• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Sorian

Banned
There were no neutrals, btw.

Another GAF tradition dies.

At least we buried this shit pineapple argument. As per the by-laws, it has been decided by mafia that no one is allowed to publicly show their appreciation of pineapple pizza over literally any other kind of pizza.

At least we buried this shit pineapple argument. As per the by-laws, it has been decided by mafia that no one is allowed to publicly show their appreciation of pineapple pizza over literally any other kind of pizza.

Agreed

I felt absolutely filthy playing this role

FILTHY

Sorian

Banned
Where's their win? Or loss?

I expected their loss to come with the rest of the role cards. I wanted to #believe

You guys should've seen the wreckage when I joined lol

"Damn it why did I agree to sub into this game" lol

I don't envy you at all, I really thought there were at least two of you left, that's rough being alone among 11 people.

Gotta write out an entire fake role in scum chat first so you have everything sorted and can refer to it later :p

Agreed

I felt absolutely filthy playing this role

FILTHY

you're the worst except you're right about godforsaken pineapple.

I wanna see the spec and scum threads. I bet they were more entertaining than us trying desperately to eat each other.

ALSO SKY YOU LIVED ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE END HOLY SHIT

Sorian

Banned

I wanna see the spec and scum threads. I bet they were more entertaining than us trying desperately to eat each other.

17967-Audience-Clapping-Gif.gif

Sophia

Barring the OP nature of scum not revealing their role card on death (lol not bastard, lol 6-7 on crab scale), good work.

I love being closer after the other pitcher has done all the real work.

Ouro OK'd it. Send all your balance complaints regarding that role to him. :p

I had three specific design philosophies I was working with regarding this game: No neutrals, no private chats, and different roles from what I had in TPIR/Persona. The game was somewhat experimental, and trying to balance the Role madness side without becoming outright bastard was difficult.

This was seriously a great team effort from town, though

Read the D2 lynch, it was honestly nigh-miraculous

Yeah, despite one or two issues, town did very impressive this game. I was worried about a specific balancing issue, but it never came into play due to Swamped, Verelios, and Blarg being killed almost back to back.

As for the roles of the remaining players:

Nomadic was the Doctor; couldn't target the same target twice.
Issac was a commuter
Darryl was a backup cop. He would have gotten 1-shot if hey_monkey had died in any manner.
SkyOdin was a Beloved Princess: If he had been lynched, a day phase would have been skipped. However he would have become a 1-shot doctor in death, with the chance to prevent one of the two night kills.

Sorian

Banned
Ouro OK'd it. Send all your balance complaints regarding that role to him. :p

Yeah, despite one or two issues, town did very impressive this game. I was worried about a specific balancing issue, but it never came into play due to Swamped, Verelios, and Blarg being killed almost back to back.

Issac was a commuter
Darryl was a backup cop. He would have gotten 1-shot if hey_monkey had died in any manner.
SkyOdin was a Beloved Princess: If he had been lynched, a day phase would have been skipped. However he would have become a 1-shot doctor in death, with the chance to prevent one of the two night kills.

Ouro also OK'd WWE. I don't understand why people still allow him to balance games.

See, y'all coulda lynched me* but it's okay, you hammered that shit. And I forgot about Sky's conditional! He mentioned it but said... what, that he didn't have the details?

*this is only to say I was and am willing to die to kill pineapple pizza

Sorian

Banned

Issac was a commuter

Fancy

Also, when did isaac commute?

Sophia

Fancy

Also, when did isaac commute?

Night 2 was the only time. He had two shots.

Full role list from my spreadsheet, if anyone was curious:

Nomadic Sparks - Doctor
Lifeline - Innocent Child
Burbeting - Vigilante
isaacnukem - Commuter
hey_monkey - Alignment Cop
Natiko - Miller
SexyFish - Doublevoter
Darryl - Backup Cop
StanleyPalmtree - Lynchproof
Dr. Worm - Bulletproof
SkyOdin - Beloved Princess
acohrs - Vanilla Town
WhereAreMahDragonz - Vanilla Town
BlackBuzzard - Vanilla Town
LaunchpadMcQ - Vanilla Town
Palmer_v1 - Vanilla Town

timetokill - Godfather
Swamped - Roleblocker
Blargonaut - Strongman
Verelios - Self-Janitor

SkyOdin

See, y'all coulda lynched me* but it's okay, you hammered that shit. And I forgot about Sky's conditional! He mentioned it but said... what, that he didn't have the details?

*this is only to say I was and am willing to die to kill pineapple pizza
Yaaaayyyy, I both survived to the end and won! Definitely new for me. I do feel that I could have contributed more, particularly in these last couple of days. I was actually in the middle of a big post when the hammer fell. :p

Anyways, no I didn't know about the specifics of my post-mortem powers, though I suspected it would either be a doctor or roleblocker action. I just didn't trust my judgement enough to really test it. I'm glad I didn't have to.

Grats everyone, it was a good win for town. Scum team, you guys did good too, it was a fun game. I was second-guessing myself the whole time.

Sophia

Yaaaayyyy, I both survived to the end and won! Definitely new for me. I do feel that I could have contributed more, particularly in these last couple of days. I was actually in the middle of a big post when the hammer fell. :p

Anyways, no I didn't know about the specifics of my post-mortem powers, though I suspected it would either be a doctor or roleblocker action. I just didn't trust my judgement enough to really test it. I'm glad I didn't have to.

Grats everyone, it was a good win for town. Scum team, you guys did good too, it was a fun game. I was second-guessing myself the whole time.

Sorry if that wasn't completely clear. There wasn't intended to be any hidden info there. It stated in the role PM you'd get the chance to prevent one of the two deaths. The additional PM was simply instructions on what to do:

The war to end all wars is here.

Welcome to Pineapple Pizza Mafia.

You are The Child Who Only Orders Cheese Pizza

You are the Town-aligned Beloved Princess

Anyone who'd murder a child over pizza toppings is messed up in the head. If you're seeing this as part of a lynch, shame on you all!

If you are lynched during the day phase, then the following day phase will be skipped. However, you will be given a chance during the next two night phases to prevent the death of a single player. A PM will be sent containing instructions at this point.

If you are killed from any means other then a lynch, then your power will not activate. You will die, and the game will proceed normally.

You may vote on who to remove during the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, and make Pizza lovers everywhere proud!

And here's the message you would have gotten if lynched:

You have been lynched by the other players of the game. How rude of them. You're a child, for crying out loud!

In death, you have become a one shot doctor. During either of the next two night phases, you may protect any target with the command Protect: <player>

You may not join the spectator's thread until the next day phase begins. Likewise, failure to use your power before the next day phase will result in it being lost forever.

"Anyone who'd murder a child over pizza toppings is messed up in the head. If you're seeing this as part of a lynch, shame on you all!"

the darkness of Sky's role was also not a lie. /shudder

SkyOdin

Sorry if that wasn't completely clear. There wasn't intended to be any hidden info there. It stated in the role PM you'd get the chance to prevent one of the two deaths. The additional PM was simply instructions on what to do:

And here's the message you would have gotten if lynched:
It's okay, Sophia, I did get the right general idea. However, it did lead me to think that other people were getting similar stuff withheld from them.

I found the set-up to be pretty interesting though. It was a labyrinth of role claims that challenged everyone's expectations of what would be present in the game.

It's okay, Sophia, I did get the right general idea. However, it did lead me to think that other people were getting similar stuff withheld from them.

I found the set-up to be pretty interesting though. It was a labyrinth of role claims that challenged everyone's expectations of what would be present in the game.

Same, much induced suspicion.

Natiko

Banned
I apologize in advance for all the shit talking in the spec thread lol Was excruciating watching this game slowly end. Nice to have town win again. Can't wait for the next one in six months. GG everyone.

Sophia

Choice quote from mod chat, right as I was replacing 30years with TTK, and Burb sends in a (rescinded) command to shoot 30years:

[5:18 PM] RetroMG: Sophia, I love you dearly, and it's not your fault, but your game is a goddamn dumpster fire.

Verelios

You guys did great. A lot more cooperation and logical thinking than I'm used to from town and it showed.

You're the best pineapple Time, A grade juking and ducking from a really bad situation, hi-5!

RetroMG

So now that PPM is over, it looks like we have to have another talk about player behavior.

Guys, this is a game. Aggressive play is sometimes useful. I get it. Your fellow players are sometimes maddeningly slow. I get that, too. It's frustrating when someone is targeting you for a lynch for apparently no reason at all. Yes, I understand that as well. I used to play this game too, remember?

Guess what? I don't care. It's still just a game.

There is no excuse for some of the behavior we saw in Pineapple Pizza Mafia. None. I saw posts that, if they had been seen by a GAF mod, would have earned the player a two week minimum ban from NeoGAF. Now, fortunately we have a lot of good credit with the GAF mods, and they seem content to let us manage ourselves.

So here's us, managing ourselves. We let a lot of things slide in Pineapple Pizza, for a lot of reasons that we're not going to go into right now. That's not happening anymore. If you cross the line with another player, you're going to get a warning. You do it again, (with ANY player) you're going to be replaced or modkilled. If you go too far over the line, we'll alert the GAF mods, and let you have a week or so to cool off from GAF.

Please be mindful of your language during games. I'm not asking you to say "gosh golly gee," but if you're arming the F-Bomb, you need to cool off and rethink your post.

Please remember that other people are doing this for fun. For most sane people, getting insulted isn't considered fun. I know a few of us are quite deranged, but let's assume that not all of us are.

It has been suggested to me that we are a bit too "Care Bear" here in Gafia. My response is that if you are only playing this game in order to win, and you are all right with stepping on other players in order to do so, then Gafia might not be the place for you. If you are here to play a fun game and make some friends, then you are welcome here in Gafia.

RetroMG

I'm sorry to bring down the mood, but it needed to be addressed. Congratulations, Town!

We'll be starting signups for a new game, by CrimsonFist, very shortly.

Sorian

Banned
Kudos to Natiko for playing it out, proud of you for that by the way.

What needs to be said about day 2 is really summed up above. I have thick skin but I shouldn't have to be reading a game I'm not even a part of (yet) and find myself getting shit talked, at least some trash talk can be excused as intimidation for game purposes but no excuse to drag in someone else over a year old butt hurt.

What needs to be said about day 2 is really summed up above. I have thick skin but I shouldn't have to be reading a game I'm not even a part of (yet) and find myself getting shit talked, at least some trash talk can be excused as intimidation for game purposes but no excuse to drag in someone else over a year old butt hurt.

Did that happen to you too?

Top Bottom