• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Totori Plus (Vita) |OT| Stealthily Adventuring onto PSN

Varion

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't there an ending in Meruru wherein that exactly happened? Albeit, Rorona returned to her old pre-Totori self. Or is this different?
Meruru endings:
There wasn't, no. The only endings where Rorona isn't a child are the 'Just as planned' end where she ends up 14 forever without any of her memories (she doesn't even know who Totori is), and the Tea Party end where all the girls end up 14 forever and... well I'm not usually one to call things like this creepy but that ending really is disturbing to watch. So basically in both of those she's aged up a bit but considering she was older than 14 by the end of Totori as it is, I don't think you can really argue either of those have her restored to her 'original' form.

Also, one of the screenshots of the added events they released has Meruru wondering if the potion of youth she made is reeeally going to return Rorona to normal, and another one has Astrid reacting to Meruru trying to lecture her about something (no screenshot of what Meruru said to her) by challenging her to make a more complete one. So yeah, it seems to be suggesting she finds out about Astrid's obsession with 14 year olds and decides to take it upon herself to make a proper one to give us the end we want.

Tizoc

$40...but depending on your PSN spending this month, you might be able to factor in a $10 rebate as a justification...

Hmm would've gotten it if it were $30 ^_^;
So this game is traditional turn based jrpg+item crafting right?

Download is nearing the end although I'm not sure if I'll play tonight as I have an ear infection which hurts rather badly. Had a few questions though.

I hear people talking about this dreaded time limit, what is that about? And I noticed in the trophies there seem to be many endings, so how long are these games exactly. I really know nothing about them, lol.

Download is nearing the end although I'm not sure if I'll play tonight as I have an ear infection which hurts rather badly. Had a few questions though.

I hear people talking about this dreaded time limit, what is that about? And I noticed in the trophies there seem to be many endings, so how long are these games exactly. I really know nothing about them, lol.

The time limit for this game is related to raising your adventurer's rank. Basically doing tasks, completing quests, exploring new places will give you points that can raise your rank and you have to reach a certain rank by some time or the game will give you a nonstandard game over. It's not big deal and should be fairly easy to reach.

There's another time limit that's not so straight forward or even clearly stated in the game and instead is related to what kind of ending you can get. Without going into spoilers, the best advice for that one is to look out for the big storyline events and create what they ask you to.

There are multiple endings for this game that is related to what you do. Each ending is related to clearing certain flags and there are quite a number of factors for which ending you'll get. It's really no big deal unless you are aiming for the platinum and by then you'll probably follow a FAQ anyway.

Basically, just play normally on your first playthrough and consult a FAQ on the second for the whole ending thing.

Didn't care for what I played of Meruru but I'd be tempted by this if TKE want to also do a stealth release.
The games are very similar even though I prefer the characters and story in Totori. If you didn't like Meruru you probably won't like this.

What's this I hear about slowdown and long loading times? How bad is it?

Reknoc

The games are very similar even though I prefer the characters and story in Totori. If you didn't like Meruru you probably won't like this.

What's this I hear about slowdown and long loading times? How bad is it?

Probably. I think I might have more patience for it on a handheld though.

Durante

cLm.jpg
I'm very happy that they managed to keep the AA and make it native res on Vita. Should look fantastic on the OLED.

I would jump on a physical European release straight away but €40 for a digital copy is putting me off.

I have plenty of games to be playing at the moment anyway so I will hold off for now. Plus or sale and I am in though.

Reknoc

Tecmo-Koei are known for their competitive digital pricing (lol)

Really though it's a bit much, especially after Gung-Ho were cool enough to release RO at a reasonable price (though that game was also admittedly rather late).

Ohnonono

This game looks pretty amazing on screen. Not far enough into it to decide if I am a huge fan or not but DOA5+ and this on the same day really show off the power of the system.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Regarding Rorona

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...lus-producer/rorona-plus-will-not-be-released

Anime News Network said:
Japanese game developer Gust began streaming the fifth and final countdown video for the Meruru no Atelier Plus: Arland no Renkinjutsushi 3 (Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland) PS Vita game on Tuesday. The game's director Yoshito Okamura once again "narrates" the latest video, which features a guest visit from the game's producer Keisuke Kikuchi.

Kikuchi revealed that a "Plus" port of the first Arland game, Atelier Rorona, will not be released. He went on to explain:

The only title left [unported] in the Arland series doesn't have the kind of content we can use to finish up the Plus series, and most of all, we want to make the title an expansion that conveys the reason why we left it for last.

Kazzy

Will this ever get a physical release? Just curious, though I doubt the unassuming release of this bodes well for that.

Never played one of these games, but would definitely be compelled to give it a try on the Vita.

Do you miss much if you havent played Rorona before hand?
I played Totori first and it was easy to follow the story. If you're planing to play Rorona then you should play that first though.

The plot in Rorona is very simple and the only thing you're going to miss out on are references from some of the cameos.

I have the Japanese release. I would jump right now into an English version if boxed retail. Since it looks to be digital only I will think about it. At least I have until April 12th to decide.

Midou

Been tempted to pick up the PS3 version lately, though I typically don't like gust games. I don't mind the concept of item crafting, but is the combat and such decent? Didn't play any of the others.

crinale

Tecmo Koei's buyout may have helped quick localization maybe...?

BTW, we may have some hope for Rorona Plus or something close.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_2y4g-aMm8

It may be already mentioned somewhere else but this is roughly what the guy is saying:
"Since Totori and Meruru Plus projects went well, Rorona Plus will NOT be released. There's a reason it's been left out from Plus series, so please look forward to what we can reveal later on."

Volcynika

Tecmo Koei's buyout may have helped quick localization maybe...?

BTW, we may have some hope for Rorona Plus or something close.

They probably used NISA's localization and either got NISA's help or did their own work for the additions to the game.

Durante

I just checked, and it's even on the Austrian PSN store already. 39.99€. I fear I'll somehow convince myself to buy it before the 17th.

Do you think a Rorona remake would be released for the Vita or for another platform? Would it make sense to use it as a test case for a PS4 engine?

Top Bottom