• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

Flek

Banned
oh fuck off … capcom anounced they are not going to be @ gamescom … wtf i wanted to play mvc 3 so bad :(

Wallach

ThatCrazyGuy said:
They should had put Hsien-Ko in there instead of Felecia. She could throw crap all over the screen, and big gong super!!

I think Hsien-Ko, B.B. Hood or Lord Raptor would have all been better choices for a game like MvC.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ThatCrazyGuy said:
They should had put Hsien-Ko in there instead of Felecia. She could throw crap all over the screen, and big gong super!!

Clearly this man gets it. Felicia is there for fanservice and thats it.

Beth Cyra

corrosivefrost said:
Pretty much.

So am I crazy, or did they just basically make up a bunch of moves/weapons for Trish that "might" fight with the DMC world? If Trish ever fought somewhere in the series, I don't think she made a very good impression on me.

So is this a case of someone bitching about something and not having a clue what they are bitching about?

Trish was playable in DMC 2, not only that but she does have lightning powers as seen in DMC, DMC 2, and DMC anime. Not to mention she appeared with Dante in Viewtiful Joe along with Dante.

So while they may make up some moves she has good reason to be here given she has made so many apperances along with Dante, she did weild the Sparda sword and has a move set that can be completely unique to that of Dante.

GatorBait

derFeef said:
Can anyone tell me how to entry this series? I love SFIV but I suck at it and mostly play with friends just for fun.

This looks like a blast to play. Is it tag-team only?
Get MvC2 on PSN or Xbox Live. If you have a PS3, I'd be happy to play you. I'm not very good at it.
ReXXXSoprano said:
The only thing I haven't see her do is use Luce & Ombra and the Ifrit Gloves. I don't see her using Luce and Ombra but the Ifrit Gloves are a possibility though.
She is holding a gun in her official artwork: http://images.gamersyde.com/image_marvel_vs_capcom_3_fate_of_two_worlds-13312-2021_0004.jpg

HK-47 said:
Clearly this man gets it. Felicia is there for fanservice and thats it.

As much as I enjoy Felicia's "fanservice," that's only half of it. Felicia is a marketable character for a crossover this big. Lei-Lei as cool as she is doesn't have that same marketability. I'd actually prefer that Jon Talbain actually be paid attention to for a damn change but a perfect world it aint.

GatorBait said:

Interesting. We'll see if she actually busts out Luce & Ombra then. But with the emphasis for her lightning for her projectile who knows. She probably has a super where she uses those and the Ifrit Gauntlets. Hopefully some gameplay of her will surface this week.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I don't know Trish other than by name, but she really looks, I dunno, ordinary in this game, like she doesn't belong...

Super Skull, when I saw from the silhouette that he would be in, I thought that he wasn't really that popular so he shouldn't fit in, but man, they did a great job with his moves - his damage is insane though, but of course it won't be like that in the final version...

Dr. Doom is even better than before, especially his fireball super since it doesn't just go up and disappear, and he actually looks good in this engine...

Chun-Li is another one I'm surprised with, with how good she looks and moves in this game, and her combo potential looks nuts...

Resident Evil stage looks so good, and has so much detail with the Lickers and so on, nice...

Beth Cyra

Skilotonn said:
I don't know Trish other than by name, but she really looks, I dunno, ordinary in this game, like she doesn't belong...
Super Skull, when I saw from the silhouette that he would be in, I thought that he wasn't really that popular so he shouldn't fit in, but man, they did a great job with his moves - his damage is insane though, but of course it won't be like that in the final version...

Dr. Doom is even better than before, especially his fireball super since it doesn't just go up and disappear, and he actually looks good in this engine...

Chun-Li is another one I'm surprised with, with how good she looks and moves in this game, and her combo potential looks nuts...

Resident Evil stage looks so good, and has so much detail with the Lickers and so on, nice...

WTH? I can understand when people say they prefer Lady (they be crazy, but I can understand) Nero or Virgil but, how can anyone say this?

Seriously you have Chris who is a normal human and only uses guns and then you turn and point your finger at a Demon who is tossing lightning around and chucks a sword that she turned into a scythe Sonic Boom style, and call her the ordinary one?

vg260

Skilotonn said:

Yeah, she looks a little plain by comparison

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but from what I understand he has the powers of the Fantastic 4, which is a good way to give a nod to them with only one roster slot. He looks cool. I like that so far they're covering a wider spectrum of Marvel characters this time and hopefully won't be too X-men heavy.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Everybody but me skipped DMC2 so that's why everybody is like OMGWTFBBQ!!! when it comes to Trish and what they're seeing. The only thing I haven't see her do is use Luce & Ombra and the Ifrit Gloves. I don't see her using Luce and Ombra but the Ifrit Gloves are a possibility though.

I will confirm in DMC2 she does use her lightning attacks and the Sparda Sword.

While I hate to admit it, I don't remember Trish in DMC2. All I remember is those really bad city street sections that I got lost in, some of the gothic like interior of the high floors of the office building or whatever and the opening section near the cliffs.

ReXXXSoprano said:
As much as I enjoy Felicia's "fanservice," that's only half of it. Felicia is a marketable character for a crossover this big. Lei-Lei as cool as she is doesn't have that same marketability. I'd actually prefer that Jon Talbain actually be paid attention to for a damn change but a perfect world it aint.

In complete agreement about Talbain. Would also like to se Demitri. Or Donovan.

Rlan

Tkawsome said:
:lol
Holy crap, that's Mentock!

10r8kzb.jpg

hbirdman2.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
TruePrime said:
WTH? I can understand when people say they prefer Lady (they be crazy, but I can understand) Nero or Virgil but, how can anyone say this?

Seriously you have Chris who is a normal human and only uses guns and then you turn and point your finger at a Demon who is tossing lightning around and chucks a sword that she turned into a scythe Sonic Boom style, and call her the ordinary one?

Maybe its a popularity thing, but there was nothing stand-out about her, she looks ready standard to me - I played the hell out of RE5 (my first and only RE that I bought and played through) and every move/weapon he uses comes from the game, plus he has his original voice actor so I can at least relate to that...

I don't know Trish, never seen her in action so I don't relate to her as well as I do with everyone else in the game, and her attacks come off as plain to me since I'm not familiar with her like that...

2&2 said:
I'm not at all familiar with the character, but from what I understand he has the powers of the Fantastic 4, which is a good way to give a nod to them with only one roster slot. He looks cool. I like that so far they're covering a wider spectrum of Marvel characters this time and hopefully won't be too X-men heavy.

Yup, I know that he has the powers of all four members of the Fantastic Four, and it's done well, even if you don't know Super Skrull, you can see it in his attacks so it's something that makes him stand out - very well done by Capcom.

GatorBait

Skilotonn said:
I don't know Trish, never seen her in action so I don't relate to her as well as I do with everyone else in the game, and her attacks come off as plain to me since I'm not familiar with her like that...
I never played DMC2, and have no idea how Trish played in that game. In fact, like yourself I had never even heard of her until people were saying she would probably be in MvC3. But even though her character design is sort of plain, I think she has promise as a unique character after seeing her moveset thus far. Lightning powers, flying, potential to use her guns and ifrit gloves, and they can probably do some cool things with the Sparda sword (according to the DMC wiki: "When awakened, it has the uncanny ability to shift forms, from sword to spear to scythe.").

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TruePrime said:

Chris is awesome. His swiss army knife roll through of every RE weapon is sick. Way better than the weird summon zombies thing Jill used. Hell using that many realistic weapons is very extraordinary for a fighting game character.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Askia47 said:
Link to an explanation?

They would have to pay the actor whose face Samonosuke uses if he was included AFAIK. Easier to just use Soki like in TvC. Not that I think an Onimusha character is gonna be in this game unless they have plans for reviving the series.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Everybody but me skipped DMC2 so that's why everybody is like OMGWTFBBQ!!! when it comes to Trish and what they're seeing. The only thing I haven't see her do is use Luce & Ombra and the Ifrit Gloves. I don't see her using Luce and Ombra but the Ifrit Gloves are a possibility though.

I will confirm in DMC2 she does use her lightning attacks and the Sparda Sword.

You ain't the only one--she was game breaking.

All of the DMC attacks look straight out of the series. I would've liked Lady, but Chris is already there. I'm willing to bet Black Widow is in there somewhere for Marvel, and I would still like to see Dark Phoenix, Cassandra Nova or Galactus as a boss.

corrosivefrost said:
So am I crazy, or did they just basically make up a bunch of moves/weapons for Trish that "might" fight with the DMC world? If Trish ever fought somewhere in the series, I don't think she made a very good impression on me.

She had a gun and electricity powers in DMC1, and in the ending you see her carrying Sparda.

That's basically it.

GatorBait said:
I never played DMC2, and have no idea how Trish played in that game. In fact, like yourself I had never even heard of her until people were saying she would probably be in MvC3. But even though her character design is sort of plain, I think she has promise as a unique character after seeing her moveset thus far. Lightning powers, flying, potential to use her guns and ifrit gloves, and they can probably do some cool things with the Sparda sword (according to the DMC wiki: "When awakened, it has the uncanny ability to shift forms, from sword to spear to scythe.").

Considering she's just a bonus unlockable character like Tofu or Hunk in RE2, and her only unlockable/playable appearance is in a game so hated that much of the DMC community refuses to acknowledge its existence... you're probably not alone.

Hell, I know I played through the story entirely, probably as both Lucia and Dante, though the game was pretty terrible, so after 2 playthroughs, I don't think I cared enough to go back and play again on hard to unlock Trish... for the sole purpose of... PLAYING A TERRIBLE GAME AGAIN.

This would also explain why I was like "what the hell? she has a sword?". :)

LiK

man, so many people are questioning about the Super Skrull. he's pretty badass. one of the stronger classic F4 villains in the comics. playing him is gonna be like playing as the F4 team in one character. it's a good choice.

*in pwnage mode*

Super-Skrull.jpg

Nabs

It would be nice if they could sneak in a Jojo character, even though it's not an exclusive Capcom character. I'd love to play as Iggy in MvC.

Souther

Banned
After playing RE5 I would love to see Wesker in this game.

Its great that Super Skrull is in the game but I would have loved to see 3rd form Thing so I could beat the **** out of the Hulk with him.

Hopefully Venom makes it in as well...Hmmm trying to think of some cool characters I would like too see that don't really get into the spotlight very often...

Tigershark, Blackbolt, Hawkeye, Shocker, Speedemon

Dai101

Banned
Souther said:
Hopefully Venom makes it in as well...
SOLD!! But, wich itteration of him?

Venom (Eddie Brock)
Venom (Mac Gargan)

Or

Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock again ...)

Yeah i know, MARVEL is a now clusterfuck from what i used to know in the 90's

LiK

Dai101 said:
SOLD!! But, wich itteration of him?

Venom (Eddie Brock)
Venom (Mac Gargan)

Or

Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock again ...)

Yeah i know, MARVEL is a now clusterfuck from what i used to know in the 90's

better be Eddie Venom, fuck Gargan.

I cannot wait to see who the next new characters of Marvel. I want to see brand new characters, because if I go back to who I use to play with I will never feel a change.

But can we all agree... Dr. Doom is back :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
GatorBait said:

Well, they've done a hell of job with everyone else, so we'll just wait and see how Capcom puts her in this then...

TheOGB

Banned
Dai101 said:
Don't know if already posted, but i just watched it a few minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sBSrtumoDQ
1:46-1:49 is the single greatest part of that trailer, based solely on how wonderfully edited Deadpool's Ultra was to fit with the music.

It's made better by the fact that Deadpool's Level 3 Ultra is just so damned funny.

Yes, that's the exact same comment I just made on Youtube. :p

Is Super Skrull being voiced by Mike Pollock? I swear it sounds like him (lots of Dr. Eggman in there, I know he's done more than that of course).

Sblargh said:
Dr. Octopus would be great for the spiderman villain spot.

You know Venom's going to be there. It's not guaranteed of course, but I'd be really surprised if he wasn't.

That would be great, though. Rad Spencer versus Doc. Octavious.

Dizzle24

bomb_jack said:
Trish is a waste of a character slot, I mean who fucking cares?
I fucking care. DMC is my favorite action series, so these are characters I would like to play as in MvC3.
Good day to you.

Dizzle24 said:
I fucking care. DMC is my favorite action series, so these are characters I would like to play as in MvC3.
Good day to you.

And where in your list of DMC characters for MvC3 was Trish, honestly?

ultim8p00 said:
Came in excited. Leaving 'cause there is no Ken. Someday the peasants will know the true power of the Shoryuken.

Good riddance. The less Ken fanatics whining about his overratedness, the better. I use to like him, but thanks to guys like you I despise the character now. Good job!

Stream is going on right now. Of all things, SFIV-styled voice select will be available, but for Capcom characters only.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2010/07/marvel-capcom-3-includes-japanese-english-voiceovers/

OMG Nitsuma just confirmed no Phoenix Wright. :( Though there was some insinuating going on the possibility of Edgeworth.

GatorBait

Souther said:
Hopefully Venom makes it in as well...
If they put Venom in, I really want them to expand what special moves he has. I have a feeling the symbiote costume effects would be awesome with these graphics.

Skilotonn said:
Well, they've done a hell of job with everyone else, so we'll just wait and see how Capcom puts her in this then...
In MvC2, you could generally say: Marvel characters > Capcom characters.

I'm wondering if in MvC3 it is going to be: new characters > returning characters. They seem to be going all out with the new characters so far. Deadpool, Dante, Chris, and Super Skrull all seem like they are going to have so many options and tactics at their disposal.

Top Bottom