• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

vg260

HK-47 said:
Skrull is repping all the FF. And do you know the Green Gobin didnt make it, despite the fact that it will probably be Venom yet again as the Spidey villian?

I'm ok w/ Venom, but a classic Spidey villain would be so much sweeter.

Alastor said:
Spiderman is on the bottom left.

That's Deadpool. It's hard to see in the picture posted, but he's reaching for on of the swords on his back.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Has the obnoxious guy who kept attacking that one guy for guessing Trish popped up in this thread yet?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
HK-47 said:
Yeah maybe in the mid 90s. Nowadays its all about silver age nostalgia mixed with continuous crossover events that all fuck up everything.

Ha, good point. Still, every comic I see mentioned on GAF, from the very recent to the less recent, seems to have an artstyle that's edgy/agressive/very detailed/gritty. But you're right nonetheless.

derFeef

Can anyone tell me how to entry this series? I love SFIV but I suck at it and mostly play with friends just for fun.

This looks like a blast to play. Is it tag-team only?

vg260

derFeef said:
Can anyone tell me how to entry this series? I love SFIV but I suck at it and mostly play with friends just for fun.

This looks like a blast to play. Is it tag-team only?

Yup 3vs3. MvC2 is on sale on PSN right now. I'd avoid it if you're brand new to it and play online, because it's terribly balanced and people will cheese the crap out of you. Much, much better w/ friends for fun, IMO.

Kimosabae said:
I wonder if all the people complaining about the music in the gameplay video realize that's Chun Li's SFII background stage music.

Yeah, I know. Say what you want about Jazz or "epic" style music. Whatever floats your boat. But having character themes back beats the ever living shit out of MvC2's soundtrack. I noticed they're not like TvC where they change EVERY time you switch out but when the character is defeated, like the good old days of he VS series. :D

But I guess after eating out of the garbage can with MvC2's music for 10 years, gourmet cooked food is going to look bad in comparison.

Pimpbaa

Was wanting Trish to be playable in a DMC game for a while. But at least she is playable in another game. Glad they put her in rather than someone lame like Vergil. Dunno why gaf has a hardon for him.

Pimpbaa

JudgeN said:
O O o o o O Hell NO

I can't believe you just typed this.

Music we heard right now is total shit due to the lack of jazz.

*turns on MvSC2 soundtrack* Yea this is the good shit, maybe the PS3 version will have custom soundtracks so I can play it during fights:D

That shit was unbearable just like that shitty song in SF4.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
ElyrionX said:
Trish? WTF? It should have been Vergil!

This x 1 million.

Pimpbaa said:
Was wanting Trish to be playable in a DMC game for a while. But at least she is playable in another game. Glad they put her in rather than someone lame like Vergil. Dunno why gaf has a hardon for him.

Why do you want Trish?

Xamdou said:
Skrull? seriously? Apocalypse or Galactus would have been a better super villain.
And how would you accurately convey an interesting portion of these characters powers in videogame form?

Apocalypse in Xmen vs SF just grew really large and shot laser beams at you. Same with Abyss and Onslaught. Waste for a playable character, fine for a gimmicky mini/end boss.

SuperSkrull has force fields, flame projection, stretching, and super strength. Easily translated visually into fighting game attacks and blocks.

Why do people sound like they're surprised it's Trish? People were telling you it was Trish when MvC3 was first announced with the big silhouette image.

Kusagari

We've known about Trish for months. That silhouette couldn't have been anybody else. Why are you guys bitching now? :lol

LiK

Teknopathetic said:
Why do people sound like they're surprised it's Trish? People were telling you it was Trish when MvC3 was first announced with the big silhouette image.
They weren't part of the MvC3 Hype thread cool crowd. *hi5*

Dali

Chun Li is looking pretty good. God I hated what Daigo did to her in SFIV.

I'm also pretty happy Capcom had the foresight to show silhouettes of the characters and let us know about what the final character count will be. That way I've had a long time to be disappointed in the roster instead of getting my hopes up wishing for a bunch of more dynamic and interesting characters. Now anyone included that's not already assumed will just be icing on the cake... a very bland cake with no icing.

LiK said:
They weren't part of the MvC3 Hype thread cool crowd. *hi5*
Well, there was that one guy in the other thread that was arguing to the depths of hell and back that Trish was just going to be an alt costume for Dante.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Teknopathetic said:
Silhouette Mirage characters confirmed by Teknopathetic.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dali said:
Chun Li is looking pretty good. God I hated what Daigo did to her in SFIV.

I'm also pretty happy Capcom had the foresight to show silhouettes of the characters and let us know about what the final character count will be. That way I've had a long time to be disappointed in the roster instead of getting my hopes up wishing for a bunch of more dynamic and interesting characters. Now anyone included that's not already assumed will just be icing on the cake... a very bland cake with no icing.

Well, there was that one guy in the other thread that was arguing to the depths of hell and back that Trish was just going to be an alt costume for Dante.

I heard that there will be 4 Mega Man characters.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sho_Nuff82 said:
And how would you accurately convey an interesting portion of these characters powers in videogame form?

Apocalypse in Xmen vs SF just grew really large and shot laser beams at you. Same with Abyss and Onslaught. Waste for a playable character, fine for a gimmicky mini/end boss.

SuperSkrull has force fields, flame projection, stretching, and super strength. Easily translated visually into fighting game attacks and blocks.

Umm Apocalypse is a metamorph. Thats makes him THE perfect character for a VS fighting game since he can morph his body into anything.

However, Magneto is gonna be the X-Men villian if there is one so that doesnt matter.

Dali

HK-47 said:
I heard that there will be 4 Mega Man characters.
It's okay. I've already mailed a package full of "pineapples" to Capcom's main offices as soon as I had an approximation of the final roster.

Did they change Deadpool's 2nd Super animation - The "Maximum Deadpool" one? Wasn't it more silhouetted and showed him moving from different camera angles?

edit:

Holy shit, I just noticed one of Dante's assists has him grinding an electric ax as he slides in on his knees. DMC3 > all

Xamdou said:
Skrull? seriously? Apocalypse or Galactus would have been a better super villain.

What makes you think they're not going to put more super villains in? Super Skrull is perfect for this.

Also, how in the hell could Galactus be a playable character?

Dali

Skrull's fire effects are pretty badass, especially when he does his Human Torch super.

I've never seen that projectile attack Dante's doing where the missiles fly from his sword.

Dali said:
Skrull's fire effects are pretty badass, especially when he does his Human Torch super.

I've never seen that projectile attack Dante's doing where the missiles fly from his sword.
The effects in this game overall look pretty bad, (ice, hitsparks, etc) but the fire really impressed me.

Top Bottom