• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS data-mined: 20 fighter codenames found! Also, Nintendo says an update is soon.

ckfy63a

Pretty sure “the guy who just continuously throws out balls” is referring to Helix and his default Blorb ARM (grasping at straws, but we see the Helix themed drink bottle on Mechanica’s workbench in the illustration also); though why would Biff blank on the name then? I’m hoping for a new character tease (at least) tomorrow, but also keeping low expectations.

Pretty sure “the guy who just continuously throws out balls” is referring to Helix and his default Blorb ARM (grasping at straws, but we see the Helix themed drink bottle in the illustration on Mechanica’s workbench also); though why would Biff blank on the name then? I’m hoping for a new character tease (at least) tomorrow, but also keeping low expectations.

Oh, of course. Not wanting to overhype is perfectly understandable. I'm merely speculating here!

Regiruler

Make guardians larger and increase their second attack distance. I'd be ok with making their first movement a little slower to compensate.

Neiteio

So a new fighter will be in the update after this balance patch... Neat. But when do you think that new fighter update will be?

moeman

Hopefully they will add some more single player content in the next few updates. A mission mode would be nice.

ryex4ynn95fz.jpg

Someone over at the ARMS Subreddit brightened up a photo from the ARMS Labs Reports. Notice the eyes? How about those coiled branches? Yep; I'm thinking that this may be Plant. A shambling bush?

Yesssssssss

Hopefully it's a plant monster!

You have no idea how much I want a huge monster plant. NO IDEA

If we take this at face value, and Plant is literally the bush we see here, that would be an interesting take on the usual plant monster trope. It actually gives me Pikmin vibes, which I love! Though, a stereotypical Venus Flytrap would be good too!

Hmm. I wonder what sort of ARMS and Abilities this hypothetical Bush would have...?

I honestly LOVE the way it looks in that picture but I don't think it meshes well with the rest of the cast, I'm sure Nintendo has a kooky creature design more in line with the other fighters for it and it's merely lurking in that bush. I'd love to be wrong though!

Edit: I could see it having some kind of spiked weapon (thorns), or maybe something that poisons your opponent the way other upgrades freeze/burn/shock?

I honestly LOVE the way it looks in that picture but I don't think it meshes well with the rest of the cast, I'm sure Nintendo has a kooky creature design more in line with the other fighters for it and it's merely lurking in that bush. I'd love to be wrong though!

I think a photorealistic Plant would actually be interesting; take advantage of ARMS' more cartoonish style to make an admittedly somewhat goofy concept into an unsettling character. Similar to how Helix is cartoonish but still somewhat unnerving due to his mannerisms and voice. Maybe Plant could be the opposite? Relatively restrained personality but an eerie design?

File%20Aug%2011%2C%204%2035%2022%20PM.jpeg

I increased the color contrast and brightness of the image. This confirms that the visible "arm" is indeed the same color as the visible branches; to me, this nearly confirms that the bush either is Plant or part of them.

It also reveals some natural scenery that doesn't match any locale we've seen in ARMS. Presumably Plant's home Stage.

It's also worth noting that there are faint, but noticeable swirl patterns in the bush's leaves.

Hmm. Upon further inspection, I'm somewhat inclined to read the "arm" as a leg or snake-like tail... Could this Plant slither across the ground?

Berordn

Huh, didn't realize they actually had a model for Biff.

I guess that makes him likely as a character down the line too.

File%20Aug%2011%2C%204%2035%2022%20PM.jpeg

I increased the color contrast and brightness of the image. This confirms that the visible "arm" is indeed the same color as the visible branches; to me, this nearly confirms that the bush either is Plant or part of them.

It also reveals some natural scenery that doesn't match any locale we've seen in ARMS. Presumably Plant's home Stage.

It's also worth noting that there are faint, but noticeable swirl patterns in the bush's leaves.

Hmm. Upon further inspection, I'm somewhat inclined to read the "arm" as a leg or snake-like tail... Could this Plant slither across the ground?

lUvzFzM.png

It's clearly Tangela.

Dyle

Look at the window to the right, it shows a person with a pretzel hairdo. I bet she's the new fighter and not just a mascot for the store because she has the mask around her eyes

And if it's not her, then it'll be a girl with red licorice arms and green hair, or maybe they're one and the same, idk

Top Bottom