• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney [Mafia] |OT| Turnabout Scum

RedFalco

Plz unvote and lets talk this out.

What actions exactly? You wanted me to go with SJ. I did

I tried to make myself a target last night. to save you or SD. SD was most likely lynched because she woudlve sided with me and MA knew you would get a green check on him.

Whose vote did you steal and why?

Sorian

Banned
Day 7 has ended

Anyone with night actions should PM me during this interim. I see no reason to take a big break for a night phase.

RedFalco

I guess you skipped the main thing in my opening post, didn't even look at the vote count?

Anyway. GL town. Still look at MA/FEP

Time to see what's in the dead thread.

I tried reading but then I saw votes down below and rushed there instead for fear of what just happened. Now I read it.

Sorian

Banned
Everyone gathered in the courtroom looked at each other. Things were getting tense and decisions were made quickly. With a thundering snap, the scene glitched and Ron DeLite was gone.

EzekelRAGE has been removed from the game

Welcome EzekelRAGE!

You are Ron DeLite, Mask☆DeMasque

Your role is the Town Vote Thief

A quiet and nervous man, you try to get your point out to those around you but you sometimes find that no one listens and no matter how much you try or what you have to say it just feels like your words are falling on deaf ears and sometimes you want to get agitated but you might be wrong so it might be better if you just stay quiet and…………...

As the master thief, Mask&#9734;DeMasque, you are able to steal another player’s vote each night by using the command STEAL: <playername>. Once this action has been done, the targeted player’s vote will not count during the following day phase and your vote will count as a double vote. The targeted player’s vote will be returned to them the following night phase after this power is used. Please note that you will continue to vote with the regular VOTE command, please do not use the command DOUBLE.

Please also note that if you die during the same night that you steal a vote then the player will still be voteless during the following day phase.

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

Suddenly, a voice descended from above. Instantly recognizable but noticeably older.

"We continue."

Suddenly the same thunderous noise and the same glitch overlayed the scene. Maya Fey was gone now as well. The final four looked at each other as music began to surround them.

Zubz has been removed from the game.

Welcome Zubz!

You are Maya Fey, The Best Assistant

Your role is Vanilla Town

Although you may be Phoenix Wright’s assistant, you are also a spirit medium of the Kurain Channeling Technique. In fact, you are next in line to be master of this technique. Although you are not in complete control of your powers yet, you have a lot of dormant power within you.

You do not have any actions, but you may judge your peers in the court of law (which means you can vote).

You win when all non-town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one town player still alive.

4 players remain. 3 votes are needed for majority. As we have crossed the 5 player threshold, day phases are now 48 hours.

Day 8 ends in:
blu_1458336600.png

I guess Ezekial might have been right about another godfather

Unfortunately it's the only thing that makes sense. Me and Zeke clearly got played hard against eachother.

Why was Zubz killed though? Why not RedFalco, who I feel people have generally had stronger town reads on than either Zubz or FEP?

Unfortunately it's the only thing that makes sense. Me and Zeke clearly got played hard against eachother.

Why was Zubz killed though? Why not RedFalco, who I feel people have generally had stronger town reads on than either Zubz or FEP?
I think FEP might be our man, by this point. Also, I think we all read Squidy as town until Scrafty connected the dots.

Not going to open with a vote this time but my suspicions immediately go to Xam before two godfathers. Zeke was not the only one without an alignment check. Someone, I forget who, speculated a while back on the deputy town picking up the slack for a scum cop. Maybe this is what we're looking at.

Not going to open with a vote this time but my suspicions immediately go to Xam before two godfathers. Zeke was not the only one without an alignment check. Someone, I forget who, speculated a while back on the deputy town picking up the slack for a scum cop. Maybe this is what we're looking at.
Suspicions are fine, but if I was scum, why would I drill TG and play a part in lynching SJ?

I posed a theory earlier in the game that the Lana role could be aligned with scum, primarily for lore reasons. I don't think that this is necessarily the actual situation though. Ema's role PM specifically mentions that she inherits the investigator's power. As we see it in Ema's role PM, this means she receives either a Town, No Town, or No Result response. Because Ema inherits this, it stands to reason that this applies to our regular cop as well. If there are no neutrals in this game, as is looking increasingly likely, this seems like it would be totally useless for a scum cop.

Alternatively, we do have a neutral and scum is already all dead (the flavor in squidy's lynch would support this conclusion, but it could be just that: flavor). I have trouble imagining what a neutral cop's win condition though. Xam's already checked everybody. Why would a neutral cop be able to kill? Etc. it doesn't quite add up.

Furthermore, if we do have two godfathers, which is the case if Xam is town, then us having two cops suddenly starts to make a bit more sense. It encourages a reliance on them that would lead to a situation like the one we're in now (where everybody other than the cop himself has a green check).)

I really don't think Xam is our guy.

And yes, they're both claimed vanillas.

Also, to point out the obvious, we are in mylo. No Lynch is a valid play to remove just a single candidate from the deciding tally.

Xam: Alignment cop. Ascetic.
Scummy: Survived til end game, potentially wasted town PRs for days.
Town: Gave town TG. As far as most of us know, has given accurate readings.
RedFalco: claimed vanilla. Very low post count. Doesn't seem to have pointed almost anyone's scum sense. Surviving to end game is about all that I could throw at him immediately and we're all guilty of that.
FEP: Claimed vanilla town. I wasted a lot of breath yesterday defending my play a bit and pushing for Zeke, who ended up flipping town. I would do it again though, he was dangerous. It's now been days since we've gotten reads lists and there is not much recent activity to even look at for some of us.
Matt Attack: I do believe in your role.

I'm rereading through all of FEP and Falco's posts right now, going to try to get a better feel for them. I'll try to refresh the thread every few minutes though to see if I have anything I need to comment on.

RedFalco

I don't know what to think anymore.

I considered FEP scummy before, there was the deal with TWE freaking out over the Hipster vote and FEP called himself "obviously town". He never sat perfectly well with me but at the end with the check and that he was somewhat helping I just let him go along.

MA's role seemed very convenient but man...looking at Squidy's role and how ridiculous it is I can see why he would exist.

Xam, you have to be town...right? You're the cop there's like almost zero doubt about that.
But your reveal was so premature, I don't get it.

I posed a theory earlier in the game that the Lana role could be aligned with scum, primarily for lore reasons. I don't think that this is necessarily the actual situation though. Ema's role PM specifically mentions that she inherits the investigator's power. As we see it in Ema's role PM, this means she receives either a Town, No Town, or No Result response. Because Ema inherits this, it stands to reason that this applies to our regular cop as well. If there are no neutrals in this game, as is looking increasingly likely, this seems like it would be totally useless for a scum cop.
Stanley's PM confirmed what Xam had previously claimed so I do believe he's a cop. If there's no neutral, I do have to wonder about the usefulness to scum of the role besides just a plant. But a plant could be useful. That is something you would want to open up early to prevent a vig kil, and scum has reason to believe there were other killing roles from their role pms. Bus a teammate, follow around Scrafty as much as possible.

Doesn't make much sense as a neutral though

Looking back at the day Salva got lynched: RedFalco went in hard on him. Of course, it could be a bus attempt, but it could also be legitimate scum hunting. Still need to look over a bunch of posts in detail and then go through FEP's posts

Looking back at the day Salva got lynched: RedFalco went in hard on him. Of course, it could be a bus attempt, but it could also be legitimate scum hunting. Still need to look over a bunch of posts in detail and then go through FEP's posts
Keep in mind RedFalco didn't do any scum hunting outside of that

The worst thing any of us can do today is allow ourselves to be lynched. I am going to lean toward no lynch just by way of caution and will go on the record with that now.

Vote: No Lynch

It removes one suspect from this mess.

I responded to your concern about the read list way back and not much has changed. A read list is from my perspective and my feelings, not an objective breakdown of what is known by all. From my perspective, I am confirmed town. Pretty innocent and I've seen it done before by others as well.

Keep in mind RedFalco didn't do any scum hunting outside of that

Duly noted. Just making an observation.

The worst thing any of us can do today is allow ourselves to be lynched. I am going to lean toward no lynch just by way of caution and will go on the record with that now.

Vote: No Lynch

It removes one suspect from this mess.

I responded to your concern about the read list way back and not much has changed. A read list is from my perspective and my feelings, not an objective breakdown of what is known by all. From my perspective, I am confirmed town. Pretty innocent and I've seen it done before by others as well.

I don't see the value in this. Xam's role claim and my own are plausible enough that I don't think either of us should really be suspects at this point. One of us is practically guaranteed to be the night kill, which will put us in the same situation as today but with one less townie to have participating in the discussion.

Top Bottom