• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

For future reference casting a vote voids the previous one, you don't have to no vote/unvote prior to casting a new vote.
Noted. Thanks!

We should have a very good read that Honeypot is not neutral by the beginning of D3 when people volunteer. Based on who those folks are, and assuming Archer isn’t dead tomorrow, then the Honeypot would not be acting in their own best interest with that win condition.

If they are neutral, as I noted before, we have already lost the game because Ezekel claimed Archer so it’s a matter of time. Unless he’s not, of course.
Yeah. This is all supposing that Daryll isn't the Honeypot and isn't going to win tonight, though.

Ourobolus

Banned
Testing out the vote script!

El Topo (5)
Palmer_v1
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
squidyj
Hobohodo

Seath (2)
roytheone
YesNOnoNOYes
Mazre
Seath
Palmer_v1
EzekelRAGE
Haly
Darryl
cabbeh
TheAwesomePossum
Burbeting
Hobohodo

cooljeanius (1)
Haly
cabbeh
Haly

Darryl (5)
QuantumBro
roytheone
TheGoddamn
TheAwesomePossum
Enker
Septimus Prime

squidyj (3)
Zubz
Septimus Prime
Seath
El Topo

Septimus Prime (1)
cabbeh
squidyj
Darryl

Mike_Hawk689 (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Zubz (0)
Darryl

Palmer_v1

Those that have voted against me, I implore you to reconsider.

I have not thrown theories at other players*, I have been (I think) pretty consistent, I have explained myself thoroughly, I have taken a clear stance regarding Seath and Ezzi, I have been fairly active, I have been honest and forthcoming, I even unvolunteered after I had been accused.

What could I reasonably do to convince any of you otherwise?

*I have been pretty clear that squidyj is just some feeling, not a "He is mafia" theory and I am willing to unvote him if you guys have a better plan. I just don't see it.

I simply have no one else. There's players that just joined or have too little posts, so it feels unfair to attack them, especially after the first day (and having been criticized for counting posts). There's players that should be official suspects, but I believe and/or trust them, to some extent, so I don't feel like voting for them.

If anyone has a better proposition on who we should lynch, I'm willing to do that. I just don't see any other candidate.

I appreciate your response and did read it, but it didn't really seem convincing to me, and you've still exhibited some activity that goes counter to things you've said. You never got put in hot water last game so I'm not sure if your style of defense is normal for you, but I do know that your general posting does seem different from last game.

Mostly though, I feel like I got burned by switching my vote to visual yesterday, so I want to stick to my guy this time, and you're the one that has triggered it most negatively.

Palmer_v1

Testing out the vote script!

El Topo (5)
Palmer_v1
Palmer_v1
YesNOnoNOYes
cabbeh
squidyj
Hobohodo

Seath (2)
roytheone
YesNOnoNOYes
Mazre
Seath
Palmer_v1
EzekelRAGE
Haly
Darryl
cabbeh
TheAwesomePossum
Burbeting
Hobohodo

cooljeanius (1)
Haly
cabbeh
Haly

Darryl (5)
QuantumBro
roytheone
TheGoddamn
TheAwesomePossum
Enker
Septimus Prime

squidyj (3)
Zubz
Septimus Prime
Seath
El Topo

Septimus Prime (1)
cabbeh
squidyj
Darryl

Mike_Hawk689 (0)
YesNOnoNOYes

Zubz (0)
Darryl

Who made a script finally?

I find it unfair that I get flak for that, given that we have several players (Palmer, cabbeh) that go around throwing out baseless suspicions, players that have role revealed/claimed, players that seem utterly desperate to go on mission (again).

I would say that throwing out false suspicions harms town, but apparently you and others think that it's fine to accuse others based on random posts. Hey, have you seen Palmer's and cabbeh's response to my defense, where I pointed out how stupid (or downright false) some of their accusations are? Because I haven't seen any of them admit errors or guilt regarding some of the crap they threw at me. They accuse me, then move on.

Again, I don't even think they're (both) mafia, I just don't think that kind of strategy is going to get us far.

Topopo, why did you even say you had suspicious names when you didn't? No one was prompting you for any at the time.

False accusations are a misnomer in this game, dont you think? All accussations are based on every person's personal read on another 'potential' scumminess. I mean even some of the most 'legitimate' theories would eventually turn out to be 'false accusations'.... And this defensiveness for having (your) 'random' posts looked at. Everyone on the board is free and open to the same scrutiny, yo~

I mean, honestly, I didnt even was asking for any accusations. It was you who said you had some names in mind. I was just curious what were those names and why did you think these people were suspicious.

Dont be mad when people take you on your words~

(Also lol at your dig for being suspected at the recruitment thread. Oh, you silly darling, hope we don't hurt your feelsies too much :> I promise I'm actually sort of moving off from you) (sort of)

Anyway, I see now people bandwagoning on Darryl cuz he volunteered. I dont know what to think about this but that thing I mentioned earlier (see, topo~ when people mentioned they were going to do a thing, others may look at them in anticipation for the thing that was promised*)........ uh, yes, the thing i mentioned earlier was to do with the HoneyPot's identity.

OK, so let us embark on a weird trip through time. Only a little backtracking, bear with me.

1. After D2 began, Ezekel revealed he is Sterling Archer, whose only vulnerability is the HoneyPot role.
  2. Then he reminded us of the fact that there is a Gay Archer avatar player in the game, which is Seath. For context: Archer was acting as a HoneyPot to trap another agent in the series, Ramon Limon.
  3. Then, Seath came out with his roleclaim, stating that he is basically......... the HoneyPot.
  4. Subsequently, Seath said that his roleclaim was made up to bait squidy out.

So here's the thing that tripped my mind:

Why did he change his avatar to HoneyPot Archer DAYS BEFORE?

OK. Hold that thought! We are going backck even further. Hang on!

And I found that Ezekel actually had noticed the 'HoneyPot' avatar change (#1016):

Fell asleep while writing my poster analysis and somehow everything got deleted. 2 hours before deadline I won't be able to go full analysis again in that amount of time. Even if I could there wouldnt be time for any discussion due to deadline. But did make observation that although Goddamn has 10 posts in the thread, I think only 7 of them come after the game started. Ill have my analysis for each voter posted at the start of the new day

Only reason he voted for me was because other votes didnt stick to me or something apparently?

Also, idk if it is because I skimmed or something Seath seems to be bandwagony? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else due to avatar or something.

Important here: Ezekel (Archer) NOTICED the HONEYPOT.

OK, so, in my mind the story now goes like this (and this is where I need you guys to soundboard or pick my theory apart, cuz I am almost certain I'm missing something..... and that thing may be a brain):

Begin: Ezekel KNEW his role (cuz of PM) -> He didn't know the source material -> He started to watch a bit of Archer -> Found out about HoneyPot episode -> Noticed Seath changed his avatar to HoneyPot Archer -> ! Interest piqued in him and he mentioned Seath seems a bit suss in the quoted post above ! -> D2 began: No one died -> Ezekel revealed Sterling Archer role -> Ezekel reminded us about the 'HoneyPot' avatar -> ! Seath who was looking for Archer, was flabbergasted that Archer came out ! -> Seath roleclaimed -> Seath got piled on -> Seath retracted roleclaim, saying it was fake -> :End: Clusterfuck

Please HALP

Basically: If Seath's roleclaim was really fake, why did he adopt the HoneyPot Archer avatar days before ER came out as Archer?

Basically basically: Is Seath really the HoneyPot? Was that roleclaim NOT fake? Did he play a dangerous gambit where upon claiming he made it all up that he could claim 'Double Jeopardy' safety?

..... Am I tripping over nothing? GAFIA WILL SEND ME TO THE DEPTH OF VORTEX OF MADNESS >______<

*I will come back to this later, and not on El Topo. Because I saw someone else giving out sweet promises that I do not think has come delivered :x SORRY I HAVE OCD GUYS

El Topo

I appreciate your response and did read it, but it didn't really seem convincing to me, and you've still exhibited some activity that goes counter to things you've said. You never got put in hot water last game so I'm not sure if your style of defense is normal for you, but I do know that your general posting does seem different from last game.

Mostly though, I feel like I got burned by switching my vote to visual yesterday, so I want to stick to my guy this time, and you're the one that has triggered it most negatively.

I honestly cannot fault you for that, I really respect that. I hope you understand though that I would rather not get lynched.

I would like to add that last time things were very different. I had a private chat to let off steam and I couldn't risk getting lynched/killed because that would have put Zippedpinhead at risk as well.

That said, I hope anyone willing to vote for me will check back before the time runs out, to give me one last desperate chance at convincing you otherwise.

Not quoting you now, YNNNY, because I am on mobile and difficult to trim, but what reason would the real honeypot have for roleclaiming?

Don't forget that I also noticed that there were two gay Archers running around (and my calling it out was why you changed your avatar).

While it is suspicious that Seath changed his avatar to yours, you also had the Archer honeypot avatar. I don't know when you adopted it. Around game start? But my memory might be failing me.

Let's talk this theory out.

El Topo, I'm not unreasonable
(lol, lais)
and I totes understand you dont want to get lynched, but I'm just expecting more from you after all you posts stuff that indicate you've got more to contribute with but you don't really present your thoughts or suspicions or whatever enough.

I'm willing to unvote for you right now if you say you'll play more for town's benefit instead of just playing GAFia to defend yourself. Getting to the finish line alive isn't important for me. I just want the Agency to win, whoever crosses the line doesn't matter.

Deal?

:>

TheGoddamn, yep! I actually mentioned that I had that avatar first! Somewhere! I'll dig up the link if you needs it, but it blew my mind to pieces when Ezekel came out as Archer and when he mentioned the HoneyPot Archer avatar cuz ..... I was just wearing it a few days earlier!!!!

Like OMG

(Plus, y'all keep referring to the HP in female pronoun! >:O!!!!!!!! My feelings! They are hurt ;___:)

Yesh, pls can you guys join me in the rabbit hole. I needs people, saner people, to help a gal out.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Holy hell, this took forever to catch up on, and I probably skimmed like half of the posts. I'll definitely have to remember not to ever fall behind again, because wow. Anyway, here are my current thoughts.

I am suspicious of Septimus Prime:

Oh, I see. That also makes sense.

Well, I can't exactly go back and change my previous posts, but maybe I can explain it with some bullet points:

1. I have played offline Mafia before, including some card-based variants like Bang!, and I enjoy those.
2. I've never played online Mafia before.
3. I've never played a Mafia game with missions.

If you'll go back and read my "playing dumb" posts, you'll see that all my questions and faulty assumptions pertained to one specific component of the rule set--namely the rule that I've never encountered before (and clearly misunderstood). How does it not make sense that I would want to clear this up right away, and after having cleared it up, have a normal understanding of all the other basic rules, which apply to all Mafia games?

It was actually beneficial for at least one other player that I asked about it, too, since he and I both thought LGB could double kill.

This... makes sense I guess, but without going back and rereading all of his posts (so. much. reading.) I feel like the tonal shift was more than just that. Is it just me or does this explanation seem unconvincing?

I am still suspicious of Seath:

Something just is weird about that whole ploy. Like squidyj pointed out, it seemed like a hell of a lot of set up for a very small payoff. I did not see the glaring incriminating evidence in his "reveal" post. What. Also, the point that someone made about his use of "unaligned" could have something to it. Hmm.

El Topo:

I can't tell if he's just reacting to being called out, or if he's being a little too defensive. The arguments I've seen haven't been convincing (remember I did skim a lot of them so maybe I missed a gem). I also feel like it would be a better strategy for him to shut up though, and his responses seem a little bit... panicky? I don't feel comfortable voting for him quite yet in any case.

squidyj:

Still don't like his squid face.

Volunteering/Darryl:

Well I don't know how I feel about Darryl, but I also don't know how I feel about only putting 2 people on the mission. I mean, if the KGB makes a kill on the mission then absolute worst case scenario is we have a 1/3 shot at the KGB, and I would hope we could figure out who it might be so we would have an even better chance of lynching correctly. If the missions can protect people that's good, and I also think it's good for people to be able to continue talking during the night. So I don't have any strong feelings about this whole situation.

Seriously that was a ton to digest. I'll probably go back over it again. For now, I will offer a vote:

Vote: Septimus Prime

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Basically: If Seath's roleclaim was really fake, why did he adopt the HoneyPot Archer avatar days before ER came out as Archer?

This would be incredibly stupid of him though, right? I don't know. It is weird, but it would be so stupid. Maybe that's his plan -- playing stupid.

When is the last time Seath spoke actually? I think he's been quiet for a while. That is odd.

Kevyt

Hey all! Sorry I've been kinda busy this week and this weekend is going to be even worse. Well if I survive this day and the night then I think it's going to be really hard next week for me to keep up.

I'll most likely have to ask based Ourobolos for a replacement. I'll see how things go. It's basically whether or not I have Internet from my phone because I'll be traveling this weekend and next week to the woods out in the wild... So it depends.

We'll see. If no one hears from me that means I don't have internet connection or I've been eaten by a grizzli bear. So just a heads up.

Topopo, why did you even say you had suspicious names when you didn't? No one was prompting you for any at the time.

False accusations are a misnomer in this game, dont you think? All accussations are based on every person's personal read on another 'potential' scumminess. I mean even some of the most 'legitimate' theories would eventually turn out to be 'false accusations'.... And this defensiveness for having (your) 'random' posts looked at. Everyone on the board is free and open to the same scrutiny, yo~

I mean, honestly, I didnt even was asking for any accusations. It was you who said you had some names in mind. I was just curious what were those names and why did you think these people were suspicious.

Dont be mad when people take you on your words~

(Also lol at your dig for being suspected at the recruitment thread. Oh, you silly darling, hope we don't hurt your feelsies too much :> I promise I'm actually sort of moving off from you) (sort of)

Anyway, I see now people bandwagoning on Darryl cuz he volunteered. I dont know what to think about this but that thing I mentioned earlier (see, topo~ when people mentioned they were going to do a thing, others may look at them in anticipation for the thing that was promised*)........ uh, yes, the thing i mentioned earlier was to do with the HoneyPot's identity.

OK, so let us embark on a weird trip through time. Only a little backtracking, bear with me.

1. After D2 began, Ezekel revealed he is Sterling Archer, whose only vulnerability is the HoneyPot role.
  2. Then he reminded us of the fact that there is a Gay Archer avatar player in the game, which is Seath. For context: Archer was acting as a HoneyPot to trap another agent in the series, Ramon Limon.
  3. Then, Seath came out with his roleclaim, stating that he is basically......... the HoneyPot.
  4. Subsequently, Seath said that his roleclaim was made up to bait squidy out.

So here's the thing that tripped my mind:

Why did he change his avatar to HoneyPot Archer DAYS BEFORE?

OK. Hold that thought! We are going backck even further. Hang on!

And I found that Ezekel actually had noticed the 'HoneyPot' avatar change (#1016):

Important here: Ezekel (Archer) NOTICED the HONEYPOT.

OK, so, in my mind the story now goes like this (and this is where I need you guys to soundboard or pick my theory apart, cuz I am almost certain I'm missing something..... and that thing may be a brain):

Begin: Ezekel KNEW his role (cuz of PM) -> He didn't know the source material -> He started to watch a bit of Archer -> Found out about HoneyPot episode -> Noticed Seath changed his avatar to HoneyPot Archer -> ! Interest piqued in him and he mentioned Seath seems a bit suss in the quoted post above ! -> D2 began: No one died -> Ezekel revealed Sterling Archer role -> Ezekel reminded us about the 'HoneyPot' avatar -> ! Seath who was looking for Archer, was flabbergasted that Archer came out ! -> Seath roleclaimed -> Seath got piled on -> Seath retracted roleclaim, saying it was fake -> :End: Clusterfuck

Please HALP

Basically basically: Is Seath really the HoneyPot? Was that roleclaim NOT fake? Did he play a dangerous gambit where upon claiming he made it all up that he could claim 'Double Jeopardy' safety?

..... Am I tripping over nothing? GAFIA WILL SEND ME TO THE DEPTH OF VORTEX OF MADNESS >______<

*I will come back to this later, and not on El Topo. Because I saw someone else giving out sweet promises that I do not think has come delivered :x SORRY I HAVE OCD GUYS

I changed my avatar to honeypot right after I saw yours. Mostly because I loved the guy's "Got dick?" message in his shirt.

You had the avatar first... So hmmm. Is there something you wanna tell us? :p

Arkos, Darryl volunteered when three people remained in the volunteer pool: Palmer, Mazre, and Ezekel.

I don't agree with only two people going on a mission (because it turns into a matter of taking someone's word over another), so three was a good number, and was different from N1 mission's four.

In subsequent day, it would also be more informative if other people went go on missions (as of now three of the mission members are going again, with Ezekel being the only new one).

(I really need to get on a computer later so I can address more things.)

YNNNY, I'm saying that your Seath honeypot avatar conjecture, with Ezekel noticing, can also apply to you, because the scumminess he perceived was based on getting avatars confused. Can others chime in?

Yes, I had that avatar first cuz it's the sexiest Archer :> I like him blonde okay, I have blonde bias, okay.

I changed it before the role PMs were sent out from my original GAF avatar, but there's no way to prove that now though. I changed it after I watched the episode :>

I'd have stuck with it too, if Seath didn't cramp my style >:O

... maybe until Ezekel blew his load up in our faces
! Phrasing !

... at which point I'd be like OMG WHY DID I LIKE BLONDE GUYS :x

Kevyt

Yes, I had that avatar first cuz it's the sexiest Archer :> I like him blonde okay, I have blonde bias, okay.

I changed it before the role PMs were sent out from my original GAF avatar, but there's no way to prove that now though. I changed it after I watched the episode :>

I'd have stuck with it too, if Seath didn't cramp my style >:O

... maybe until Ezekel blew his load up in our faces
! Phrasing !

... at which point I'd be like OMG WHY DID I LIKE BLONDE GUYS :x

I also have a thing for blondes! lol

Wait a minute, you're always super nice and flamboyant (if I may so myself :p) to others and even though I haven't seen you play other Mafia games, maybe this is your style of playing or maybe you're trying to lure us away with your niceness.

I am a bit suspicious of you...

About all the "dont send 2 ppl since it would be he said she said" thing. I would be the one you could trust 100%. At this point if ppl don't trust me I should probably be the one on the chopping block. I know it's not guaranteed the other person with me would talk, but it's not like you can't trust me one bit.

@Yes: I've been watching Archer for a while. So I knew where the avy was from :p.

I also have a thing for blondes! lol

Wait a minute, you're always super nice and flamboyant (if I may so myself :p) to others and even though I haven't seen you play other Mafia games, maybe this is your style of playing or maybe you're trying to lure us away with your niceness.

I am a bit suspicious of you...

XD I was soooooooo wanting for Barry not to be a (mini spoiler?)
douche
cuz he's a blondie :<

And no wai you changed it right after you saw mine! I had it BEFORE the game started! If you really changed it as soon as you saw mine, should have done it earlier.... ly.

Oh, I talk like this generally on GAF. It is a hit and miss, actually. Some GAFfers find it totes irritating :< I try to keep in mind of those GAFfers, and when I see them in some threads, I tone my bubbliness the fuck down cuz it seems to bother some people :<

Im actually just super nice
(lol lais)
^_______^

uh, on that note, if any of y'all find my way of speaking annoying in this thread, let me know and I will do my best to tone it down <3 thankies~

squidyj

XD I was soooooooo wanting for Barry not to be a (mini spoiler?)
douche
cuz he's a blondie :<

And no wai you changed it right after you saw mine! I had it BEFORE the game started! If you really changed it as soon as you saw mine, should have done it earlier.... ly.

Oh, I talk like this generally on GAF. It is a hit and miss, actually. Some GAFfers find it totes irritating :< I try to keep in mind of those GAFfers, and when I see them in some threads, I tone my bubbliness the fuck down cuz it seems to bother some people :<

Im actually just super nice
(lol lais)
^_______^

uh, on that note, if any of y'all find my way of speaking annoying in this thread, let me know and I will do my best to tone it down <3 thankies~

she's actually just cthulhu. waiting for her cultists to get done with whatever's keeping them.

About all the "dont send 2 ppl since it would be he said she said" thing. I would be the one you could trust 100%. At this point if ppl don't trust me I should probably be the one on the chopping block. I know it's not guaranteed the other person with me would talk, but it's not like you can't trust me one bit.

@Yes: I've been watching Archer for a while. So I knew where the avy was from :p.

Whaaaaat, is that so? I could swear I saw you saying that you weren't very versed in some of the characters from the series. Maybe I'm misremembering posters? Let me read back~

Also, double negatives on the last sentence of the preceding paragraph makes my head spin a bit :<

In any case, ER! Since you are here, can you go over my mess ? Did I read you correctly? Did you do a double taken when there were suddenly TWO HoneyPot Archer avatars in the game?

..... lol I just had a thought that somehow Seath saved my hides from a very awkward predicament cuz he sort of made me changed my avatar BEFORE the Sterling Archer reveal XD

Thanks, Seathbama.

GUYS I'm really not the HoneyPot ... just in case you guys are still wondering >:O.

Let me put it this way: Go over my posts and tell me I'm not contributing to town. If you guys still think I'm either a KGB or a useless townie, I'd gladly bear your votes.

Also, it'd be coincidental as hell that the only girl in the game is assigned to be the HoneyPot. And by coincidental, I mean terribly sexist.

Kevyt

I actually don't understand why people distrust EzekelRage's role claim.

The only thing I do not understand is that according to Ezekel, honeypot is the only one that can target him, but just how? I am thinking of different scenerios:

1) Honeypot pretty much already knows who Sterling Archer is, and unless Ezekel is lying, he is a decoy and has some sort of special ability that makes him immune to an attack from honeypot. ER is essentially lying.

2) ER is still lying but he still is Archer and has a different ability (perhaps not completely different) where under special circumstances he can only be targeted - like perhaps he can be targeted during certain nights by honeypot, or he can go into a special mission and not be target at all during said night. Kind of how in the AC game there were some townies that would lock their houses and leave during certain nights. Archer is supposed to be one of the bests Special Agents there is... so maybe this is a possibility. ER omitted part of his abilities during his roleclaim.

3) ER is lying about honeypot. Maybe there is no honeypot in the game, and he cannot be targeted at all by the KGB. Maybe he losses if he is unable to meet his winning conditions. Maybe ER is just going to be here for the rest of the game unless lynched during the day.

4) ER is essentially allied with the KGB without being part of the KGB. SPOILER WARNING. Sorry, for the sake of the thread, I'm not using spoiler tags, so this sentence serves to warn those who haven't seen the series about some spoilers regarding Archer (the main character) and the KGB (the rival and enemy intelligence agency where Archer works):

Nikolai Jakov is head of the KGB and it is implied in the series that Archer is his son. He is killed by Barry, but Barry is turned into a cyborg and he is buried alive and part of him is dysfunctional, for the most part. The KGB also loses interest in Archer, maybe because ISIS is no longer as it used to be. There's really not a lot of rivalry left. And maybe because of Archer's connections to someone higher up in the KGB as Nikolai (though he eventually defects). This has me thinking... what if part of ER's role claim that he cannot be targeted by the KGB is pretty much because they have no interest. This would be revealed in this Mafia game by the fact that the KGB when targeting a player, who turns out to be Archer, they're unable to carry their lynching because of the above conditions (as ER said).

ER also implied (or perhaps it was someone else) that someone attempted to lynch him, and that's why there were no lynches on night one (or kills if we want to call it like that). But I find it improbable that the KGB would have correctly guessed that ER was Archer and tried to lynch him, without knowing that he was immune to their attack. Essentially the KGB lost a night, but maybe they did not? Perhaps something entirely different happened during night 1 given that some players went into missions and this adds a totally different dynamic to the game.

My point being that the KGB and ER already knew about this. Like a heads up, exactly I don't know how.

Well, this is an Archer Mafia game, so I expect lots of crazy turns and wild things to happen! lol \o/

Kevyt

I apologize for grammar errors and stuff! I know it's a long post and it's hard to read because I was rushing typing my ideas down without much revising.

Sorry, I can't English properly sometimes... xD

Kevyt

So yes, I trust and at the same time don't entirely trust ER, but I'm 80% sure he is telling (partially) the truth about his role claim.

In any case, ER! Since you are here, can you go over my mess ? Did I read you correctly? Did you do a double taken when there were suddenly TWO HoneyPot Archer avatars in the game?

Na, didn't really put much stock in the avys ppl chose since I figured no one would use a avy in reference to their real role. I am the exception since I roleclaimed.

ER also implied (or perhaps it was someone else) that someone attempted to lynch him, and that's why there were no lynches on night one (or kills if we want to call it like that). But I find it improbable that the KGB would have correctly guessed that ER was Archer and tried to lynch him, without knowing that he was immune to their attack. Essentially the KGB lost a night, but maybe they did not? Perhaps something entirely different happened during night 1 given that some players went into missions and this adds a totally different dynamic to the game.

I imagine it goes something like this. Honeypot has a secondary ability that may target ppl and killing me may be a side benefit. Say they are a roleblocker or something of that nature. I was the one who said KGB attempted to kill me N1. KGB most likely weren't looking for Archer. They just saw me as a potential threat due to the AC game, so they just sent some random KGB scum. But me being the amazing spy I am. No ordinary grunt can kill me, so I managed to fend off the attack.

Kevyt

Na, didn't really put much stock in the avys ppl chose since I figured no one would use a avy in reference to their real role. I am the exception since I roleclaimed.

I imagine it goes something like this. Honeypot has a secondary ability that may target ppl and killing me may be a side benefit. Say they are a roleblocker or something of that nature. I was the one who said KGB attempted to kill me N1. KGB most likely weren't looking for Archer. They just saw me as a potential threat due to the AC game, so they just sent some random KGB scum. But me being the amazing spy I am. No ordinary grunt can kill me, so I managed to fend off the attack.

Okay, post like this from you make me wonder if I should 100% trust you. I know I am going into conspiracy theory territory here but I just thought of something.

What if we are dealing with a really smart KGB team here? What if ER is part of the KGB and so is honeypot. ER is making all of this up in a joint effort to draw out the real Archer. Essentially, him role-claiming that he is Archer would have someone else come up and say "nope you're lying, I'm the real archer" so that the KGB already knows who the real Archer is, and assuming that honeypot isn't neutral but part of the KGB, can target the real Archer and the KGB has met their win condition.

But I find this a bit of a stretch considering that no one has come up and challenged ER's role claim (by claiming that they are the real Archer), the KGB would essentially be sacrificing one of their own, and honeypot would have to be part of the KGB. If this conditions are met, then this theory would be probable.

I'm going with Occam's Razor here and say that no, this is very unlikely.

It just something that came to mind.

Well.... OK.

I guess I'll just discard all of that avatar business then. For now.

So, on another note. You said this here, as I quoted even in my messy avatar mystery (#1016):

Fell asleep while writing my poster analysis and somehow everything got deleted. 2 hours before deadline I won't be able to go full analysis again in that amount of time. Even if I could there wouldnt be time for any discussion due to deadline. But did make observation that although Goddamn has 10 posts in the thread, I think only 7 of them come after the game started. Ill have my analysis for each voter posted at the start of the new day

Only reason he voted for me was because other votes didnt stick to me or something apparently?

Also, idk if it is because I skimmed or something Seath seems to be bandwagony? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else due to avatar or something.

Mind bolded parts. I understand your grand list was lost, and that's a daaaaaaaamn shame :<........but you only came back with this on D2 (#1149):

Day 1 voting and my read on players

TheGoddamn/Arkos/Enker/Mike - Seems to be more on the fluffy side.

Roy,Burbeting, - Middle of the road posting. Seems to be a little fluff but looks like they take part in the discussions as well though.

Cooljeanius - Started posting more in response to me voting for him for posting fluff. His posts seem to mostly consist of agreeing with other posters about who to vote for. Being convinced by Arkos about SJ, by Cabbeh for Enker, by various for me.
Septimus - Seems to be playing the inexperienced player angle? Thats not to say they arent inexperienced.

Cabbeh/Squidy/Haly/Palmer/Hobo - Nice amount of posts apart of the various discussions. Nothing too scummy atm.

Seath - Already been posted by others, posts a lot of fluff.

As I understand it, your analysis and recaps were of legendary stuff in the AC thread? Was the second quote your proper level of reads? I have to say I was a bit disappointed :<

A lot of people mentioned your changed playstyle in D1 and you, understandably, fended them off by saying that it was only D1 and that you subbed in (in AC game) so that's different!................. so I was like, fair enough.

But I just am not seeing what the AC vets people are expecting from you ... The things you got me on about you is just your roleclaim and your extreme usage of Archer GIFs

Just saying.

What if we are dealing with a really smart KGB team here? What if ER is part of the KGB and so is honeypot. ER is making all of this up in a joint effort to draw out the real Archer. Essentially, him role-claiming that he is Archer would have someone else come up and say "nope you're lying, I'm the real archer" so that the KGB already knows who the real Archer is, and assuming that honeypot isn't neutral but part of the KGB, can target the real Archer and the KGB has met their win condition.
f8701bf75dbfb57cfd53a879ddc9cf9f.jpg

As I understand it, your analysis and recaps were of legendary stuff in the AC thread? Was the second quote your proper level of reads? I have to say I was a bit disappointed :<
Anything I was gonna say had already been said throughout the thread already.

A lot of people mentioned your changed playstyle in D1 and you, understandably, fended them off by saying that it was only D1 and that you subbed in (in AC game) so that's different!................. so I was like, fair enough.

But I just am not seeing what the AC vets people are expecting from you ... The things you got me on about you is just your roleclaim and your extreme usage of Archer GIFs

With AC, I was like a dog with a bone. The difference is like I stated earlier, I have no real information. Day 4 I subbed into the AC game I could sift through hundreds of posts and do little cross things with the AC Map and votes. Like the situation with KingKitty, I was wrong, but I made a logical (least to me) case as to why I wanted to evict KK. I'm keeping an eye on things but nothing is standing out atm.

squidyj

what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if

f8701bf75dbfb57cfd53a879ddc9cf9f.jpg

Anything I was gonna say had already been said throughout the thread already.

With AC, I was like a dog with a bone. The difference is like I stated earlier, I have no real information. Day 4 I subbed into the AC game I could sift through hundreds of posts and do little cross things with the AC Map and votes. Like the situation with KingKitty, I was wrong, but I made a logical (least to me) case as to why I wanted to evict KK. I'm keeping an eye on things but nothing is standing out atm.

Okay cuz I'm totally jealous that you got Sterling Archer so I'm expecting a "World's Best Secret Agent" level of performance from you in the coming days !

On another note. You haven't gotten a vote on? Throw us a bone, Sterling~

Kevyt

what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if

Okay, I'm having a sort of "aha!" moment. What if Squidyj is Squidward tentacles?

giphy.gif

squiddddddddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyy

what if seath was an imperial agent and he was signalling me to recruit him cuz he thought i was kgb cuz of the honeypot avatar

and thanks for blowing my cthulhu role, dinner. let me just get the bbq going and we shall feast upon your slightly salted and peppered goodness. gosh.

guys, vote for seath

Kevyt

I don't understand why people don't like dick pics tbh... What's so bad about them? Yeah you might not ask for them sometimes but hey, it's eye candy. lol Or at least it can be. xD

Oh dont play so innocent, Mallory! This is just standard late-night office going-ons.... you should know best..... since you never closed the door.

Zubz

Banned
I don't understand why people don't like dick pics tbh... What's so bad about them? Yeah you might not ask for them sometimes but hey, it's eye candy. lol Or at least it can be. xD

... Sorian already has that Community GIF covered, but if he didn't, I think this'd be worth it alone.

Still not over Zubz mind. He really wants to avoid accepting his late day shenanigans with voting yesterday was like voting visualnte by proxy.

Again, sorry for the "shenanigans;" was trying to break a tie because of last minute votes happening as I was changing my own vote. I genuinely wanted to vote for Squidy, so I made the vote I wanted to make. I don't see what's so confusing/suspicious there, but I apologize if it seems that way. I guess it was a vote for Vis by proxy, but Vis wasn't the player I wanted to vote for.

Are our choices for who to lynch really going to be between El Topo and Squidy? Both are pretty active and I have a good feeling that El Topo isn't Mafia. I'm thinking of voting between cooljeanus and mikehawk since both of them are pretty inactive and thus wouldn't be a big loss if they're town. No one else is jumping out at me as Mafia right now.

Why do you think El Topo isn't KGB, out of curiosity?

---

The thing I'm most interested in right now is how the current votes are going. It's looking like El Topo, Darryl, and Squidy are the furthest up in the rankings right now. I'm fine with any of them getting voted on as it stands now. Squidy is pushing for the death of El Topo, and he fought hard to defend the Darryl Formerly Known as Tiger by pointing us all at Vis. So there are 6 possible outcomes to this vote, as I see it (Please correct me if I'm wrong; thank you!):

El Topo is Lynched, Turns ISIS: It doesn't necessarily mean anything other than us killing another innocent player/power role. It's entirely possible that the people pushing for El Topo simply thought he was KGB, but were mistaken.

El Topo is Lynched, Turns KGB: There would be absolutely no reason for Squidy to have bus-pushed El Topo, so my suspicions of him would be mostly cleared up! Plus, I'd be slightly more inclined to trust Darryl because it means the likely-not-KGB Squidy didn't try to get votes away from Tiger/Darryl to protect a comrade. Still very suspicious of the "Volunteering" thing, though. It seems unnecessary; even if it seems too obvious of a KGB pick, maybe he's thinking he can gain the Agency's trust, then late in the game go on a mission with the now-protected Ezekel, revealing he was a Honeypot this whole time? I dunno, that volunteer just didn't seem like a move that benefited anyone in the short term, outside of the obvious "I wanted to be protected"/saying (s)he wants to be protected but are actually an overzealous KGB Goon (Which, at this point, doesn't seem to be the best idea). I'm very suspicious of this...

Darryl is Lynched, Turns ISIS: Similar to the above; if he's ISIS, then that means Squidy's actions last night weren't to save a KGB comrade, but to genuinely get us to vote for Vis over Tiger. It doesn't necessarily make him not KGB, but it would definitely make him far more innocuous.

Darryl is Lynched, Turns KGB: It would seem much more likely that Squidy was also KGB in this case. Again, there's a chance that he simply didn't want us to vote for Tiger/wanted us to vote for Vis (He was relatively inactive, and I know some players hunt inactives down), but it would lend a lot of credence to the idea that he was protecting Tiger/Darryl.

Squidy is Lynched, Turns ISIS: Uh... Sorry about that! But, again, it means that suspicion on Darryl would be greatly alleviated (Albeit not entirely).

Squidy is Lynched, Turns KGB: Again, he'd've had no reason to bus-push El Topo like that, so it'd make El Topo seem a lot safer, while inversely, suspicion on Darryl would skyrocket.

Barring El Topo being an ISIS member, every one of those results would lead me to more-strongly trust/distrust the other 2 players. All 3 of these players are my Top 3 most suspicious right now, so being able to trust one/be more confident in distrusting another is worth the sacrifice this early in the game to me, especially with the possibility of it leading to 2 KGB agents. I'm sticking with my vote for Squidy for now, but if further developments arise, I would be willing to vote for one of the other 2, especially after seeing Darryl volunteer for the mission. Again, even if Ezekel makes it through the night, I can't help but feel there's an ulterior motive there.

Zubz

Banned
... Or whoever we voted for is a 3rd Party (I'm still convinced the Honeypot is KGB) and the whole point's moot.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm so glad to see we have that script running! Thanks, whoever made it! And YNnNY (Pronounced like "Hinny," I presume?), Season 3's hands-down my favorite one; you're definitely at a good part! Granted, 4-6 are still good, but they're not on the same level, IMO.

El Topo

Of course Darryl votes for me to save his own ass, without even justifying himself. Couldn't even muster up some bullshit "He feels shady" excuse. Not that he would get flak for that.

Not that anyone even bothers to think much about lynching me. Heck, there's not much of a discussion anyway. People just vote and move on.

I promise you guys this: You're lynching the wrong guy.

The thing I'm most interested in right now is how the current votes are going. It's looking like El Topo, Darryl, and Squidy are the furthest up in the rankings right now. I'm fine with any of them getting voted on as it stands now. Squidy is pushing for the death of El Topo, and he fought hard to defend the Darryl Formerly Known as Tiger by pointing us all at Vis.

Seems both squidyj and Darryl are pushing for my death, not that Darryl would post much. Can't blame him for that I guess, obviously if you don't post you live longer. Personally I consider that a dangerous stance, but many seem to be in favor of that.

I've gotten some pretty much guaranteed votes, I don't doubt that others will switch their vote to me to guarantee that someone gets lynched. I don't doubt that Darryl will survive this by not posting, nor do I have much doubt that squidyj is going to live on.

... Or whoever we voted for is a 3rd Party (I'm still convinced the Honeypot is KGB) and the whole point's moot.

Slightly off-topic, but I'm so glad to see we have that script running! Thanks, whoever made it! And YNnNY (Pronounced like "Hinny," I presume?), Season 3's hands-down my favorite one; you're definitely at a good part! Granted, 4-6 are still good, but they're not on the same level, IMO.

what script? i has my own lil voteycounty script ^____^ but i think ouro's script is just as loooooovely

.... i think its yeeny? XD idk

and awww sad to hear season 4 to 6 isn't as good ;___;

Topopo! You didn't take me up on my offer? Give yeeny a rundown of your thought process, or suspicious people, or do something pro-towny, and I'll take my vote off you (for now) :>

Zubz

Banned
Of course Darryl votes for me to save his own ass, without even justifying himself. Couldn't even muster up some bullshit "He feels shady" excuse. Not that he would get flak for that.

Not that anyone even bothers to think much about lynching me. Heck, there's not much of a discussion anyway. People just vote and move on.

I promise you guys this: You're lynching the wrong guy.

Seems both squidyj and Darryl are pushing for my death, not that Darryl would post much. Can't blame him for that I guess, obviously if you don't post you live longer. Personally I consider that a dangerous stance, but many seem to be in favor of that.

I've gotten some pretty much guaranteed votes, I don't doubt that others will switch their vote to me to guarantee that someone gets lynched. I don't doubt that Darryl will survive this by not posting, nor do I have much doubt that squidyj is going to live on.

I mean, despite being suspicious of you, I'm still more suspicious of those 2. Just not by a wide margin. Plus, I don't want to sound rude, but he didn't give much of an explanation when he voted for me, either, so at least he's not singling you out that way? An explanation would be nice, but that's just him doing him, I guess.

And I would switch my vote to you to guarantee you go down, but hey! I'd do the same thing for Darryl, too.

what script? i has my own lil voteycounty script ^____^ but i think ouro's script is just as loooooovely

.... i think its yeeny? XD idk

and awww sad to hear season 4 to 6 isn't as good ;___;

Topopo! You didn't take me up on my offer? Give yeeny a rundown of your thought process, or suspicious people, or do something pro-towny, and I'll take my vote off you (for now) :>

Hey, it's not like they're bad, Yeeny! It's just that 3's the pinnacle of the series to date (IIRC, Seasons 7 & 8 are both greenlit, yes? Or just S7?). And Season 5... I don't want to ruin anything, but that's its own can of worms. Again, it's not bad, but I'd argue that it was the weakest season. You'll see when you get there, but I can guarantee you'll still enjoy it!

Top Bottom