• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari is teasing Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 on Facebook (don't get excited)

Berordn

Unsure about that, it seems more like the bright popout style that every P2W nightmare uses.

I guess it kind of helps that the originals were already kind of going for that style, and it's just brigher, cleaner and higher resolution here.

edit: but that animation, what. how is it choppier than RCT1 and 2

akileese

"coming to ipod, iphone, and ipad". That's cool. It's not like Android exists and has the largest market share or anything.

To think we were recreating Six Flags parks on RCT2 more than 10 years ago, to end up with this shit. Just looking at the rollercoasters from the trailer make me want to barf.

And they really named it RCT4Mobile? Ugh.

tumblr_mz5u316uH01qzbqw1o1_400.gif

whitehawk

Banned
Honestly, the visuals and base gameplay looks decent. It's just the IAP stuff that I'm really worried about.

Also, no Android version for some reason.

Merino

Favorite game series of all-time ruined by the godawful mobile-era.

My hopes for a true PC sequel had been low for a while but it stil hurts to see it become a reality.

Gigarator

At this point I'd just settle for somebody fixing RCT3's performance issues. There's no way we're getting a proper sequel any time soon.

This thread is hilarious. Did everyone forget to balance their expectations for this? The days of the original roller coaster tycoons are over, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that this could be a fun time waster. One mediocre trailer that doesn't even show how systems are implemented is an interesting method for judging anything by.

A-V-B

This thread is hilarious. Did everyone forget to balance their expectations for this? The days of the original roller coaster tycoons are over, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that this could be a fun time waster. One mediocre trailer that doesn't even show how systems are implemented is an interesting method for judging anything by.

Why is this worth defending?

Why is this worth defending?

I'm not defending this game believe it or not. Is it unfair to say that a game could be a fun time waster, rather than saying it has no right to exist? I agree that the chances of it being anything worthwhile are not good, but why be narrow minded for the sake of being narrow minded?

ryan299

They should of just ported RCT to ipad. I wouldn't even care if there was IAP for more coasters and rides but they ruined the franchise with this game

A-V-B

I'm not defending this game believe it or not. Is it unfair to say that a game could be a fun time waster, rather than saying it has no right to exist? I agree that the chances of it being anything worthwhile are not good, but why be narrow minded for the sake of being narrow minded?

Probably because mobile gaming has to prove itself as something other than an alternate method of turning people into gambling addicts. Until then, reception is going to be cynical as hell.

I don't think anybody has a problem that this game exists, just that a PC sequel doesn't. You could make the greatest Half-Life 3 mobile game in the world, but it would still be incredibly bitter news if that's all Valve gave us.

Top Bottom