• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

tumblr_oumt8oQbkN1u1ljrzo3_500.gif

I love that moment. Naito's like "yeah, whatever kid"

Stall19

One of these New Japan wrestlers are going to get seriously hurt in a match with these bumps that they're taking. Fantastic matches but the bumps these guys take man. At this pace Okada and Omega are going to be walking like they're 50 in 5 years. I can see why Nakamura wanted out. Glad Shibata's alright, now I hope they never let him wrestle again. Same with Daniel Bryan when his contract ends.

Also, a hot Japan crowd is the best in the world. Not trying to highjack shows like the idiots over here, just going crazy over the action.

I really hope Shibata takes care of himself if he does return and never does a fucking headbutt ever again.

And man I drove from Atlanta back home to South Florida last night and about 100 miles from home the alternator or some shit fucks up and drains the battery so the car barely made it to a Walmart in the middle of nowhere and I had to get a new battery and shit to install myself while my girlfriend and dog were a bit stressed. Luckily with no radio, windows down, etc we made it home around 3am but Jesus I feel exhausted.

Glad you're all okay, duder. As a DIYer myself, even reading this stressed me out haha.

Zach

If New Japanese Pro Wrestlethon is still rockin' and/or rollin' after Twin Peaks' run on top, brother, I may swap out my Showtime sub for that New J.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One of these New Japan wrestlers are going to get seriously hurt in a match with these bumps that they're taking. Fantastic matches but the bumps these guys take man. At this pace Okada and Omega are going to be walking like they're 50 in 5 years. I can see why Nakamura wanted out. Glad Shibata's alright, now I hope they never let him wrestle again. Same with Daniel Bryan when his contract ends.

Also, a hot Japan crowd is the best in the world. Not trying to highjack shows like the idiots over here, just going crazy over the action.
I mean in fairness they don't wrestle all that many singles matches a year in Japan and G-1 is a lot of those.

Tall4Life

Nakamura wanted a larger payday. And the house show schedule WWE has is more strenuous and taxing than the NJPW schedule, believe it or not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nakamura wanted a larger payday. And the house show schedule WWE has is more strenuous and taxing than the NJPW schedule, believe it or not.

I don't know how true that is. Meltzer was even saying that G-1 in its current form probably isn't sustainable for the performers. WWE never really asks them to do anything crazy more than at like 2 shows a year. The number of bumps I have seen Nakamura sustain that looked like "wow that could have been dangerous!" is like two. Like once in the Sami match and once in the Aries match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ya'll get so caught up on Meltzerz ratingz

The real truth is Tetsuya Naito is the wrestler of the year

-Consistently good to great matches.
-The most over wrestler in Japan right now. Let's be real.
-A veteran of NJPW who worked his way up, went through all the bullshit and rose from the ashes of failed pushes. No golden spoon required.
-One of the most physically charismatic wrestlers of all time. Replacing Nakamura's spot after he left but not only are his matches more consistent than Nakamura's, this is the big one upcoming
-Benefits everyone around him. Naito brings up everyone he works with. He's responsible for taking a popular stable from Mexico to Japan, completely reinventing it to something new that's not stale as bread(which is where Kenny fails). Elevated the IC title by completely trashing it and elevated Tanahashi even by making the IC title seem like such a huge deal. Everyone associated with Naito, rival or friend, comes off way better having been associated with him. Even the damn refs and commentators
-The man who feeds us with his merch money
tumblr_oumbgn8n0M1sh05n8o1_500.png

tumblr_oatvo9npv81sj4xr4o2_400.gif

Tall4Life

I don't know how true that is. Meltzer was even saying that G-1 in its current form probably isn't sustainable for the performers. WWE never really asks you to do anything crazy more than at like 2 shows a year.

The G1 is an insane schedule for them, yeah, but for the rest of the year they basically all take a massive break and do 50 man tag matches where they all share the bumps and go easy

Pikma

Banned
The G1 is an insane schedule for them, yeah, but for the rest of the year they basically all take a massive break and do 50 man tag matches where they all share the bumps and go easy
Do you really think Nakamura is even taking bumps at house shows?

No matter how many more shows WWE makes them work, the style and intensity is on a whole different level so it ends up balancing out in the end

Tall4Life

Do you really think Nakamura is even taking bumps at house shows?

No matter how many more shows WWE makes them work, the style and intensity is on a whole different level so it ends up balancing out in the end

Um... yeah? The house show matches are usually practice runs for TV/PPV matches, practicing some spots and all. And a lot of them are single matches, so the two guys are gonna do bumps one way or another...

Top Bottom