• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 (Platform Unknown), Ace Attorney 123HD (iOS) announced

MechaX

Capcom, if you're going to go Apollo or Phoenix, just go all the way with either. Don't do some Dante/Nero shit where the old guard is clearly outshining the new guard, but yet the new guard never gets breathing room to develop itself.

Or maybe they'll throw us all off and do a Mia Fey prequel.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DAY ONE ON AA5.

SlickVic

Always been tempted to pick up the first Phoenix Wright on iOS, but held off hoping for some sale. Already have these on DS, but I don't mind double dipping to have them all on iOS now.

Can't wait to hear more about AA5, and here's hoping Capcom brings this one over to the US.

Whoa! Japan time is back for an awesome announcement!

VERY curious to see how they tackles the
juror system
since it kind of messes up the formula. Of course if it's before Apollo, that wouldn't be a problem.

Well, couldn't they easily come up with something like
the jury being used only for the most important cases because the system is still being introduced
?

And I honestly don't know whether it would be better or worse to put it before Apollo.. I didn't like its story at all, but it wasn't really the character's fault, and I would feel a bit cheated if all that story arc was shoved away when it obviously was meant to continue.

Not getting excited until localisation is confirmed. Fool me once, shame on Capcom. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling. I'll care once it becomes localized. The iOS versions, on the other hand, will more than likely show up in English so I'll double dip on those. Also, they need to get on the ball about putting Ghost Trick on iOS like they said they were going to do.

GSR

Anyways, news reporting out of the way,

C68FN.gif

upandaway

About fucking time geez. I'm fine with either protag because I'm cool like that.

Still not forgiving them for you know what.

cvxfreak

Definitely grabbing the HD app. I just remembered that I bought the Japanese GS1 app back in 2009, so I'm eligible to upgrade onto the HD one.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Am I dead? I think I'm dead.

<3 Ace Attorney. :D So glad 1/2/3 are coming to iOS too. About time. Trials and Tribulations is just fantastic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't think 3DS can be excluded for AA5, also due to the crossover with Professor Layton...
Capcom, announce the platform and make us joy.

FUCK YES AA5! WHATEVER PLATFORM IT'S ON, I WILL MAKE SURE I HAVE THAT PLATFORM

I'm so glad I didn't go to sleep earlier, this is awesome!

Instro

I don't think 3DS can be excluded for AA5, also due to the crossover with Professor Layton...
Capcom, announce the platform and make us joy.

My first thought would be 3DS only, but unknown platform is kind of odd though. AA5 on Vita is a bit odd unless its either new characters or Vita is getting those HD games as well. There's also a possibility of them all being released on the WiiU as DD for the Pad. Hell I guess ios is a viable platform as well, but I imagine that wouldn't be till further down the line for pricing reasons.

Just a side note, Capcom is still considering localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the west. It was the first question they were asked during a live stream chat last week and they confirmed that it's still a possibility.

My first thought would be 3DS only, but unknown platform is kind of odd though. AA5 on Vita is a bit odd unless its either new characters or Vita is getting those HD games as well. There's also a possibility of them all being released on the WiiU as DD for the Pad. Hell I guess ios is a viable platform as well, but I imagine that wouldn't be till further down the line for pricing reasons.

I would buy a Vita just so I could have Ace Attorney trophies

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
it does look like the art in the books... how else would you HDfy sprites?

No it doesn't. The lines are thinker and the coloring is different so it just looks like they traced the old sprites in photoshop.

Also they were all originally hand drawn and have those assets readily available. They've used it for some of the japanese promos.

Badly compressed image but it gets the idea across:
5CSxq.jpg

Kisaya

Awesome! I wonder if they'll continue with Phoenix Wright or Apollo.

They probably won't show Phoenix :( I remember they saying that Phoenix's story ended in AA4, and I think they didn't even want to include him in AA4 :(

I really want to see Edgeworth or Maya though...

Just a side note, Capcom is still considering localizing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in the west. It was the first question they were asked during a live stream chat last week and they confirmed that it's still a possibility.

"We're still considering it" is basically an easy way of not doing anything while keeping the fans off their back.

They need to dedicate a SMALL amount of game time of AA5 to give Phoenix a little bit of redemption. They way it was left in AA4 was just lame.

But after that, Apollo (if he's the star) really needs to get the spotlight. Let him build relationships on his own merit and explore his background more.

Bladenic

That's somewhat reassuring about AAI2, though the DS is close to death here, especially with the 3DS out. So the longer they wait, the less likely it will be.

Kisaya

They better. AAI2 not being localized was the worse news of my life :( Okay not really, but I was depressed for a really long time :(

Top Bottom