• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

GBONZZZZ

Jesus fuck, don't do that. We do not want Triple H vs. Lesnar, it wasn't that good in the first place, why redo it at WM? Use his WM match for Bryan or someone deserving.

DAMNIT HUNTER!

Wow. Brock vs. Undertaker or bust, or possibly an up and comer that would benefit from beating Brock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I doubt Taker wants to wrestle Brock after what happened before.

Also, AHAHAHAHA WWE PUT OVER A YOUNG UP AND COMER. HAHAAHHAHAH

Alucard

Banned
How do you guys continue to watch Raw? Is it stockholm syndrome? After the past two weeks, I would've figured most people in here would be jumping ship.

jmdajr

How do you guys continue to watch Raw? Is it stockholm syndrome? After the past two weeks, I would've figured most people in here would be jumping ship.

It's not a big deal It's just a show. It's not like I get mad watching it. You know..it's just for fun. Don't really care to do much else on Mondays besides watch the tube and chill, and that's what I want to watch. If it was destroying my life somehow by going into fits of rage, sure I'd watch something else. The only other thing I might watch is Monday Night Football.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, the full length main event from New Japan's Dominion show is online, and I don't think I'm overstating things when I say it's a definite match of the year contender;

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - (NJPW 06/06/12)

FUCK. That was seriously awesome. How is Okada so damn good? Just about everything he does is crisp and timed perfectly, and I love the fact that Tanahashi injures Okada's knee early on and he sells it so well throughout. Awesome stuff.

Reminder: Everyone, watch this.

Just part of the routine I guess. I have been watching almost every week the last 10 years.

I have seen so many shitty episodes of RAW that now I am just numb to it.

On the plus side I now ONLY watch RAW. haven't been able to sit through a Smackdown and its shitty crowd editing in years.

jmdajr

Just part of the routine I guess. I have been watching almost every week the last 10 years.

On the plus side I now ONLY watch RAW. haven't been able to sit through a Smackdown and its shitty crowd editing in years.

Yeah I just do Smackdown on the DVR.

This isn't even the worst its been, it not THAT bad actually. If you go into something negative 1st of all of course your gonna hate it. I just watch it at work anyways it runs in the background. I do enjoy watching Superstars and NXT though thats where the actual wrestling in the WWE happens and jobbers get a chance to actually be competetive. Pretty much the demographic has changed When Cena said that show was for 9 year olds he wasn't joking

Alucard

Banned

Translation: "I've just been with my girlfriend for so long, and we had such AWESOME times when we first met, that I can ignore all of the verbal abuse she gives me now. And I don't mind that she no longer gives me oral. It's just part of our life now. I don't really want to think of other girls either. What's the point? I'm stuck here and not leaving. It's just habit. She's not THAT bad."

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They're afraid to watch alternatives
tumblr_m9izyfnRIA1r8f92to1_500.gif

Alucard

Banned
This isn't even the worst its been it not THAT bad actually. If you go into something negative 1st of all of course your gonna hate it. I just watch it at work anyways it runs in the background. I do enjoy watching Superstars and NXT though thats where the actual wrestling in the WWE happens and jobbers get a chance to actually be competetive.

I haven't been going in negative. Why waste 3 hours for around 30 minutes of stuff that actually feels like it's going anywhere, or that actually entertains at more than a "meh" level?

Kaladin

I still try to watch because WWE might give us a gem like the Kane and Daniel Bryan anger management sessions, but 3 hours makes it hard to watch sometimes. If I didn't have to watch most of it at work, and have work to get distracted by, I don't think I could make it.

jmdajr

I haven't been going in negative. Why waste 3 hours for around 30 minutes of stuff that actually feels like it's going anywhere, or that actually entertains at more than a "meh" level?

Wrestling is perfect because I don't have to give my full undivided attention like a Movie/Videogame/Book etc. I can cook, chat with my wife, get my stuff ready for tomorrow, eat, laundry, wind down, blah, blah, blah. Monday night is time to relax and it works out great for me. Or should I spend more time on gaf? I'm already on here all the time! Really, who gives a shit who watches it and why. Are we judging everybody's hobbies now? What are gonna do if not watching Raw? Some community work? Feed the homeless? Take an online course to better yourself? I'm guessing no. And it's perfectly fine. People can do whatever the fuck they want on their own time.

NawidA

Banned
Hey, can someone just make a post of what was good after each Raw and Smackdown so we can just Youtube those instead of watching?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding punk's "blade" job - not that I give much of a shit whether it was or not, but - what could Lawler have done to cause that? I saw nothing close.

You should probably watch it off youtube then if you still want to keep watching, that way you can just fast forward through most of it and skip the people you don't care for.

Sokantish

Why would they jump ship now if they haven't before? You think this is the worst RAW has ever been? It's weird people are saying this now, and praise impact like it's some amazing weekly spectacle. They're both okay. I wouldn't say either of them has been great, but they aren't god awful either.

Regarding punk's "blade" job - not that I give much of a shit whether it was or not, but - what could Lawler have done to cause that? I saw nothing close.

When I was watching it on RAW I originally thought he bladed but then some people in here were saying it was because he was going face first into the cage, I dunno

Bowser

Punch off the top rope duh

Kidding.

As for RAW, since Raw 1000, I've had it on DVR and start watching at 10PM. I can usually FF through the crap I don't care about and catch up around 10:40 EST when the main event angles start unfolding

Why would they jump ship now if they haven't before? You think this is the worst RAW has ever been? It's weird people are saying this now, and praise impact like it's some amazing weekly spectacle. They're both okay. I wouldn't say either of them has been great, but they aren't god awful either.

HHH reign of Terror and John Cenas reign of Terror were both points where i stopped watching for a while i couldn't take it. They shoved Cena down everybody's throats

photo103_display_image.jpg

jmdajr

Lots of people like to complain but don't do anything about it. At least some people took a stand and actually quit watching because they hated it. Good for them. But for everyone else who doesn't hate it and enjoys watching, why convince them they have to hate it too?
Sure let your voice be heard, but don't drag everyone else down with your negativity.

Kaladin

I think he was first opened up the second time he hit the cage, and Punk didn't really protect himself against Lawler's closed fists so that probably got it bleeding good.

somedevil

He posted this picture of his head stapled. So I don't think he bladed at all just the usual newz stuff.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/240894624573571072/photo/1

For all the people ask why some watch. Raw problem is they don't have enough yet for 3 hours so that drags down the show. Its not as bad as some people say here. People love to be dramatic here.

Impact also has been average to bad for the last month as well. The Claire Lynch angle and aces and eight has dragged down the show. Remember Austin Aries? because impact has seen to forget about him.

edit: He just posted some guys tweet that he wish the cut was across his Jugular. I see why now Julie Riley quit. lol

GBONZZZZ

I keep it on TV while I'm on the computer at the same time. Only pay attention when something good/interesting happens. Which is almost never, though.

jmdajr

I can't imagine anyone from here would ever actually want a wrestler to die. But sometimes I wonder with a few of the posts here and there. Just the other day someone wished for Kelly Kelly to break her neck and die in the ring. Maybe just a poor attempt at humor. NOT SURE!

People who talk shit to celebrities on Twitter are incredibly lame.

Punks twitter account is great he will only retweet the negative tweets that tell him to die or the ones that say they want the Big Show as WWE Champion. Punk always tries to flirt with AJ on there too which is pretty funny.

Sokantish

I can't imagine anyone from here would ever actually want a wrestler to die. But sometimes I wonder with a few of the posts here and there. Just the other day someone wished for Kelly Kelly to break her neck and die in the ring. Maybe just a poor attempt at humor. NOT SURE!

Some people who post here get really worked up about their wrestling. It's because they just love it so much!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, can someone just make a post of what was good after each Raw and Smackdown so we can just Youtube those instead of watching?

No joke, just download the WWE app on your phone.

It's got like 5 minute video summaries of all the major stuff basically. It's a super-condensed version of Raw and Smackdown, and if you see a match that looks good you can go find the whole thing.

Ithil

He posted this picture of his head stapled. So I don't think he bladed at all just the usual newz stuff.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/240894624573571072/photo/1

For all the people ask why some watch. Raw problem is they don't have enough yet for 3 hours so that drags down the show. Its not as bad as some people say here. People love to be dramatic here.

Impact also has been average to bad for the last month as well. The Claire Lynch angle and aces and eight has dragged down the show. Remember Austin Aries? because impact has seen to forget about him.

edit: He just posted some guys tweet that he wish the cut was across his Jugular. I see why now Julie Riley quit. lol

Lance Storm ‏@Storm_Wrestling
@CMPunk If you "bladed" as everyone seems to think, where did you hide the hachet you must have used. #Ouch
heh

Aiii

So not worth it
Lots of people like to complain but don't do anything about it. At least some people took a stand and actually quit watching because they hated it. Good for them. But for everyone else who doesn't hate it and enjoys watching, why convince them they have to hate it too?
Sure let your voice be heard, but don't drag everyone else down with your negativity.

I don't hate WWE. In fact, I think they're not so bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really miss the King of the Ring PPV. It was always my absolute favorite event.

I thought it was just as prestigious as winning a title even if they did have some goofy choices. I thought the King of the Ring did a way better job of elevating people than MTIB because you could always win MITB or even Royal Rumble by getting lucky. You'd win the title with MITB by 'getting lucky', but for King of the Ring, you had to go through a bunch of competitive matches to get the win.

King of the Ring 1994 highlights featuring sick Tatanka suplexes and powerslams

Top Bottom