• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Credit goes to excelsiorlef
“Our local police, they know who a lot of these people are. They’re afraid to do anything about it because they don’t want to be accused of profiling,” Donald Trump told Fox & Friends Monday morning. “You know, in Israel they profile. They’ve done an unbelievable job, as good as you can do.”

Trump went on to condemn President Obama for allowing Muslim refugees into the country, decrying the effort to resettle Syrians displaced by war as a “Trojan horse” whose true effect would be to fill America with ISIS agents.

“How they came into the country in the first place is beyond me,” Trump said of legal American residents whom he hopes to represent as president. “This is cancer from within. This is something that’s going to be so tough. They stay together. They’re plotting.”
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/09/trump-after-nyc-bombs-we-need-racial-profiling.html

Friendly reminder before people start posting "watch him get a bump in the polls!"

The last time he ran his mouth over terrorist activity was during the Orlando shooting, and that ended very poorly for him.

Oh, fuck you Trump, you despicable piece of shit. And fuck you again for using Israel as some shining example of how people should be treated.

Man I am so crestfallen with the world and I dont think I can do anything about it.

I cannot bring kids into mess.

Fuck Trump.

My heart goes out to those who were injured but we cannot give into fear and the action of the lowest common denominator.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
“How they came into the country in the first place is beyond me,” Trump said of legal American residents whom he hopes to represent as president.

Modelling assignments probably.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Everything Trump says or references immediately turns to shit by extension, so go figure he goes after the one dam that Russia happens to be knocking on the door of.

It is a clever fire to stoke....... but for absolutely horrifying reasons.

kess

Friendly reminder before people start posting "watch him get a bump in the polls!"

The last time he ran his mouth over terrorist activity was during the Orlando shooting, and that ended very poorly for him.

The amusing thing about this is that most Americans can't tell the difference between an Arab and an Israeli based on looks alone.

I feel like we already do...
Well now we need to to extreme profiling... yuge profiling... and make ISIS pay for it.

Hasn't every single one of these guys been Amercan citizens so far? I don't think any of the recent attacks have been committed by new arrivals to the country but somehow this is the fault of refugees. What is wrong with this man?

antispin

Man I am so crestfallen with the world and I dont think I can do anything about it.

I cannot bring kids into mess.

Fuck Trump.

My heart goes out to those who were injured but we cannot give into fear and the action of the lowest common denominator.

+1. It's worse if you already have kids. The only thing I can think of is to make sure they grow up with the right values, but how much can you mould an independent life? Depressing line of thought.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Always remember that men like Trump would be nothing without the people who eat up their rhetoric. It's not really fuck Trump, it's fuck the Americans who are racist and religious xenophobes. Fuck the Americans who all but literally fetishize Israel. Fuck the Americans who are falling over themselves in zealotry and glee to prostrate themselves before someone who is standing up and openly saying the things Trump says. And finally, fuck the GOP for embracing the madness out of lust for political power.

Our local police, they know who a lot of these people are. They’re afraid to do anything about it because they don’t want to be accused of profiling
Yes, Donald, this is totally grounded in reality, it's very well known and documented that law enforcement doesn't want to appear racist.

“This is cancer from within. This is something that’s going to be so tough. They stay together. They’re plotting.”

Language like this isn't funny or civilized. This is stuff dictators and regimes use to justify atrocities. Seriously if you support this evil, then fuck you.

rjinaz

We should profile Hispanics too. Could be illegal, or worse, rapists. We should probably profile White males while we're at it. Could be pedophiles, or mentally ill gun owners. Actually why don't we just not profile the rich like Trump. They are alright.

WedgeX

Banned
9bCUvUE.jpg

bionic77

People are so stupid that a lot of people would be ok ripping up the Constitution and taking out the things that protect all of us so that we could focus on an unpopular minority in the moment not having the foresight to see how that could bite us all in the ass later on.

And :lol @ using Israel as a good example. We are becoming so stupid that we are looking to the apartheid state as an example of ourselves.

Fuck the Republicans for letting this happen.

Trump: "We need to racially profile! They're coming in and plotting!"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "Herp derp, he's just tellin it like it is!"

Hilary: "Half of his supporters are deplorable"
Trump Supporters and "Both sides" idiots: "How dare she! Wow what a cunt! Such divisiness, and she wants to be president?! Stupid slut whore bitch cunt! She should be trying to appeal to Trump supporters to win them over, understand things from their perspective. That's what a real leader does!"

*rolls eyes*

eizarus

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's on the Statue of Liberty right? It's beautiful. Such a shame that someone who claims to want to bring America to greatness forgets that America has such a rich history when it comes to immigrants and refugees.

WedgeX

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's on the Statue of Liberty right? It's beautiful. Such a shame that someone who claims to want to bring America to greatness forgets that America has such a rich history when it comes to immigrants and refugees.

You are correct.

And it is shameful.

Beyond how bile inducing this all is, it's remarkable he fumbled it this much from a political standpoint. I mean, he had a huge opportunity to say watered down things like "see, this shows I've been right all along on immigration" which could have resonated with a more moderate electorate who might believe Dems aren't on top of security issues. But he had to push it to eleven and say over the top, blatantly discriminatory stuff. Who does this convince that wasn't already in love with his bullshit ?

Edit: at least, we're finally dropping the usual "racism doesn't exist against a religion" fuckery. What Israel does is very explicitly xenophobic (against Palestinian) and racist (against Israeli arabs).

Chaplain

Is he talking about stuff like this?

In Israel, staying alert for terror is a way of life

Israeli airline security officials rely on a combination of technical and interview techniques, and they have effectively ended hijackings that plagued Israeli flights for some time. It is unlike the United States, where some rights groups object to profiling threats based on race and where toddlers and the infirm can be treated to the same security measures as young Arab men who are the most common actors in terror strikes. In Israel, "They won't check an old blond American woman but they will check a dark skinned young guy" who might to be North African descent, Peri said. "You compromise social values to be more efficient." In addition to electronic methods, Israel also employs a network of informants and spies who are recruited with cash. When they are detained on minor offenses, they are offered leniency in return for their cooperation, he said.

How to live with terrorism: What France can learn from Israel

In Israel , ordinary citizens, security officials and experts feel they have seen it all and say they have adapted to a perennial, if ever changing, threat. They speak of constantly staying alert, exercising caution and growing accustomed to what some may find to be intrusive levels of security, but essentially carrying on...That routine includes opening bags for a check and passing through metal detectors at train or bus stations, shopping malls and movie complexes. At the height of the suicide bombings, customers paid a small surcharge at cafes and restaurants to subsidize the cost of a guard at the door.

No deplorable though, not at all. Somethings is going on I don't what but something.

Fuck this facist racist fuck and everyone that supports him.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This man is literally the closest thing America's ever had to a Saddam or Mussolini. On the bright side, we managed to go 240 years before a facist nearly came into power. Suck on that, rest of the world!

Internment camps here we come.

It's funny, all the crazy right wing conspiracy theory republican idiots told me that Obama was going to take all the guns and throw all the "patriots" in FEMA camps and that FEMA was stock piling mass coffins and what not.

Funny, seems like Trump is more likely to do that than Obama was ever.

bionic77

Language like this isn't funny or civilized. This is stuff dictators and regimes use to justify atrocities. Seriously if you support this evil, then fuck you.
I agree 100% with you but sadly I think a large section of this country disagrees with both of us and seems to be yearning for old fashioned fascism.

Now they don't think it is fascism because it has the backdrop of an American flag, but for anyone who is paying attention it is pretty obvious what he is saying and trying to do.

I say it all the time but fucking Osama Bin Laden is smiling in hell at this. This is exactly what he wanted and it seemed like it could never remotely happen but we are far closer to it now than we were 15 years ago.

You know exactly what he means and it isn't some highbrow nuanced thought, so tired of people explaining his direct statements into something else.

Not to mention, screw that, I'm not going to have security checks everywhere and live in a constant state of fear. It is exceedingly ironic that the right wing, the party of freedom is declaring that we should erode basic liberties. Wait no it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom