• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu...I just spent $90 on MP4's at SMV in their 25% off sale yesterday - too many sales, gotta save my money for the 4 iPPVs this month, but that PWG grab bag is tempting.

I don't even know how the hell I'm gonna watch all I have. It's ridiculous at this point, I feel like an archivist - but I've seen some of your collection, Boots - and I'll never, ever be able to top THAT. You're a true scholar.

I don't even know how the hell I'm gonna watch all I have. It's ridiculous at this point, I feel like an archivist - but I've seen some of your collection, Boots - and I'll never, ever be able to top THAT. You're a true scholar.

Haha, yeah, I'm in the process of ripping my collection at the moment and realised I'm going to need at least one more 1TB HDD to store it all.

Currently at; 565 gigs, 350+ shows across 47 promotions, and still not even half-way done ripping stuff :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad wrestling archives suck at getting with the digital age. I refuse to buy anything physical these days when it comes to media.

Kaladin

Haha, yeah, I'm in the process of ripping my collection at the moment and realised I'm going to need at least one more 1TB HDD to store it all.

Currently at; 565 gigs, 350+ shows across 47 promotions, and still not even half-way done ripping stuff :/

Damn son. That is a collection right there. I would almost be interested in something like that but I would have no chance in hell of watching it all.

spindashing never ran shit

except for old hentai tapes on frankman's VCR

August Wrasslin' |OT| of John Cena and TNA or whatever :\

Who Posted? said:
Total Posts: 6,915
User Name Posts
spindashing 300
JdFoX187 300
Rafa=FedKilla 280
The Frankman 267
jobber 266
Lunchbox 254
Brinbe 245
Keyser Soze 211
Kusagari 211

September Wrasslin' |OT| of The Dreamcast of McGillicutty and "MAH SON!"

Who Posted? said:
Total Posts: 7,958
User Name Posts
AdawgDaFAB 684
spindashing 660
Lebron 534
Brinbe 388
Rafa=FedKilla 322
theultimo 241
Kusagari 239
jobber 221
Seraphis Cain 188

October Wrasslin' |OT| of Bound for Hell on Syfy

Who Posted? said:
Total Posts: 8,323
User Name Posts
spindashing 461
BoboBrazil 396
Rafa=FedKilla 343
Keyser Soze 313
JdFoX187 308
Lunchbox 306
Lebron 230
Kusagari 227
Brinbe 221

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Who Posted? said:
Total Posts: 14,272
User Name Posts
spindashing 475
dream 405
Keyser Soze 400
Kyoufu 363
Plywood 314
Lunchbox 314
DMczaf 309
Professor Beef 305
The Frankman 302

July Wrasslin |OT| Dirty Harry

Who Posted? said:
Total Posts: 16,751
User Name Posts
spindashing 797
Net_Wrecker 516
Plywood 484
BoboBrazil 483
Shadowlink 464
Professor Beef 450
Keyser Soze 429
DMczaf 421
dream 418

I'm not sure if I agree completely - I think Cena is responsible for helping keep the company afloat due to its missteps outside of wrestling. Think of it like this - Cena merch basically allowed the company to not die thanks to the XFL, thanks to WWE Films, and more. I know the different WWE divisions don't completely hinge on merch sales for one person so to speak, but in the end, all the money gets kicked up to Vince and he decides how to spend it - without Cena being around and a major draw and merch seller for the past almost ten years, well, I think the business as a whole would REALLY be hurting.

Hmm, that's sort of hard to say. I mean, I have no doubt that Cena helped the company survive but I sort of wonder what WWE would look like if they didn't have their Superman. The reason why I think Punk's contributions are more important was the fact that he dispelled the myths that the legions of indy guys who came after the attitude era can't work and can't draw. I think it's not totally dissimilar to Michaels becoming a main event talent in the 90s despite being (90s) small.

Daniel Bryan is unquestionably a better wrestler than Punk and his personality has really caught up to his ability in the past year, but I truly believe he never would have been given the ball if Punk hadn't been the face for "ROH" talents in the WWE.

XenoRaven

So I had a friend of mine share something with me that another mutual friend of ours had discussed with him. I want to share it with you guys to see what you think, because I wasn't really watching wrestling during the era being discussed.

He said he feels that if Owen Hart hadn't died, HHH may never have been as big or as successful as he was. He felt Owen would have been placed in the ultra heel role that HHH was in and probably would have done it better. A lot of people say that heel character HHH played pretty much defined his career and solidified him as one of the top performers of his generation. I know it's all speculative, but what do you guys think?

G-Fex

So I had a friend of mine share something with me that another mutual friend of ours had discussed with him. I want to share it with you guys to see what you think, because I wasn't really watching wrestling during the era being discussed.

He said he feels that if Owen Hart hadn't died, HHH may never have been as big or as successful as he was. He felt Owen would have been placed in the ultra heel role that HHH was in and probably would have done it better. A lot of people say that heel character HHH played pretty much defined his career and solidified him as one of the top performers of his generation. I know it's all speculative, but what do you guys think?

Owen getting a push? I thought Vince hated the harts, thus me constantly seeing Owen on Shotgun saturday night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Owen getting a push? I thought Vince hated the harts, thus me constantly seeing Owen on Shotgun saturday night.

According to every interview ever, EVERYONE loved Owen. Regardless of how they felt about the Harts. Hell, Shawn loved Owen. Owen was probably on Saturday Nights because he loved wrestling and just wanted to be part of it in every possible way. X-Pac thought Owen was the most talented member of the Hart family, but he didn't have Bret's focus.

It wouldn't be that surprising. When Owen came back, he was originally going to feud with HBK and Austin who were the two biggest stars there, but there was so much fire on Austin that it was hard to want to put in another 'anti-HBK, anti-McMahon' guy. I think if Owen stuck around, he would have absolutely won the title. If anything, as a thank you for sticking with them when Jim, Bret, and Davey left.

Also, he always had the best music

G-Fex

Beats me. That's why in throwing it out there.

I really don't know then.

I'd love to wonder these things if HHH wasn't so selfish to bring himself to the center of attention, if Owen was alive...if Steph married Eddie instead.

I bet things would've been probably amazing.

G-Fex

According to every interview ever, EVERYONE loved Owen. Regardless of how they felt about the Harts. Hell, Shawn loved Owen. Owen was probably on Saturday Nights because he loved wrestling and just wanted to be part of it in every possible way. X-Pac thought Owen was the most talented member of the Hart family, but he didn't have Bret's focus.

It wouldn't be that surprising. When Owen came back, he was originally going to feud with HBK and Austin who were the two biggest stars there, but there was so much fire on Austin that it was hard to want to put in another 'anti-HBK, anti-McMahon' guy. I think if Owen stuck around, he would have absolutely won the title. If anything, as a thank you for sticking with them when Jim, Bret, and Davey left.

That's amazing to hear.

I fucking loved Owen, even seeing him in that tag team with Jarett.

He truly was the best king of the ring and was an amazing Heel.

I wonder how a super buff Owen Hart heel run would've been like.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's amazing to hear.

I fucking loved Owen, even seeing him in that tag team with Jarett.

He truly was the best king of the ring and was an amazing Heel.

I wonder how a super buff Owen Hart heel run would've been like.

I mean, Owen Hart was kind of HHH and Jericho before both of them.

Also, Triple H said in one of his books that Owen was originally going to be 'The Game'

G-Fex

I mean, Owen Hart was kind of HHH and Jericho before both of them.

Also, Triple H said in one of his books that Owen was originally going to be 'The Game'

No Shit? That's amazing to hear about.

...Now I'm not only sad but i'm super pissed at that asshole Russo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
X-Pac also says, before they went to the WWF, and maybe even after, Owen would travel with fans to save money. And Macho Man said him and Owen used to ride together, and I can't even imagine what that was like.

G-Fex

Frankman I assume you and the New Nation 2.0 will join the E-fed for WWE 13?

Are you a bad enough dude to join the Wrasslegaf Wrestle Wrasslin: The new Generation?

tm24

1. Negro Navarro & Solar vs Trauma I & Trauma II
Oh man, love me some Trauma action. One of the best tag teams in the world. And seeing them take on their dad and solar is just fun since theyll try to beat the shit out of them while the old men show why Quackenbush bought so many of their tapes to ripoff thier holds

Kaladin

Delirious predicts a victory for his followers in The Batiri at King of Trios:

8/29/2012: {Translated from Azerbaijani:}

Now transparent the collective unit of creatures on a pursuit for redemption.

Now transparent the assembly of those exiled on a voyage of carnage.

Now transparent the fusion of lost souls with a hunger for punishment.

NOW

WE are as one - WE are forced - WE are ripe.

I and I will lead their body with I and I’s mind.

The words of our adversary yields misinformation. Creating our BehaviorConceptsEmotionsPain in the corrupt universe.

I and I convey accurate affection to them.

No longer in unknown slavery to fulfill the desires of others.

Recycled and fervent.

A communal purpose amongst us.

The serpent appointed as a son.

The serpent incarnate on this garden.

The serpent able to translate I and I’s words.

A Trios victory is pending, demons.

A Trios travesty is pending, adversary.

Doomsday is 2014

A Pestilence comes September.

End.
DELIRIOUS

http://www.chikarapro.com/blog/8-29-2012.php

Yes, Delirious can blog.

Are you a bad enough dude to join the Wrasslegaf Wrestle Wrasslin: The new Generation?
Hell no. The only way I'm joining a Online fed is if y'know, the companies get off their ass and make a game that caters to that: good online, no move spam and customizable as fuck with maybe the DoR engine.

I'd like to join too. You can design my character however you want, I just ask that his skin be normal colored.

G-Fex

Hell no. The only way I'm joining a Online fed is if y'know, the companies get off their ass and make a game that caters to that: good online, no move spam and customizable as fuck with maybe the DoR engine.

But...I was going to make you a monster heel and you were going to be awesome and champion. You were going to be the HHH of wrestling video games.

I'd like to join too. You can design my character however you want, I just ask that his skin be normal colored.

So you want him to be a black guy?

What color did I consider normal again?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Okada vs Tanahashi from 6/16. That match was white hot. Okada is so good! Thank you Bootaaay. Match of the year contender indeed!

GBONZZZZ

I've got a dilemma, I haven't a clue what to get tomorrow I've got so many things I want to get!

Including Madden 13 :(

I wad actually shocked to see how much better Madden 13 is than Madden 12. I only kept Madden 12 for a couple months before trading it in. Pretty sure I'm gonna keep '13 till '14 comes out

G-Fex

I wad actually shocked to see how much better Madden 13 is than Madden 12. I only kept Madden 12 for a couple months before trading it in. Pretty sure I'm gonna keep '13 till '14 comes out

Dude it IS Better!

So depending on my check it looks like I'm getting Persona 4: Arena and maybe Madden or Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders II or something else..

Soooo gonna trade in Madden 12

jmdajr

I've never bought a NFL game in my life. Yet I love the NFL, have Texans season Tickets, watch games not involving my team, dig the fantasy FF, etc. I don't know. The videogames just doesn't translate the fun for me.

G-Fex

I've never bought a NFL game in my life. Yet I love the NFL, have Texans season Tickets, watch games not involving my team, dig the fantasy FF, etc. I don't know. The videogames just doesn't translate the fun for me.

Not even Tecmo bowl?

Not even Blitz?

Top Bottom