• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

543636_414708575243408_1896510601_n.jpg

http://wwe.me/dkriA

Why does this make me think more of rape prevention than wrestling?

take my money

strobogo

Banned
Fantastic gif.

Owen was not ever going to be in the spot HHH eventually had. That's silly as fuck. If Owen didn't get a title run out of the Black Hart thing after the screw job (which he should have, even if just for a month), it was never going to happen. He was winding down his career when he died. And was essentially back to doing a comedy heel gimmick in the mid card. HHH was already a heel by that point and being positioned to be the top heel. Owen's death had nothing to do with HHH's push. At all. In fact, if the Blue Blazer stuff continued, I'm sure Owen would have turned face again. He was only going to stick around for a few more years, so there is no way he was going to get the top dominant heel spot for that reason alone. The other reason being he was Owen Hart. I loved Owen, but come on.

I really miss the King of the Ring PPV. It was always my absolute favorite event.

I thought it was just as prestigious as winning a title even if they did have some goofy choices. I thought the King of the Ring did a way better job of elevating people than MTIB because you could always win MITB or even Royal Rumble by getting lucky. You'd win the title with MITB by 'getting lucky', but for King of the Ring, you had to go through a bunch of competitive matches to get the win.

King of the Ring 1994 highlights featuring sick Tatanka suplexes and powerslams

Tournaments in general need to make a comeback and I hope that's where they're going with this "Suddenly a Tag Division Appeared!" thing. I was especially loving the BFG series because it had so many matches allowing people to win and lose (or Robbie E), up until last week when they decided to insult my intelligence.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Owen was not ever going to be in the spot HHH eventually had. That's silly as fuck. If Owen didn't get a title run out of the Black Hart thing after the screw job (which he should have, even if just for a month), it was never going to happen. He was winding down his career when he died. And was essentially back to doing a comedy heel gimmick in the mid card. HHH was already a heel by that point and being positioned to be the top heel. Owen's death had nothing to do with HHH's push. At all. In fact, if the Blue Blazer stuff continued, I'm sure Owen would have turned face again. He was only going to stick around for a few more years, so there is no way he was going to get the top dominant heel spot for that reason alone. The other reason being he was Owen Hart. I loved Owen, but come on.

As opposed to Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Owen said he wanted to retire early, but you know what? A lot of wrestlers say that. I think it's highly unlikely, but the 'Game' Owen Hart was actually supposed to be a thing. Was it the same idea as 'The Game' Triple H? Who knows. Triple H still would've married Stephanie, so I'm sure he still would have gotten his spot, but it may have come along later if it wasn't for A) Owen's death and B)HBK's back injury. May not have, who knows. Let people wonder, and this is coming from someone who likes Trips more than hates him.
elbowidlf8.gif

Kaladin

September Wrasslin thread being formatted as we speak......

last minute re-writes to the program......

that damn Vince never wants to make up his mind on things.

somedevil

Raw Ratings Breakdown:

In the quarters, Ryback vs. Jack Swagger and Natalya vs. Layla lost 160,000 viewers. The Vickie Guerrero/A.J. interview and brawl gained 439,000 viewers. So all that crowd reaction for the segment equated to more viewers watching as well. John Cena vs. The Miz gained 525,000 viewers but that also went through 9 p.m. when a ton of people are going to naturally tune in. Heath Slater vs. Santino Marella lost 124,000 viewers. Brodus Clay & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow and the final Anger Management segment lost 214,000 viewers. R-Truth vs. Daniel Bryan gained 232,000 viewers. The HHH retirement segment was the big segment of the show gaining 257,000 viewers and doing a 3.51 quarter. Since I would expected that segment to do huge, and it was the highest point of the show, the long shows starting at 8 may have hurt the 10 p.m. segment’s ability to pull the big gains as you’d have expected this segment to add 700,000 viewers. Sheamus & Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio lost 576,000 viewers. That’s with two of the top three babyfaces in the company and two of the more pushed heels. That’s losing due to the length of the show. David Otunga vs. Zack Ryder lost 131,000 viewers. And C.M. Punk vs. Jerry Lawler gained 479,000 viewers and did a 3.35 overrun. Lawler vs. Punk saw Boys 12-17 go from 1.9 to 2.3, Males 18-49 go from 2.7 to 3.2, Women 12-17 stay at 0.9 and Women 18-49 to stay at 1.1.

The length of the show seems to effect the ratings gains, but Daniel Bryan fighting R-Truth gains while AJ gained viewers as well.

Also, CM Punk gets the ratings from the 12-49 male audience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Excited. And I hope you have a good vacation!

G-Fex

Poor Djsandman

I just stole your thunder again

B6xTI.jpg

What can I say? I've made a habit out of making OT's.

Third month's a charm!

somedevil

There is a rumor floating that when Ric Flair returns to the WWE they will pair him Dolph Ziggler. Flair's compete clause runs out September 10th.

All we need is a PPV like countdown

Thread prediction time?

September Wrasslin

- I will keep asking "where the hell is Wade Barrett?"

- Soul Playa posts about Kane and continues to avoid watching Raw aside from youtubing Kane segments

- Indie wrasslin interest in the thread reaches a new high to counteract the crummy direction WWE is continuing to head down and interest is assisted by the informative opening post

- Sunflower has big plans with his community angle, time to get GAF ACTIVE

- TNA heads back down the drain with the power of June and Summer having run out, Beef will weep.

- Fight of Fighters will have a huge upset and G-Fex will choke like Daniel Bryan at WM live on his stream.

G-Fex

Thread prediction time?

September Wrasslin

- Soul Playa posts about Kane and continues to avoid watching Raw aside from youtubing Kane segments

- Indie wrasslin interest in the thread reaches a new high to counteract the crummy direction WWE is continuing to head down and interest is assisted by the informative opening post

- TNA heads back down the drain with the power of June and Summer having run out, Beef will weep.

- Fight of Fighters will have a huge upset and G-Fex will choke like Daniel Bryan at WM live on his stream.

I lost my smile half an hour ago when I realized I can't do shit in UMVC3

I still try to watch because WWE might give us a gem like the Kane and Daniel Bryan anger management sessions, but 3 hours makes it hard to watch sometimes. If I didn't have to watch most of it at work, and have work to get distracted by, I don't think I could make it.

I watched those on Youtube and they were nothing special. Sorry SoulPlayer.

It gave off some heavy 'Matt Morgan Direct Auto Insurance commercial' vibes, know what I mean?

Kaladin

When I copy what I have done into word the OP is:

11 pages of text
1,255 words
9,183 characters without spaces
10,315 characters with spaces

jmdajr

Thread prediction time?

September Wrasslin

Thanks Mene Gene. This could be the greatest OT of all time. Email your Gaf mod and be sure not to miss out!
Lets take a look back at how it all started.

I lost my smile half an hour ago when I realized I can't do shit in UMVC3

I remember that feeling, you really have to get the standard air combo that pretty much everyone has and then muscle memory it into your very being to at least begin getting to grips with how the games played, but that's like the first step on a very long road, i'm content with my scrub powers.

G-Fex

I remember that feeling, you really have to get the standard air combo that pretty much everyone has and then muscle memory it into your very being to at least begin getting to grips with how the games played, but that's like the first step on a very long road, i'm content with my scrub powers.

I got juggled like a ring rat in my first online game

Top Bottom