• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT| Knicks fans now drinking JD in straight shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its any consolation, i think the clippers are the best entertainers in the league. I haven't laughed that hard or long in quite some time. The 4th Q was pure entertainment.

Holy shit.

I didn't know what you were talking about (I went out earlier). Clippers lost to the Suns without Nash or Hill?

And Hack A Griff worked?

Ahahaha

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol what? Like he was getting a chance anywhere else?

Huh? Not what I was arguing, D'Antoni was the one one who gave him a shot and now he is gone. I'm saying he's a restricted free agent this season, the Knicks should just let him go to a team that will actually give him a chance instead of burying him on the bench the way Woodson will.

Gabyskra

Banned
Huh? Not what I was arguing, D'Antoni was the one one who gave him a shot and now he is gone. I'm saying he's a restricted free agent this season, the Knicks should just let him go to a team that will actually give him a chance instead of burying him on the bench the way Woodson will.

I don't think Woodson has the leverage to bench Lin, even if he wanted (and I don't think he does). New York would want his head if he touched the golden boy. And Woodson probably knows the job is not his next year, they're going for a bigger name.

giri

Why should the knicks do anyone else in the league a favor?

Blackface

Banned
lol what? Like he was getting a chance anywhere else?

Raptors were trying to trade for him. Since he has the talent, he would have shown it here. Which would have made him a big focal point of the team, unlike in New York. Where it's all about Amare and Carmelo.

It seems Lin could develop into an amazing point guard. This won't happen in New York. He is not being given room to develop. He is instead being told exactly what to do, and thats lets Amare and Carmelo run ISO plays since they don't have a brain for anything else.

Do we not remember Woodson running the Hawks? All they ran was ISO plays, and although it will get NY to the playoffs eventually, much like it did in Atlanta. It also made it so Atlanta was a joke, and would consistently get booted.

charsace

Raptors were trying to trade for him. Since he has the talent, he would have shown it here. Which would have made him a big focal point of the team, unlike in New York. Where it's all about Amare and Carmelo.

It seems Lin could develop into an amazing point guard. This won't happen in New York. He is not being given room to develop. He is instead being told exactly what to do, and thats lets Amare and Carmelo run ISO plays since they don't have a brain for anything else.

Do we not remember Woodson running the Hawks? All they ran was ISO plays, and although it will get NY to the playoffs eventually, much like it did in Atlanta. It also made it so Atlanta was a joke, and would consistently get booted.
They didn't want him bad enough because he's playing for the knicks right now. Lin will get control again when Melo bricks 20 shots a night for a few games.

Blackface

Banned
They didn't want him bad enough because he's playing for the knicks right now. Lin will get control again when Melo bricks 20 shots a night for a few games.

Like Webber said, Melo is a ball stopper. Nobody who is running New York has a fucking clue. They are all idiots. Any top office guy who would bring in Melo with D'antoni as a coach knows nothing about basketball.

I don't think it's a coincidence that New York went on a 7 game winning streak without Melo, and started to lose when he got back.

Amare is an uptempo player
Carmelo is a ISO half court player
Lin is an uptempo PG
JR smith is an idiot who has no brain
Tyson Chandler is half court defensive beast
D'antoni is an uptempo no defense PG heavy coach.

Could you have built a more unbalanced team? It's honestly like the Knicks were treating this like a fantasy team, trying to get big names to appeal to the market. Not giving a shit how balanced anything was.

Now they have Woodson running things. Woodsons system is like a poor, starving Somalian child's version of what they do in LA. Except Carmelo isn't even a 35 year old Kobe, and Amare couldn't average 10 rebounds to stop world hunger.

giri

Like Webber said, Melo is a ball stopper. Nobody who is running New York has a fucking clue. They are all idiots. Any top office guy who would bring in Melo with D'antoni as a coach knows nothing about basketball.

I don't think it's a coincidence that New York went on a 7 game winning streak without Melo, and started to lose when he got back.

Lin is an uptempo PG

Could you have built a more unbalanced team? It's honestly like the Knicks were treating this like a fantasy team, trying to get big names to appeal to the market. Not giving a shit how balanced anything was.

Now they have Woodson running things. Woodsons system is like a poor, starving Somalian child's version of what they do in LA. Except Carmelo isn't even a 35 year old Kobe, and Amare couldn't average 10 rebounds to stop world hunger.

I would have said Woodson is a beta version of Mac 10.

charsace

Lin is an uptempo PG

You're just reiterating a things that Knicks fans have been saying for a while. Though your jab at JR doesn't make any sense because he bought into D'Antoni system and was always looking for the open man. He hasn't really been showing signs of dumb play that he is known for. Though its becoming clear that him and melo don't like each other.

Lin is an uptempo PG

If you just thought of that, your brain is marvelous.

If you've been waiting to use that, semi-marvelous.

Owzers

I don't get the anger, Lin coming off the bench to lead the second unit is a better move anyways. Let Baron run the old man offense with Stat/Melo.

Indeed, I just don't see how it 'obviously' will pan out better than previous years. It could, but it seems like all the talking heads are acting as if there's a Lebron, or Duncan in the draft; an obvious franchise changing player.

Kentucky almost never runs plays for Davis on offense but he is still putting up great numbers, he is also on a record setting pace defensively. He is definitely a game changer. If Michael Kidd-Gilchrist can develop a better jump shot he has All-Star games in his future as well. Quincy Miller has a complete offensive game, but until he can stay healthy he's too much of a risk for teams to bank on him. John Henson is also a bit underrated, but yeah with the exception of those guys I don't see many potentially game changing players in this draft.

There are a ton of guys in this draft who will make solid contributions to a team though. Barnes, Sullinger, Beal, Zeller, Robinson, Marshall, Jenkins, Lamb (both), etc. will all be good players in the NBA. It's a deep draft, but not an extraordinarily talented one.

Owzers

yes, have $50M coming off the bench.

I wanted Stat to come off the bench in favor of Jeffries' defense and feeding Chandler more down in the paint, no need for Stat in a scoring role as a starter. But it is a matter of money, they aren't going to "Arenas" Stat and not start him.

giri

I wanted Stat to come off the bench in favor of Jeffries' defense and feeding Chandler more down in the paint, no need for Stat in a scoring role as a starter. But it is a matter of money, they aren't going to "Arenas" Stat and not start him.

There's also the fact that Amare works best with someone feeding him, and letting him do what he does best, finish.

If there was an option, it would be melo off the bench. But you don't pay a bench player 20M.

Vahagn

When you're talking about benching someone you paid 20 million for and who is and should be an all star starter - its probably a good indication that your franchise has no fucking clue how to build a team

Vahagn

Coach of the Year really only has 3 candidates in my opinion

Pop - as always
SVG - for successfully managing that circus
McHale - Totally surprised at how well he's doing...thought only someone of Adelman's caliber could get that team in the playoffs

Kevin seems to have a great, easy going personality. Him and George Karl.

Not too much yelling, just play ball. Not surprised he works. It works.

giri

Pop - as always
McHale - Totally surprised at how well he's doing...thought only someone of Adelman's caliber could get that team in the playoffs

SVG and McHale have no right to be on that list.

Pop. Spo. And if they can get up to the 4th seed and finish there, George Karl.

Lin is an uptempo PG

Melo is strange because he did so well in Den with that uptempo system. Now he just wants to hold the ball.

The Stealth Fox

I'm happy with McHale. I'm just tired of Morey overvaluing his team of trade assets. He keeps waiting for the right deal and is trying to upgrade a .500 team through trade. He's been trying for three years.

TIME TO BLOW IT UP MOREY.

SVG is good too and is unfairly criticized. He's a Van Gundy. Van Gundies are pretty good coaches.

giga

Pop - as always
Mike Brown - for being 27-16

Vahagn

SVG and McHale have no right to be on that list.

Pop. Spo. And if they can get up to the 4th seed and finish there, George Karl.

Don't you think Coach of the year is about exceeding expectations? Unless the Heat have far and away the best record Spo doesn't deserve it. Pop and Phil have lost out on 3 or 4 awards for the same reason.

Also Houston has an equal record to the Nuggets and it's arguable for who has less talent.

Also, if Memphis stays in the top 4 Lionel Hollins for taking that teams sans Zach to that record

I'm happy with McHale. I'm just tired of Morey overvaluing his team of trade assets. He keeps waiting for the right deal and is trying to upgrade a .500 team through trade. He's been trying for three years.

TIME TO BLOW IT UP MOREY.

SVG is good too and is unfairly criticized. He's a Van Gundy. Van Gundies are pretty good coaches.

Ainge stayed patient. He will eventually pull it off.

Everybody else has been able to. Houston will have their day.

giri

Don't you think Coach of the year is about exceeding expectations? Unless the Heat have far and away the best record Spo doesn't deserve it. Pop and Phil have lost out on 3 or 4 awards for the same reason.

Also Houston has an equal record to the Nuggets and it's arguable for who has less talent.

Also, if Memphis stays in the top 4 Lionel Hollins for taking that teams sans Zach to that record

No, COTY should go to the best coached team, not juding it on that cost sloan about 20 times. And Spo should be right up there for getting LBJ and wade to buy into a system that de-emphasizes their below average jumpers but benefits the team.

Their offense is completely different to last year for the first 3Q of a game. Thats pretty significant.

McHale has done ok, but he always does this with a new team IIRC. it falls off pretty hard in the second year.

Hard to argue against hollins other than i think several other coaches would get more out of that roster.

Vahagn

No, COTY should go to the best coached team, not juding it on that cost sloan about 20 times. And Spo should be right up there for getting LBJ and wade to buy into a system that de-emphasizes their below average jumpers but benefits the team.

Their offense is completely different to last year for the first 3Q of a game. Thats pretty significant.

McHale has done ok, but he always does this with a new team IIRC. it falls off pretty hard in the second year.

Hard to argue against hollins other than i think several other coaches would get more out of that roster.

In an ideal world. But then Pop, Phil, Sloan, Riley would win ever year. It's like the MVP...goes to the feel good story / new guy / overachieving team. If it was just best player Kobe/Shaq would have more than 1 a piece.

And Spo...eh. They still rely on FT's and fast breaks. Their half court offense still blows which is why they still lose close games so often. There are probably 10 coaches in this league that would do a better job with the Heat roster, I'm sure of that

I agree with your post but LBJ is a decent mid-range shooter.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
SVG deserves to be considered just for simply figuring out how to get wins out of an Otis Smith managed roster. Ryan Anderson is legitimately our 2nd best player and really the only other player who could be considered good this season. 5th best record in the league and this isn't even counting how draining the entire Dwight debacle has been.

SVG hate here is always hilarious.

SVG deserves to be considered just for simply figuring out how to get wins out of an Otis Smith managed roster. Ryan Anderson is legitimately our 2nd best player and really the only other player who could be considered good this season. 5th best record in the league and this isn't even counting how draining the entire Dwight debacle has been.

SVG hate here is always hilarious.

If they dont care, I dont care. Fuck it.

/SVG voice

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Pringles should be COY. In 1 move that he didn't exactly want to do, he made the Knicks the top story on ESPN for 2 straight weeks.

THE KNICKS ARE BACK
to where they were 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom