• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT| Knicks fans now drinking JD in straight shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he co-captain of the lakers? Does he have any other contributions to the lakers and to the nba in any other capacity? How many rings does he have with the lakers? Was he a leader in the locker room?

I don't think you understand that the Lakers LITERALLY don't retire your number unless you are a Hall of Famer. That's their policy.

Emwitus

I don't think you understand that the Lakers LITERALLY don't retire your number unless you are a Hall of Famer. That's their policy.

A documented policy or assumed policy? Anyway, it's just my opinion his number will be retired. In other news, 24 movie got cancelled gaf? No more 24 FOREVER. :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A documented policy or assumed policy? Anyway, it's just my opinion his number will be retired. In other news, 24 movie got cancelled gaf? No more 24 FOREVER. :(

16 rings 7 retired jerseies

giri

So Lakers-Age wants to retire AC Green's number? I mean, he won chips throughout the 80s and then again in 2000. Iron Man Achievement get!

To be fair, i don't think many franchises would retire fishers number either. Except miami. He just wasn't a huge vital cog on that team, on a level with getting your number retired anyway. Chemistry wise, he probably was, but thats about it.

linsivvi

I know the history blackace, it's just my opinion that fisher is a unique type of player that might have his jersey retired one day. I was hoping for the same. It might be a long shot, from the history you've just given me but i think he is unique of a role player to earn it.

EDIT: And what a great answer by dwight to a douche reporter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N1m4o4nNWQ

Maybe he seems more unique to you than the other important role players of the past because you weren't old enough to watch them?

Emwitus

Well, the odds are against him but i'm betting on it. I hope his contract is bought out by the rockets and he comes back to the lakers in some capacity as a staff member on the coaching team. That'd be cool.

Puddles

Banned
Yes, the Lakers should retire Fisher's number.

Also, the Yankees should give Matsui a spot in Monument Park.

Edit: That's kind of an insult to Matsui now that I think about it.

WTF Minnesota. Lakers and Portland were covering Fisher's salary for next season, basically.

boo kahn. booooo
i really didn't have to read this tidbit.
vyn6h.gif

Puddles

Banned
So the trade would have looked like this?

Lakers receive
Michael Beasley

Timberwolves receive
Derek Fisher
Jamal Crawford
Cash (LA)
Cash (Portland)

Blazers receive
1st Rd pick (Lakers via Dallas)
Anthony Tolliver

I can see Minnesota wanting to stick with Beasley rather than selling him for scraps.

snack

I know the history blackace, it's just my opinion that fisher is a unique type of player that might have his jersey retired one day. I was hoping for the same. It might be a long shot, from the history you've just given me but i think he is unique of a role player to earn it.

Howard's dripping that swagoo all over da place.

XTV1C.gif

numble

Like i said. Fisher has been on the team for just one year less than james worthy and he has contributed to not only the lakers but the nba as a whole. Again, you can quote me on this when he retires and they promptly announce his jazz retirement. And LOL, at thinking Pau's hasn't deserved it already.

Lakers only raise jerseys after they've entered the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Puddles

Banned
So I'm not seeing anything about this VDN vs Mo Williams fight. I'd think this kind of thing would be major news if it actually happened.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So I'm not seeing anything about this VDN vs Mo Williams fight. I'd think this kind of thing would be major news if it actually happened.

It wouldn't be the first time Vinny got slapped around in his own locker room.

linsivvi

Wait did the Nets really trade the 4th pick in the draft for Gerald Wallace? What is that the blueprint for?

I guess their reasoning is that they can make a late playoff push and most likely the pick will be a late top 10 pick.

Silly but that's the only logical conclusion why they are doing this.

Man the NBA positively gets the bottom of the barrel sports "reporters"...smfh. Best GAF would do a way better job than most of these hacks.

In terms of Mo Gotti vs Vinny D....I'm blaming Vinny as mo was nothing but class in Cleveland.

Replace Vinny with Nate and watch Clips explode (ok ok simmer semi-hotly)

giri

I just watched the clippers suns game.

ahahahahah

that was down right hilarious.

Oh yea, CP3 is the best PG in the league.

Pkaz01

I just watched the clippers suns game.

ahahahahah

that was down right hilarious.

Oh yea, CP3 is the best PG in the league.

Gentry actually out coached Del Negro.. never thought i'd see the day gentry out coaches anyone down the stretch.

What do you think about his telfair instead of price rotation?

giri

Gentry actually out coached Del Negro.. never thought i'd see the day gentry out coaches anyone down the stretch.

What do you think about his telfair instead of price rotation?

QQ? Gentry out coached Pop for an entire series. Gentry is one of the most under rated coaches going around. If sarver doesn't lock him up for 3 or 4 years, it's a giant mistake.

I really don't know what to think of Telfair or Price. Both played really well in their role for that game. But i don't see a permanent starter in either of them. But i do like it when Telfair plays with confidence. He actually resembles an NBA point guard at times when he does that.

But i think if you have to give one of them big minutes, it's Telfair. One of them spot minutes, it's Price.

Also, i REALLY liked the decision to stick with Lopez late in the 4th. Him posting up deep was causing the clippers to stuff up rotations as bigs were undecided on whether to stick to him or not. And ... it shouldn't be a decision. That Deandre Jordan can't shut down Robin Lopez on his own is pathetic. A guy with that much athletic talent should embarrass Lopez.

But... VDN has a point. A really legitimate beef with that team. Blake has to get over his own hype, and start playing all out every game for the entire game. This bull shit of starting strong then when things don't go your way playing "tired"... iv'e seen it often this season. Everyone is tired, but... is he even averaging the most minutes on the team? (he is, at 36.6 CP3 at 36.4) For reference, Nash is playing 32.4, is 15 years older, and doesn't put on that schtick.

I think the condensed schedule WILL hurt CP3 the most, and its telling. Against the zone, he and the clippers, really lost the plot. Mo Williams was playing some chuckball, it was really really noticeable. And the effort on D was really bad.

On a side note. Jared Dudley is the single best Role Player in the NBA. His contract is an absolute Steal. The anti-boozer.

pilonv1

Wait did the Nets really trade the 4th pick in the draft for Gerald Wallace? What is that the blueprint for?

For possibly 40 days of Gerald Wallace. He could exercise an opt out, as can Deron. They could be left with just Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro and Marshawn Brooks under contract.

Pkaz01

Don't get me wrong I definitely want alvin as the coach I just don't like how he usually closes out games and his rotations kill me sometimes, but all in all he has earned an extension with the suns and has done a lot for them since taking over for Porter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dudley as a sun for life. Put his heart and effort on both ends of the floor in the body of amare and suns would have won every series.

As far as the clips go I never liked Cp3 and still don't. I agree that they are falling into their own hype with all this lob city bullshit they pumped up their own egos way too much for a team that hasn't proven anything. None of the stars on that team have done shit except for all star games. I think Vinny is going to be the scapegoat though. Even though he is given a team of random players with no balance between the roster. He had like 3 pgs and 3 pfs without a decent sf or sg.

QQ? Gentry out coached Pop for an entire series. Gentry is one of the most under rated coaches going around. If sarver doesn't lock him up for 3 or 4 years, it's a giant mistake.

I really don't know what to think of Telfair or Price. Both played really well in their role for that game. But i don't see a permanent starter in either of them. But i do like it when Telfair plays with confidence. He actually resembles an NBA point guard at times when he does that.

But i think if you have to give one of them big minutes, it's Telfair. One of them spot minutes, it's Price.

Also, i REALLY liked the decision to stick with Lopez late in the 4th. Him posting up deep was causing the clippers to stuff up rotations as bigs were undecided on whether to stick to him or not. And ... it shouldn't be a decision. That Deandre Jordan can't shut down Robin Lopez on his own is pathetic. A guy with that much athletic talent should embarrass Lopez.

But... VDN has a point. A really legitimate beef with that team. Blake has to get over his own hype, and start playing all out every game for the entire game. This bull shit of starting strong then when things don't go your way playing "tired"... iv'e seen it often this season. Everyone is tired, but... is he even averaging the most minutes on the team? (he is, at 36.6 CP3 at 36.4) For reference, Nash is playing 32.4, is 15 years older, and doesn't put on that schtick.

I think the condensed schedule WILL hurt CP3 the most, and its telling. Against the zone, he and the clippers, really lost the plot. Mo Williams was playing some chuckball, it was really really noticeable. And the effort on D was really bad.

On a side note. Jared Dudley is the single best Role Player in the NBA. His contract is an absolute Steal. The anti-boozer.

All of this....well put.

Glad somebody else has noticed Blake isn't playing like he thinks he is playing. He's HURTING this team right now. Come playoffs he is going to get smoked...look around Blake...lots of 4's ready to know your delicate ass around for 5 to 7 games. And that playoff whistle isn't as kind...

giri

Don't get me wrong I definitely want alvin as the coach I just don't like how he usually closes out games and his rotations kill me sometimes, but all in all he has earned an extension with the suns and has done a lot for them since taking over for Porter.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dudley as a sun for life. Put his heart and effort on both ends of the floor in the body of amare and suns would have won every series.

