• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

I may help monkey and Kark with their next games, if they still want it, but I'm otherwise done. Our ratio of shitposters and coasters to quality players is way too low, and a lot of people don't seem to have improved. The same issues that made me stop playing last time still exist as well. Disheartening.

I do want you to help (and I have new stuff in there!) and I hope you don't leave. I give you a hard time but I very much value your play.

oh lord, y'all need to see TTK's scum thread posts leading up to my death.

I cannot wait - I'll check when I can!

mvp is kikimon, for me <3

You are the best of spiders but DAMNED IF I DIDN'T SECOND GUESS MYSELF INTO NEAR OBLIVION, AND OFTEN. I'm so concerned about being wrong - not mislynching, just being wrong - that I'm too open to listening to other things. I need to trust myself. I had all the stuff put together on Swamped and I just friggen ignored it because reasons, who knows, clouds, shiny things, whatever. I almost fell for the Blarg-as-neutral and I had the (admittedly vague) red check my damn self! and then I was like, surely ttk wouldn't use the same ploy Blarg had and yet I'd been scum-reading ttk for days!

dammit, timetokill! fist-shake of admiration

So I'm going to go away from this with a hard lesson in trusting my dang research and myself. Too often another argument would pop up and I'd be like, oh, maybe that's it... surely everyone knows more than me, I don't know anything... dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dr. Worm

Banned
But who instilled you with that rage?

That's right!

#biggestego

#bestego

I expect my check to be postmarked by tomorrow.

Bw0iWvj.jpg

You are the best of spiders but DAMNED IF I DIDN'T SECOND GUESS MYSELF INTO NEAR OBLIVION, AND OFTEN. I'm so concerned about being wrong - not mislynching, just being wrong - that I'm too open to listening to other things. I need to trust myself. I had all the stuff put together on Swamped and I just friggen ignored it because reasons, who knows, clouds, shiny things, whatever. I almost fell for the Blarg-as-neutral and I had the (admittedly vague) red check my damn self! and then I was like, surely ttk wouldn't use the same ploy Blarg had and yet I'd been scum-reading ttk for days!

dammit, timetokill! fist-shake of admiration

So I'm going to go away from this with a hard lesson in trusting my dang research and myself. Too often another argument would pop up and I'd be like, oh, maybe that's it... surely everyone knows more than me, I don't know anything... dumb, dumb, dumb.

No one knows what they're doing. You will never know what you're doing. That's the only truth in mafia.

...Besides red-checks.

SkyOdin

I still think it's kind of incredible that Blarg almost convinced you all to not lynch him.
That was probably my fault. My prediction to how town would react to my role claim was significantly off the mark. These atypical roles need a manual.

That was probably my fault. My prediction to how town would react to my role claim was significantly off the mark. These atypical roles need a manual.

The correct play for that role would have been to bait a night kill to avoid any negative consequences from a lynch (I don't think the doctor benefit is worth it since odds are you'd fail to stop the kill anyway). Once you were confirmed by the cop though I don't think there was any reason to not claim since you wouldn't (shouldn't) be lynched regardless, so I don't think there was anything wrong with your play really. Scum just did a decent job of throwing shade on the cop results.

Dr. Worm

Banned
This is the best thing ever. Between this and Launch pulling out that NX contract, this weekend has been bomb.

This is a bribe so that you stop scumreading me.

You were fine because of the cop check; I don't think your claim made any difference one way or another, really.

Sorian

Banned

Usually I point to the mafiascum wiki here but the article on beloved princess just shits all over the role and says it's terrible so that probably doesn't help :p

Sorian

Banned
This is a bribe so that you stop scumreading me.

You were fine because of the cop check; I don't think your claim made any difference one way or another, really.

Don't be scummy!
By association!

I think both of my scum reads on you have been because of other players more than you.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I still think it's kind of incredible that Blarg almost convinced you all to not lynch him.

Italicized scum:

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut (8)
hey_monkey 2175 2581
Burbeting 2178
Palmer_v1 2180
LaunchpadMcQ 2183 2291
SkyOdin 2276
acohrs 2407 2615
Nomadic Sparks 2408 2723
isaacnukem 2434 2596
Dr. Worm 2504 2509
Lifeline 2666 2721
hey_monkey 2704
Dr. Worm 2712
Darryl 2793
Lifeline 2841 2883
LaunchpadMcQ 2924
BlackBuzzard 3152

Nomadic Sparks (5)
timetokill 2361 2438
Lifeline 3002
Verelios 3003
acohrs 3053
timetokill 3055
Blargonaut 3078

Don't let Blarg's braggadocio pull the wool over your eyes, now.

SkyOdin

Mafia chat threads always make it sound like scum is having a lot of fun. Well, until Day/Night 3 did their damage to scum team. Then ttk had a blast killing Palmer.

Sawneeks

Banned
Ya'll townies are the worst

But at least the real pizza topping won in the end. So all you pro Pineapple people gotta pack your bags, we're kicking all of you out now that the results are in.

#NotSorry

Dr. Worm

Banned
Tomorrow

"I am sorry I was absent, did something scummy, barely explained my actions, and let everyone scattered brained at the end of the day. Lost track of time LoL" - Swamped

"OMG swamped. No worries :))" - Blarg

"Eh. Kinda scummy. I'll keep an eye on it but I'll let you pass." - Burbeting

"God damn you swamped. Okay then moving on. Who next? Darryl?" - Palmer

I had a good chuckle every time I read this post. I imagined all those quotes with voices and everything - Swamped in a conceited, hurt tone rattling it out, Blarg giggling like a schoolgirl, Burb with the slow and deep intonation, and Palmer just bursting at the cheeks with good old-fashioned RRRRRAAAGGGEEE

Seriously, though, you were all great players and great to play with, and Sophia's even greater for putting up with our not-greatness

Palmer_v1

I said before I never ended a day on non-scum, but I already forgot about BB. I didn't actually think he was scum, either. Just wanted that delicious info.

I pretty much tried to save Blarg because it was a numbers game at that point... I knew if it was down to two already then we'd be really fucked.

Then of course it went down to 1, lol

Sophia

I pretty much tried to save Blarg because it was a numbers game at that point... I knew if it was down to two already then we'd be really fucked.

Then of course it went down to 1, lol

Personally, I think you guys should have cut your losses and let Blarg be lynched. It's a hard situation tho, because you have to decide between being down a number, being able to build town cred, and blending in.

Personally, I think you guys should have cut your losses and let Blarg be lynched. It's a hard situation tho, because you have to decide between being down a number, being able to build town cred, and blending in.

Yeah, that might've been the better option, but then again I would've been down to just myself either way, so I'm not sure how much it would have affected the outcome since 30 had already gathered a lot of scum points by then XD

Sawneeks

Banned
the battle may have been won, but it seems the war rages eternal

Nonsense, this war has been settled. Pineapple is now outlawed in all of Gafia and peace reigns! People don't have to worry about poisoned pineapples, mysterious vigilantes, or a naked man covered in cheese jumping from a roof.

We just have to stop those who wish to return us to those dark times. Like BB.

Ourobolus

Banned
Nonsense, this war has been settled. Pineapple is now outlawed in all of Gafia and peace reigns! People don't have to worry about poisoned pineapples, mysterious vigilantes, or a naked man covered in cheese jumping from a roof.

We just have to stop those who wish to return us to those dark times. Like BB.
I believe you indulged in a pineapple pizza during this very game

I applaud you

Natiko

Banned
I died pretty early, but I think I had one pizza during this. There was no pineapple to be seen of course because I'm not a monster.

Lifeline, wherever you may be, I hope you'll return and play with them with me

You're just like me, yes

Look into your heart and you'll know this to be true

2gether4ever

Sorian

Banned
Lifeline, wherever you may be, I hope you'll return and play with them with me

You're just like me, yes

Look into your heart and you'll know this to be true

2gether4ever

I'm convinced that Blarg is playing some larger mafia game and he's the cult leader, always looking for recruits while everyone else fights it out so he can reign supreme over the ashes.

TOWN TOPPINGS (DELUXE PICK 4): hey_monkey, LaunchpadMcQ, Darryl, Burbeting

Attentive, fearless and engaging, HM stepped up to the trial and got me fired; it's right, to not be afraid of being so, so wrong. Yes, congrats HM, you've earned an underlined spot in the Sorian tier of my leaderboard having done so far more efficiently and effortlessly than he did when actually founding that tier. Oh yes, welcome to GAFia now, HM. WELCOME TO GAFIA NOW.

Overall, LaunchpadMcQ did pretty good for a new guy, and being a replacement too? That D2 belongs to you, friend; fine work, LaunchpadMcQ! Beginner's luck, and more!!1!1!!1

Darryl tunneled out, just like I warned you all he would. Dude even made a NETWORK of passages for you. I hope you all appreciate the Days he spent shovelling your shits for my giggles

And, I said it before; Burbeting makes some of the best reads around, Nintendo be praised. Bear too strong, indeed. Always listen to the Burb, cubs.

STUFFY CRUST? Palmer_v1

Patient zero of the Ordinaries, patience: 0 for everyone else. Thanks to TTK, now plain zero. You utter bollocks, I will personally allow you to retire for now but you'd best believe I'm dragging you out of hell into hell for Diablo [Mafia], u

NOTES:
- Lifeline, remember way back when when you asked me what I would do if I were mod-confirmed Town you, and I said, "Gloat more?" Played you like dough, bruv. Shouldn't have listened to me, mate. Undermined your cred fort in a single fell move. Never hand me the opportunity to pour honeyed advice into thine ear upon a platter stone. NEVER. Anyway, know I'd be happy to conspire with you any Day :eek:
- 30yearsofhurt, Irina Shayk I think
- Nomadic Sparks, william-shatner_wtf.wad
- StanleyPalmtree, thanks for letting me crash in your pineapple man, I'll pay you back soon don't worry
- acohrs, please know I didn't mean it when I appended "fucking" as your plot-descriptive adjective that one time on D2. All CGI, you understand. You know I appreciate you, friend! <3 We need more proper D1's together
- Fucking Sorian you, this still only counts as 'none'​

Deserved by: Blargonaut

ikFvq0N.gif

roytheone

Ya'll townies are the worst

But at least the real pizza topping won in the end. So all you pro Pineapple people gotta pack your bags, we're kicking all of you out now that the results are in.

#NotSorry

I thought we talked about this Sawneeks, about how this is all an evil scheme of robot Sophia to divide gafia!

She didn't got to you, did she?

Oh..... Oh No.

Attentive, fearless and engaging, HM stepped up to the trial and got me fired; it's right, to not be afraid of being so, so wrong. Yes, congrats HM, you've earned an underlined spot in the Sorian tier of my leaderboard having done so far more efficiently and effortlessly than he did when actually founding that tier. Oh yes, welcome to GAFia now, HM. WELCOME TO GAFIA NOW.

Aww, Blarg, you're the nicest and the best. A++++, would lynch again.

Top Bottom