• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov |OT| Bargnani and Chris Smith, Your New York Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever

Banned
Finally the regular season starts tomorrow. Here are the latest, most pressing stories in the NBA.

Chris Smith is a New York Knick

The New York Knicks gave guard Chris Smith (the brother of J.R. Smith) a roster spot in a surprising move last Friday.

Smith, whose only professional experience is in the NBA summer league, will get a fully guaranteed $490,000 contract if he's still on the 15-man roster by Wednesday night's opening game against Milwaukee.

Due to Smith's limited experience and perceived lack of NBA-level talent, commentators are searching for ulterior motivates.

While some are crying nepotism, others are theorizing that the Knicks made the move to appease CAA — the powerful sports agency that's highly influential within the franchise.

New York media remains clueless about Bargnani

When New York sent two players and three draft picks (including a 2016 first-rounder) to Toronto for Bargnani, the front office envisioned getting a player who could stretch the floor with his shooting. But Bargnani shot just 38 percent on attempts from 15 feet and out (13-for-34).

Anthony, for what it's worth, thinks Bargnani is still getting adjusted to life in a Knicks uniform. But how long will the grace period will be for Bargnani among the team's impatient fan base?

"He's not going to adjust to the New York style, the New York way of living, overnight. So I'm not asking for people to be patient with him but as his teammates we're very patient with him," Anthony said.

ibzslGNGYe0XAE.gif

CONSIDER FOR LEAGUE PASS
miami-heat.jpg
indiana-pacers.jpg
chicago-bulls.jpg
brooklyn-nets.jpg

houston-rockets.jpg
golden-state-warriors.jpg
los-angeles-clippers.jpg
san-antonio-spurs.jpg
oklahoma-city-thunder.jpg
memphis-grizzlies.jpg

NEITHER HERE NOR THERE
atlanta-hawks.jpg
charlotte-bobcats.jpg
detroit-pistons.jpg
cleveland-cavaliers.jpg
washington-wizards.jpg
toronto-raptors.jpg
milwaukee-bucks.jpg
boston-celtics.jpg

sacramento-kings.jpg
portland-trail-blazers.jpg
utah-jazz.jpg
minnesota-timberwolves.jpg
dallas-mavericks.jpg
denver-nuggets.jpg
los-angeles-lakers.jpg
photo.jpg

RIGGIN4WIGGINS
philadelphia-76ers.jpg
orlando-magic.jpg

phoenix-suns.jpg

FUCK DA KNICKS
new-york-knicks.jpg

Even though Reilo has historically used shitty thread titles for his own pleasure, I disapprove of this

You're only a rook buddy

Zep

Banned
Just give him this month...Fuck it.

edit: lol, this guy put up each team square individually. Gotta give credit on that one!

charsace

I don't understand why the Knicks are the focus of this thread? The Lakers are the team in the NBA and got burned the worst since the start of last season.

hwalker84

Huge Bulls fan here from Pittsburgh. I'm going to the home opener vs the Knicks! Can't wait! Never been to Chicago. I've seen the Bulls live multiple times though.

Pimpwerx

I approve. Least shitty OP in quite some time. Plus, Forever is one of the least-douchy members of NBA-Age. I have spoken. So let it be posted, so let it be done. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom