• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

Korey

Caj814 said:
Mirrored. . .just in case Marvel takes it down :lol
dR26D.jpg

jVCyI.jpg

vLGXg.jpg

FUCK YES, MUCH?

Holy shit, didn't know Capcom had the balls to do it. Ammy looks a little off though in 3D, which is ironic since he should really be really adaptable to a comic book style.

More INK effects please!

Another yes for Amaterasu. Very neat inclusion, especially after TvsC left us hanging with an Ōkami boss like that.

It would be disappointing if the Marvel side completely shunned female characters. Not even Rogue for old time's sake? With the cast size reduced like this, they could actually give her unique powers again.

Kulock said:
It would be disappointing if the Marvel side completely shunned female characters. Not even Rogue for old time's sake? With the cast size reduced like this, they could actually give her unique powers again.
Exactly!
Out of Storm, Psylocke and Rogue we should have at least one.....they gotta have at least one black character :lol
Black Panther or Luke Cage....Luke would make me upset on Ms.Marvel proportions

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
akilshohen said:
Exactly!
Out of Storm, Psylocke and Rouge we should have at least one.....they gotta have at least one black character :lol
Black Panther or Luke Cage....Luke would make me upset on Ms.Marvel proportions

Storm?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Choppasmith said:
Good riddance. The less Ken fanatics whining about his overratedness, the better. I use to like him, but thanks to guys like you I despise the character now. Good job!

Stream is going on right now. Of all things, SFIV-styled voice select will be available, but for Capcom characters only.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2010/07/marvel-capcom-3-includes-japanese-english-voiceovers/

OMG Nitsuma just confirmed no Phoenix Wright. :( Though there was some insinuating going on the possibility of Edgeworth.

Wow they must suck if its this hard to come up with a comedic moveset for him.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
IntelliHeath said:
>_> I happened to like his wing helmet because that helmet made what he is.

I just googled up the picture of ultimate thor. It made me felt that he is the thor that went bad.

The whole Ultimate Thor plotline was tres cool.

Dizzle24 said:
Also, anyone who expected Lady to make an appearance over Trish is insane in the membrane, since Trish was actually a playable character in one of the series' games.

By this logic, we should expect to see Tofu or Hunk as the secondary RE character, if there is one, since they were playable characters in one of the series games (and Wesker wasn't).

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

---

Great... Amaterasu is a character? That should prove "interesting" based off the smaller character sprite alone. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiK said:
I can't wait to main Ammy and beat down you Okami haters with her :lol

Maybe she has the ability to drag out the match 3 times longer than it should be :lol

MoxManiac

corrosivefrost said:
By this logic, we should expect to see Tofu or Hunk as the secondary RE character, if there is one, since they were playable characters in one of the series games (and Wesker wasn't).

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

---

Great... Amaterasu is a character? That should prove "interesting" based off the smaller character sprite alone. :(

Wesker is/was playable in the same capacity as Tofu and Hunk was (i.e in extra game modes)

GatorBait

I'm not really familiar with Okami. Can someone give me an overview of Amaterasu's powers/moves in that game and how they might translate to a fighting game?

I like the inclusion of Amaterasu even though I don't know much about the character. Okami is a fairly major and well received Capcom game, and being able to fit that character into a fighting game shows this team isn't afraid to push boundaries in the same way the earlier MvC teams did.

GatorBait said:
I'm not really familiar with Okami. Can someone give me an overview of Amaterasu's powers/moves in that game and how they might translate to a fighting game?

Swords, magical paintbrush powers such as slashing, bomb creation, lightning and fire magic, pissing on foes and straight up biting (she doesn't bite in Okami but she's a wolf, it'd be a reasonable attack for MvC3).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
GatorBait said:

I like the inclusion of Amaterasu even though I don't know much about the character. Okami is a fairly major and well received Capcom game, and being able to fit that character into a fighting game shows this team isn't afraid to push boundaries in the same way the earlier MvC teams did.
she does an Izuna Drop!!!

LiK

Green Scar said:
Swords, magical paintbrush powers such as slashing, bomb creation, lightning and fire magic, pissing on foes and straight up biting (she doesn't bite in Okami but she's a wolf, it'd be a reasonable attack for MvC3).
aka Total Pwnage

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey did people ever figure out who was the "villain" who showed up in the firey cloud during the E3 Teaser Trailer?

It definitely wasn't Phoenix... it was a man. Kinda looked like Apocalypse or Onslaught, but I know it isn't either of them unless they've been really redesigned.

Degen

Adam Prime said:
Hey did people ever figure out who was the "villain" who showed up in the firey cloud during the E3 Teaser Trailer?

It definitely wasn't Phoenix... it was a man. Kinda looked like Apocalypse or Onslaught, but I know it isn't either of them unless they've been really redesigned.
Dormammu

Were only the screens of Amaterasu released? Or is there video of her fighting against Thor or others?

While I don't deny that she's a unique and interesting character for inclusion, I'm just worried about a Tekken 3 Gon/Boskonovitch fiasco.

I know that MvC2 sprites varied in size and all, but of the revealed characters, other than Hulk taking up 8 city blocks, most of the characters seem fairly simliar in size... Amaterasu is a strange case to me at this point, since in neutral fighting stance, she'd be be as tall, as most characters' waists.

I suppose Felicia's cat like stance would be pretty low... but other than that, do we have anyone else? I can only think of Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man for additional smaller characters at this point that are highly rumoured.... (unless B.B. Hood makes an appearance).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Adam Prime said:

Dormammu, one of Doc Strange's main villians. We have his silhouette too.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Green Scar said:

She bites stuff to pull it. Like people's clothing to get their attention.

GatorBait

Seth Killian said in the Comic Con stream that that Trish is his favorite character so far. He said she has a lot of traps.

Also, here is the list of characters we have confirmed (either through official screens or silhouettes). There are 10 on each side so far, so I guess we can expect around 6-8 more on each side. I think it is also safe to say some iteration of Mega Man will be present. I thought I remembered reading that they expect around 1/3 of the roster to be new characters? I hope they end up exceeding that because we've already seen 10 new characters so far.

Capcom:
Ryu
Chun-Li
Morrigan
Felicia
Dante
Trish
Chris Redfield
Viewtiful Joe
Frank West
Amaterasu

Marvel:
Deadpool
Hulk
Iron Man
Wolverine
Captain America
Super Skrull
Dr. Doom
Thor
Spider-Man
Dormammu

Dormammu is probably the final (and probably unplayable) boss. If you read up on him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dormammu he's the lord of an alternate dimension. The "Fate of Two Worlds" subtitle probably means he's the one behind all of this. I hope this means we get some mystical Marvel characters like Ghost Rider and Dr Strange.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
KAL2006 said:
Ghost Rider and Silver Surfer would be good Marvel inclusions as they both have been featured in films in the past
GR is out, though he was close to getting in apparently.

LiK

Fimbulvetr said:
I think he thought you were using the old slang version of "bite" which was an insult.,

Don't know why he'd think that though, that shit be old. :lol
I have no clue what you're talking about :lol

LiK

Fimbulvetr said:
I thought you were mad about him hatin' on Okami or something.

My bad..
You're right about that, Okami Defense Force Unite!

Dunno the "bite" slang thing tho.

Top Bottom