• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS data-mined: 20 fighter codenames found! Also, Nintendo says an update is soon.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys think this is going to happen? just drop it with a twitter announcement, a direct or a press release ?

A tweet, a website update, and a trailer on YouTube would be my guess.

Neoxon

If they don't give Biff his smooth, dulcet voice from the directs in a future update I'm going to riot
All of the voice acting is recorded in Japan. So even if Biff gets a voice change, it'll likely be his Japanese voice actor doing the talking.

Hm. Sweet's stage looks interesting so far.

I'm inclined to agree that the pretzel-haired mascot is likely Sweet themselves; question is: are they male or female? The mascot gives me the impression of a male, but it's a little out of focus...

Then again, Sweet COULD resemble the large lollipop clown logo that is front and center. Hmm. Hopefully we'll get a trailer or even launch soon!

ryex4ynn95fz.jpg

vIacUIg.png

"Knock Knock it's Knuckles"

7ojxR8X.png

Once again, the ARMS Subreddit has been analyzing images. Going by this comparison, I'm inclined to say that Sweet is a clown-themed character with a lollipop hat/hairstyle. Perhaps another heavyweight...?

XdQoEZs.png

After a little cosmetic surgery, I've improved the image's clarity somewhat.

Now, we can clearly see that the mascot on the window matches the clown logo on the sign. This confirms to me that Sweet is likely this clown, with the sign being his/her logo.

7ojxR8X.png

Once again, the ARMS Subreddit has been analyzing images. Going by this comparison, I'm inclined to say that Sweet is a clown-themed character with a lollipop hat/hairstyle. Perhaps another heavyweight...?

XdQoEZs.png

After a little cosmetic surgery, I've improved the image's clarity somewhat.

Now, we can clearly see that the mascot on the window matches the clown logo on the sign. This confirms to me that Sweet is likely this clown, with the sign being his/her logo.

Interesting, hope to see a release soon

Neiteio

Gimme dat ARMS update. Make it the creme filling between the delicious Oreo that is Sonic Mania and Mario + Rabbids.

Those look like harem pants to me....and a pony tail? I'm thinking it's a female, Persian-themed fighter? Have no idea what that has to do with sweets :|

We just got another teaser, & there seems to be something going on with the fighter's hair. Also, NUNCHUCK ARMS!!!

Fascinating! Time for a detailed analysis!

The character seems to be some sort of jester, either wearing a jester cap or a long ponytail styled like one. Likely a girl, based on the body type. She seems to have very low ARM Girth; perhaps even lower than anyone else in the roster.

I can't tell what material her ARMS are made of, but it's probably safe to guess taffy or some other candy. It also appears that either her legs or pants are made of this material, as they move with elastic physics reminiscent of Helix.

Her signature ability appears to be inflating temporarily, possibly deflecting oncoming punches. It also appears to boost her jump height considerably. She also boasts a double jump.

It's unclear, but she seems to be roughly Helix's (unstretched) height, judging by the very brief moment in which we see her defeat a 1v100 RNA Man. She also appears to move at roughly his walk speed.

The stage we see is clearly the one shown in Biff's previous post. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that, in the final scene, the camera is sitting on the table Biff was eating cookies at.

Finally, her Nunchuk ARMS seem to be a unique class, as their behavior doesn't quite match any known ARMS. They seem to begin swinging quite violently when charged; perhaps they can harm foes in close proximity without being thrown...?

All in all, a solid tease that leaves me excited for a true reveal trailer!

Fascinating! Time for a detailed analysis!

The character seems to be some sort of jester, either wearing a jester cap or a long ponytail styled like one. Likely a girl, based on the body type. She seems to have very low ARM Girth; perhaps even lower than anyone else in the roster.

I can't tell what material her ARMS are made of, but it's probably safe to guess taffy or some other candy. It also appears that either her legs or pants are made of this material, as they move with elastic physics reminiscent of Helix.

Her signature ability appears to be inflating temporarily, possibly deflecting oncoming punches. It also appears to boost her jump height considerably. She also boasts a double jump.

It's unclear, but she seems to be roughly Helix's (unstretched) height, judging by the very brief moment in which we see her defeat a 1v100 RNA Man. She also appears to move at roughly his walk speed.

The stage we see is clearly the one shown in Biff's previous post. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that, in the final scene, the camera is sitting on the table Biff was eating cookies at.

Finally, her Nunchuk ARMS seem to be a unique class, as their behavior doesn't quite match any known ARMS. They seem to begin swinging quite violently when charged; perhaps they can harm foes in close proximity without being thrown...?

All in all, a solid tease that leaves me excited for a true reveal trailer!

Great analysis.

I extracted a still from the gif. Definitely a girl.

Indeed; it seems fairly obvious to me that Sweet is a female clown. The questions left unanswered as of yet:

•What will her color scheme be? What about the details rendered unclear in the grainy footage?

•What will be her name? Her stage's name?

•How do her signature abilities work?

•Other than the Nunchuks, what are her Signature ARMS?

When I heard the new fighter was going to be some kind of candy/clown hybrid, I sort of lost interest, but she actually looks pretty intriguing from this tease. Excited to see more.

When I heard the new fighter was going to be some kind of candy/clown hybrid, I sort of lost interest, but she actually looks pretty intriguing from this tease. Excited to see more.

I had rather hoped for a huge, rotund clown like a deranged balloon of sorts, but I must admit that I find the actual design fascinating thus far. I'm very much looking forward to the full reveal and release!

I had rather hoped for a huge, rotund clown like a deranged balloon of sorts, but I must admit that I find the actual design fascinating this far. I'm very much looking forward to the full reveal and release!
That could have been cool. When I saw the stage, I thought it was going to be some annoying, wacky-in-not-a-charming way clown, but the jester theme with a pair of hammer pants looks super snazzy. Way above expectations for me.

Building on my prior analysis after some more research:

The character seems to be based on the Pierrot in particular. Anyone familiar with video games is most likely aware of this particular type of clown, as they appear in titles like Parodius, Puzzle Bobble, Marx from Kirby, and, more recently, Clownpiece from Touhou.

Here is a rough translation of Biff's tweet, courtesy of the ARMS Subreddit:

Biff said:
Chairman!! Here comes some footage of that recently rumoured Fighter! Coincidentally, in the Summer Holidays!! They seem to be equipped with a unique ARM... I don't understand all the details, but, this kind of strange body type seems to lend to their fighting style. Eh - after that, the camera was destroyed - hah! A written apology should be in order...right...!
Enjoy !

Going by this information, the Nunchuk is indeed an entirely new class of ARM. Additionally, this confirms that Sweet's actual BODY inflates, not her outfit.

Given the post-every-two-days rate of the recent flow of information, I anticipate Sweet's trailer either Thursday or Friday, with their full release either the same day or in the middle of next week.

How soon did update 2.0 come after the hedlok teaser video was put up on twitter

The grainy Hedlok Shuffle teaser was posted July 10, with the Max Brass update launching July 12. This reinforces my two-day pattern theory, lending credence to Friday as Sweet's release day, perhaps with a trailer Thursday or even on Friday.

Top Bottom