• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Not my intention, it was others who raised the point after all.

Anyway Caroline Wilson was a victim of some very nasty abuse last year for her work, so I won't joke about that.

AxeMan

They are not guilty but that doesn't mean they are innocent.

And just reading the decision they don't in-fact say that they are not guilty. just that comfortable satisfaction wasn't reached

Omikron

I loved when the essendon president used the line "we have never tested positive"

I think it's a poor choice of words considering that was Armstrong's favoured defence.

Westlo

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-24/bomber-watson-admits-taking-banned-drug/4777342

Although interestingly the target of the judgement was TB4. ASADA dropped the AOD stuff.

AOD was pretty much dropped last season.... remember in 2013 how AOD was this evil drug and Watson admitting that he thought he was given it would mean he would be stripped of his brownlow, Dank saying he was allowed to use it and had an email etc

Than in 2014 AOD "disappeared" off the agenda and it shifted over to TB4....

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Paraphrasing, but from an article in today's herald sun:

From the pub where essendon players gathered to watch the press conference yesterday "after the non guilty verdict, the news station turned to a different story, the collingwood prohibited substance tests. One person in the Essendon group yelled, "fucking drug cheats!"

I lol'd.

legend166

Good thing they believed someone who worked in the racing industry. That's where I go when I'm looking for integrity and honesty.

Football!!

What are everyone's
wild/hopeful
predictions for this season?

I'm thinking:

Giants make the 8

Jeremy Cameron wins the Coleman

Ryan Griffen wins the Brownlow

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Predictions?

Fyfe to win the Brownlow.
Hawthorn for a third.

Mitch Clark and Hawkins to kick 50+ goals each.
Cockatoo to win the Rising Star.

Much more drug drama.

Brisbane, Bulldogs and GWS to all finish closer to the 8. (around 8-11)
Carlton, Melbourne and Saints all to fight out the bottom few spots.
West Coast to be the biggest mover down the ladder. Adelaide to drop also.
Top 6 to look pretty similar.
Most of the changes will be in the bottom half.
More inconsistent football from the usual teams.

Me to struggle again in the tips.
Jables Swan to win.

Can't wait to see a swathe of defamation suits launched against afl, afl media, Melbourne newspapers, ch9 ferret guy on the footy show and Melbourne radio.

They have already begun I think.

Predictions?

Fyfe to win the Brownlow.
Hawthorn for a third.

Mitch Clark and Hawkins to kick 50+ goals each.
Cockatoo to win the Rising Star.

Much more drug drama.

Brisbane, Bulldogs and GWS to all finish closer to the 8. (around 8-11)
Carlton, Melbourne and Saints all to fight out the bottom few spots.
West Coast to be the biggest mover down the ladder. Adelaide to drop also.
Top 6 to look pretty similar.
Most of the changes will be in the bottom half.
More inconsistent football from the usual teams.

Jables Swan to win.

I don't think Adelaide will drop down below 10th. They have had their best preseason for years in terms of injuries. Last year they lost five games at home, including one to Melbourne, yet finished with an even win-loss record.

I can see 6th-10th, but not below 10th finish for the Crows.

Rezbit

Reckon I'll sign up to footy tipping this year, many doing it? Can probably commit to that much, can't be arsed with the Dream Team stuff these days, everyone just has the same teams.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Reckon I'll sign up to footy tipping this year, many doing it? Can probably commit to that much, can't be arsed with the Dream Team stuff these days, everyone just has the same teams.

we normally have 10 or so doing it and most stay fairly commited throughout the year

jambo

1Kd1tsB.png

Thursday April 2nd
Carlton vs. Richmond @ The MCG

Saturday April 4th
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Sydney vs. Essendon @ ANZ Stadium
Brisbane vs. Collingwood @ The Gabba
Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday April 5th
St Kilda vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide @ DomainStadium

Monday April 6th
Hawthorn vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Round 1 Teams

is this the tip contest? bolds are my tips

Thursday April 2nd
Carlton vs. Richmond @ The MCG by 9 pts

Saturday April 4th
Melbourne vs. Gold Coast @ The MCG
Sydney vs. Essendon @ ANZ Stadium
Brisbane vs. Collingwood @ The Gabba
Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday April 5th
St Kilda vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium
Adelaide vs. North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide @ DomainStadium

Monday April 6th
Hawthorn vs. Geelong @ The MCG

Okay I'm in, and ready to get smashed.

is this the tip contest?

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/believe
Password is legend166

Predictions?

Jables Swan to win.

