• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

3qZqG.png

I was going to fast forward the Cena/Show match, but Punk was on commentary. Between this and the sprinkling of Bryan segments throughout the show, I practically had to watch the entire thing!

Aiii

So not worth it
Also, one of these days, they need to do a Raw where whoever does the opening promo just spends the next 3 hours of the show repeating his last sentence in response to the godawful What-chants.

Fuck the crowd, if they want to what everything and everyone, might as well listen to Big Show saying the same thing over and over for 3 hours. Take a page out of Slick's book.

Because seriously, I am so damn sick of the what-chant.

No Kanes allowed? oh no no no, that's it KOG, i've had enough of you holding down the gaffers who made this thread survive through the sea of spring time shit, I am now campaigning that thread creation rights be passed on to someone with class, someone with dignity, someone with charisma, someone like....ME! It's not even about Kane no more, you are denying Wrasslegaffers their freedom of speech, you will continue to censor more and more like the corrupt leader you are until this thread is simply a Jeff Hardy appreciation thread and this makes me absolutely sick.
Your reign of cosplay and card game induced terror is coming to an end, I will win over the wrasslegaf audience and they will elect me as the saviour of September, a new era is dawning, the O.W.L Era!
(Official Wrasslegaf Leader)

Oh and there was a Raw episode that i've yet to mention, it was better than I expected, a solid amount of wrestling, still not that great but it could have been far worse with the 3 hour setup. Daniel Bryan segments were great, Punk needs to get around to the pipebombs. Another WWE title triple threat match after having one at NWO is kind of lame, Summerslam is shaping up to be a pretty boring card but that's the standard setup for Summerslam these days.

Aiii

So not worth it
Another WWE title triple threat match after having one at NWO is kind of lame, Summerslam is shaping up to be a pretty boring card but that's the standard setup for Summerslam these days.

SummerSlam lame? We seem to be getting Kane vs D-Bry at SummerSlam.

Wasn't it just last week that everyone was so sure that Daniel Bryan would job to Charlie Sheen at Summerslam? I don't know what to believe anymore though I would like Kane/Bryan at Summerslam with Kane putting him over big time and selling Bryan's insane asylum rage.
Though I can easily see Kane just dispatching of him if such a match happens, Bryan's ppv losing streak is hard to ignore.

Aiii

So not worth it
It won't.

AJ is hardly the attention whore Stephanie McMahon is.

This is blasphemy, AJ deserves our admiration and respect! Damnit WrassleGAF!

lol

You know it will happen.

I don't know how it'll look. Not sure if want...

On the actual RAW from what i watched which was everything after the first hour 15, the matches were longer which is really nice. Lots of D.Brine sprinkled throughout the rest of the show in a manner reminiscent of reoccurring gags in the attitude era days. The ending was abrupt as it seemed like Punk was going to smack the daylights out of AJ, though that may be just me wanting punk to smack everybody ESPECIALLY Lawler.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's amazing how much better wrestlers looked when they didn't have their entire bodies covered in tattoos.

i just want orton to punt people again.

Also punk tearing Jerry lawaler a new one was great

im willing to see where this aj as a GM thing goes

also that AW joke was pretty funny

Striker

Watched the show on Youtube:

- RECAPS
- AJ as GM is awful
- Cole talking up WWE's Youtube and Tout, wonderful
- RECAPS
- HHH
- touts -_______-
- this thing where "who's crazier," should lead to AJ going to an asylum and bringing back a boyfriend, who will be Dean Ambrose (too good to be true)
- RECAPS
- tag match had nice action
- HHH again
- main event can be best described as "how can Cena do that?!", 3-way at SummerSlam, meh

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody on WrassleGAF should ever be allowed near WWE's booking team. None of us! At all!

We'd be the worst frigging bookers ever I'm sure. We can't even agree on anything here. Let alone book anything beyond a week's time or let a storyline progress or have dept.

No, bad idea.

Kyoufu

Nobody on WrassleGAF should ever be allowed near WWE's booking team. None of us! At all!

We'd be the worst frigging bookers ever I'm sure. We can't even agree on anything here. Let alone book anything beyond a week's time or let a storyline progress or have dept.

No, bad idea.

I wouldn't let Soulplaya get anywhere near the booking, but Striker at least has some idea of what the product should be.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

No, bad idea.
Storyline > booking. There's a lot of writers on GAF. I'm sure Garry Whitta or someone could come up with a 1 year storyline where x wrestler vs x wrestler is amazing left and right because of multi character development.

Right now there's only a few good bookings and their story lines and characters are meh for the most part.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Some choice Touts from last night's Raw:

http://www.tout.com/m/jspf1h - how dare you

http://www.tout.com/m/wlqkhe - child with a ball on his head

http://www.tout.com/m/fp77qp - anti vickie positive hairline

http://www.tout.com/m/vtiynu - I have no words

http://www.tout.com/m/cwi7rx - Kyoufu?

http://www.tout.com/m/r9oo8t - foul mouthed kid!

http://www.tout.com/m/ngfrhg - oh dear

Bah I'm at work so I can't watch them. (I can watch them, but I imagine half the hilarity is their talking)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bah I'm at work so I can't watch them. (I can watch them, but I imagine half the hilarity is their talking)

You can view the child with the ball on his head, no need for words there. :|

Ydahs

Glad to see Orton back. I know he's (unfairly) disliked around here, but I reckon he's one of the most refined wrestlers in the company. Superb athlete, though he struggles with his face promos. A heel turn should freshen his character up.

I'd rather have him feud with Punk in place of Big Show and Cena, but I don't think that's going to happen soon. Will be interesting to see what feud he's placed in.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ got over without breast implants, so I wouldn't worry to much about her getting them now.

All she needs to do is ditch the suit and go back to showing her body, I find the suited-AJ very hard to fap to.

Linkified

No, bad idea.

I would be so good at it, what you do is a simple formula:
  • Create match to set up feud.
  • Create instance of where the match is important: Championship, No.1 Contendership, WWE Contract, etc.
  • Create instance of where foe gets upper hand
  • First match Heel gets upper hand, second match Face upper hand.
  • Third/Final match put on a gimmick style match.

Its easy simple to remember: if you want to set up a feud NEVER NEVER let the Face win the first match.

Ithil

AJ got over without breast implants, so I wouldn't worry to much about her getting them now.

All she needs to do is ditch the suit and go back to showing her body, I find the suited-AJ very hard to fap to.

Yeah, the hot pants look can't be beat. Plus it's her standard wrestling attire.

Not sure I like GM AJ.

Ideally she should be wrestling but being stuck in the WWE's diva division with the current roster is a fate worse then TNA so I guess if its that or being stuck doing something a bit silly I would go with the silly.

Also dirt sheets saying AW might be suspended or even Released. I actually quite like him and the prime time players so I hope nothing bad happens. Maybe just a slap on the wrist. I mean if Micheal Cole can call a co worker gay slur on twitter I hope they give AW some slack here.

Oh and a triple treat WWE title match means only a few things. Punk can win without pinning Cena or Cena can win without pinning Punk. Ether way they can contiue this feud no one wants without making ether guy look like the loser.

Top Bottom