• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin Thread of Hard Summer Justice Slam !

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
worldrunover said:
Wait Hardy is leaving for good? I thought he was leaving to heal some injuries or something.

On his blog JR said he is just taking an extended break to do somethings outside of wrestling. His band, possibly a reality TV show, just get out of the grind for awhile. He is welcomed back whenever he is ready.

Magik

2qimm4y.gif

Absolute GOLD! :lol :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When you're leaving a company, this is how you do it: by putting over the next top guy. By doing the job.

(Bret hart take notice :p)

Raw64life

Lost Fragment said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9d2auq4XU0

Not interested in the game, but the interviews with some of the rasslers here are pretty cool.

It seems like this year they're improving everything EXCEPT the gameplay. Ridiculous that a game coming out in 2009 is running off an engine that was originally designed for PSX. Never owned a Smackdown series game and haven't bought a wrestling game since Day of Reckoning 2 but I might end up getting 2010 just out of sheer desperation for a new wrestling game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So now CM Punk is only just because Jeff put him over? T____T
Yeah,because was Meth Hardy the one who dissed Twilight fans and cut all the awesome promos right?
Jeff is a great wrestler ,Punk too... just that Punk has tonz of charisma and mic skills. Im so happy to have him as champion.:D

DKehoe

mario ate my burger said:
I understand that, but did Vince really believe that someone who'd been with the company 13 years would really take the belt to WCW? Especially when it's Bret?
It wasn't a risk he could afford to take. I'm sure he didn't expect Bret to do it but he had to make sure it wouldn't happen. Regardless of him showing up on WCW with the belt or not Bret should have just done the right thing. You don't walk out beating their top guy. It doesn't matter if that guy is someone you don't like or if you are in front of a home crowd, you put the company over on your way out.

DKehoe said:
It wasn't a risk he could afford to take. I'm sure he didn't expect Bret to do it but he had to make sure it wouldn't happen. Regardless of him showing up on WCW with the belt or not Bret should have just done the right thing. You don't walk out beating their top guy. It doesn't matter if that guy is someone you don't like or if you are in front of a home crowd, you put the company over on your way out.

Bret just didn't wanna lose in Canada. I think he at least deserved that.

He was happy to drop the belt on one of the Raw's before he left though.

Just not to Michaels, lol

DKehoe

mario ate my burger said:
Bret just didn't wanna lose in Canada. I think he at least deserved that.

He was happy to drop the belt on one of the Raw's before he left though.

Just not to Michaels, lol
He wanted to show up on Raw the next day and give a goodbye speech and hand back the title. How would that have made WWF look when Bret then turned up on Nitro? Whoever then became champion (probably Shawn) wouldn't look good because they never beat the "true champion" for it who was now working for a different company.
To use a current example imagine if Punk hadn't won the title at the last PPV and Jeff then turned up on Impact. Smackdown would lose all credibility.

komarkaze

Vince had Bret signed to WWF for a 20 year contract. Then early into the contract, Vince asked Bret to break the contract and go to WCW because he couldn't afford it. Bret did so even though he wanted to stay WWF. Bret had a clause in his contract that allows him creative control for the final 30 days. He wanted to put over Austin b/c he spent 2007 turning Austin into a star. He didn't want to put Shawn over b/c he already put Shawn over (Wrestlemania 12), and Shawn refused to return the favor (Wrestlemania 13). Shawn was champion but pulled the "lost his smile" crap that had him vacate the title w/o being beaten. It would have been fair for Bret to do the same to Shawn, or at least have Bret lose to Austin at Survivor Series.

Speaking of putting over, is RAW ever going to put someone over we're not completely sick of? This has been addressed a thousand times but it really is the same 3-4 guys for what seems like forever now. Let's get on this RAW!

Also, who's the guest host tonight? I don't think they announced it last week.

laserbeam

Banned
worldrunover said:
Speaking of putting over, is RAW ever going to put someone over we're not completely sick of? This has been addressed a thousand times but it really is the same 3-4 guys for what seems like forever now. Let's get on this RAW!

Dusty Rhodes is hosting tonight

Penguin

worldrunover said:

I believe its,
dusty-rhodes.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Was watching Wrestlemania 15 last night and seeing the big show and kane in their prime was such a huge contrast to how they look now. I had forgotten how huge they both were (Kane especially, the difference between flabby present day kane and 90's kane is like night and day). And Big Show could actually pull off more than 3 moves before running out of gas.
Also reminded me how much I enjoyed watching Ken Shamrock in a wrestling ring.

RBH

I pray that Dusty Rhodes will sit-in at the announcer's table tonight.

I want to hear some wacky Dusty commentary!

I am very close to taking Raw of my DVR unless it gets interesting quick. It looks like MVP's push was started again last week, so they better continue that. Also, put someone new (even HBK) in the main event scene.

What is wrong with a cocky HBK (playing a tweener role) having the belt for a few months and been an asshole to everyone? NOTHING!!!

Ashodin

Keyser Soze said:
I am very close to taking Raw of my DVR unless it gets interesting quick. It looks like MVP's push was started again last week, so they better continue that. Also, put someone new (even HBK) in the main event scene.

What is wrong with a cocky HBK (playing a tweener role) having the belt for a few months and been an asshole to everyone? NOTHING!!!
not to mention MVP was channeling THE GREAT ONE

cjelly said:
RAW would probably be even worse with someone like MVP at the top of the tree.

We have already ran out of ways to Kick HHH, beat up Cena and have him overcome, and for Orton to cheaply win things.

Things need to change... Have a #2 contender tournament with a shock winner (Bourne), put someone new in Legacy, start a new mid-card stable, do a shock heel turn (HBK)... anything, please

Azuran

Banned
cjelly said:
RAW would probably be even worse with someone like MVP at the top of the tree.

I'll take 20 MVPs over Batista and Trips any day.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Orton is not boring. What's boring is that he keeps feuding with the same people all the freaking time. They seriously need to give him an extended feud with Shawn Micheals.

Azuran

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
GAHHHHH

I just had a horrible image of HHH v Orton vs Cena vs Batista in a Fatale 4-Way and Mania 26

:/

Edge then comes back, spears all four of them and wins the championship.

BEST. MOMENT. EVER!

Not Bourne. He's good but it gets tiring him getting his ass beat for 5-10 minutes. I'd much rather see Kofi Kingston. Also, I was really hoping the Miz/Cena would turn into an actual feud, since the Miz is, you know, interesting.

Forkball

I want to see Orton vs. HBK as well. They've feuded before in the past, but I think the time is right for it now. At least the match between Orton and Cena at Breaking Point is an I Quit match which are always fairly interesting. It could have been a submission match, so pray to the wrestling gods thanking them that it's not.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok, lets dream a little:
EDGE comes back from his injury as... a face and then he feuds with CM Punk @_____@
*Faints*

Fersis said:
Ok, lets dream a little:
EDGE comes back from his injury as... a face and then he feuds with CM Punk @_____@
*Faints*

Dream:

HBK, EDGE and PUNK and MIZ all in a stable doing there asshole gimmickry, but in an old school DX style where the crowd like them

This really should happen... Trips had Evolution, so HBK should have a good run with some guys

Fersis said:
Ok, lets dream a little:
*Faints*

That's going to be one long-ass title reign for Punk then.

Also, eww @ face Edge. As much as I like him now (a ton), I hated him even more when he was a face. Even more than Cena and Cena's responsible for me not giving a shit about the Raw championship scene for most of the past 4 years.

Fersis

Keyser Soze said:
Dream:

HBK, EDGE and PUNK and MIZ all in a stable doing there asshole gimmickry, but in an old school DX style where the crowd like them
@_____@
And Morrison as main face.

Alex Anderson said:
That's going to be one long-ass title reign for Punk then.

Also, eww @ face Edge. As much as I like him now (a ton), I hated him even more when he was a face. Even more than Cena and Cena's responsible for me not giving a shit about the Raw championship scene for most of the past 4 years.
Well im sick of these one month reigns that change every PPV :/
I think that EDGE can pull it off.

Fersis said:
@_____@
And Morrison as main face.

That's good... and then a year down the line one guy would break away from the stable as a face (Morrison) and get an epic push as he fights single-handedly against the whole stable, which would go full-heel, taking down each guy until he reach the final boss (HBK in a ladder match at Mania 27).

BOOK IT!!!!

DKehoe

Keyser Soze said:
Dream:

This really should happen... Trips had Evolution, so HBK should have a good run with some guys
My dream: Second City Saints reunion with Colt Cabana and Punk. I want them coming out to Copacabana again :lol
CM Punk 2003

Fersis

Keyser Soze said:
That's good... and then a year down the line one guy would break away from the stable as a face (Morrison) and get an epic push as he fights single-handedly against the whole stable, which would go full-heel, taking down each guy until he reach the final boss (HBK in a ladder match at Mania 27).

BOOK IT!!!!
Dude, we have to send our resumes to the WWE :lol

Fersis

Bootaaay said:
Just turn RAW into the Goldberg show - have him spear everyone and steal the title during yet another variation of Cena vs HHH vs Orton.
Best show ever.

Striker

Keyser Soze said:
Looks like they are looking for a new announcer/interviewer too
http://www.wwe-careers.com/wwe/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*3854B5EA7FAABED7

REPLACE COLE REPLACE COLE REPLACE COLE REPLACE COLE
Isn't Lawler running for mayor in Tennessee? If he wins, he won't be in WWE. They need to replace him anyways. He's horrid. Cole sucks, though, but he needs a heel guy to tell him to shut up. JBL and Cole pair was a good one.

ProWrestling.net reports that the reason for pairing up Evan Bourne and Chavo Guerrero in a feud is so Bourne gets to learn from an experienced veteran like Chavo, and get put over in the process.
Good news.

Problem though is what crediblity does Chavo have with the fans? He repeatedly was made foolish by Hornswaggle. Stupid booking on the RAW writers' part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom