• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

Q9cBx.jpg

tokvo.jpg

iCtr8AuQWky5n.jpg

iTjYixvpXkfKp.png

ibpvG860T7iLHo.png

• Combat Zone Wrestling
    • Live iPPV: Tangled Web V - Vorhees, NJ. Signed; DJ Hyde vs Matt Tremont - Tangled Web Match, BLK Jeez vs Greg Excellent, plus Joe Gacy, Rory Mondo and more to be announced

iFad2f5ZZOdkJ.JPG

• New Japan Pro-Wrestling
    • 22nd G1 Cliamx Tournament - August 1st ~ August 12th. Participants -
      • Block A;
        • Hiroshi Tanahashi
        • Yuji Nagata
        • Satoshi Kojima
        • Karl Anderson
        • Shelton Benjamin
        • Toru Yano
        • Yujiro Takahashi
        • Minoru Suzuki
        • Naomichi Marufuji
      • Block B;
        • Togi Makabe
        • Hiroyoshi Tenzan
        • Hirooki Goto
        • Tetsuya Naito
        • MVP
        • Rush 
        • Shinsuke Nakamura
        • Kazuchika Okada
        • Lance Archer

i4HsM2vVlbwwP.png

• Pro-Wrestling NOAH
    • Shiny Navigation 2012 - August 9th ~ August 30th. NOAH vs Diamond Ring, KENTA vs Atsushi Kotoge, Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Super Crazy, Sugiura Return Match; Takashi Sugiura & Naomichi Marufuji vs. KENTA & Maybach Taniguchi

il85L8B9w7kO5.jpg

• Ring of Honor
    • TV Taping - August 3rd, Baltimore, MD. Signed; Kevin Steen (c) vs Homicide, Adam Cole (c) vs Michael Elgin, Sara Del Rey vs Mia Yim, plus, the first rounds of the ROH Tag Team Title Tournament. Participating teams -
      • Team #1: Jay & Mark The Briscoes
      • Team #2: Nick & Matt Jackson, The Young Bucks
      • Team #3: Ruckus & Jeez, The BLK OUT
      • Team #4: The Guardians of Truth w/ Truth Martini
      • Team #5: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
      • Team #6: The Bravados, Lancelot & Harlem
      • Team #7: Rhett Titus & ??
    • Live iPPV: Boiling Point - Augus 11th, Providence, RI and live worldwide via iPPV. Signed; Kevin Steen (c) vs Eddie Kingston, The Briscoes vs Jacobs & Corino, Eddie Edwards & Sara Del Rey vs Mike Bennett & Maria Kanelis,  Michael Elgin vs Charlie Haas, Jay Lethal vs Tomaso Ciampa, Roderick Strong vs Mike Mondo

iAkzNUy4y0yT3.png

• SHINE Women's Wrestling
    • Live iPPV: SHINE #2 - August 17h, Ybor City, FL and live worldwide via iPPV. Signed; Jazz vs Mercedes Martinez, plus, Daffney, Rain, MsChif, Portia Perez, Christina Von Eerie, Leva Bates, Sassy Stephie, Jessicka Havoc, Reby Sky, Santana, Allysin Kay, Taylor Made, Su Yung, Kimberly, Mia Yim, Taeler Hendrix, Heidi Lovelace & Josie

Also for this thread

1qat0.jpg

NO KANES ALLOWED

Hall of Shame for JULY
GH2Jx.jpg

t7wUK.png

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
SHARING THE OP WITH D-BRY AND AJ AND TNA

YOU'RE CRAZY

CM PUNK'S THE WWE CHAMPION

I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE THE OP

YOU'RE A BAD OP KOG

YOU'RE CRAZY

LOOK AT ME

CM PUNK IS THE WWE CHAMPION

SHOW HIM SOME RESPECT

SHOW HIM SOME REPSECT

SHOW HIM

#RESPECT

Aiii

So not worth it
During Monday’s live WWE Raw broadcast, A.W. made a crass joke referencing NBA player Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault case years ago. As client Titus O’Neil tangled with Kofi Kingston in a singles match, A.W. yelled from ringside, “Titus O’Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado hotel room. He’s unstoppable!!” The WWE personality issued an apology late Monday evening via Twitter and noted that “there was no malicious intent behind the joke.”

A.W. wrote, “It was either a Kobe or Lebron joke. Lebron jus won the Finals so there you have it..Myself!”

The remark was in reference to the basketball star being accused of sexual assault in summer 2003 after having sex with a 19-year-old hotel employee in Colorado. In September 2004, prosecutors dropped the case after his accuser refused to testify. A civil suit was later filed and settled out of court.

Following the commercial break, WWE broadcaster Michael Cole issued an apology on behalf of the organization for “remarks made by A.W.,” though without specifically referencing the joke. F4WOnline.com reports that many people were furious backstage over the remark, as well as in disbelief.

After Raw, WWE issued an official apology via TMZ.com reading, “A.W. made an inappropriate comment and WWE immediately apologized. WWE has taken appropriate action in the matter.” The representative, however, did not specify what “action” was taken against A.W.

Well then, goodbye Abraham Washington's career.

Maybe he can go manage Claire Lynch.

Aiii

So not worth it
So how do you see the top posters of a topic? I'm failing hard here trying to find out if there's a link hidden somewhere.

Aiii

So not worth it
FYI: Last night's Raw had 50 minutes of commercials for you US folks.

Not counting the stuff they did on the show of course. Take that, the did you knows, the touts and the constant replays, I'd reckon there's about 1:40h of actual program left.

Of course I'm not counting an overrun here, so I'm assuming 3 hours of show. Any overrun should be added to commercial time.

That said, I did enjoy the show. Bryan is too good at selling losing though, I understand his loss was to progress his story-arc of being a hissyfit-throwing guy, but he's so entertaining at it I doubt he'll win another watch for the next six months. Poor guy.

Read some of the July-thread, really don't get the AJ hate, but I reckon it has alot to do with how protective you lot get whenever something bad happens to D-Bry. You're protective of him like he was your own child.

Punk is going de douchebag heel route, it's a shame, I would've liked him to be more intense. But it does make alot of storyline-sense, so yay Creative for actually getting shit right. Is it just me or are they alot more concious of continuity nowadays, it's like they're suddenly developing a memory at WWE Creative and actually tying up loose ends and having some logical character development, that's rather shocking actually.

Lawler pissed me off again though, seriously: "Vickie is trying to get people to cheer Ziggler, nobody's cheering this Vickie!"
Crowd: "LETS GO ZIGGLER"

This guy has a hearing disorder that is most unique. He should get it looked at really.

Aiii

So not worth it
I fucking love D-Bry, but this thread is overreacting to his supposed "burial"

I mean, of the 1:40 minutes of Raw, he was on like half of it again. They really do seem to love seeing the guy on air. I loved the segments with the doctor. Come on, that goatface was amazing.

Top Bottom