• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: America Needs to Racially Profile Muslims Like They Do in Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I agree 100% with you but sadly I think a large section of this country disagrees with both of us and seems to be yearning for old fashioned fascism.

Now they don't think it is fascism because it has the backdrop of an American flag, but for anyone who is paying attention it is pretty obvious what he is saying and trying to do.

I say it all the time but fucking Osama Bin Laden is smiling in hell at this. This is exactly what he wanted and it seemed like it could never remotely happen but we are far closer to it now than we were 15 years ago.

No, they don't think it's fascism because it's targeting a largely non-white Christian demographic. Ask these same people what they think about profiling 18-28 year old white men during gun purchases in an attempt to prevent mass shootings, which is just as absurd as what Trump is suggesting, and I bet they sing a different tune.

9bCUvUE.jpg
You can't see it in this shot but there's an asterisk that leads to an addendum at the base of the statue that reads "*unless you're brown"

bionic77

No, they don't think it's fascism because it's targeting a largely non-white Christian demographic. Ask these same people what they think about profiling 18-28 year old white men during gun purchases in an attempt to prevent mass shootings, which is just as absurd as what Trump is suggesting, and I bet they sing a different tune.
That is true.

But these people are so fucking stupid that they don't see how this will come back to bite everyone in the ass.

Chaplain

I said I'm not, you aren't everyone and that is exactly how I and others would feel. Not having it.

I don't want it as well. However, evidence does not point to terrorism decreasing in our nation. The USA article I posted shows that terrorism has decreased in Israel because of their anti-terror strategies. Nations will eventually have to adopt some type of anti-terror strategies if deaths continue to pile up.

paolo11

You know, I normally do not comment or post on these type of threads but I need to comment on this bizarre behavior of Trump.

If this Trump becomes president and he implements racial profiling against Muslims in the US, this will open a can of worms. This will cause divide in USA and we do not want that to happen.

Racial discrimination or religious persecution will increase tenfold. We do not want that to happen.

I'm not going to bash on Trump supporters but I do hope they will ask themselves; " Do they want a leader that encourages persecution or discrimination?"

platocplx

You know, I normally do not comment or post on these type of threads but I need to comment on this bizarre behavior of Trump.

If this Trump becomes president and he implements racial profiling against Muslims in the US, this will open a can of worms. This will cause divide in USA and we do not want that to happen.

Racial discrimination or religious persecution will increase tenfold. We do not want that to happen.

I'm not going to bash on Trump supporters but I do hope they will ask themselves; " Do they want a leader that encourages persecution or discrimination?"
I wonder that too and how would they feel if people were pushing to racially profile white people to prevent mass shootings. (same stupid slope of thought)
The same people that think background checks for guns aren't necessary ladies and gentlemen
Right?! Lmao and DIDNT want to restrict people on no fly or govt watch lists.

I don't want it as well. However, evidence does not point to terrorism decreasing in our nation. The USA article I posted shows that terrorism has decreased in Israel because of their anti-terror strategies. Nations will eventually have to adopt some type of anti-terror strategies if deaths continue to pile up.

So we should profile and install metal detectors and accept that we are going to be searched to go watch a movie? Nah, I don't think so.

Getting angry and frustrated that Trump said some more horrible things about Syrian refugees will get me nowhere.

So I'm just going to post this link to an NPR story from last week about a NJ church group helping to resettle a Syrian refugee family whose father was blinded by a mortar attack.

Radio story link: http://www.npr.org/2016/09/14/49388...ttle-syrian-refugee-family-with-special-needs

Article link: http://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...-fears-bears-of-syrian-refugees-in-new-jersey

Anyone who thinks people like this family are terror cells in waiting needs to just eff off at this point.

JordanN

Banned
People get mad at Trump for this but I actually find it funny.

His alt-right base hates Jews/Israel but Trump continues to praise them. That's either an example of trolling them or the alt-right are playing tone deaf.

Mariolee

Yeah cause racial profiling works(it doesn't)

My (conservative) father swears up and down that terrorism within Israel has plummeted due to the racial profiling there and says America should do the same thing.

So this rhetoric resonates with people for sure.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Here is the thing. This is wrong but this isnt this what the majority of americans want? or close to a majority.

This is bound to hurt Hillary because she will have to come out against it and while it will be noble of her, it will cost her votes.

BFIB

If this tangerine ends up being President, he's gonna end up bringing back concentration camps.

Henkka

Banned
Cancer... They're plotting...

Yikes. I'm no friend to Islam or religion in general, but this is going way too fucking far.

I already get racially profiled whenever I travel, or go shopping in a crowded area, or stay late at a bar, or go to a busy public event, is America great again yet?

atr0cious

Internment camps here we come.

It's funny, all the crazy right wing conspiracy theory republican idiots told me that Obama was going to take all the guns and throw all the "patriots" in FEMA camps and that FEMA was stock piling mass coffins and what not.
It's projection. A big fear of abolishing slavery was blacks taking over and throwing whites in chains. So they created the prison system.

Cancer... They're plotting...

Yikes. I'm no friend to Islam or religion in general, but this is going way too fucking far.

It's the carbon copy rhetoric leveled against German and Irish immigrants to the states when they were considered "the enemy". It's funny that a campaign built on returning America to a past utopia ignores the horrid portions of US history to justify repeating the same vile tactics.

Rival

Gold Member
We are going to profile so great people! It's going to be huge. Great success. I know lots of people that think this is going to be great!

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's on the Statue of Liberty right? It's beautiful. Such a shame that someone who claims to want to bring America to greatness forgets that America has such a rich history when it comes to immigrants and refugees.

Uhhhhhh...

"Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion."

- Benjamin Franklin on German Immigrants

Sure, we've had a lot of immigrants, but every single immigrant group has faced serious discrimination for a few decades before becoming "American". Most people know about the discrimination Irish people faced, but many don't know that the Irish, once accepted, discriminated against Jewish immigrants.

Once you're in here for 30-40 years you're allowed to hate the next group of immigrants. I think that's the rule.

Here is the thing. This is wrong but this isnt this what the majority of americans want? or close to a majority.

This is bound to hurt Hillary because she will have to come out against it and while it will be noble of her, it will cost her votes.

When he goes on racist tirades like this, it has generally hurt him, badly.

Another anti-American position from him. Conservatives are quick to compare the US unfavorably to other countries.

Profiling is un-American. To suggest or promote profiling is un-American.

I already get racially profiled whenever I travel, or go shopping in a crowded area, or stay late at a bar, or go to a busy public event, is America great again yet?

You should be profiled harder, with more purpose! That's the only way for us to feel safer! (Even though we already know you've never even attempted anything in the first place.)

Chaplain

No you posted two articles that stated said position and failed to articulate a position in a thread that is calling for the profiling of an entire population.

I agree that Trump is wrong about wanting to racially profile a group of people. This doesn't change the reality that Israel, according to the USA article, has decreased terrorism in Israel due to their strategies.

I agree 100% with you but sadly I think a large section of this country disagrees with both of us and seems to be yearning for old fashioned fascism.

Now they don't think it is fascism because it has the backdrop of an American flag, but for anyone who is paying attention it is pretty obvious what he is saying and trying to do.

I say it all the time but fucking Osama Bin Laden is smiling in hell at this. This is exactly what he wanted and it seemed like it could never remotely happen but we are far closer to it now than we were 15 years ago.

Yep. It was never just about bringing down the towers. That was just the start. Dividing this country and then having those divisions tear one another apart from within... that was the goal.

The unity we felt in the aftermath of 9/11 is gone, and in its place is suspicion, anger and resentfulness.

Trump is playing right into that. And frankly, every time one of these attacks happens and it's linkable to a potential terrorist cell or someone coming here from the Middle East, it plays perfectly for his narrative.

History will not be kind to him, but it will not be kind to us if we allow him to become our commander in chief.

Please, vote in November. If you don't care for Clinton, that's fine. I understand. But we, as a people, need to do our part to ensure that a bigoted, fear mongering, would-be despot doesn't take a position of leadership.

I agree that Trump is wrong about wanting to racially profile a group of people. This doesn't change the reality that Israel, according to the USA article, has decreased terrorism in Israel due to their strategies.

So basically your point is, the ends justify the means? That is precisely what you are saying.

The numerically illiterate monster's first instinct is to drop the hammer on an entire category of people. He's hideous. He knows nothing at all. He's very bad at this -- actual thinking. He's very good at spewing nonsense.

But that's the appeal, right? That's the anti-American, neo-nazi, buffoon that some people want to push into the most powerful position on the planet.

Truly, a vote for HIllary Clinton is a vote to defend our country and a vote for Donald Trump is a vote to hurt it, to weaken it, and to harm the lives of so many more people.

The answer is Yes.

Anticol

Banned
When he goes on racist tirades like this, it has generally hurt him, badly.

Really? He's been doing this since day one and as far as I see he is the nominee for the republican party...

I don't want Trump to be elected by any means but I do wonder what the good americans will do if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom