• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ACLU Complaint: Teacher assaulted, harassed 11yo Muslim student, invoked Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Imagine if this was your child. I can't. I'll never have kids, but I just can't imagine having this happen to my son. I'd be livid.

Squalor

I am generalizing because most Americans who behave like that think they are Christians. Of course no real Christian acts like that, just like no real Muslim goes around exploding people.
If she's Christian, which she likely is because this is Arizona, the United States, and her behavior is hat of a zealot's, she's as real as any other Christian.

Kinyou

1SP9ZIj.png
Pure evil. What the fuck.

Then please, provide us your definition of terrorism.

I think the use of intimidation here falls into "terror", this may be a racially motivated circumstance rather than a politically motivated one, but the two topics are so highly intertwined that it makes little sense differentiating.

This could easily fall into an act of "terrorism". I'm surprised people disagree with you.

If she's Christian, which she likely is because this is Arizona, the United States, and her behavior is hat of a zealot's, she's as real as any other Christian.

The real Christ dined with beggars, prostitutes, lepers, and the general list of what society then considered detritus. None of those people would even dare to commit such behaviour.

ShyMel

Revoke her teaching license and lock her up in prison. She is a danger to people and most likely scared the child physically, mentally, and emotionally for life.

It's part of a long list of violent behavior perpetrated on a subset of people based on consistent ideology. It may not be a co-ordinated effort, but it's not like muslim terrorism is a hive mind anyways.
I suppose you are technically correct. I do agree that the teacher has been terrorizing the child, but I wouldn't say he's a terrorist or associated with terrorism in the colloquial sense of the word.

Garlador

"Christian".

"A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another."
"If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink."
"But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you."
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress."
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took me in, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you visited me."

Assumptions aside, these aren't the principles Christ spoke of. Many Americans seem to ignore the basic teachings when it comes to Christianity...

I suppose you are technically correct. I do agree that the teacher has been terrorizing the child, but I wouldn't say he's a terrorist or associated with terrorism in the colloquial sense of the word.

Language is fluid. But if people want to keep gated fences around words for confirmation bias, you know that's not healthy behaviour.

Assumptions aside, these aren't the principles Christ spoke of. Many Americans seem to ignore the basic teachings when it comes to Christianity...

Yes, lately I prefer to call it "Americanism".

I'm sorry for throwing Christian out there, it's just that I hope that treating those people like they treat Muslims might help them realize their error, but this forum is probably not the right venue for that, so I apologize.

Just to mention, technically speaking I'm a Christian (or at least I was raised in a Christian environment) and when I said "Christian terrorist" I didn't mean it as a slight against all Christians.

Garlador

Racism and hate in America? NO WAY!

This depresses me.

Growing up, I would watch shows like Captain Planet and Power Rangers and, in my ignorance, I thought that these hateful, bigoted, racist, xenophobic, and intolerant villains were merely the product of fantasy - that we learned from our mistakes. That we were better now. That the Civil Rights Movement made things right. That me having a black friend wasn't unusual and was cool. That we "made it".

... and now, as an adult, "racism and hate in America? It's EXPECTED".

I sincerely hope my generation and next can fix this. The old hatreds need to die hard and die fast.

Zoe

Language is fluid. But if people want to keep gated fences around words for confirmation bias, you know that's not healthy behaviour.

"Terrorism" has specific legal connotations. Trying to broaden the label to include more crimes is like trying to label all violent crimes as hate crimes or all murderers as mentally insane.

This teacher is pretty much allowing the Republican party to exist into the next generation. She's likely already passed on this ignorance to her kids unless a miracle happens.

Saying that about a 11 year old.

I...continue to be surprised about how low people will sink.

Trump set a mighty low bar so it'll keep going into the ground.

"Terrorism" has specific legal connotations. Trying to broaden the label to include more crimes is like trying to label all violent crimes as hate crimes or all murderers as mentally insane.

I'm making the point, like previous post of mine, that we use to consider shit like Timothy McVeigh, The Troubles in Ireland, just as much terrorist behaviour as any outsider force. The fact that the Bundy family bullshit gets spared the label clearly shows what direction the nation's opinion is taking.

aeolist

Banned
That's just economic anxiety!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...23/how-sexism-drives-support-for-donald-trump

i know this is sarcasm but i found this interesting today and want to post it.

this particular article focuses on sexism but i think the results for racism would be similar since they both correlate strongly to trump support. basically if someone has sexist attitudes they're more likely to support trump over clinton, and when you prime them with various emotions this is amplified or suppressed to a measurable degree. priming with fear led to reduced trump support and priming with anger led to an increase.

basically everyone trying to make excuses for trump supporters this way are dead wrong.

Hillary never should have apologized for the deplorables comment.

Agreed.

We need to stop coddling these fucking deplorables. Coddling them only makes them think they are justified in their words and actions.

They need to be pseudo-purged from society by having every non-deplorable shaming and humiliating them until they go back into hiding.

Otherwise they WILL become the new normal.

Does anyone here want the deplorables to become the new normal?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
That school needs to be closed immediately - horrible all around. And Faye Miles needs to go directly to jail. Disgusting story :(

Servbot24

Banned
"May" be taking it too far.

Understatement of forever. Teacher should have been fired and jailed.

My point is that she is literally following the exact vision Trump has laid out. She's not taking Trump's ideals too far, she's following trump's ideals exactly. Which is what is shocking. This isn't some fringe case. This is what the candidate stands for.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
not sure this is racism

I sense a pattern forming.

In any case, the school website is total garbage - she is actually still employed?

Edit: Used the waybackmachine. If she is still employed, the school is clearly obscuring that fact by crippling their website.

I guess Trump can point to her as one of his African Americans. SMH.

This is really rage-inducing.

And what the hell did those cops think they were doing, not interrogating any of the witnesses? They should be in jail right alongside those ... individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom