• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think all silver medalists feel this way right after a tough loss in the gold medal. I don't recall Team USA being all smiles in Vancouver.

Well, accomplishment it is, but it's got to be tough being the only one on the podium at the end because you just lost. I'd imagine the bronze brings a bigger thrill for the players since they have to win it.

Well, accomplishment it is, but it's got to be tough being the only one on the podium at the end because you just lost. I'd imagine the bronze brings a bigger thrill for the players since they have to win it.

Exactly.

Not to mention emotions are pretty high right after a loss so the reporter fishing for a quote got one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
anigif_enhanced-buzz-20908-1363185894-4.gif

The Don is coming.... D:

Keep that thread open. I got my magnum opus coming.

Reading back through this thread, I was going to quote all the Kunitz hate before he scored but it was too much.

Incredible tournament by Canada. Well deserved.

Jayhawk

Just got back home. I wish I was sober enough to read through the posts in this thread from when the game was on. GO CANADA!

I think all silver medalists feel this way right after a tough loss in the gold medal. I don't recall Team USA being all smiles in Vancouver.

Sure, you don't have to be thrilled about it, but saying "I'm gonna hock this hunk of junk" is disrespectful to the event, and to your country.

JABEE

It's called a joke.

Congrats Canada-GAF!

Team Canada had the most talent of any team these international tournaments have seen in awhile. The defensive corp is impeccable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canada's defense was absolutely amazing all tournament. Just... damn. That defense group was so damn good.

Leeness

Late but still relevant:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85K6CypFY-s

Couldn't find the "now they know" version :'(

Woke up at 5:30 this morning (during the break...). I watched the third, but I was definitely tired. I closed my eyes for a moment, thought I was just blinking, but suddenly it was 3-0 and only five minutes left lol.

Rewatching now and damn that defense. Amazing.

Canada, fuck yeah. :')

Wow Bäckström pulled in the last minute before match for that! fuck em! This is Bullshit!

No wonder Sweden couldnt fucking play out there today!

An already thin team stretched even thinner by the loss of Bäckström, and I am sure it didnt help for the team that they knew he got pulled due to " performance enhancing drugs"

Sweden played the worst match of the tournament today no doubt, they couldnt even fucking get a pass right...

Congrats Canada, you were the better team today obviously, and there is no real question why that is. I am still happy with a silver, its a great effort from an heavily injury stricken team like sweden. Fuck IOC!

3N16MA

Banned
You win games as a team!

USA is home of the best league in the world along with the best clubs in the world!

Yes, you win games in the NHL as a team with Canadians leading the way. Of the 19 teams that have won the cup since 1993, 15 of them had Canadian captains.

Stet

Banned
Wow Bäckström pulled in the last minute before match for that! fuck em! This is Bullshit!

An already thin team stretched even thinner by the loss of Bäckström, and I am sure it didnt help for the team that they knew he got pulled due to " performance enhancing drugs"

Sweden played the worst match of the tournament today no doubt, they couldnt even fucking get a pass right...

Congrats Canada, you were the better team today obviously, and there is no real question why that is. I am still happy with a silver, its a great effort from an heavily injury stricken team like sweden. Fuck IOC!

We were missing Tavares and never got Stamkos...

Socreges

Banned

Haven't read much of this thread yet, but I hope there haven't been many posts this pathetic

Wazzy

Banned

Let's be real, Sweden didn't show up after the first period and it cost them. Canada outplayed them in every department.

We don't need to make excuses for a team that made it to the finals. They were okay but just couldn't best Canada.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done watching the gold medal game. Blech. Losing Backstrom was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back for Sweden. Feel bad for Hank, but as we know all too well, he can only do so much.

Canada's team defense was too good. Almost impossible to penetrate to even get to Price over the last few games.

Good job, Canada. Also, two-time gold medalist Real Canadian Hero Rick Nash!

Blader

Let's be real, Sweden didn't show up after the first period and it cost them. Canada outplayed them in every department.

We don't need to make excuses for a team that made it to the finals. They were okay but just couldn't best Canada.

Literally :p

So at least here in Finland one of the antidoping bosses said that it's impossible to take too big dose of pseudoephedrine accidentally. WADA just increased the allowed level couple of years ago to avoid accidents. This same substance is completely legal in NHL though.... Doesn't give too rosy picture of antidoping work of NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom