• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

So it's basically no contest at this point, right? Omega is the wrestler of the year, easy. 2 6+ star matches, another 5 star match (might be higher), and very likely another 5+ star match with Naito.

Okada's going to get it because of that Omega/Yano match

toru-yano-laugh.gif

For real though. Kenny's G1 has been fucking unreal. Kenny deserves it.

Raw64life

Just caught up to everything except for the G1 main event. Spoiled it for myself but I was 99% sure Naito was winning so knowing that won't bother me.

Would've totally missed Shibata if I didn't read about it right beforehand. Great moment. He seemed completely normal and even took a bump. He probably shouldn't ever wrestle again, but it seems reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.

As of right now I'd still give Okada WOTY over Omega. Maybe this match I'm about to watch will change that.

Mahonay

Banned
Would've totally missed Shibata if I didn't read about it right beforehand. Great moment. He seemed completely normal and even took a bump. He probably shouldn't ever wrestle again, but it seems reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated.
Being partially paralyzed for an extended period of time is not minor on any planet. I'm extremely elated that he's recovered from that though.

I really hope Shibata takes care of himself if he does return and never does a fucking headbutt ever again.

And man I drove from Atlanta back home to South Florida last night and about 100 miles from home the alternator or some shit fucks up and drains the battery so the car barely made it to a Walmart in the middle of nowhere and I had to get a new battery and shit to install myself while my girlfriend and dog were a bit stressed. Luckily with no radio, windows down, etc we made it home around 3am but Jesus I feel exhausted.

Hex

Banned
unless...YOU JUST GOT WORKED YOU DUMB MARK

GEDO BOOKER OF THE YEAR

This is not america where anyone will sell out for a dollar and a handy.
His doctors are legit, they are the ones that gave the reports.
This is a prime example of why I fucking hate most wrestling fans when they think that they are too fucking clever.
Guy legit almost was a cripple and you are fucking having a meme circle jerk

Hycran

Banned
I'd say Kenny deserves it for sure but BIG DAVE might go with Okada.

I'd say Okada deserves it. Kenny is having 5 star matches with other great wrestlers, but Okada is pulling people up who otherwise aren't nearly at his level. Even thinking about this, they should just tie with AJ being number 3.

Hex

Banned
I really hope Shibata takes care of himself if he does return and never does a fucking headbutt ever again.

And man I drove from Atlanta back home to South Florida last night and about 100 miles from home the alternator or some shit fucks up and drains the battery so the car barely made it to a Walmart in the middle of nowhere and I had to get a new battery and shit to install myself while my girlfriend and dog were a bit stressed. Luckily with no radio, windows down, etc we made it home around 3am but Jesus I feel exhausted.

That drive feels about five times longer than it is even under normal situations

Hex

Banned
So it's basically no contest at this point, right? Omega is the wrestler of the year, easy. 2 6+ star matches, another 5 star match (might be higher), and very likely another 5+ star match with Naito.

Christ it is hard to believe that we still have four months to look forward to this year before WK

Mahonay

Banned
Why man?
Why do some people have to immediately go asshole when we are riding high on the Shibata appearance?
I definitely don't mean it. The whole Bryan vs Shibata thing has been a dark running joke here for a while. Yeah, it was inappropriate.

I genuinely worry about Shibata. I am so fucking happy he came out and looked ok though.

Kornflayx

I'd say Okada deserves it. Kenny is having 5 star matches with other great wrestlers, but Okada is pulling people up who otherwise aren't nearly at his level. Even thinking about this, they should just tie with AJ being number 3.

AJ in 2017 isn't anywhere near Kenny and Okada

Hex

Banned
I definitely don't mean it. The whole Bryan vs Shibata thing has been a dark running joke here for a while. Yeah, it was inappropriate.

I genuinely worry about Shibata. I am so fucking happy he came out and looked ok though.

No worries man, just a bit raw.
Happy as hell to see the man, I have no been able to watch any of his matches for weeks now and seeing him smiling and seeing the fans react seriously was my moment of the night.
On me.

Once in a Lifetime.

We can hope lol

DMczaf

I get to see Nakamura potentially win the WWE Championship live. You bet I'm excited! And I also get to see Jinder's awesome entrance.

And you get to watch WWE Creative Fuckery find a new way to keep the title on Jinder without winning clean

Spoiler: Singh Brothers

Finall back up and watched the finale of the G1. Great stuff overall. Next week im going to all four wwe shows (or will attempt to if im too burnt out in between).

Catching back up, man fucking hell the progress folks can't catch a break. I hope they had their shit sorted out or otherwise id suggest one of them go to port authority and get a bus from there.

Amazing show no doubt though the venue didn't help whatsoever. I hope they got a decent place for their boston show. I'll instabuy tickets for their next NYC show so long as its not in that place.

Also looked at my pics and most came out like crap. two of them seemed decent though..

Egg0

Banned
tumblr_oumt8oQbkN1u1ljrzo3_500.gif

Well.. Naito/Omega was amazing.

SHIBATA! :') Him coming out after the WK promo was either a coincidence or............. Man I'd love to see him wrestle, but the repercussions of him taking more bumps isn't worth it. Unless he shows up to beat the piss out of Bone Soldier or something.

Okada's time is up, Naito's time is now

tumblr_oumsx3KWpo1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Plus three 4.75 matches with Ishii... two 4.75 with Elgin (The first 24 hours before the the third Ishii match), and another 4.75 with Suzuki

Dude had 2 4.75 matches and and an almost 4 star match with Lethal in 24 hours and then two matches that could easily 6*+ in 24 hours a month later

Top Bottom