• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

another ubi f*ck up: 2 GB rar with concept art for unannounced games on FTP

Agent Dormer said:
I wonder if they like my new avatar.
i like your new avatar.

while we could probably debate all day about how this prince compares to the sands of time prince hes >> warrior within/the two thrones prince.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
my first post HAS to be in this legendary thread,btw do you think is possible that the ubi guys ask neogaf to delete this thread?.

todayzee

Dormer --
When I first saw that I thought it WAS you. How can they ask you to remove your avatar? It is like you took a pic of yourself. :)

xbox361

Banned
how do i download this file from FTP. never done it before. when i click on the download link in the first post. i didn't get anything but a new window. can i try right click save as or what i really need this. i don't care about 2gb. I NEED THIS

Agent Ghost

aka MAJIKdR46oN
Is there a specific reason why the Assassins Creed pause screen has spelling mistakes on it?!

Settings is spelt 'seetings' and access is spelt 'acces' :(

acmenupausepd2ic3.jpg

wasting

Banned
StephaneC said:
... click on the screens :/ 'this image removed'

shit, they work for me, just the 2nd one is giving me high bandwidth removal

xbox361 said:
how do i download this file from FTP. never done it before. when i click on the download link in the first post. i didn't get anything but a new window. can i try right click save as or what i really need this. i don't care about 2gb. I NEED THIS

ubi took it down

MAJIKdR46oN said:
Is there a specific reason why the Assassins Creed pause screen has spelling mistakes on it?!
It's still in development, so it still has to pass proofreading of all text.

BTW, I saw that menu system at work at GC, and I was very pleased about the great contrast its hi-tech design makes with the medieval setting of the game. Really a good idea.

Agent Ghost

aka MAJIKdR46oN
Spider_Jerusalem said:
It's still in development, so it still has to pass proofreading of all text.

BTW, I saw that menu system at work at GC, and I was very pleased about the great contrast its hi-tech design makes with the medieval setting of the game. Really a good idea.

And it's Ubisoft France developing it right?!

The reports from E3 talked about waking up in a Star Trek-esque holodeck thing when you died, and the pause screen says 'Memory Paused' -- i'm guessing the game isn't set just in the Middle Ages.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
MAJIKdR46oN said:

Settings is spelt 'seetings' and access is spelt 'acces' :(

Not to mention 'knowN'. However, since this is a concept pass at the HUD and menu, I don't see why it matters. :)

You must realize, this is not content ment for release.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
:lol

bravo Ubi, bravo.

I think you may need to find a more competent batch of employees though :lol

Ubi is being so lame here !
Can't wait for more information about the new PoP.
Did so host the videos ? Are they've been youtub-ed ?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The PSP TMNT screenshots are hilarious (in that they suck), Id post them but i rekon Ubi will start pouncing on the thread when people show off the crappy looking stuff (which is pretty much just that).

Chû Totoro said:
Ubi is being so lame here !
Can't wait for more information about the new PoP.
Did so host the videos ? Are they've been youtub-ed ?
I already hosted the videos, and actually, the Farcry 2 test ones are on the same site. I don't think there are any more good videos.

ant1532

Banned
Ign called us wags.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/733/733957p1.html
Ubi's Booby as New Games Leaked
Sequels to Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and Far Cry uncovered on official FTP, Ubisoft "displeased".
by Matt Wales

UK, September 21, 2006 - Ubisoft has released an official statement following the discovery of a 2GB RAR file on its Ubi.com FTP server containing information, video, artwork and screens from its upcoming roster of titles.

Alongside assets from the likes of Far Cry Wii, Lost, Naruto, Open Season, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Splinter Cell 4, Surf's Up, Shaun White Snowboarding, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance on PSP, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Assassin's Creed, the file also detailed a number of previously unannounced titles, including brand new Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell games, plus Far Cry and Rocky on PSP.

The offending Ubisoft archive, originally discovered by those wags over at neoGAF, has since been removed and the company has issued the following statement: "We are clearly displeased that confidential information from Ubisoft has been distributed on the internet. The publication of this type of information can only be harmful to the game development process and we will take all steps necessary to prevent this from happening in the future. We are still investigating the events that lead to this information leak and at this time have no further comment."

Tieno

Really interested in the new art style of the prince in PoP, I wonder how it translates to the game. That girl is smokin' hot!

Ironclad

Wow, somebody at Ubisoft is definitely getting the axe for this fiasco. I'm sure they'll be a little more careful about what goes up on there FTP from now on.:lol

Interestingly enough, I actually like the artwork for the new PoP, although they did change the way he looks. Granted, it is just concept art.

Assassin's Creed shots look nice as well, despite the spelling mistakes in the pause menu. There is a date in the upper left hand corner and I don't quite understand the need for a chemical breakdown in the background of the menu. Maybe there is some truth to the whole time travelling theory.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Ironclad said:
Assassin's Creed shots look nice as well, despite the spelling mistakes in the pause menu. There is a date in the upper left hand corner and I don't quite understand the need for a chemical breakdown in the background of the menu. Maybe there is some truth to the whole time travelling theory.

It is written like it's a fact on AC's Wikipedia page.

Ironclad

trh said:
It is written like it's a fact on AC's Wikipedia page.
Interesting, but I wouldn't put any stock into that. Unless I see some solid evidence that proves or disproves the theory, I am going to leave it at that.

Top Bottom