• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

DR2K said:
They've got plenty of strong females. Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, Emma, Psylocke, Ms.Marvel, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, etc. . . .
Niitsuma said no Emma on the livestream

and there is no evidence, silhouette or otherwise, of any female marvel characters in mvc3

Monocle

Amaterasu is such an awesome addition. I hope she plays well.

bomb_jack said:
Trish is a waste of a character slot, I mean who fucking cares?
I fucking care. Granted, I would have preferred Vergil, but I like Trish's character.

DR2K said:
They've got plenty of strong females. Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, Emma, Psylocke, Ms.Marvel, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, etc. . . .

Assuming that one leaked roster that had Amaterasu on it is correct,
She-Hulk, Elektra, X-23, and Emma Frost are gonna be representing GIRL COMICS

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
OnimaruXLR said:
Assuming that one leaked roster that had Amaterasu on it is correct,
She-Hulk, Elektra, X-23, and Emma Frost are gonna be representing GIRL COMICS

problem is that emma frost got deconfirmed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't check GAF for 3 days and fucking Okami dude and Thor get confirmed? Holy fuck. Fighting game of the forever much?!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
I don't check GAF for 3 days and fucking Okami dude and Thor get confirmed? Holy fuck. Fighting game of the forever much?!

you just stopped by right time since they just got leaked like a hour ago or so.

MrMephistoX

enzo_gt said:

Pretty awesome everyone else is gravy but hopefully Megaman will be classic or X.

Personally I hope we get at least one more Spidey Villian other than Venom...Doc Oc Dhalsim?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
you just stopped by right time since they just got leaked like a hour ago or so.
It's win all around then. Just saw 4 new character news too, and I'm not excited about anyone but doom and super skrull. Though Amaterasu looks interesting and Thor's design is pretty badass even for Thor. So I'm hyped. Again.

Beth Cyra

Eh, kinda disappointed in Ammy since I don't like Okami but for those that love her good for them.

Lovin we finally got Thor, though I wish it had been a different version.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
Eh, kinda disappointed in Ammy since I don't like Okami but for those that love her good for them.

Lovin we finally got Thor, though I wish it had been a different version.

What version do you want?

Kusagari

So, wait I read that it was confirmed that there's no Emma, Gene, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, and Phoenix Wright on that livestream? :(

brb

Fuck yeah Amaterasu! Interest in this game just sky-rocketed as Okami is one of my favorite games. Figured if TvC got an Okami character (although not playable) MvC3 might as well get one too. :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll never understand Vergil fanboys. Only good thing about that character is Daniel Southworth's voice.

Definitely interested in how Amaterasu will play.

Chamber said:
I'll never understand Vergil fanboys. Only good thing about that character is Daniel Southworth's voice.

Definitely interested in how Amaterasu will play.
Vergil was one of the best unlockable characters in an action game. He had an awesome unique playstyle.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
What version do you want?

If I had a choice? Probably the Ultimate version. Get rid of the dumb helmet and wings, while giving him some good facial hair and a crazy look? I loved it, really makes me think the God of Thunder will tear the place up.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
If I had a choice? Probably the Ultimate version. Get rid of the dumb helmet and wings, while giving him some good facial hair and a crazy look? I loved it, really makes me think the God of Thunder will tear the place up.

>_> I happened to like his wing helmet because that helmet made what he is.

I just googled up the picture of ultimate thor. It made me felt that he is the thor that went bad.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
>_> I happened to like his wing helmet because that helmet made what he is.

I just googled up the picture of ultimate thor. It made me felt that he is the thor that went bad.

I don't really get that from him but to each there own. Overall I am happy that is in and I simply would prefer Ultimate Thor. Push comes to shove him being in is the most important thing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
I don't really get that from him but to each there own. Overall I am happy that is in and I simply would prefer Ultimate Thor. Push comes to shove him being in is the most important thing.

Heh, true. I am glad that Thor made in. I was disappointed with Thor being assist in MvC, and no Thor in MvC2 as well.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
Heh, true. I am glad that Thor made in. I was disappointed with Thor being assist in MvC, and no Thor in MvC2 as well.

Good point, always felt weird he wasn't in. Well I already have all my favorite Marvel characters save for 1 and the likely hood he will get in is almost zero given the limited roster list.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
Good point, always felt weird he wasn't in. Well I already have all my favorite Marvel characters save for 1 and the likely hood he will get in is almost zero given the limited roster list.

With Deadpool and Thor, I can proudly say that I am done with hoping my favorite characters for Marvel side for myself but now I will pledge myself with people who want moonknight. I haven't read any comic related to him but I really like his style. :D

The four silhouette characters were pretty much non news. Trish still seems like an odd choice to me, but I'll give her a chance like everyone else.

Thor and Amaterasu are interesting choices. I'm personally more excited by Thor's inclusion.

Now after they reveal Viewtiful Joe & Spider Man, it will actually be a surprise. Capcom's side is looking very mainstream right now, I hope they have some more lesser known and underrated characters to announce.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
With Deadpool and Thor, I can proudly say that I am done with hoping for MvC3 for myself but now I will pledge myself with people who want moonknight. I haven't read any comic related to him but I really like his style. :D

You lucky man/woman. I am sitting her with the two I want most almost having no chance to be in, X and War Machine.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
You lucky man/woman. I am sitting her with the two I want most almost having no chance to be in, X and War Machine.

X as megaman X?

Naw, I am not lucky since they basically de-confirmed Phoenix Wright. Also I was hoping to see ghost rider and daredevil to be in as well. They got de-confirmed as well. I do support them but they are not my favorite heroes and the fact that they are classic heroes.

(I reread my post and I edited to make myself cleared up)

Gunloc said:
The four silhouette characters were pretty much non news. Trish still seems like an odd choice to me, but I'll give her a chance like everyone else.

Thor and Amaterasu are interesting choices. I'm personally more excited by Thor's inclusion.

Now after they reveal Viewtiful Joe & Spider Man, it will actually be a surprise. Capcom's side is looking very mainstream right now, I hope they have some more lesser known and underrated characters to announce.

I don't mind to see Cap. Commendo, Strider, Jin and Hayoto.

While we're talking about Thor, I wonder who will be voicing him? Considering Hulk, Wolverine and Deadpool seem to be using their Hulk VS voices,would seem natural to use the THor VA from that feature. Though part of me would crack up if they actually used his Super Hero Squad VA for lulz just because of his awesome cowbell reference. :lol

BTW does anyone have that old MvC3 fake shot with Zero, Dante, and Thor. I just realized how fun it would be if Zero was in the game (which he most likely will be) just to recreate that screenshot when MvC3 comes out.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
X as megaman X?

Damn straight. I have seen Rock, we got both forms of Zero and I have even seen Vulnutt and I still haven't gotten the most compatible form of Rockman for a fighter yet.

Between all the different armors and his boost/wall climb ablities I need to see X in action in a Vs. game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TruePrime said:
Damn straight. I have seen Rock, we got both forms of Zero and I have even seen Vulnutt and I still haven't gotten the most compatible form of Rockman for a fighter yet.

Between all the different armors and his boost/wall climb ablities I need to see X in action in a Vs. game.

I like Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X. I'm fine with either one, at long volnutt don't get in. I just don't like to play as him in TvC.

Beth Cyra

IntelliHeath said:
I like Classic Mega Man and Mega Man X. I'm fine with either one, at long volnutt don't get in. I just don't like to play as him in TvC.

At this point I would much rather Volnutt simply because he has only been in one VS game where as Classic has been in 2.

But out of all the Mega characters Roll or Zero should be dropped. Roll has been in all three MvC 1, 2 and TvC while Zero has been in CVS Chaos and now TvC.

Just once let X and Proto shine (even though I do prefer Zero to Proto Man.)

Aske

Lot of Trish hate in this thread. Sure, I'd have preferred Nero or Vergil (or, better Nelo Angelo) but I'm very happy with Trish in theory. We haven't seen much gameplay footage of her, but she's a great character with a lot of potential. She has Sparda, demon powers, and all the Bayonetta-style moves she busts out in DMC4 while disguised as Gloria. I wouldn't have complained if we'd been given Lady, but I suspect she'd play like a more agile Chris with a Scorpionesque grappling hook. At best she might have had a moveset somewhere between Rolento and Ibuki. She'd certainly have been fun, but Trish has more potential to be really unique, and that would be my priority. As long as they don't hyper focus on her electricity, her combat should be extremely interesting.

Of the other new reveals, Super Skrull looks the most impressive. I've never heard of the character, but I'm totally sold by the gameplay. Dr Doom looks like Dr Doom. Thor should rock, though his face looks a little off. Good to have him confirmed - can't wait to see how he plays. Amaterasu is okay. Love Okami, but I'm not wowed by the idea of playing Ammy in a fighting game. We'll see. But Chun-li looks great, both in terms of her combat and her character model. I'm a big fan of the changes made to the Street Fighter characters in this game.

The only confirmed omission I'm really bummed about is Gene, but otherwise I have no real complaints about this game. I've been sold since the first trailer, and every new tidbit just serves to impress me more.

Valcryst

Neo Member
Ammy?! :O

Ok, now my team is complete; Super Skrull, Dante and her.

I hope for at least 50% new characters in the final rooster, and so far the game is moving towards the right direction!

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
marathonfool said:
Chun Li looks 10X better in this game than SF4.

Every character looks better in this game than in SF4. I fear the looks of Namco Characters in the CxN game, because it's rumored to be using the SF4 engine and most likely the same artwork. :lol

El Sloth

Banned
Holy crap it's Amaterasu.

I expect her height will lead to some issues though. (I'm thinking Yoda in SCIV)

Edit: I am an idiot who forgot the spanking he once got from a Servbot.

Top Bottom