• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Day 8 has ended.

Lone_Prodigy has met eternal sleep and died.

You were ...

Brooke Augustine

"Yeah, I'm told that hurts."

Curdun Cay is your masterpiece and you won’t stop until all Conduits are imprisoned, despite being one yourself.

You are aligned with scum.

As a Role Blocker/Recruiter you can choose to block a player each other by PMing me the command Block: [Player]. Or you can choose to attempt to recruit a hidden partner with the command Recruit: [Player]. If successful in recruiting, your recruitment will be added to the Scum team and thread.

Fake Claim – Sebastian Wolfe

You win when scum has the majority.

The game thread is HERE.

The scum thread is HERE.

Night 8 Begins.

Please note the night phase will be 24 hours from deadline!!

pin_1504908000.png

DAY 8 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Lone_Prodigy (3) voted out by majority
cabot 3547
*Splinter 3548
Kalor 3552

No active vote for Day 8: Lone_Prodigy, SkyOdin

Day 8 Postcount: *Splinter 14, cabot 23, Kalor 11, Lone_Prodigy 11, SkyOdin 5

o8BNU8j.jpg

Nine days have past since you first started plotting.

And since, you've been enthralled with this strange experiment of behavior and group dynamics.

Everyday has been curiouser and curiouser.

As a speculator it has been delightful.

But as a participant it has been maddening.

(Tonight?)

The plan must be executed.

Say goodbye to Curdun Cay

And if the right choices are made you might even live long enough to enjoy your freedom ...

SkyOdin has died.

Eugene Sims – Virgin

“But the real world…? That I couldn't control…”

You are aligned with Town.

Well, Eugene, the good news is should you be killed during the night, scum may not perform any kills the following night. And well, you already know the bad news.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.
_____

Day 9 Begins

DAY ENDS iN…

48 hours:

pin_1505080800.png

Majority is 2.

*Splinter

Well... I don't think there's any need to drag this out. We know there's a recruitable hidden partner. Recruitable commuter makes no sense whatsoever. Case closed?

VOTE: Kalor

Kalor

Hmm. Splinter is probably the last scum so I'll just vote so Cabot can decide at anytime. I'll feel real dumb if Cabot is the last scum. Although if I was scum Cabot, I would have killed Splinter and got me to go against Sky since I mentioned having a suspicion of them. Due to that I feel good about it being Splinter.

Vote: *Splinter

Kalor has died.

Seattle Hipster A.K.A Vanilla Town

Congratulations! Seattle welcomes you. You are town. So, the downside is you're a hipster and only have the ability to VOTE, but, least you're not scum. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

Cabot has also died.

Lucy Kuo – Odd Night Commuter

"I'm not an agent anymore. You're looking at the new me. It's a little hard to hide."

Some people find you a little cold and maybe you aren't the most social individual. And yet, you Lucy are aligned with Town.

You are an Odd Night Commuter. During odd nights you leave town and are unable to be targeted by any night commands on those nights.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

The game thread is HERE.

Overwhelmed by the Curdun Cay administration—significantly so after the recruitment of their ringer, Cole MacGrath.

giphy.gif

The escape has failed.

Congratulations, Splinter has become inFAMOUS and won.

Cole MacGrath – Governor

”I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost."

Mr. Infamous himself.

For the moment you are aligned with, uh, ... Town. You are a Governor and have the ability to stop any lynch, including your own once per game. To stop a lynch from occurring the command Save: [Player] must be posted in the main thread before end of day. The selected player will be unable to lynched for the remainder of that day.

But maybe you are Scum.

Or could be.

In true InFAMOUS fashion, your alliances could change at any moment. You are also a Hidden Partner and recruitable by scum, should they find you.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated. For now.

The game thread is HERE.
_____

PM UPDATED (as of N5) :
_____

Mr. MacGrath,

You have been recruited by Brooke Augustine to join the D.U.P and eliminate all Conduit activity in the Washington area.

In short, your karma has shifted and you are now aligned with Scum .

You retain your Governor ability and can still stop a lynch.

Fake Claim – Brent Walker

Your new win condition is when scum has the majority.

The scum thread is HERE.

Please confirm you have received this PM update and if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Congratulations, Swamped, Lone_Prodigy, Zippedpinhead you have became inFAMOUS too.

Scum have won.

oh and also, Congratulations again to Bronx-Man for making Fetch happen.

and GG, Town.

Thank you so much for playing ...

Really thank you to everyone that has participated, spec'd and played. I hope everyone had fun and found something to enjoy in my silly game. If you have any comments or concerns or additional feedback always always feel free to message me here or on Discord.

thank you to Ouro, Soph and everyone that reviewed the game and helped guide me.

special thank you to all my mentors, Retro, Ynny, Burbeting, Coppa. Sorry for all the dumb questions :3

and to Fat4all and El Topo for the graphics <3

in general, you are a lovely community Gafia.

giphy.gif

Kalor

So Splinter was a recruitable. Depending on the night it happened that might explain why I townread him earlier on.

That was a fun game. I wish I could have done more at the end but it was close.

cabot

Lover is it just me or are you always the cause of my Pain in lylo.

Mgs, election, this.

I was so sure sky was scum after LP flipping, there was little chance of us winning unless you killed me.

cabot

Tough game for me. I really wanted to die on d5. I wasn't going to go out and say it cause then it'd be too easy for scum, though it was pretty obvious.

Had to reboot in lylo. Apologies as I was grumpier than usual

SkyOdin

Good game everyone, it was fun! Thanks for putting this game together and running it, melonrabbit.

Just so you know, I actually went and bought Second Son a few days ago, so I now get most of the flavor that was going over my head at first.

Good job on fooling most of us into thinking you were town, Splinter. I didn't notice any huge change in your behavior after your recruitment.

*Splinter

Cabot you saw through it but didn't follow up on it. Bussing is always the way to go :p
Kawl may disagree

He only had to win that one lynch.

Well done Splinter :)
Yup, when town has settled on a list with at least one town in it, I don't need to worry about which order they lynch in.

Of course, this would have been a much better plan if I could just use my power on the last day. I fucked up by killing SkyOdin and was worried Cabot/Kalor would realise they could just vote no lynch.

*Splinter

Oh I have one minor grumble, there was that Kyanrute doublevote where we were waiting ages for a vote count, in the end getting dangerously close to the end of the phase (and we needed to turbo I think?).

I'm not aiming that at melon because noone has to be available all the time, but we have season mods, overseers, reviewers etc etc. Someone should have been able to at least verify the double.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the work everyone does to make these games run smoothly, just highlighting that because it (almost) affected the game. Maybe not enough people have access to the game setup so noone could verify? Maybe just bad luck.

cabot

I will admit I did townread Kalor after hammering scum twice, but I was pretty certain of Sky. When he flipped I sort of just thought the simplest answer wins. There was too much evidence in favour of splinter not being scum.

Through pseudo-statistical distribution:

1. [f] WaffleTaco– ??
  2. [m] Zeusy– ??
  3. [m] Ri'Orius– ??
  4. [m] OceanicAir– ??
  5. [m] TheGoddamn– ??
  6. [m] Kyanrute– ??
  7. [m] batsnacks– [TOWN]
  8. [m] CCS– ??
  9. [m] Bronx-Man– ??
  10. [m] SkyOdin– ??
  11. [m] AbsolutBro– [TOWN]
  12. [m] cabot– ??
  13. [m] Blargonaut– [TOWN]
  14. [m] Dusk Soldier– [TOWN]
  15. [m] Timeaisis– [TOWN]
  16. [m] Lone_Prodigy– ??
  17. [m] *Splinter– ??
  18. [m] Kawl_USC– [TOWN]
  19. [m] isaacnukem– ??
  20. [m] Zippedpinhead– ??
  21. [m] Flame_AC– ??
  22. [m] Kalor– ??
  23. [m] acohrs– [TOWN]
Taking into account randomisation of spread, and likelihood dependencies on Mafia-to-Mafia roster slot distances:

1. [f] WaffleTaco–
  2. [m] Zeusy–
  3. [m] Ri'Orius–
  4. [m] OceanicAir–
  5. [m] TheGoddamn–
  6. [m] Kyanrute– [TOWN?]
  7. [m] batsnacks– [TOWN]
  8. [m] CCS– [NEUTRAL?]
  9. [m] Bronx-Man–
  10. [m] SkyOdin–
  12. [m] cabot–
  16. [m] Lone_Prodigy–
  17. [m] *Splinter–
  18. [m] Kawl_USC– [TOWN]
  19. [m] isaacnukem–
  20. [m] Zippedpinhead–
  21. [m] Flame_AC–
  22. [m] Kalor–
  23. [m] acohrs– [TOWN]
Known information; if there are 23 players, so likely 4-5 Mafia (20%), 16-18 Town (remainder), 1-2 Neutrals (wildcards). 6 out of ~17 Town pool confirmed as Town so 11 left to plot, and 1 Neutral claimant.

Informed estimate: (6+1+1?)/17T | 0/4M | (1?)/2N

Application of alignment concentration theory to fill in gaps:

1. [f] WaffleTaco–
  2. [m] Zeusy–
  3. [m] Ri'Orius– MAFIA PROBABILITY -> SUSPECT 1/4
  4. [m] OceanicAir– MAFIA PROBABILITY
  5. [m] TheGoddamn/Swamped–
  6. [m] Kyanrute– [TOWN?]
  7. [m] batsnacks– [TOWN]
  8. [m] CCS– [NEUTRAL?]
  9. [m] Bronx-Man– MAFIA PROBABILITY
  10. [m] SkyOdin– HIGH MAFIA PROBABILITY -> SUSPECT 2/4
  12. [m] cabot– HIGH MAFIA PROBABILITY -> SUSPECT 3/4
  16. [m] Lone_Prodigy–
  17. [m] *Splinter–
  18. [m] Kawl_USC– [TOWN]
  19. [m] isaacnukem– MAFIA PROBABILITY
  20. [m] Zippedpinhead– HIGH MAFIA PROBABILITY -> SUSPECT 4/4
  21. [m] Flame_AC– MAFIA PROBABILITY
  22. [m] Kalor–
  23. [m] acohrs– [TOWN]
Mafia scatter. Mafia more likely to be nestled in slots of high surrounding Town concentration, or else in wide swathe of unknown territory. New players unlikely to be Mafia-aligned. Neutral(s) may be anywhere, scatter tendency unknowable.

o m e n

F O R E T O L D

1/4

1/4

S t a t i s t i c s

25% a c c u r a t e
H i t R a t i o
H A C K U R A T E

hi Zipped; if it's not too much trouble, could you pop back in to the scum chat for a sec and tell Dusk to defend himself, sry ty

"defend himself"

was Vigilante

C
A
P
A
B
L
E

*Splinter, would you ever consider betraying cabot like Kawl betrayed me?

f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D
f O R E S H A D O W E D

OiPhAeo.gif

Swamped

Banned
Congrats scum! This was the first time I stepped in as a replacement, and it was really fun. Thanks Melon for the awesome game!

GG everyone! Poor cabot.

melon, I very much enjoyed the flavor and roles and everything in this one - it was really well written.

Thank you, Monkey. Looking forward to Buffy. I'm sure you'll do amazingly!

Just so we're clear: I won

Oh, you.

I should go back to second son.

What are Sucker Punch even doing right now its been ages.

giphy.gif

Need my inFAMOUS fix.

Oh I have one minor grumble, there was that Kyanrute doublevote where we were waiting ages for a vote count, in the end getting dangerously close to the end of the phase (and we needed to turbo I think?).

I'm not aiming that at melon because noone has to be available all the time, but we have season mods, overseers, reviewers etc etc. Someone should have been able to at least verify the double.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the work everyone does to make these games run smoothly, just highlighting that because it (almost) affected the game. Maybe not enough people have access to the game setup so noone could verify? Maybe just bad luck.

That was completely my bad.

I wasn't as vigilant with the thread that day as I could've been and I was aware that Kyan was (likely) going to be using his ability that day. I felt just awful about it and I hope that it didn't impact the level of enjoyment anyone had with the game.

I agree with you. You don't sound ungrateful. Feedback is vital to the community for growth and ensuring we maximum the fun and murder. The system does need some improvements, especially in those rare instances where no mod(s) or overseers are around.

Just so you know, I actually went and bought Second Son a few days ago, so I now get most of the flavor that was going over my head at first.

One of us. One of us.

Thank you Melon for making this game, it was a pleasure and fun, but also frustrating.

Thank you, Waffle. Glad you enjoyed your first Gafia game. I hope one day we are able to play together :)

F O R E T O L D

I expect nothing less of you.

Congrats scum! This was the first time I stepped in as a replacement, and it was really fun. Thanks Melon for the awesome game!

Thank you for subbing Swamped.

I'm so so sorry that mean Bronx killed you ;__;

Thank you for all the nice comments guys.

Wonderful for my ego.

giphy.gif

Now, my next game that's gonna be fun.

Top Bottom