• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged Destiny 2 Poster Leaks - Sep 8th Release

Daffy Duck

Never got into Destiny as I felt like I missed the train on it, really interested in this one.

This would confirm its comming this year so that's cool.

The poster itself is really shitty though.

Isn't there afinancial incentive for them to ship it this year?

marciocdb

Banned
boy, I really wish they release this for PC as well... much better for me as a MMO game...

Since they don't have to focus on older consoles now, I think this one will be beatiful... and please work on the lore... is just plain stupid as it is now...

farisr

Hope everybody is ready for 15 minutes of Destiny at the Sony presser this year!
I'm actually totally fine with that. The problem with the first Destiny showing up at a conference was that they revealed it a year and a half before its release and it made multiple appearances across multiple conferences over the course of that time. It got annoying (despite personally being hyped for the game)

This time around, there should only be 1 appearance at a Sony conference before release. Next appearances will just be DLC trailers and that's it. Much better position/strategy, way less annoying.

I really want to Destiny 2 to succeed. The first game, to me, was really close to being something that was amazing, and it was disappointing to see that potential go unrealized. Those who didn't enjoy the first Destiny, what is your Destiny 2 wish list? What would bring you back to the franchise?

Shock32

Looks legit to me. I'm so hyped for this game i'm taking a few days off from work for it. I love the feel of the first one and my only request/hope is it's much bigger on a MP scale as far as the world goes.

moerser

sorry for this probably dumb question, as im not following destiny all that much anymore. is it already confirmed that 2 will stay console exclusive?

BraXzy

Real or not, I cannot wait to see how the sequel is shaping up.

I predicted a September 12th release so I wasn't too far off.

noomi

I spent more time that I am willing to admit playing Destiny 1, but I just don't feel the excitement and hype for #2.

farisr

sorry for this probably dumb question, as im not following destiny all that much anymore. is it already confirmed that 2 will stay console exclusive?
All signs/rumblings are pointing to a PC release so far.
I really want to Destiny 2 to succeed. The first game, to me, was really close to being something that was amazing, and it was disappointing to see that potential go unrealized. Those who didn't enjoy the first Destiny, what is your Destiny 2 wish list? What would bring you back to the franchise?
Well from what I heard they made a lot of those changes in the expansions, so as long as they continue in that direction, have a decent amount of "satisfying" content in the vanilla game to start with with a decent story, I'm in.

I sold off vanilla Destiny and a few months ago, bought the Collection. Haven't gotten around to playing through it though.

Count me in for PC version this time (if it does come to PC). Will have a much easier time completing the harder content then I ever did on consoles.

I also hope there is a lot more to do and the world's feel more alive, one of my biggest gripes with D1 was that it just felt dead.

Bold One

Fuck yeah! GIVE IT TO ME!!!

xeKqkP8.gif

I played a lot of Destiny at release but it made me want a real MMO experience and I went and got into FFXIV. So, they need to flesh out the RPG mechanics and MMO systems to keep people on the hamster wheel. The gunplay is still second to none. Also, 60 FPS, PLEASE. Also, PC version. PLEASE.

Didn't plat the latest expansion for Destiny 1 but I'll get this day one. I really, really enjoyed my time with the first despite not expecting much or being into multiplayer shooters. Hopefully this will iron out a few issues and present a more appealing storyline for the PVE stuff.

Zakalwe

Banned
Helmets being off isn't even that weird. We've had one game that didn't allow the helmets to be removed outside of the tower, if 2 changes that it's not strange at all... it's not like this has been a multiple game franchise and helmets being off is some crazy change.

Some of you people find the strangest things to focus on.

I love the emphasis on not having helmets, remember the only thing our character will carry over to D2 is his face.

I'm surprised by the date, i expected it on september but more towards the end of the month.

zkorejo

Lets hope its SP campaign is not a pathetic excuse of a story as the first one.. "I could tell you about the light and the darkness. I could tell you about the great war. I could tell you--"

Twookie

Has anyone stopped and thought maybe the helmets are off to give our guardians a sense of identity?

I think so too.

I usually always enable a "don't show helmet" fuction in games that have them like for example MMORPG's since it's easier for me to "bond"
(not really sure what other word to put here)
with my character.

Not sure if Bungie will allow players to do this though, if there's no oxygen or other factors that would make it so you die without an airtight helmet.

Macrotus

I wonder if everyone will be starting from scratch or if Destiny 2 will have a character import feature from Destiny 1.
Because this isn't an expansion but a new sequel.

Cruxist

I wonder if everyone will be starting from scratch or if Destiny 2 will have a character import feature from Destiny 1.

Starting from scratch. Bungie already announced that we're leaving everything behind.

That poster definitely looks real but I'm upset that the warlock outfit hardly looks changed. I really....really hate that long jacket. Take 👏🏾 It 👏🏾 Off 👏🏾

Bungie has said that you will be able to keep your character's appearance but everything else will be reset.

Top Bottom