• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

Dali

_dementia said:
The effects in this game overall look pretty bad, (ice, hitsparks, etc) but the fire really impressed me.
Yeah, it's the one aspect of the game that really stood out as being a well-done representation of comic books.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DR2K said:
Hopefully Marvel's side isn't a sausage fest.
Its gonna be. Especially with IW not being there and the tone down in X-Men. Marvel's headliners are very one sided gender wise.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
IntelliHeath said:
Edited: They seem to recycle characters from TvC but they said they made them from the scratch which is weird. Everytime I see some moves from TvC made me fear that MegaMan Volnutt will be in MvC3.. Volnutt = DO NOT WANT!
I'd like to see them just switch around the iterations. They got the right characters but the wrong versions.
Legends Megaman -> Megaman X
OG Roll -> Legends Roll
MMX Zero -> Protoman

Of course, I'd rather have Tron than either Roll, but Capcom seems to have a thing about putting Roll in every Vs. game...

lupinko

_dementia said:
The effects in this game overall look pretty bad, (ice, hitsparks, etc) but the fire really impressed me.

The game looks way better in person, not even videos can do it justice.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
2&2 said:
I'm ok w/ Venom, but a classic Spidey villain would be so much sweeter.

That's Deadpool. It's hard to see in the picture posted, but he's reaching for on of the swords on his back.

stilt-man.jpg

Shig said:
I'd like to see them just switch around the iterations. They got the right characters but the wrong versions.
OG Roll -> Legends Roll
MMX Zero -> Protoman

Of course, I'd rather have Tron than either Roll, but Capcom seems to have a thing about putting Roll in every Vs. game...

Why the hell do people keep insisting Roll Caskett would be a viable character? I mean I love the character design, but for a fighting game? At BEST she'd probably be a joke clone of Volnutt who most don't like already (like MvC Roll). So Volnutt + Joke Clone = Double the hate. I'd say if there were ANY other version of Roll, it'd be EXE. She at least has attacks and EXE Chips she can bring to the table.

But with character themes back, I think that increases Roll's chance as an excuse to hear Where the Wind Blows in battle again.

KaYotiX

Banned
I knew Chun-li would be in it,m im just glad its 100% confirmed now :D and LMFAO at Deadpool actually hitting ppl with his lifebar. :lol :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shig said:
OG Roll -> Legends Roll
MMX Zero -> Protoman

Either Zero > Protoman

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Choppasmith said:
Why the hell do people keep insisting Roll Caskett would be a viable character? I mean I love the character design, but for a fighting game? At BEST she'd probably be a joke clone of Volnutt who most don't like already (like MvC Roll). So Volnutt + Joke Clone = Double the hate. I'd say if there were ANY other version of Roll, it'd be EXE. She at least has attacks and EXE Chips she can bring to the table.

But with character themes back, I think that increases Roll's chance as an excuse to hear Where the Wind Blows in battle again.

derpderp TvC derp

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Choppasmith said:
Why the hell do people keep insisting Roll Caskett would be a viable character? I mean I love the character design, but for a fighting game? At BEST she'd probably be a joke clone of Volnutt who most don't like already (like MvC Roll). So Volnutt + Joke Clone = Double the hate.
She has about the same previous qualifications for a moveset as OG Roll, Jin, Claire, or Saki did going into their Vs. appearances, to name but a few.
I'd say if there were ANY other version of Roll, it'd be EXE. She at least has attacks and EXE Chips she can bring to the table.
Eh, EXE Roll is like the worst design from a series full of pretty fantastic redesigns. EXE Bass would be really cool, though.

HK-47 said:
She is a viable character in TvC.

Ah I see the confusion. I'm not talking about Classic Roll in TvC. I LOVE playing as her in TvC. Other people though HATE her and want to see this version instead.

Again, she's not a cleaning robot. She's just a mechanic NPC. If they DID go with her, I can't see her as anything other than a Volnutt clone like MvC Roll. And that's just a character with double the reasons to hate. I love legends and Roll Caskett, I'm just baffled why people want her MORE than Classic Roll, when TvC proves that Roll can be a great character.

GatorBait

Well, I think we can basically already name 2/3rds of the final roster, which is a little disappointing. I'm hoping they are really able to squeeze in more characters before development is finished and exceed their initial projections.

I also am really hoping MegaMan Volnutt isn't in this, but I don't have much faith considering the Legends themed stage and that Volnutt was in TvC.

Shig said:
She has about the same previous qualifications for a moveset as OG Roll, Jin, Claire, or Saki did going into their Vs. appearances, to name but a few.

When you put it like that, I guess if they REALLY wanted to be creative they could do it. Though Jin, Claire, and Saki at least have Weapons and combat experience. TvC Roll is based on her being a playable appearance in Powered Up. So I don't think RC has quite the same qualifications as the characters you listed. I don't think she's even that popular both as a version of Roll AND as a Legends Character (I'd say Volnutt and Tron have better chances)

Acid08

Banned
_dementia said:
She's playable in DMC2

Hey guys when are they gonna show Ken? Why isn't Ken in this game?
KEN SHOULD BE IN THIS GAME GODDAMMIT.

I know you're being sarcastic, but really, I want Ken dammit :[

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Choppasmith said:
Ah I see the confusion. I'm not talking about Classic Roll in TvC. I LOVE playing as her in TvC. Other people though HATE her and want to see this version instead.

Again, she's not a cleaning robot. She's just a mechanic NPC. If they DID go with her, I can't see her as anything other than a Volnutt clone like MvC Roll. And that's just a character with double the reasons to hate. I love legends and Roll Caskett, I'm just baffled why people want her MORE than Classic Roll, when TvC proves that Roll can be a great character.
I don't hate OG Roll, it's just a) I'm presupposing that they want every MM series character to represent a different subseries, so if classic Megaman/Protoman appears then classic Roll would need to be switched out for a different version, and B) I'd simply like to see a bit more variation on the characters we've already seen in umpteen other vs. games.

Big yawn at Morrigan and Felicia being the Darkstalkers reps again, for instance. Get fuckin' Lord Raptor or Donovan in there for variety's sake already, jesus. How many diehard Felicia fans would Capcom really risk upsetting?

LiK

it's still funny to me that Spider-Man and Mega Man haven't been unveiled. the two mascots for both companies will probably come out last. damn marketers.

Summary:

Vergil > Lady > Trish. I'm not being ungrateful but that pick doesn't ring with me at all. On the other hand Trish could be just as nasty as she was in DMC2 which makes her God Tier on GP. I can see the reasoning on why Vergil got left behind because he and Dante would've been too similar and we'd be having the same damn argument about wasted character space. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lady in 3 to round out a Team DMC. But the same reason she may have been passed up is because she may have been similar to Chris with all those damn weapons and I guess the name of the game her is character diversity. Nero will be in TvC2 so the franchise can be shown love there too.

If Viewtiful Joe isn't voiced by Dee Bradley Baker then that is gonna be an issue. As far as second pick from the franchise it could go 3 ways. Sexy Silvia, Alastor or Jet Black. I don't know how much they could flush Sylvia out for a fighter. She'd probably be just like Joe except her L3 would be some Sexy use of Replay. You can't go wrong with either Alastor or Jet Black but I'd bet on Alastor though. A left field pick would be Rachel but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Roll Casket doesn't belong anywhere near a fighting game ever. That is why that universe is blessed to have Miss Tron Bonne. If you're gonna switch Roll's then Roll.EXE would be the smart pick. And I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Megaman characters this time around is from the Battle Network series.

A point was brought up that Capcom seems to be doing 2 characters per series while Marvel just picks who they want. Marvel needs to add some members of the female persuasion quick. And I'm still wondering if Capcom is going to make some way out there picks for this game like they did with TvC? We'll see how it unveils itself in due time.

Wallach

Morrigan seems alright for this kind of game, but Felicia is such a boring ass character. Why not get someone flashier that fits with this kind of game a little more? I don't get it.

Ugh, still no Phoenix Wright?

I'm going to be pissed off if he doesn't make it. If there's room for Trish, a second character from the DMC games, then there's enough room for Phoenix Wright, the main character of a series that has become really popular in recent years.

Wallach said:
Morrigan seems alright for this kind of game, but Felicia is such a boring ass character. Why not get someone flashier that fits with this kind of game a little more? I don't get it.

They should had put Hsien-Ko in there instead of Felecia. She could throw crap all over the screen, and big gong super!!

_dementia said:
Wait, what? Is this just baseless speculation or are they actually making a Tasunoko sequel?

Oh they are. The game did good enough numbers to warrant it and Capcom seems content by having a fighter they can produce for the Wii. Also they need TvC to be "Baby MAHVEL" as it were because TvC does something for Capcom that MvC can't do. A crossover they can market in Japan. It also helps them by having a pool of characters at the ready that they don't have to do too much work on for the MvC3's and the like. We'll hear about the sequel a little after MvC3 drops next year so they can keep the momentum of crossovers going unless that Namco vs Capcom rumor actually has legs and then we'll hear about in late 2011.

Gagaman

Wallach said:
I'd like to see B.B Hood back in, just because she was one of my faves to play in MVC2. :D

Beth Cyra

Can't agree with everyone poopooing Trish. I love the choice.

Other then that though, not much to see. We have known about all these characters for along time becaues of the images, granted they did say that know one had gotten the entire list correct but still at least these four seemed like a lock.

bomb_jack said:
Trish is a waste of a character slot, I mean who fucking cares?

Pretty much.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Vergil > Lady > Trish. I'm not being ungrateful but that pick doesn't ring with me at all. On the other hand Trish could be just as nasty as she was in DMC2 which makes her God Tier on GP. I can see the reasoning on why Vergil got left behind because he and Dante would've been too similar and we'd be having the same damn argument about wasted character space. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lady in 3 to round out a Team DMC. But the same reason she may have been passed up is because she may have been similar to Chris with all those damn weapons and I guess the name of the game her is character diversity. Nero will be in TvC2 so the franchise can be shown love there too.

So am I crazy, or did they just basically make up a bunch of moves/weapons for Trish that "might" fight with the DMC world? If Trish ever fought somewhere in the series, I don't think she made a very good impression on me.

corrosivefrost said:
So am I crazy, or did they just basically make up a bunch of moves/weapons for Trish that "might" fight with the DMC world? If Trish ever fought somewhere in the series, I don't think she made a very good impression on me.

Everybody but me skipped DMC2 so that's why everybody is like OMGWTFBBQ!!! when it comes to Trish and what they're seeing. The only thing I haven't see her do is use Luce & Ombra and the Ifrit Gloves. I don't see her using Luce and Ombra but the Ifrit Gloves are a possibility though.

I will confirm in DMC2 she does use her lightning attacks and the Sparda Sword.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Green Scar said:
So they've got 2 Fantastic Four villians and still no members of the Fantastic Four? Oh MvC3, you fucking crazy beast of a game.

At Marvel's behest.

Green Scar said:
So they've got 2 Fantastic Four villians and still no members of the Fantastic Four? Oh MvC3, you fucking crazy beast of a game.

That's where Super-Skrull comes in. No sense in wasting slots over the members of the Fantastic Four.

BloodySinner said:
That's where Super-Skrull comes in. No sense in wasting slots over the members of the Fantastic Four.

That's true. If anything, I'd have thought Marvel would have preferred Reed and Co show up for character recognition.

HK-47 said:
At Marvel's behest.

Oh, never mind then. Marvel obviously gets what the game is about.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BloodySinner said:

Even if Skrull and all four members were in I wouldnt consider them wasted :D

Top Bottom