• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've been saying it for years, dystopia is completely inevitable at this point. There is literally nothing we can do or hope for to stop it, outside of some miraculous series of events.

Just these three alone guarantee it, in my opinion:

- The growing disparity between the rich and the poor

- Corrupt political and banking systems influenced solely by money and the people that have it.

- Unregulated mass surveillance and data collection from the government and its agencies

But then to add on to that we have:

-The inevitable development of AI, machine laborers, and all the shit that comes with that, armed drones.

-An apathetic and uneducated citizenship

-Unchallenged, unpunished instances of police brutality, cold-blooded murders, etc.

People need to understand, that with the technology possible today, it's truly unlike any other time in fucking history, and nobody can at all predict where this shit is heading.. but the worse case scenarios are all likely to be irreversible, so... Idk, were just fucked in my honest opinion.

*sigh*

Don't forget the very real and inevitable effects of climate change.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Here is the full Abcnews story on this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ice-profiling-nyc-explosion/story?id=42191664
One day after explosive devices were discovered in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea and in Seaside Park and Elizabeth in New Jersey, Republican nominee Donald Trump repeated his calls to implement police profiling to stop more attacks in the United States.

"Our local police, they know who a lot of these people are. They are afraid to do anything about it because they don't want to be accused of profiling and they don't want to be accused of all sorts of things," Trump said on "Fox and Friends" when asked what policies he would implement as president to "get tough" on terrorism.

He argued that the country had no other choice but to follow the lead of Israel.

"Israel has done an unbelievable job, and they will profile. They profile. They see somebody that's suspicious," he said, "they will profile. They will take that person in and check out. Do we have a choice? Look what's going on. Do we really have a choice? We're trying to be so politically correct in our country, and this is only going to get worse."

Trump previously made similar comments. After the Orlando nightclub shooting in June, he said in an interview on "Face the Nation" that it was something the U.S. needed to seriously consider.

That's it. The most benign story ever. What a bunch of cowards.

The risk of a major terrorist attack then is about the same risk as any other time of the year. No sense worrying about it.

It's not like there's anything to be done about it, anyway. Not sure if I agree about the likelihood, though. Trump would make a perfect foil for radical Islamic groups to rally around. I could see a plot to violently sway the election and get him into office in the weeks leading up to the vote.

How about No trump? If you mean vetting someone coming and going out of this country that has the Feds involved than maybe? But proposing shit like this is insane and I will not vote for him if he truly pushes for this extreme racial profiling. Fuck that and fuck you. I have family that are Muslims and if they were to fly over here to visit only to be greeted by this than fuck the local authorities that dare do this too.

Every time a story like this happens, it had less of an impact. First time he wanted to ban muslims or called Mexicans rapists, there was huge blowback, as there should be. Now, it's business as usual. Hopefully, his remarks cause at least a few republicans on the fence to remember what a monster he is.

This is kinda the scary part. Say it often enough (and if circumstances are conducive) and you can actually make the monstrous sound mundane. At some point it even starts making sense to a large enough part of the population.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If this tangerine ends up being President, he's gonna end up bringing back concentration camps.
some conservatives would be all for it

InDefenseOfInternment.jpeg

Shaanyboi

Banned
Every time a story like this happens, it had less of an impact. First time he wanted to ban muslims or called Mexicans rapists, there was huge blowback, as there should be. Now, it's business as usual. Hopefully, his remarks cause at least a few republicans on the fence to remember what a monster he is.
Because the party lines have been drawn. Hopes that Trump's supporters are suddenly going to grow some empathy is little more than a pipedream at this point. They seemingly know what it is they're voting for and embrace it with open arms. As it so happens, that's just about half of the American voting population.

They cut out both the Syrian refugees are Trojan horse for ISIS and cancer line....what the flying fuck.

Suddenly we have to question if our own media, in the face of actual historical fascists like Hitler if they were state grown, would they actually put up a fucking fight and realize the answer incredibly is probably not.

Trump Internment Camps are the classiest and most luxurious Internment camps around. It will be like a 5 star hotel. I guarantee it. You can't find a more classier housing situation in this country, you can't.

Protein

Banned
After Fallon, we should have Trump on Sesame Street, or special guest on a Disney Channel show. He's not such a bad guy after all. It's just comedy, no harm done. I mean, it's not like he's going to be responsible for the suffering and death of countless minority kids or anything.

Weird how Gaf's resident Trump supporters are silent on this. They were all over that 8chan Hillary conspiracy theory earlier...

Trump Internment Camps are the classiest and most luxurious Internment camps around. It will be like a 5 star hotel. I guarantee it. You can't find a more classier housing situation in this country, you can't.
Each one has their own branch of The Sharper Image so you can pick up Trump Steak, which is the finest steak around. Trust me, you'll never have a better steak.

Suddenly we have to question if our own media, in the face of actual historical fascists like Hitler if they were state grown, would they actually put up a fucking fight and realize the answer incredibly is probably not.

Jimmy Fallon just thought it would be HILARIOUS if we brought Hitler on and messed with his moustache a little, so we just HAD to make it happen.

It should be surprising but we've seen the right's boner for fascism growing over the past few years. A lot of people chalked it up to just wanted to say anything negative about Obama but nope, they just like fascism as long as its veiled in an American flag that is.

I don't see anything that says your murderers. It's a scary world, and only getting scarier. It blows me away that there's actually a religion that says murder is a good thing.

Might want to take a closer look at some other religions.

And what the terrorists are doing is a really good metric for what we should be doing right? Like jesus

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
At the very least, this puts the spotlight on Israel's racism that everyone gives a pass.

And plenty of people will still give it a pass, or worse, applaud it since it's in the news again before going back to not caring about Palestinians (and the treatment of Muslims in Israel in general) until the next bit of Palestinian-related news pops up. I don't see that changing for a while, unfortunately. At least Trump's drivel spreads some awareness about the issue, and further highlights how awful he would be as a President.

I don't see anything that says your murderers. It's a scary world, and only getting scarier. It blows me away that there's actually a religion that says murder is a good thing.

Are the terrorists not profiling their targets?

If they are, do you think that we should be stooping to their level?

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind, or thereabouts.

bionic77

It should be surprising but we've seen the right's boner for fascism growing over the past few years. A lot of people chalked it up to just wanted to say anything negative about Obama but nope, they just like fascism as long as its veiled in an American flag that is.
I don't believe this myself, but if you honestly believe that Islam as an ideology is actually evil. And that true followers of it are going to commit senseless acts of violence and are incompatible with a western or modern way of life. To the point where our way of life is actually in danger of being lost because of said ideology. Something that is not just said by our presidential candidate but is often repeated on many news programs, websites, and even on this message board.

If you actually believe that then wouldn't amending the constitution and setting up internment camps and other draconian ideas actually make sense to you?

So all muslims are murderers?

Trump attacked Syrian refugees and called them a cancer and trojan horse for terrorism.

People who have tried to escape ftom the horrors of Syria to escape from ISIS are now being attacked and accused of being their oppressors their murderers... ISIS has killed millions of Syrians but now they're to be profiled, treated like terrorists, like cancer? All in the name of artificial feelings of "safety"?

Brb calling my mom to make sure she's aware that she's a murderer

Baki

Even bigger headline is that he called Muslim americans a "cancer" in society.

What the actual fuck.

This guy is a modern day Hitler.

So all muslims are murderers?

Trump attacked Syrian refugees and called them a cancer and trojan horse for terrorism.

People who have tried to escape ftom the horrors of Syria to escape from ISIS are now being attacked and accused of being their oppressors their murderers... ISIS has killed millions of Syrians but now they're to be profiled, treated like terrorists, like cancer? All in the name of artificial feelings of "safety"?

Hit the nail right on the head here. If only more Americans had this thing called empathy
(for brown people)
they would realize this. I really think that the history books will look at all those governors saying no to Syrian refugees similar to how we denied that boat of Jewish refugees during WW2. Experts are now saying this is the largest displacement of people since then and with Assad's killing and torture of his own people, it's amazing to me that more people aren't connecting these dots.

A. I'm pretty sure a bomb doesn't profile who it kills.
B. If terrorists are your moral compass, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
C. You're really equating Muslims to terrorists, aren't you?
D. Do you really believe these tired, poor, huddled masses were all nice people, and viewed as nice people by local Americans at the time? There's a reason Irish people weren't initially considered white.

WedgeX

Banned

Of the THREE people who successfully committed acts of terror after having immigrated here, how many were murderers beforehand?

Jeels

Have there been any studies done on how effective Israel's policy actually is, and any ramifications it may have had?

Baki

Alright Mr Racist. Tell us how you really feel.

Riposte

I wonder if Trump is going to set it up so that Clinton will have to attack Israel's policies to get to him.

Okay.

Regardless of your third sentence's bullshit, you're seriously advocating for acting like terrorists?

Okay.

Regardless of your third sentence's bullshit, you're seriously advocating for acting like terrorists?

I mean it's the same argument Trump used for torture. "ISIS isn't playing by the rules, why should we?" So that logic is definitely used by certain people on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom