• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

PROGRESS seem to be having a miserable weekend.

Pete getting injured

TK breaking his ankle

All the venue problems

Glen is (possibly still) in hospital with TK and Dahlia

And the rest of the crew have been in a car rental place overnight with no food, and are stranded in New York without a way to get to Boston

Foggy

Queen Mayu's got some new gear, dig it

DHGW-NZV0AAm8dI

Ithil

I just finished the show, I needed sleep so I didn't watch it live. The Shibata return came out of nowhere, wonderful to see him moving around.

That botched piledriver on the table in the main event was way too dangerous.

I'm just finishing the 8/8 show with Suzuki vs. Okada now. I'm a little burnt out on wrestling after yesterday, but I must push through.

Meanwhile, I found Zach in Digimonstory: Cyber Sleuth:
q5nDKGD.jpg

I was damn near tears when shibata came out.

I just finished the show, I needed sleep so I didn't watch it live. The Shibata return came out of nowhere, wonderful to see him moving around.

I don't think it was a botch, I think it was the plan.

Hex

Banned

Was totally planned.
Naito moved the rail just for it and held onto it on the way down to protect the fall.
Kenny's head was protected the entire time.
It was a great set up and a great work.
Much better way to go then to try and trust the table the way tables have gone this G1

shaowebb

Real talk...I haven't paid attention to Dragon Gate in a good while with NJPW being so hot even though a few of my faves are from there (Masato Yoshino is a big fave of mine).

How are they doing in numbers? Are they struggling? Losing ground? Gaining ground? Doin same as always?I keep seeing them put up full shows from the past few months and just skimming they look like low turnouts.

Can I finally hope for some of its talent to drift to NJPW? I really really wanna see some of them there. I feel Yamato and BxB Hulk could really work in NJPW.

Foggy

Real talk...I haven't paid attention to Dragon Gate in a good while with NJPW being so hot even though a few of my faves are from there (Masato Yoshino is a big fave of mine).

How are they doing in numbers? Are they struggling? Losing ground? Gaining ground? Doin same as always?I keep seeing them put up full shows from the past few months and just skimming they look like low turnouts.

Can I finally hope for some of its talent to drift to NJPW? I really really wanna see some of them there. I feel Yamato and BxB Hulk could really work in NJPW.

No idea about financials or crowd numbers, but I think the consensus this year is that critically it's been a bad year. Some of it is out of their hands with injuries and some is because of some head-scratching booking. YAMATO's reign has not been too great.

shaowebb

No idea about financials or crowd numbers, but I think the consensus this year is that critically it's been a bad year. Some of it is out of their hands with injuries and some is because of some head-scratching booking. YAMATO's reign has not been too great.

Thats sad too considering how long they pushed the feuds to get him into that slot back in the day. Him and BxB Hulk were at it awhile. Honestly makes you wonder if they backed the wrong half of Yamato/Naruki Doi when they finally went after each other. I really wish all of these guys would just get absorbed by NJPW. It'd round out the numbers for the NJPW locker room and lead to some fresh matchups for a long while.

Is Masato Yoshino still out BTW? He always delivered. That is until Shingo jacked his whole spine up on that DVD botch.

Foggy

Thats sad too considering how long they pushed the feuds to get him into that slot back in the day. Him and BxB Hulk were at it awhile. Honestly makes you wonder if they backed the wrong half of Yamato/Naruki Doi when they finally went after each other. I really wish all of these guys would just get absorbed by NJPW. It'd round out the numbers for the NJPW locker room and lead to some fresh matchups for a long while.

Is Masato Yoshino still out BTW? He always delivered. That is until Shingo jacked his whole spine up on that DVD botch.

A lot of people feel Doi should've won at Final Gate and I think everyone thought he should've been the one to challenge YAMATO at Kobe World instead of T-Hawk. They're definitely in a curious place but I believe Big R and Mochizuki are having a #1 contender match which I'm excited about.

DG is still the #2 promotion in Japan and they've still got a bright future with young guys like Big R and Ben-K and Yamamura. I certainly don't want anyone to leave, except Shingo but that's just because I want to see him wrestle everyone.

And yeah Yoshino has returned and miraculously didn't miss a step. Speed Muscle had the match of the night against CIMA and Dragon Kid at Kobe World.

Just vomited wtf do I have.

You went to a sushi bar, you knew what evil you were messing with.

giphy.gif

Pete getting injured

TK breaking his ankle

All the venue problems

And the rest of the crew have been in a car rental place overnight with no food, and are stranded in New York without a way to get to Boston

Jesus, really?

Mahonay

Banned

Pete getting injured

TK breaking his ankle

All the venue problems

God damn. And here I was complaining about getting home at 1:30 last night.

RBH

Pete getting injured

TK breaking his ankle

All the venue problems

They should send Big Van Vader to Boston to return and help Progress out!

Tall4Life

So it's basically no contest at this point, right? Omega is the wrestler of the year, easy. 2 6+ star matches, another 5 star match (might be higher), and very likely another 5+ star match with Naito.

Pete getting injured

TK breaking his ankle

All the venue problems

I was there. Despite it being an awesome show, fuck was their luck horrible.

Top Bottom