• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

EYEL1NER

So we got 2 more chars since I was last in the thread? Awesome. And I'm pretty pumped about the choices as well.

Holy shit. Amaterasu? Godly. I saw alot of people wanting her in, and so did I since I recently started playing Okami -- but I never figured it could be a reality.

Thor? Figured he'd get in, knowing of his future movie role. THUNDER STRIKE.

Bleepey

Capcom-Unity conducted an interview with Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer, Ryota Niitsuma, at Comic-Con and archived video is up on their uStream page.

It's over an hour long, so to save you the trouble of watching the whole clip, here are the interesting bits that came up.

• Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.

• Ghost Rider was on the list of potential characters up until the end, but didn't make the cut and Punisher wasn't included because he was too similar to Chris Redfield. They developers were careful about not having characters who would overlap too much.

• Niitsuma didn't rule out more Comic-Con MvC3 announcements — although he said this before Thor and Amaterasu were confirmed.

• The current character select screen is not completely indicative of what the final character screen will look like. So counting the available slots won't get you far.

Booooo! No Daredevil. Although there would be a worry as to how he'd play, i mean what could they do,? He'd play like Spider-man with a homing/ricotcheting baton like Cap. I suppose there's always hope for Iron Fist or some shit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bleepey said:
Booooo! No Daredevil. Although there would be a worry as to how he'd play, i mean what could they do,? He'd play like Spider-man with a homing/ricotcheting baton like Cap. I suppose there's always hope for Iron Fist or some shit.

Someone said that they heard that MvC3 will have more characters than SSF4, which is 35 characters from stream or something. I was wondering if it is true?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If they really want to reflect the current Marvel Universe I'm hoping they'll have Nova to at least somewhat represent the cosmic side.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Bleepey said:

Daredevil is a hand to hand kinda guy with billy clubs for extra flash. He's a master of multiple martial arts. He'd be an awesome character.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nils said:
If they really want to reflect the current Marvel Universe I'm hoping they'll have Nova to at least somewhat represent the cosmic side.

I'd prefer some Phyla-Vell but they fucking killed her off last I checked...

They could always go for an Edgeworth/Gumshoe duo, sort of like Doronjo in TvsC, and for the Level 3 Super, Edgeworth and Phoenix get into an "Objection!" duel, with the enemy in the middle. :D

So Cacpom Unity has an interview with the games's writer

But I found this part to be the most intresting

Frank Tieri & Cacpcom Unity Interviewer said:
Which of the characters from MVC3 do you enjoy writing about the most? Why?

".....As for Capcom, I’ve always been partial to the Resident Evil and Street Fighter franchises so it’s probably those characters, especially the villains. They’re just such evil sons of bitches I had a ball writing for them"

Do I smell Wesker and M. Bison?...:D

Dai101

Banned
1280089647374.jpg

So, much GAFer's fears off by this?

Dai101 said:
1280089647374.jpg

That's a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 arcade stick. Naturally it would feature artwork depicting popular Marvel vs. Capcom 2 characters.
Spidey is probably in MvC3 considering we've seen the in-game model, but Strider hasn't been confirmed.

Dai101 said:
1280089647374.jpg

I have the 360 version of this,
I preffer this over the Sf4 stick because the MvC has proper button mapping...

L1/LB as Hard Punnch and R1/RB as Hard Kick

a la Sega Saturn

• Ryota Niitsuma confirmed that these characters will NOT be in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Phoenix Wright, Emma Frost, Daredevil, Gene from God Hand, Ghost Rider and Punisher.

Say hello to the dlc characters!

ultim8p00

Banned
robut said:

I would have loved Punisher or Gene :(

at least Ken isn't on the list

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
robut said:

Maybe Ghost Rider, since they said he was close to making the cut.

The comment about writing for SF and RE villians makes me think yeah, Wesker will be in this but wouldn't he play a lot like Chris? I mean, Magnum and dash punch...maybe he'll summon monsters like Jill did? Also I wonder if instead of Bison we'd get Seth?

Beth Cyra

robut said:
The comment about writing for SF and RE villians makes me think yeah, Wesker will be in this but wouldn't he play a lot like Chris? I mean, Magnum and dash punch...maybe he'll summon monsters like Jill did? Also I wonder if instead of Bison we'd get Seth?

Um, did you not play Re5? He can be nothing at all like Chris and still have a ton of options between his speed and other infection ablilites.

Kusagari

robut said:

Uhh... Wesker would be nothing like Chris. He's basically Neo from The Matrix now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TruePrime said:
Um, did you not play Re5? He can be nothing at all like Chris and still have a ton of options between his speed and other infection ablilites.

Too be honest, gun characters have more potential than people seem to think. Kinda of lame that Punisher wont get in because of that.

Beth Cyra

HK-47 said:
Too be honest, gun characters have more potential than people seem to think. Kinda of lame that Punisher wont get in because of that.

Okay well I won't agrue that. But my point stands, Wesker as of Re5 has zero reason to be anything close to a Chris clone.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TruePrime said:
Okay well I won't agrue that. But my point stands, Wesker as of Re5 has zero reason to be anything close to a Chris clone.

I know, I was just saying.

GatorBait

ReXXXSoprano said:
Interesting. We'll see if she actually busts out Luce & Ombra then. But with the emphasis for her lightning for her projectile who knows. She probably has a super where she uses those and the Ifrit Gauntlets. Hopefully some gameplay of her will surface this week.
There is a video floating around that has Seth Killian giving an overview of some of the newly revealed characters. One of them is Trish and it shows that her throw animation is her jumping on top of you and shooting you in the face with one of her guns.

Actually, I just tracked down the vid (it also contains an S-kill walkthrough of Super Skrull). Here is is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOU7rgMw0Eo

Despite how Trish was an odd selection for a lot of people, it seems like she is shaping up to be a pretty unique and deadly character.

BumRush

I'm amazed at how good this game looks in motion. The models, backgrounds, effects...everything. I'm not even a HUGE fighter fan but this is a must buy for me.

webrunner

TruePrime said:

Come on, he's Wesker. He can Wesk! Can Chris Wesk?

HK-47 said:
I'd prefer some Phyla-Vell but they fucking killed her off last I checked...

I'm not sure her status right now, but IIRC,
she was killed off and came back twice in the last six months (first was when she became Martyr, the second by Magus, but that turned out to be an illusion)

I haven't had a chance to catch up in the last few issues, so if they killed her again...

butsomuch

Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe for the Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Hot out of Cologne or Koln to use the German spelling comes the news that Dormammu and Viewtiful Joe are the new additions to the Marvel Vs Capcom 3 roster.

For those of you less aware of the Marvel universe Dormammu was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Debuting in the Silver Age of comic books, Dormammu has appeared in over four decades of Marvel publications, featuring prominently in the Doctor Strange titles and limited series as the recurring nemesis of the mystic hero. More info can be found here http://marvel.com/universe/Dormammu. Basically he’s bad ass.

Viewtiful Joe on the other hand should need no introductions on a Capcom blog having first stared in his own eponymously titled game way back in 2003 and made several appearances in Vs games since.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dormammu appeared in the trailers a while ago, btu VJ is always good news!

(btw, is your avatar from Life? great show!)

Top Bottom