• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

KAL2006

Banned
Capcom should have 2 characters representing a franchise
Street Fighter - Ryu, Chunli
Devil May Cry - Dante, Trish
Darkstalkers - Morrigan, Felicia
Resident Evil - Chris

For Resident Evil's other character they should have either Tyrant or Wesker. Other possible franchises by Capcom.
Megaman - Megaman Volnutt, Zero
Dead Rising - Frank West, Generic Zombie
Onimusha - Samunosuke, Nobunaga
Viewtiful Joe - Viewtiful Joe, Silvia
Breath of Fire - Ryu, Nina
Bionic Commando - Spencer, Super Joe
Okami - Okami, Amaterasu
Rival Schools - Batsu, Kyosuke
Other - Arthur (from GnG), Lost Planet Robot

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
KevinCow said:
VM7qn.jpg

Is... Is Deadpool hitting his opponent with his lifebar?

Now that is what i like to see.

KAL2006 said:
Capcom should have 2 characters representing a franchise
Street Fighter - Ryu, Chunli
Devil May Cry - Dante, Trish
Darkstalkers - Morrigan, Felicia
Resident Evil - Chris

For Resident Evil's other character they should have either Tyrant or Wesker. Other possible franchises by Capcom.
Megaman - Megaman Volnutt, Zero
Dead Rising - Frank West, Generic Zombie
Onimusha - Samunosuke, Nobunaga
Viewtiful Joe - Viewtiful Joe, Silvia
Breath of Fire - Ryu, Nina
Bionic Commando - Spencer, Super Joe
Okami - Okami, Amaterasu
Rival Schools - Batsu, Kyosuke
Other - Arthur (from GnG), Lost Planet Robot
Huh?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
-PXG- said:
A buddy of mine doesn't like how dark the game looks, literally. I see what he means.

And I agree with him. But somehow I totally expected it, even before the very first teaser trailer was shown. This is basically Capcom going with the trends of the comics industry.

Dr. Doom looking cool as always, but I don't like his new voice.

TreIII

lupinko said:
If it counts for anything, I did ask Niitsuma at Evo if they could put in Linn Kurosawa, but he told me it would be difficult to do so and that they get many requests like that, and then told me for the time being the answer was no. lol =/

He at least told us from the outset that this game likely wouldn't have many, if any, retro-throwbacks. More than likely, it's going to be basically a "Capcom, PS2 era on up" parade.

One of many reasons why I haven't been really hyped about this game any longer. How can a roster that basically stands to be so droll hope to move me? :lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kilrogg said:
And I agree with him. But somehow I totally expected it, even before the very first teaser trailer was shown. This is basically Capcom going with the trends of the comics industry.

Dr. Doom looking cool as always, but I don't like his new voice.

What trends?

JKTrix

Dedication Through Light said:
LIEK ZOMG Chun-Li is in this, lol. Im excite already. Havent played the series ever, but I love her character after seeing the movie she is based on.

...not sure if serious

Kimosabae

Banned
Jesus Christ, look at the stage - why the hell wouldn't it be dark? People never had complaints regarding the game's brightness levels when New York City was showcased.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
V. Joe... I know that he will be in. I hate to remind people about article related to 1/3 characters will be brand new, so we will have

Trish, Chris, Joe, Dante, and Frank

Beh, I was looking forward to see something new from existing franchise that haven't represent in any versus game. I am fine with Dante and Chris since they look fun to play with.

I enjoyed to play as Frank West in TvC, and I hope that he would get few more new moves.

Trish, I think she may be waste of space since she seem to have some similar moves as dante but I will wait until Comic Con and see more video of her before I jump into conclusion. (Also I am aware of her having different special move, Sword Sonic Boom.

Also I wish that they could shown us more shadows. :lol

Edited: They seem to recycle characters from TvC but they said they made them from the scratch which is weird. Everytime I see some moves from TvC made me fear that MegaMan Volnutt will be in MvC3.. Volnutt = DO NOT WANT!

Wasn't a fan of the dark shaders they were using but it's starting to grow on me. Gameplay looks as sick as ever. But I demand larger Chun Li thighs. Larger damnit!

Confirmed:
Capcom-
Ryu
Felicia
Morrigan
Chun-Li
Dante
Trish
Chris
Viewtiful Joe (silhouette)
Frank West (silhouette)
Mega Man (stage)

Marvel-
Cpt America
Hulk
Deadpool
Super Skrull
Dr Doom
Wolverine
Iron Man
Dormammu (last teaser vid)
Spider-Man (silhouette, level)

That's 19 out of 30+. I anticipate Bionic Commando and Thor along with some more old favorites.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
robut said:
Confirmed:
Capcom-
Ryu
Felicia
Morrigan
Chun-Li
Dante
Trish
Chris
Viewtiful Joe (silhouette)
Frank West (silhouette)
Mega Man (stage)

Marvel-
Cpt America
Hulk
Deadpool
Super Skrull
Dr Doom
Wolverine
Iron Man
Dormammu (last teaser vid)

That's 19 out of 30+. I anticipate Bionic Commando and Thor along with some more old favorites.

Venom is probably a safe bet. We also have Dormammu's silhouette.

lupinko

TreIII said:
He at least told us from the outset that this game likely wouldn't have many, if any, retro-throwbacks. More than likely, it's going to be basically a "Capcom, PS2 era on up" parade.

Oh I knew that, I still asked regardless, Niitsuma and the other Capcom guy were surprised though when I ended the conversation in Japanese. :lol

Fun times, though it would be awesome to have Linn in the game, not to mention Predators just recently came out in theatres too (though the game is not out until 2011 lol).

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
HK-47 said:
What trends?

I don't know how to define it as someone who's mostly outside the comics industry, but I seem to notice it's about making things ever grittier (in style, and possibly substance), not unlike the games industry coincidentally. Can't say I like that, but to each his own. From what I've seen, it's not a recent trend, but as many trends do, it tends to escalate as time goes by.

burgerdog

Platy said:
That Resident Evil laboratory stage looks AWESOME ! =D
Seriously, at one point all the lickers break out of their cage and roam the stage, you can even see a green herb inside the right cage, glowing too!

Sblargh

Banned
Yesterday I was talking about I was not interested in this game.
That was yesterday.
Looking all kinds of awesome.

LOL @ Deadpool yelling "Shoryuken".

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kilrogg said:
I don't know how to define it as someone who's mostly outside the comics industry, but I seem to notice it's about making things ever grittier (in style, and possibly substance). Can't say I like that, but to each his own. From what I've seen, it's not a recent trend, but as many trends do, it tends to escalate as time goes by.

Yeah maybe in the mid 90s. Nowadays its all about silver age nostalgia mixed with continuous crossover events that all fuck up everything.

shaowebb

Does anyone else remember that all four of these characters were called from their silhouettes several threads back?
Super Skrull, and Trish look good out there. Lots of potential for change ups, and assists with those two.
Can't wait.

Dr. Doom and Chun Li, no surprised, but Super Skrull and Trish. Didn't see Trish coming at all. Would have preferred Lady over her. Didn't even know who Super Skrull was until I had to google him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shaowebb said:
Does anyone else remember that all four of these characters were called from their silhouettes several threads back?
Super Skrull, and Trish look good out there. Lots of potential for change ups, and assists with those two.
Can't wait.

People were spot on with those characters silhouettes expect wesker which ended up being Dante and Frank West.

HK-47 said:
She cant mimic abilities.

Can Spiral? I remember her having a super where she turned into the whole X-men cast. Not there's much of a chance she'd be in this.

Hope we get a danger room level, btw. RE lab and S.H.I.E.L.D battleship levels look great.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Faceless Master said:
i love how some people call Trish a waste of a slot, and others want Vergil, which would be even more of a waste of a slot...

Viewtiful!!!
Needs to be quoted. I would have preferred Lady but they obviously weren't going to put Vergil or Nero in since they look exactly like Dante.

TheOGB

Banned
So... I guess I'm the only one that was glad to hear Hideyuki Fukasawa music again?
That said, still waiting for a ride.

_dementia said:
Hulk's level 3 hyper combo will be "Gamma Adjust"
:lol

vg260

robut said:
Confirmed:

ReiGun said:
Also, can they just announce Spider-Man already? We all know he's in, and I need his in-game model to make my "Spider-Man for Top Tier!" campaign posters.

All of the character billboards on the Daily Bugle stage use the in-game models. Chun-Li's was on one of the right-hand buildings, before she was confirmed. Spider-Man's in-game model is on the billboard on the left-hand side.

I counted 19 characters confirmed/hinted so far but Dormammu may very well be the (or a) end boss. With there going to be more than 30 characters, we could just be looking at half the cast!

My guess/hopes for 18 more:

Capcom-
Bionic Commando
Zero
Wesker
Strider
Ammeteresu
Rufus
Mayor Mike Haggar
Arthur
Vergil

Marvel-
Thor
Venom
Magneto
Juggernaut
Dr Octopus
Ice Man
Gambit
Daredevil
Punisher

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MrMephistoX said:
Green Goblin didn't make the cut but Super Skrull did? Hopefully he's an alt.

Skrull is repping all the FF. And how do you know the Green Gobin didnt make it, despite the fact that it will probably be Venom yet again as the Spidey villian?

Top Bottom