• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 British ISIS brides that flew into Syria reportedly on the run from their husbands

Status
Not open for further replies.
kadiza-sultana-16-shamima-begum-15-amira-abase-15.jpg

Isis: British teenage 'Jihadi brides' said to be on run from husbands in Iraq

Three London schoolgirls who ran away to the Middle East to become "Jihadi brides" are on the run from their husbands in the Iraqi city of Mosul, it is being reported.

Shamima Begum, Amira Abase and Kadiza Sultana ran away from home in February and were seen on CCTV at a UK airport and in Turkey before slipping over the border into Syria.

Since arriving in Isis-controlled territory, Amira posted a Tweet including a photograph of takeaway food and the caption 'dawla takeaway w/ @um_ayoub12'. The message seemed to imply the girls were enjoying life in the Middle East.

However, it has now been claimed by an anonymous blogger called "Mosul Eye" that three British girls, possibly the three London girls, are trying to escape their husbands - and possibly Isis (also known as Isil or Islamic State).

In a Facebook posting on 2 May, the blogger wrote: "Three girls, [foreigners, British] married to ISIL militants, reported missing, and ISIL announced to all its check points to search for them. It is believed that those girls have escaped."

He later added: "The ­latest info I got on them is they are still on the run, but still in Mosul, and ISIL is thoroughly searching for them and hasn't captured them yet. They are Brits, not immigrants, and they are very young teens (around 16 years old). That's all I have about them for now."

The news will add to the torment of the families of the three girls back in London, who claim they had no idea their children were planning to fly to the Middle East. It later emerged that the father of Amira Abase had attended Islamist rallies in London.

Today's news comes as Isis sympathisers have made a number of threats on social media warning that London is to come under attack. Using the hashtag #LondonAttack posters have uploaded photographs of machine guns and what appears to be a suicide belt along with cryptic warnings. However, the police say they do not currently believe the threats are credible.

Hexa

I know I should probably feel some sort of sympathy or something, but honestly, I just find that hilarious.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I would never let an IS member (man or woman) back into normal Western society. I wouldn't be able to trust them regardless of what change of heart they may claim to have.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never understand the appeal for young women to join this shit. I get why psychotic men would join, but women literally become property right away.

NexusCell

Really?

I'd rather not imagine what will happen to them when they're caught.

They're just kids.

There is a point to where "There just kids" can be applied. Leaving their homes to become brides for a known terrorist group who laugh at the notion of woman's rights or freedom and then wanting to back off after they see what reality is does not make me that sympathetic.

Sliver

Do any of these people Google "Isis" before they leave? I'm guessing they're recruited on Twitter/the internet?

TheJLC

Really?

They're just kids.
They didn't willfully leave to join the Girl Scouts and got caught up in some mishap, they left to join a terrorist organization and marry jihadists.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
The part about them appearing to enjoy it on social media is interesting. I wouldnt be surprised if ISIS just takes control of their social media accounts when they join and post positive shit to try to encourage others.

GreekWolf

The parents work their entire lives to get out of the devil's kitchen, then their brain dead kids go running back into it with both feet. That has to be devastating for the remaining family members.

lets be honest

they sort of deserve what they get if they saw all the shit ISIL does and decided that was the sort of life they wanted.

Zebra

There is a point to where "There just kids" can be applied. Leaving their homes to become brides for a known terrorist group who laugh at the notion of woman's rights or freedom and then wanting to back off after they see what reality is does not make me that sympathetic.

They're 16 years old.

I remember thinking some super dumb stuff at 16 that I grew out of when I became an adult. Nothing on that level, but 16 year olds tend to be idealistic, naive to the reality of the world, and going through a philosophical exploratory/rebellion phase. It's a mixture that can lead some of them to make incredibly poor choices.

This is just victim blaming. They were basically groomed, dumb or not.

Really?

They're just kids.

No sympathy honestly, reap what you sow. Everytime I hear these news, it reminds me of what I saw growing up(allure of extremism) and honestly I have no sympathy for them if they fall for the trap of those dickwads,. Yes these people are vulnerable to propaganda but mostly it's just gung-ho adventurism and an immature desire to get people's attention.

The ultimate punishment for their stupidity is that they face the consequences of their own choices and become examples for others.

They are very young. Stupidity abounds at that age.

Nope. At 16 years old everyone should know that killing innocent people are fucked. So fuck em, stop trying to defend people who willingly went to get themselves married to monsters. Edit-16 year olds aren't children, not by any regard.

Don't want to say I don't you so ladies but I told you so. Looks like they finally realized what they got themselves into and hope they get back safe

Mook1e

They haven't committed any atrocities themselves, so I cannot in good faith wish them harm.

We don't know what they did or didn't do after they JOINED THE TERRORIST GROUP.

They may have been involved in all sorts of violent, bullying behavior towards others before they got a taste and went running.

Or not. ;)

I do hope they get back home safely so they can perhaps advocate for those who are still trapped and warn others not to join.

SURGEdude

I wish them no harm but I don't think they should ever be allowed to return to the west. And 16 is old enough to know right from wrong especially when the wrong is so apparent with a group like ISIS.

zeemumu

I could at least attempt to partially rationalize this line of thinking if there was a single positive thing that could come of this decision, but I can't think of one.

Verendus

Banned
They're just ahead of the curve. Over the next five years, half of the men and women in the UK will end up leaving the country to become jihadi brides.

#davidcameron

When I read these stories about westerners joining ISIS and having regrets, I'm a little bewildered that they don't know what they are getting into. ISIS makes it no secret about what kind of horrific brutality they inflict on their enemies. Hell they produce "quality" videos of it on their own. If you go to the lengths of getting money, a passport and sneaking into whatever hellhole ISIS is operating out of how can you not understand what you are getting yourself into?

Women willingly joining something like ISIS is completely and utterly baffling, a true alien concept to me. Men, sure I can wrap my head around it but women, I just don't get it.

i don't think "they're just kids" is a good excuse for people planning to marry members of a terrorist organization. if that's the case you might as well defend any awful action teenagers do because they're just "kids."

Skeyser

When I read these stories about westerners joining ISIS and having regrets, I'm a little bewildered that they don't know what they are getting into. ISIS makes it no secret about what kind of horrific brutality they inflict on their enemies. Hell they produce "quality" videos of it on their own. If you go to the lengths of getting money, a passport and sneaking into whatever hellhole ISIS is operating out of how can you not understand what you are getting yourself into?

They probably fall for the ISIS propaganda that they are invincible and have God on their side and blah blah blah. When they realize that they can get bombed at anytime or raped by their ''jihadi husband'' they change their minds about how cool ISIS is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom