• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Natiko

Banned
No worries about hard feelings or anything on my end. I was pretty frustrated in the moment, but I cooled off especially once more time had passed. Not saying what all went down was acceptable, just wanted to make it known I'm not going to hold a grudge or anything.

Hawaiian pizza is still the best pizza. Aside from all the shouting(you folks love to shout at each other), I thought it was a fun game. Thanks to the mods and everyone else :)

Sorry if I didn't contribute reads. I can only play on mobile so that's why my posts rarely reach a hundred characters, and why my playing style involves more reliance on my gut and textbook Mafia strategies.

Darryl

Banned
Sorry if I didn't contribute reads. I can only play on mobile so that's why my posts rarely reach a hundred characters, and why my playing style involves more reliance on my gut and textbook Mafia strategies.

You posted enough that each time I went to type in a vote for you, I deleted it because it just didn't feel right

Oh, makes sense. I find mobile pretty hard to manage.

You posted enough that each time I went to type in a vote for you, I deleted it because it just didn't feel right

Would agree, just couldn't really square it after the beginning stuff. Just figured it was adjustment.

Palmer_v1

LOL this:

"Because you were raised in a fictional place"

#teambear

ALSO MY EDITS ARE BACK

Hey now, my theory was mostly correct D2. I literally never ended a day without my vote on scum. No idea why people wanted me and burb to be scum so badly. We're both just rational players.

Exactly 75% of the players all had a role. It was comparable to other role madness games we've had in the past, and I did note it was on the saner end of the scale.

A lot of that 75% still had passive roles.

i don't even wanna see palmer's reaction in the dead thread to finding out ttk was scum

There was never really any doubt in my mind. Too much of town wanted it to be more complicated than it actually was.

Dr. Worm

Banned
What was Isaac's flavor?

I'm guessing that my flavor was supposed to hint at the meat lover also having kill immunity. Was there reasoning behind that name/role combo?

Sophia

Retro should hopefully have the threads opened up for everyone soon. Here is the spreadsheet for now with role names, setup, and actions. The role PMs are on my design board at GAFia (hence, the random formatting error that appeared in one or two of them.)

I hear you about the difficulty of posting on mobile. I did it for all of day 3 of Gods, and it was painful. x.x;

What was Isaac's flavor?

I'm guessing that my flavor was supposed to hint at the meat lover also having kill immunity. Was there reasoning behind that name/role combo?

This was actually one of the roles that got changed during development, but after I had written the role PM. Therefore, it didn't match up as well as the others.

The war to end all wars is here.

Welcome to Pineapple Pizza Mafia.

You are the Meat Lover Supreme Fan

You are the Town Commuter.

You grew up around a butcher shop, and you inheritied it from your father. Therefore, you know: the more meats the better on your pizza.

Pepproni, Chicken, Sasuage, Ham, Bacon, Meatballs, Salami... Yes, even Salami. Yes, you're aware it's technically just sausage.

You hate anything else, and you definitely hate pineapple on Pizza. And you'll hide in the butcher shop's freezer just to get away from it all.

Twice per game, during any night phase, you may choose to commute by sending the moderator a PM with the command I Need Meats[/hightlight].

Any night phase in which you are commuting, you will be protected from all night actions.

You may also vote on who to remove during the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, and make Pizza lovers everywhere proud!

What was Isaac's flavor?

Hawaiian pizza.

But seriously, it hinted my role? I'd post mine but I'll just wait for Sophia to post every role there is.

The war to end all wars is here.

Welcome to Pineapple Pizza Mafia.

You are the Meat Lover Supreme Fan

You are the Town Commuter.

You grew up around a butcher shop, and you inheritied it from your father. Therefore, you know: the more meats the better on your pizza.

Pepproni, Chicken, Sasuage, Ham, Bacon, Meatballs, Salami... Yes, even Salami. Yes, you're aware it's technically just sausage.

You hate anything else, and you definitely hate pineapple on Pizza. And you'll hide in the butcher shop's freezer just to get away from it all.

Twice per game, during any night phase, you may choose to commute by sending the moderator a PM with the command I Need Meats.

Any night phase in which you are commuting, you will be protected from all night actions.

You may also vote on who to remove during the day phase.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, and make Pizza lovers everywhere proud!
Oh wait, I didn't see the command? I'm almost sure I'd remember if I had one.

Also, won't I die if I freeze to death on the freezer?

Also, woohoo, I did all Hawaiian pizza lovers everywhere proud :)

PS: checked my role PM and it indeed had a command. Sorry, didn't notice it, thanks for receiving my action that night anyway!

Darryl

Banned
Hey now, my theory was mostly correct D2. I literally never ended a day without my vote on scum. No idea why people wanted me and burb to be scum so badly. We're both just rational players.

A lot of that 75% still had passive roles.

There was never really any doubt in my mind. Too much of town wanted it to be more complicated than it actually was.

The reasoning was obvious. Me, LL, and Launch started looking at Swamped. You two, :hey, over there!:

Then WAMD dies, so obviously someone was listening in on our conversation to order a day lynch. WAMD dying would have cleared Swamped. So if it was town vig, why kill WAMD and not just Swamped? So it seemed like a scum vig, which meant they were trying to alter the discussions to clear Swamped.

Palmer_v1

me, hey_monkey, palmer and stanley getting ICED

Eh? If you mean Retro's post, it was mostly me, though I guess they thought natiko had also crossed a line? I personally preferred that natiko came back at me, as did Sawneeks, I think. Others just whined about it to mods(Sorry Sophia) or wilted under pressure and dropped. It's fun playing with most of you, but I'm simply incompatible with the thin-skinned people. GAFIA really needs newbie specific games so people at least get the basics first.

I may help monkey and Kark with their next games, if they still want it, but I'm otherwise done. Our ratio of shitposters and coasters to quality players is way too low, and a lot of people don't seem to have improved. The same issues that made me stop playing last time still exist as well. Disheartening.

Hopefully the mods stick to their guns and start mod killing people instead of always doing replacements. People might show up to play if they know their team will get fucked directly by their lack of participation.

Palmer_v1

The reasoning was obvious. Me, LL, and Launch started looking at Swamped. You two, :hey, over there!:

Then WAMD dies, so obviously someone was listening in on our conversation to order a day lynch. WAMD dying would have cleared Swamped. So if it was town vig, why kill WAMD and not just Swamped? So it seemed like a scum vig, which meant they were trying to alter the discussions to clear Swamped.

I was just going at the Swamped issue from the other end. 30 was shady as shit, and him being sucm is the only thing that made sense for Swamped to have swapped votes. His flip would have settled Swamped's fate for me.

Also good lord at anyone who thought Verelios wasn't scum when we got that non-flip. C'mon!

Sorian

Banned
I was just going at the Swamped issue from the other end. 30 was shady as shit, and him being sucm is the only thing that made sense for Swamped to have swapped votes. His flip would have settled Swamped's fate for me.

Also good lord at anyone who thought Verelios wasn't scum when we got that non-flip. C'mon!

You gasped at miller in a non bastard game but you assumed self-cleaning janitor?

Sorian

Banned
Sorian plz

I ok'd nothing in WWE and was ignored

Let's check the tapes!

All right, I'll go more in-depth here.

1. To be perfectly honest, I will take the hit and say that I totally glazed over the fact that a recruiter + doublevoter is insane. I'll own up to that one, that was my own idiocy.

2. Yes and no. Look at CzarTim in Woof. Hider can be a useful role, but Kalor outed himself on D1 (as did several others). So yes, his time was definitely running short, since Mafia would never bother actually trying to hit him.

So feel free to throw many complaints at me, I'm fine with it - I've said it before - I'm not perfect when it comes to this stuff and I definitely make mistakes. I'm done modding after this season anyway, so you can be free from my apparent shenanigans.

Some things, however horrible they are, can also serve as public lessons. While I could have brought it up to nin beforehand (and for some things, I did), players who may have had some crazy ideas in mind know that this is a no-no for the future.

Palmer_v1

Did that happen to you too?

lol Yes, I saw yours too.

You gasped at miller in a non bastard game but you assumed self-cleaning janitor?

Miller was just the tip. By the time I got adjusted to that intrustion, I was good and ready for something like a self-janitor.

Catch up on the thread and you'll see! (don't, it's mostly a trainwreck outside of Burb, me, worm, and monkey?)

Sorian

Banned
Miller was just the tip. By the time I got adjusted to that intrustion, I was good and ready for something like a self-janitor.

Catch up on the thread and you'll see! (don't, it's mostly a trainwreck outside of Burb, me, worm, and monkey?)

I read just enough for my own sanity lol. Still seems weirdly OP (next to a godfather) and that comes from me who plays loose with the bastard definition and doesn't really think gf and Miller are bastard.

Sophia

Eh? If you mean Retro's post, it was mostly me, though I guess they thought natiko had also crossed a line? I personally preferred that natiko came back at me, as did Sawneeks, I think. Others just whined about it to mods(Sorry Sophia) or wilted under pressure and dropped. It's fun playing with most of you, but I'm simply incompatible with the thin-skinned people. GAFIA really needs newbie specific games so people at least get the basics first.

I may help monkey and Kark with their next games, if they still want it, but I'm otherwise done. Our ratio of shitposters and coasters to quality players is way too low, and a lot of people don't seem to have improved. The same issues that made me stop playing last time still exist as well. Disheartening.

Hopefully the mods stick to their guns and start mod killing people instead of always doing replacements. People might show up to play if they know their team will get fucked directly by their lack of participation.

I'm not naming names or giving specifics, but the issues were more than just one player. It wasn't just you. Gonna leave it at that, tho, because it's over and dealt with.

Also, personally from my point of view I felt the players we had this game were really good. On the whole, it seemed like almost everyone was on the right track, and giving it their all from both sides. And the votes alone show that town brought their A-game to the table. Very few people were coasting too; almost everyone made the new post requirement every day phase, and a lot of player surpassed it easily. There's more than double the posts of the last game I hosted solo.

Ok, not nothing. But still, there was a lot that I wasn't a fan of.

My feelings are sufficiently hurt so I'll stop modding ;_;

Nuuu! Ouro! You are best mod! Pls halp continue balancing games ;_;

Natiko

Banned
Yeah, I will say it felt like more people were actually playing this game than in most lately. On the other hand I can't help but wonder if we only won because the scum team had such high turnover.

I think scum got off to a bad start when Swamped jumped wagons on the first day, resulting in a no-lynch of all things. Five minutes before the day ends. Was there a reason why she did that?

grats players and gm for completing pineapple pizza mafia :>

GG town

vere and titok, ty for responding to my emergency hail and subbing into a difficult position <3 (specially pooh bear, you are the best <3)

both palmers are terrible people >:3

mvp is kikimon, for me <3

launches and puffy, great to see you both back amg :D

sky-o, congrats on living until the end \o/ another curse broken! yay!

bear and one of the palmers, nice showing how to scumhunt :>

soph, well done on modding a bunch of unruly kids who wars over pizza toppings :3

pineapple pizzas are the worst

congrats town on victory :D

roytheone

Gg everyone, this was the best town we had in a long time (if we ignore day 3 where town suddenly got dumb for some reason :) Also props to TTK who did a good job in a hard position.

It was unfortunate that this game got very nasty at multiple points, and we actually came very close to modkilling 2 people. There is a big chance two players will never come back to this community because of their experience in this game and that is of course something we should always strife for to prevent :(

Another GAF tradition dies.

At least we buried this shit pineapple argument. As per the by-laws, it has been decided by mafia that no one is allowed to publicly show their appreciation of pineapple pizza over literally any other kind of pizza.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u5.jpg

Top Bottom