• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Palmer_v1

Oh, I'm extremely suspicious of El Topo right now, in case I die somehow. I think squidyj is probably okay cause no mafia would commit themselves this much to saving or killing someone.

I don't have great reads on anything else.

cabot

Oh, I'm extremely suspicious of El Topo right now, in case I die somehow. I think squidyj is probably okay cause no mafia would commit themselves this much to saving or killing someone.

I don't have great reads on anything else.

That's no way to address a Tiger, man!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know Peru is in good hands with this missionary group.

Have fun on the mission, guys! Remember not to accidentally shoot a Drone!!!

Bring back stories!!!!

See you all ( that survives ) in day 2!

o/

BwadWzE.gif

Haly

Blarg ,don't you have some crazy master plan to execute in the cthulhu thread?

Posting this now as I have been reading and new pages are cropping up each time I finish. Real chance that I won't get to catch up before the day ends.
Enker bothers me in part because of his mazre vote, it feels like bandwagoning and what's the value of getting mazre to unvolunteer?
Ideally volunteers would not vote for other volunteers. Though I haven't put a lot of thought into this. Just strikes me as something weird. Too late to get hung up on it now anyway.

Hobohodo, I'm not asking for inactive players to be given a free pass indefinitely. I think it's shooting fish in a barrel to go "inactive = vote" on day one. We already have some dead weight and overtly scummy behaviour from those who are talking. It came up again and again within a few pages which is why I posted. Much better to just ask inactive players directly what they are thinking than to start putting heat on those who can't post as regularly as others. That's the exact kind of attitude which will lead to filler posts.
I don't like how you hopped onto the bandwagon with your vote, with little reason for doing so, but luckily for you there's still one person without a vote

VOTE: cooljeanius
First day to me, the whole thing is pretty much a bandwagon. I'm not going to lose any sleep over my vote. I was always going to vote for a volunteer once I understood how missions work.
First lets talk about how ante says it's between Mazre and Greatlord, two players with the highest vote counts (at that point in time), it reeks of bandwagoning.
guilty as charged.
Further ante suggests that people who are debating systems for missions have been viewed as suspicious (insinuating this is ante's own position) when I can't see this as being further from the truth. Ante seems to believe KGB would target in the mission despite all discussion today and tries to convince power roles to stay home where KGB can get them.
I'm not sure I said that. I don't believe KGB would target (kill) in the mission. But I feel they stand to gain from missions taking place and being on them. As such the town should perceive missions as a threat to the game.

As for what I was holding back, I've actually forgotten now. It was something to do with tomorrow's volunteering. I was going to look for something but refrained from posting about that because A. it's day one and B. the moment I post it, the mafia will do the exact opposite. Consider my "next level" strats it a joke if anything, it could have constituted a post but it did not.
Next level strats?!

Sounds totally deep man.
Thank you.

I will try to be more specific and quote posts when I refer to any consensus (mine or otherwise). I still stand by what I said, but I didn't mean to suggest I was trying to set an agenda there, we can return to this point tomorrow if I'm still alive. The format is new to me, other people have been a lot better about it.

I edit my posts down a lot as a courtesy to other people and have probably over valued my contributions but I stand by what I've said. I feel pretty much anything I post will be viewed by you as back tracking. I feel I've been consistent in wanting to vote for one of the 4 volunteers. GreatLord Tiger was the least useful of the four.

Ultimately if you don't want to play with me, I have no problems with you voting me, a few people seem unhappy with the number of posts I've made.

squidyj

Posting this now as I have been reading and new pages are cropping up each time I finish. Real chance that I won't get to catch up before the day ends.

Ideally volunteers would not vote for other volunteers. Though I haven't put a lot of thought into this. Just strikes me as something weird. Too late to get hung up on it now anyway.

Hobohodo, I'm not asking for inactive players to be given a free pass indefinitely. I think it's shooting fish in a barrel to go "inactive = vote" on day one. We already have some dead weight and overtly scummy behaviour from those who are talking. It came up again and again within a few pages which is why I posted. Much better to just ask inactive players directly what they are thinking than to start putting heat on those who can't post as regularly as others. That's the exact kind of attitude which will lead to filler posts.

