• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5 (Platform Unknown), Ace Attorney 123HD (iOS) announced

FatCat

About bloody time they announced it! How long has it been since AA4?

I imagine this will be a multiplatform release, all the better!

Omikaru

I'm hoping they go multiplatform with this, just so as many people as possible can play. I have a 3DS already and that seems the likeliest platform, so I'm covered (unless they don't release it in Europe), but I think with most handheld devices having touch screens, there's no reason this couldn't be on Vita and 3DS, with an iOS port a couple of years later (when it can be sold for less, lol).

I'd buy all of them.

As for the iOS games? Sold. Will look beautiful on my 4S. I hope they find their way to other platforms (3DS eShop, Vita PSN) too.

Now time for Capcom to redeem themselves and announce the localisation of AAI2.

How is the platform unknown since everyone knows it's for 3DS ?

I'm guessing 3DS/Vita.

This game was likely decided on around the time where the 3DS wasn't faring well in the market. Seeing as how it wasn't canceled (like Capcom's other mid-tier budget 3DS exclusive), there's likely a reason for that.

Fusebox

Banned
I hope the HD means iPad and not just retina.

Oh and I hope they don't stuck in Japanese iOS purgatory like Ghost Trick.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If it's on 3DS it will most likely get those wonky 3D models, not sure if want. Funny how iOS would be the most likely to get sprite work. And yeah, it would be nice if it was multiplatform. Regardless of where 5 lands, if the iOS HD ports get localized (lol) I'm definitely dipping to show my ~enthusiasm~ for the series.

Because I wouldn't be able to play it, did that cross your mind?
By that logic it better not be for 3DS/Vita either because I don't own those systems. DS 4life!

Omikaru

If it's on 3DS it will most likely get those wonky 3D models

I'm hoping that's just a Level-5 thing, and that Capcom knows that the Ace Attorney series has its roots in sprites.

I'd be really upset if they had 3D models. I just... don't like them.

nice a new gyakuten saiban !! ( maybe with voices , now ? ( they should have a good voice of phoenix and maya thanks to the cross over layton ).

BUt capcom ? why don't you localise Investigation 2 ?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
nice a new gyakuten saiban !! ( maybe with voices , now ? ( they should have a good voice of phoenix and maya thanks to the cross over layton ).

BUt capcom ? why don't you localise Investigation 2 ?

If they do voices I hope they don't use the UMVC3 English Phoenix. That guy isn't too good.

I'm kind of excited but really I need more info, i'll take Apollo or Phoenix or a brand new character, i'm up for whatever as long as I get my Ace Attorney fix.

OMFG.

WANT. NEED. DESIRE.

This is great! But, ugh... I swear if Capcom USA does not localize this...=/

And the first 3 in HD? On iOS? Goddammit. I don't have any iOS device. I wonder if they'll touch of all the typos and stuff in the script for these HD versions.

I'm still bitter we didn't get AAI2.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If they do voices I hope they don't use the UMVC3 English Phoenix. That guy isn't too good.

This is the draw back of using random Programs and Localizers at Capcom to provide the voice clips. Was a great idea when the translation was simply an extra feature in the Japanese Version, but does come back to bite you in the ass when you need more Voice Work.

Torraz

Wow. Hopefully they somehow throw out Apollo again.

Still waiting for AAI 2 though and being in the EU might see even worse chances of getting a translation than the US due to the region lockedness of the 3ds. Though a cross release with the VITA might help that.

Also voice acting would be cool (if done well) and in my case would allow for importing of a region unlocked copy...

Peff

This is the draw back of using random Programs and Localizers at Capcom to provide the voice clips. Was a great idea when the translation was simply an extra feature in the Japanese Version, but does come back to bite you in the ass when you need more Voice Work.

UMVC3's Phoenix is not Ben Judd, it's a regular voice actor.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it so obvious that it will be a 3ds game that they don't need to say the target platform or do they want to surprise?

Just a logo. The worst kind of announcement.
I'm still excited, though! >:I

I hope Takumi has a somewhat considerable role in this. Seeing how there is only a logo of the game and not even a platform mentioned it may still be way off and Takumi can slowly migrate from LaytonVsAA to this.

xxczx

I bought the first Ace Attorney a couple of days ago on iOS, extremely happy that they aren't releasing a new app but updating it!

They now they need to bring back Phoenix ad the main star, only girls want back fucking shitty Apollo.
They will be both in the game, but Im thinking that Phoenix will be the important figure in it, with Maya besides him and probably the rest of the cast now older as guest characters.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney

IYtEL.jpg

More: http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201201290004/

More likely:

3DS: $40
iOS: Episodic release, first case free, five additional cases sold at $8 each
Hummm... episodic release is a good bet, yes.

Not sure if posted:

Ace Attorney 123 HD: Phoenix Wright will have new graphics. Each game will cost 600 yen ($7.80) or you can get the trilogy for 1,200 yen ($15.60).
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/2...ed-phoenix-wright-trilogy-remastered-for-ios/

I'm hyper-ventilating! Gyakuten Saiban 5 finally announced, it's like a dream ;_;
I'm so hyped even though we've got absolutely no other info on it. Eff yeah!

duckroll

What the FUCK. The anime scenes in AAvsLayton are by BONES? Not PA Works? Why do you continue to torture me with these announcements Hino? WHY????

Top Bottom