As far as the clips go I never liked Cp3 and still don't. I agree that they are falling into their own hype with all this lob city bullshit they pumped up their own egos way too much for a team that hasn't proven anything. None of the stars on that team have done shit except for all star games. I think Vinny is going to be the scapegoat though. Even though he is given a team of random players with no balance between the roster. He had like 3 pgs and 3 pfs without a decent sf or sg.

I'd love to see Jared a sun for life, cause he's genuinely the sort of person this club has built it's reputation around since nash has been here. But if the suns can't rebuild, i'd feel really bad for him to waste his career here. He could be a difference maker on a chip team.

You put him on Orlando / clippers and a lot of the rubbish in the locker room goes away. He's just the sort of person that knows how to keep spirits up, and people motivated and going.

RBH

Jeremy Lin, and the Knicks' other young players, stand to be the biggest losers in the transition from Mike D'Antoni's offense to Mike Woodson's. After his first full practice in charge Thursday, Mike Woodson made it clear that it is going to be the veterans, primarily Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, whom he is going to look for at the end of games.

When asked if the Knicks now are Anthony's ballclub, Woodson said, "It's everybody's ballclub. I want everybody to feel comfortable. When I put a guy in the game and he's got a shot, I want him to feel comfortable about making that shot.

"But I want everyone to know that when it comes to [crunch time] and I have to get a big shot, I'm going to go to Melo and Amar'e and guys who have done it. Not these guys who are young and are still trying to feel their way out."

Jeremy Lin’s days as a starting point guard could be numbered.

When Mike D'Antoni walked away from the Knicks he may have taken Linsanity with him, as the role in the offense will change dramatically under new head coach Mike Woodson.

The feeling among the Knicks, and around the NBA for that matter, is that Baron Davis is better suited to run Mike Woodson's offense and that the veteran point guard could replace Lin within two weeks.

"Again, Jeremy's in a learning stage and everybody is as far as I'm concerned with me being the head coach," Woodson said following his first practice since replacing D'Antoni. "They've got to know what I'm about and that I'm thinking, especially the point guards that play.

"They've got to know what I want and they've got to know the players around them and who's feeling what during the course of the game. And be able to distribute the ball and still be able to do their thing as well."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/s...nd-anthony-and-stoudemire-will-take-them.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...ard-article-1.1040128?localLinksEnabled=false

I fucking knew this would happen under Woodson.

Pkaz01

I'd love to see Jared a sun for life, cause he's genuinely the sort of person this club has built it's reputation around since nash has been here. But if the suns can't rebuild, i'd feel really bad for him to waste his career here. He could be a difference maker on a chip team.

You put him on Orlando / clippers and a lot of the rubbish in the locker room goes away. He's just the sort of person that knows how to keep spirits up, and people motivated and going.

Yea I'd have no hard feelings if he went to contender once the full on rebuild started. He isn't good enough to build around anyway so he would be wasting his years.

Put him in that SG position in Chicago and I think they go all the way.

giri

Yup, woodson is reverting to iso offense in the 4th, confirmed. To complete the transition all we need is melo to say "i don't care about the fans, they can go fuck themselves" and he'll really have found his new Joe Johnson.

Yea I'd have no hard feelings if he went to contender once the full on rebuild started. He isn't good enough to build around anyway so he would be wasting his years.

Put him in that SG position in Chicago and I think they go all the way.

... It would be REALLY interesting. JYD has guarded LBJ before and given him troubles for stretches. Would mean rest of deng, or if he got into foul trouble, LBJ wouldn't be given a free pass...

Add in that Dudley isn't afraid too, and is really good at, knocking down the 3. Great facilitator and passer.

It would certainly be an interesting place.

Gabyskra

Banned
Yup, woodson is reverting to iso offense in the 4th, confirmed. To complete the transition all we need is melo to say "i don't care about the fans, they can go fuck themselves" and he'll really have found his new Joe Johnson.

What a bunch of bullshit. Melo got plenty of iso plays drawn up for him this season, and he would make like a third of his shots at most.

pilonv1

I will laugh if he sits Novak, who has been arguably the Knicks best player in the last month.

Friday Night Knicks is going to be fun.

So basically Melo is a huge cancer.

News at a 11.

Wiz so gooooood. Blatche is basically an outcast at this point and Jordan Crawford remains the only player who is a gunner now.

Barnes / Davis future.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly hope Lin makes a huge stink about it. Don't want to see him on the Knicks next season, would be the worst thing possible for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom