• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shinsuke Nakamura, outta fucking NOWHERE;
naitokickbiy4r.gif

I got juggled like a ring rat in my first online game

Funny story, despite having the first version of MVC3 so I sort of knew what I was doing in UMVC3 when I first went online in that game I got perfected by a Magneto that knocked the shit out of me, and that's why I stick to local multiplayer.

G-Fex

Funny story, despite having the first version of MVC3 so I sort of knew what I was doing in UMVC3 when I first went online in that game I got perfected by a Magneto that knocked the shit out of me, and that's why I stick to local multiplayer.

It reminds me of that time I got squashed by DJSandman in WWE 12

strobogo

Banned
As opposed to Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Owen said he wanted to retire early, but you know what? A lot of wrestlers say that. I think it's highly unlikely, but the 'Game' Owen Hart was actually supposed to be a thing. Was it the same idea as 'The Game' Triple H? Who knows. Triple H still would've married Stephanie, so I'm sure he still would have gotten his spot, but it may have come along later if it wasn't for A) Owen's death and B)HBK's back injury. May not have, who knows. Let people wonder, and this is coming from someone who likes Trips more than hates him.
elbowidlf8.gif

My point was Owen wasn't a top guy to Vince and never was. He was the super dependable guy that can make anyone look great. Especially towards the tail end of his career when HHH had already been primed for 3 years at that point to be the next big heel. People seem to forget that HHH was getting the main event heel push before he and Stephanie were an item. He won his first title the night after Summerslam 99. The angle with Steph and Hunter (which is when they became an item in real life) didn't start until near the end of the year. He already in the midst of his big push when Owen died. While Owen was doing a mid card comedy gimmick. In fact, on the show that Owen died on, HHH had the semi-main event against The Rock, who was arguably more over than Austin at that point. Owen's death had zero impact on HHH's push. That's a weird thing that I've never heard brought up at all. I've never heard The Game Owen Hart, either. Where did that come from?

Barrage

My point was Owen wasn't a top guy to Vince and never was. He was the super dependable guy that can make anyone look great. Especially towards the tail end of his career when HHH had already been primed for 3 years at that point to be the next big heel. People seem to forget that HHH was getting the main event heel push before he and Stephanie were an item. He won his first title the night after Summerslam 99. The angle with Steph and Hunter (which is when they became an item in real life) didn't start until near the end of the year. He already in the midst of his big push when Owen died. While Owen was doing a mid card comedy gimmick. In fact, on the show that Owen died on, HHH had the semi-main event against The Rock, who was arguably more over than Austin at that point. Owen's death had zero impact on HHH's push. That's a weird thing that I've never heard brought up at all. I've never heard The Game Owen Hart, either. Where did that come from?

"Primed for 3 years"? No. HHH was buried for a year after the Kliq incident, as HBK was the WWF's biggest draw and everyone else had left. Other then that, you're pretty on point.

Top Bottom