I had a fairly average year last year. I normally start slow and build up speed. Toughest part for me is wanting to tip the Pies all the time and they are now inconsistent. Much easier when they win more than they lose.

My predictions:

Premiers: Hawks to win a third.
Coleman: J.Riewoldt
Wooden Spoon: Saints
Biggest movers: Lions and Suns
Biggest losers: Carlton and Pies
More scandal: I agree with Andiie that the drug problem won't go away this year.

Rezbit

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/believe
Password is legend166

Yeah already done and submitted. Already picked a few outsiders, but YOLO.

Couple of random predictions too:
Agree that Hawthorn will win again :(.
Hawthorn to also pick up Dangerfield, and people will be upset.
Brissy a smoky for finals.
Coleman will be really close between Cloke, Cameron, Franklin, Hawkins.
Also agree that Fyfe will get the Brownlow with the probs-should-have-got-it-last-year rule.
AND also agree that there will be more drugs scandals, although I think it'll be a huge illicit drugs one next time.

jambo

Is everyone cool with the idea of putting $5 or $10 in to a theoretical pot and then the winner at the end of the year gets a steam/xbox/psn game or some such?

Couple of random predictions too:
Agree that Hawthorn will win again :(.

Pear

I'm just assuming Danger will be at the Cats by the end of the season. Would love for him to end up any where but them.

Is everyone cool with the idea of putting $5 or $10 in to a theoretical pot and then the winner at the end of the year gets a steam/xbox/psn game or some such?

Yep I'm happy to chuck in $5 or so for the winner. I need to pay it forward for you blokes chucking in for me winning 2 seasons ago.
Or just win it again.

Grassy

Pear

I'm ok with that. I joined as "Ads".

Glad to see the footy back again!

AxeMan

Finding it really hard to be excited that football is back considering the disgrace that the AFL is.

I hope there is a fight

Finding it really hard to be excited that football is back considering the disgrace that the AFL is.

The whole Essendon saga has been deflating, especially with a corrupted conclusion. Hope Sydney smashes them when they play them. Then Hawthorn the week after :-D, it's going to be delicious.

Rezbit

Yeah I feel you guys, but I'm looking forward to footy being the focus. But I get the feeling something else will come along this year to derail the season yet again :\

AxeMan

The whole Essendon saga has been deflating, especially with a corrupted conclusion. Hope Sydney smashes them when they play them. Then Hawthorn the week after :-D, it's going to be delicious.

Yeah I feel you guys, but I'm looking forward to footy being the focus. But I get the feeling something else will come along this year to derail the season yet again :\

It doesn't help when it's too poor teams playing either

Omikron

Afl skills in general really are garbage aren't they. So much fumbling around players feet unable to get hands on the ball.

Is all about elite fitness. Nothing else.

legend166

I tipped Carlton by 4 goals so happy with this start.

I'm expecting a Richmond regression this year. Because, you know, it's Richmond.

Rezbit

Afl skills in general really are garbage aren't they. So much fumbling around players feet unable to get hands on the ball.

These two teams definitely aren't the elite, but I think in general sometimes the skills look poor because it's a contact sport which is already pretty difficult because you're kicking an oval ball out of your hands.

Watch a team like Hawthorn though and they look much more "clinical".

AxeMan

These two teams definitely aren't the elite, but I think in general sometimes the skills look poor because it's a contact sport which is already pretty difficult because you're kicking an oval ball out of your hands.

Watch a team like Hawthorn though and they look much more "clinical".

Port are another team with excellent skills. Chuck Geelong in there as well.

Hawks, Port, Cats - all very skilled

Holy shit, channel 7 feed is HD now?!?! Definitely HD on 7mate (in NSW) and on Fox Footy.

Now if only they could replace like all of their commentators

Grassy

Look at the shape of the ball. Do you think it would be easy to handle, especially when it gets a bit greasy and you have a bunch of other guys ready to smash you for picking it up?

It's not all about elite fitness, stay ignorant.

Lol

Did BT get sacked? Please tell me he got sacked.

No, he's the lead caller for Saturday night games until 2016 :\

Omikron

Look at the shape of the ball. Do you think it would be easy to handle, especially when it gets a bit greasy and you have a bunch of other guys ready to smash you for picking it up?

It's not all about elite fitness, stay ignorant.

Yes, sir.

Rezbit

I thought both of these teams would suck, but wow Carlton suck even more than I could imagine. 2/10 would not tip again.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Happy to see Taylor Hunt do well in tonight's game. Near best on ground by the looks of it. Liked him in Geelong but for whatever reason fell out of favor in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom