• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

That charge sheet was never officially published. Soo yoou can't use that. Thatw as a blooody media leak and not official.

?

It was made available to everyone on the AFL website and it's still available.

I'm talking about the notice of charges they used for the disrepute conviction in 2013.

Yagharek

Suck shit asada, afl, herald sun, Caroline wilson, Eddie fuckstick, and enjoy all the bans for real drug cheats at collingwood and st kilda and fremantle. Hahaha

Omikron

f10c96c1-09ce-43d0-a295-d9c801b4d455_800.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-31/full-tribunal-statement

Suck shit asada, afl, herald sun, Caroline wilson, Eddie fuckstick, and enjoy all the bans for real drug cheats at collingwood and st kilda and fremantle. Hahaha

ASADA press conference at 11am tomorrow morning, will be interesting to see if they appeal the verdict.

Yagharek

Can't wait to see a swathe of defamation suits launched against afl, afl media, Melbourne newspapers, ch9 ferret guy on the footy show and Melbourne radio.

Yagharek

Thing is, what did Essendon inject the players with?

Who knows. But they need to prove claims next time, or catch drug cheats through a random testing process. Like collingwood and fremantle who let drug cheats play after failing a test.

Yagharek

I don't know. But there should be. Maybe the biochemistry experts on bigfooty and 3AW can add their expertise together and come up with one.

Omikron

I don't know. But there should be. Maybe the biochemistry experts on bigfooty and 3AW can add their expertise together and come up with one.

I asked that question fairly confident there isn't currently. Which does make ASADA's job much harder when you are required to put together a case via circumstantial evidence.

Are you 100% confident Essendon *didn't* break the rules? I doubt that.

Who knows. But they need to prove claims next time, or catch drug cheats through a random testing process. Like collingwood and fremantle who let drug cheats play after failing a test.

Lance Armstrong was proven guilty based on circumstantial evidence only and no positive drug test.

I am expecting ASADA to appeal.

What happens if AFL become a non-WADA sanctioned competition, will government funding stop?

Yagharek

What happens if AFL become a non-WADA sanctioned competition, will government funding stop?

Hopefully. It's a profit making business. Government shouldn't be funding businesses that thrive on betting sponsorship, with rampant drug abuse culture and domestic violence issues.

Yagharek

What happened to the principle of competing fairly though?

We are talking about sports here, not civil or criminal laws. Should it be treated differently?

This is afl. It's never been an even playing field anyway. I agree drug use is bad especially if it's untested or unregulated. But they need to prove it before banning people for years.

I'd like to see them ban people using illicit drugs too. But that won't happen.

legend166

Mark Robinson, Chip Le Grande, Tim Watson, Alan Jones (he was waving the flag), Sam Newman, just to name a few.

Anyway, still can't believe there was a recorded confession from Dank (recanted the next day when he realised what he'd done) and they still got off.

I really want to read that decision.

Yagharek

You're naming people from shows and radio and papers I haven't watched in over a decade. Of course they had defenders but you're living in fantasy land if you think the media weren't out for blood en masse. It was and has been feral for three years now.

Anyway, not guilty, players can move on. Work safe Victoria can maintain health monitoring if they are concerned about health effects from unknown injections in future as with normal workplaces when solvent or heavy metal exposure is a risk.

This is afl. It's never been an even playing field anyway. I agree drug use is bad especially if it's untested or unregulated. But they need to prove it before banning people for years.

I'd like to see them ban people using illicit drugs too. But that won't happen.

Yeah I agree with proving before issuing bans. However in sports, performance enhancing drug use cannot always be proven by direct evidence (many athletes are using drugs and techniques not known to testing authorities sometimes years in advance), hence why circumstantial evidence only has been acceptable for bans given by WADA and its sub-authorities in the past.

This is why I think ASADA/WADA will be appealing the verdict. They believed there was sufficient evidence with their show cause notice, otherwise they don't issue a show cause notice.

Omikron

Yeah I think Yag was in a bubble out west, there were numerous media types on the Essendon wagon in Melbourne. Anyway.

Essendon presser @ 4.45

edit: also a rumour of 2 more players positive for clenbuterol.

Yagharek

Yeah I agree with proving before issuing bans. However in sports, performance enhancing drug use cannot always be proven by direct evidence (many athletes are using drugs and techniques not known to testing authorities sometimes years in advance), hence why circumstantial evidence only has been acceptable for bans given by WADA and its sub-authorities in the past.

This is why I think ASADA/WADA will be appealing the verdict. They believed there was sufficient evidence with their show cause notice, otherwise they don't issue a show cause notice.

We know testing is not comprehensive but they should be taking and storing samples for a numbers of years for when new tests become available.

Yagharek

But Yag doesn't read it, so therefore it doesn't exist.

BIAS, BIAS, BIAS!!!

I assumed Caroline Wilson and Gerrard Whateley were bigger. Either way it's a tangential issue but in a sport where supporters are diehards of course there is bias and inevitably some towards essendon. But there are seventeen other factions outnumbering them.

We know testing is not comprehensive but they should be taking and storing samples for a numbers of years for when new tests become available.

Yeah but this type of policy promotes people trying out more and more experimental type drugs, to use drugs before testing procedures can catch up to detect them.

I agree that samples should still be stored, and I believe they are for seven years, but to have an effective stance on PEDs, you cant just wait a few years to ban people after the fact. You need to be able to ban people based on strong circumstantial evidence.

Yagharek

Yeah but this type of policy promotes people trying out more and more experimental type drugs, to use drugs before testing procedures can catch up to detect them.

I agree that samples should still be stored, and I believe they are for seven years, but to have an effective stance on PEDs, you cant just wait a few years to ban people after the fact. You need to be able to ban people based on strong circumstantial evidence.

You can always strip them of awards a la Melbourne Storm

bomma_man

?

It was made available to everyone on the AFL website and it's still available.

I'm talking about the notice of charges they used for the disrepute conviction in 2013.

A charge sheet ain't evidence.

So I assume that there wasn't evidence beyond reasonable doubt.

What a joke of a sporting competition administration.

It would only have to be on the balance of probabilities, which makes this even funnier.

I imagine asada will appeal, but I'm not sure how broad their grounds can be. Like, can they appeal the factual decision of the court or just mistakes of law.

Omikron

Jobe in a presser has basically just said they were always confident of innocence, but the club couldn't tell them what they were injected with.

I don't even know what to say.

Yagharek

Players rocking up to their presser without club colours on was pretty telling you would think.

That's a fair assessment. It will be interesting to hear from payers who left the club once the appeal is either waived or completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom