• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 (Platform Unknown), Ace Attorney 123HD (iOS) announced

zoku88

If this comes out on 3DS, I will buy a 3DS for this game. If this comes out on Vita, I will buy a Vita for this game.

And if it comes out on both, I will buy BOTH handhelds!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm already seeing AAI2 being a preorder bonus for AA5 in the States and Europe, only at selected stores.

"We're still considering it" is basically an easy way of not doing anything while keeping the fans off their back.
Sven apparently used the words "cautiously optimistic" during the stream. There's a link to a recorded version of the chat here (it's the first question asked), but I can't get the video to work. :/

Instro

Sven apparently used the words "cautiously optimistic" during the stream. There's a link to a recorded version of the chat here (it's the first question asked), but I can't get the video to work. :/

Perhaps they could release it as DD for the 3DS, with this new Nintendo Network stuff coming it could be a higher profile release for the eshop.

Perhaps they could release it as DD for the 3DS, with this new Nintendo Network stuff coming it could be a higher profile release for the eshop.

Even though a retail release would be my ideal, any sort of 3DS release would be great. We just can't be skipping games in this series, it'll only be detrimental to the series and the fan base.

After the release debacle that was AAI2 I'm not excited yet. Thank God I started learning Japanese so I could understand most of AAI2 with the help of a guide. Still a shame because the localization was always of great quality.

Hopefully the iOS HD ports make Capcom see the light and bring everything to the West. AA5 would be a great fit on iOS, Vita and 3DS because all three have touch and microphone capabilities.

Instro

Even though a retail release would be my ideal, any sort of 3DS release would be great. We just can't be skipping games in this series, it'll only be detrimental to the series and the fan base.

I agree. I didn't take to Investigations at first, but it really grew on me further into the story. I still think it was a shame they never put in any courtroom stuff, it would have been nice to be the prosecutor taking on some evil defense attorney. Whatever gets it the best chance for release, retail or DD, they need to make it happen.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The first game was so good, the second too...but I hanven't still had an occasion to play AA:T&T. The reason for buying the iOS app, indeed :)

For the AAI thing... I know it's unlikely as much as seeing a brand new Megaman in the near future, but let me hope, at least :(

LOCK

I don't care what it is on, just release it already. Not stating the obvious (3DS) makes me wonder if it is a console game.

squall23

The whole touchscreen thing isn't really a good argument considering the original games were for GBA. You can still play the DS versions without ever using the touchscreen.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ace Attorney never was on PSP why would this be a reasonable expectation then ?

There was never a Xbox Devil May Cry 1-3 (until the HD collection was announced) yet a 360 version of DMC4 came. :p

Basically, if it comes to the 3DS exclusively or not, I won't be surprised by neither way. If it comes the Vita or iOS exclusively however, then I'll definitely be surprised.

No it doesn't. The lines are thinker and the coloring is different so it just looks like they traced the old sprites in photoshop.

Also they were all originally hand drawn and have those assets readily available. They've used it for some of the japanese promos.

Badly compressed image but it gets the idea across:
5CSxq.jpg

ah, I see. It probably would require a bit more work then they would like... Still it does look better than that ios megaman X.

Wonder if this would include case 5 from 1.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The whole touchscreen thing isn't really a good argument considering the original games were for GBA. You can still play the DS versions without ever using the touchscreen.

I didn't use the touchscreen at all except for the DS exclusive case. The touch controls were largely there as an option.

farnham

Banned
It seems like Nintendo Dream had a New Years Comment from Takumi Shu in their New Year Issue: "There will be a Special Court on January the 29th"

Personally I believe its unlikely that Nintendo Dream would have published this if todays announcement had nothing to do with Nintendo Platforms.

Touch screen.

Ace Attorney 1-3 worked fine without a touch screen
There was never a Xbox Devil May Cry 1-3 (until the HD collection was announced) yet a 360 version of DMC4 came. :p

Basically, if it comes to the 3DS exclusively or not, I won't be surprised by neither way. If it comes the Vita or iOS exclusively however, then I'll definitely be surprised.

you might remember the reactions back then.

This iOS trend is making me mad.

Anyway the blue logo in the AA5 title is making me think of phoenix *swoon*

they are porting very old GBA games on the system.

I doubt they will make a Ace Attorney game from scratch and put it on iOS exclusively for 1 buck

Why? The games would play perfectly on any iOS system.

people laugh at ios saying it ain't got 'real' games. But when it does, those people just bitch about why it ain't on other platforms.

And those people don't even know that FFT will be getting new higher res textures sometime this year... ;P

I wouldn't make such a fuss about it if the said systems were actually real consoles with other games that interest me.

I don't really see why they should put AAHD on iOS but not on anything else either. It's great people with iOS devices can play the games in HD... but I don't see any reason why they can't put it on other platforms, too.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ah, I see. It probably would require a bit more work then they would like... Still it does look better than that ios megaman X.

Wonder if this would include case 5 from 1.
It's still using the original artwork anyway, it's just using the more common art style because all the poses are available this way.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Great news also if at the moment I'm looking forward more info about Layton VS Wright.
I would love to have it on my 3DS to continue the "collection" (due to the fact that I have the previous on DS), but I think that It's quiet sure that this will be developed at least ALSO for 3ds.
My bet, also looking at Time travelers and Extreme escape, is that it will be multiplatform 3ds-vita, and that's ok for me, if they localize the 3ds version for PAL market :)

Was looking at old ace attorney trailers (they do show high res characters animating!), and realized something...

Will they use the original music? Or will they use remix?

The music in this series is arguably half the game... at the very least give us the option o_O

Thoraxes

Oh fuck yes!
About TIME!

Also, I would guess it to be an Apollo sequel judging by the way the 5 is shaped like his ahoge.

Fuck I am so happy, and the rest of the games are coming to iOS too! Such good news.

Now all we need is the platform announcement and to see if they're going to be using the Layton x Wright engine or sprites/higher-res art.

I will literally buy whatever system it's for, no matter the cost.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm already seeing AAI2 being a preorder bonus for AA5 in the States and Europe, only at selected stores.
Aha, I don't think they'll go that far. I'd love for AAI2 to come out here, though (and I'd prefer it to come out here first; and I don't take much stock in a single thing Sven says anymore). The localizations are generally very good, so I prefer playing the English versions of those games.

With that said, I hope AA5 gets localized then.

Keasar

I wonder if it will be a new character, Apollo Justice or Phoenix Wright.

Please say its Phoenix Wright!

CoolS

Most important question is: Who's writing the story and script. If Shu Takumi isn't involved, that dampens my hype a lot. After all, Capcom is responsible for forcing Phoenix into AA4 as much as he was from what I read.

I really hope we see more chances for Apollo to shine. I can also see a game were you both play him and Phoenix I guess.

I hope they don't bring back Phoenix Wright as the main character just because people complained about AA4.. If Takumi is in charge of AA5, I hope he does what he wants.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Most important question is: Who's writing the story and script. If Shu Takumi isn't involved, that dampens my hype a lot. After all, Capcom is responsible for forcing Phoenix into AA4 as much as he was from what I read.

I really hope we see more chances for Apollo to shine. I can also see a game were you both play him and Phoenix I guess.
I guess I hope he is, since I doubt he's working on another Ghost Trick. :(

Either way I'm sure Takeshi Yamazaki is probably involved as well, all the more reason we need AAI2.

Top Bottom