First day to me, the whole thing is pretty much a bandwagon. I'm not going to lose any sleep over my vote. I was always going to vote for a volunteer once I understood how missions work.
guilty as charged.
I'm not sure I said that. I don't believe KGB would target (kill) in the mission. But I feel they stand to gain from missions taking place and being on them. As such the town should perceive missions as a threat to the game.

As for what I was holding back, I've actually forgotten now. It was something to do with tomorrow's volunteering. I was going to look for something but refrained from posting about that because A. it's day one and B. the moment I post it, the mafia will do the exact opposite. Consider my "next level" strats it a joke if anything, it could have constituted a post but it did not.

Thank you.

I will try to be more specific and quote posts when I refer to any consensus (mine or otherwise). I still stand by what I said, but I didn't mean to suggest I was trying to set an agenda there, we can return to this point tomorrow if I'm still alive. The format is new to me, other people have been a lot better about it.

I edit my posts down a lot as a courtesy to other people and have probably over valued my contributions but I stand by what I've said. I feel pretty much anything I post will be viewed by you as back tracking. I feel I've been consistent in wanting to vote for one of the 4 volunteers. GreatLord Tiger was the least useful of the four.

Ultimately if you don't want to play with me, I have no problems with you voting me, a few people seem unhappy with the number of posts I've made.

I don't know how to tell you this mate.....

Hobohodo

Not to go all 'nofunallowed' on everyone but.

23. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.

We probably need to stop posting.

I got some bad news Visualante...

roytheone

guilty as charged.

Thank you.

Aaaaaah, messages from beyond the grave! Somebody call an exorcist!!!!!!

Palmer_v1

guilty as charged.

Thank you.

Don't take any of it personally! Someone has to die first each game. There's also a good chance to sub into a game since the other ones have had issues with players dropping.

Either way, I hope we see you in another game, or mocking us mercilessly from the Dead Thread.

El Topo

You killed Visualante2. I told you we should lynch roytheone, but of course you wouldn't listen and instead read way too much into every single thing. What do you think he's feeling now, coming into this thread to find out that he's dead? Good job, guys. You'll see in hindsight that I was right from the very beginning.

That'll do Visualante2. That'll do.

Ourobolus

Banned
Day 1 Results!

Visualante2 (9)
squidyj
Seath
QuantumBro
QuantumBro
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1
Hobohodo
cabbeh
roytheone
Haly

GreatLord Tiger (5)
Burbeting
Hobohodo
Septimus Prime
Zubz
Zubz
Visualante2
Palmer_v1
TheGoddamn
El Topo

cooljeanius (2)
EzekelRAGE
cabbeh
Mike_Hawk689
QuantumBro
Haly
El Topo

squidyj (2)
Mazre
Arkos
cooljeanius
Zubz
Zubz

EzekelRAGE (1)
cabbeh
Haly
Seath
cooljeanius

Septimus Prime (1)
GreatLord Tiger
YesNOnoNOYes

Zubz (1)
Mazre

Burbeting (1)
Razmos

Mazre (1)
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
Enker
cabbeh
TheGoddamn

roytheone (0)
Haly
El Topo

cabbeh (0)
Squidyj

The Goddamn (0)
Palmer_v1

Razmos (0)
Squidyj

Mike_Hawk689 (0)
Roytheone
Cabbeh
Palmer_v1
Haly

El Topo (0)
Haly

Haly (0)
Seath

Seath (0)
Hobohodo
roytheone

Enker (0)
cabbeh
squidyj

QuantumBro (0)
cooljeanius

VOLUNTEERS
Mazre
Palmer_v1
Arkos
GreatLord Tiger
===BACKUP===
Haly
Squidyj
El Topo
YesNOnoNOYes

All 23 agents stood in a circle, guns pointed at each other. Unable to distinguish friend from foe, they constantly flip-flopped between targets, all the while annoying the ever-loving shit out of their leader, Malory.

"Just get on with it," she said. "Time is wasting, we need to get you morons on that plane!"

One of the agents piped up, "What if we just shoot one of the quiet ones? It's always the quiet ones!"

"Yeah!"
"Right on!"
"Phrasi- wait, that doesn't work here."

The mob turned to face the mostly-silent agents, sitting atop the nearest desk. However, they still had no clue, pointing their guns at each one in turn.

Finally Malory snapped, "For the love of God, I don't care if one of them is Gandhi! Do it!"

A single weapon fired, lodging a poison dart into the victim's neck. He began to convulse wildly as he fell to the floor.

Visualante2 uttered one last phrase..."Take care of...Pigley..."

isXKNnJ.png

You are Algernop Krieger, the “Doctor.”

You are aligned with ISIS (the agency, not the terrorist organization).

You may be a genetically modified clone of Hitler who pales in comparison to Neil Peart, but you&#8217;ve made a name for yourself as someone who uses science to create all sorts of radioactive pigs wondrous inventions and medicine. Sure, you&#8217;re not a doctor, but you&#8217;re a &#8220;doctor!&#8221; Each night, you can protect one player (except yourself) from assassination by PMing me the command PROTECT: <player>. Your target will not be notified of this action, and you will not receive notification whether or not you were successful.

You win when all KGB players are eliminated.

Feel free to PM me any questions about your role. The public game thread is here.

tumblr_mjc31a4bK01qi7deco1_500.gif

Night 1 has begun. No posting in this thread. Mission information will be sent momentarily.

Day 2 Starts at:
t1439154000z1.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahaha

ahahaha

hahah

ha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What would the point of writing the rules be if I didn't get to break them?

Ourobolus

Banned
All current players - for the love of god, stop PM'ing each other details about your game. It's really messing up replacing people.

..dammit, wrong thread. But still, listen.

Ourobolus

Banned
Night 1 has ended. Day 2 begins.

Good morning, agents. I hope you've managed to redeem yourselves from yesterday's debacle. Although, on the bright side, one less Nazi is...one less Nazi! A net win!

Looks like our agents returned from the mission unscathed, but I'm rather concerned over news reports I'm hearing about a dead President in Peru. But that's probably just liberal media bullshit spin. It's strange, though...one of them came back and suddenly only speaks in four-letter-words. What do you have to say for yourself?

"^%$#@, fucking shit%$#. $#%@!@ %$ @# fucking *% #$!@."

...all right then.

So, we should have a ton of dead KGB sitting around here, correct?

...Wait, what on earth?

Everyone has survived the night!

A_503_02.jpg

Well, I suppose at least not getting yourselves killed is a start. But I want results, not half-assed endeavors where your greatest success is somehow managing to not get shot! What is this, Lijar in 1883?

Now, I'm going to pour myself another drink - you all get to doing whatever it is you do best. Or at the very least, whatever you don't do the worst.

tumblr_n30ivh8Wry1qefwl8o1_1280.png

Night 2 Mission details:
tqORjut.png

Day 2 ends at:
t1439499600z1.png

Haly

Grats everyone, Visualante protected someone from BEYOND THE GWAAAAAAVE.

Day 1 voting and my read on players

TheGoddamn/Arkos/Enker/Mike - Seems to be more on the fluffy side.

Roy,Burbeting, - Middle of the road posting. Seems to be a little fluff but looks like they take part in the discussions as well though.

Cooljeanius - Started posting more in response to me voting for him for posting fluff. His posts seem to mostly consist of agreeing with other posters about who to vote for. Being convinced by Arkos about SJ, by Cabbeh for Enker, by various for me.
Septimus - Seems to be playing the inexperienced player angle? Thats not to say they arent inexperienced.

Cabbeh/Squidy/Haly/Palmer/Hobo - Nice amount of posts apart of the various discussions. Nothing too scummy atm.

Seath - Already been posted by others, posts a lot of fluff.

Top Bottom