• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch dead at 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta listen to it now...
I Give Thanks For This World As A Place To Learn
And For This Human Body That I Know I've Earned
And My Deepest Thanks To All Sentient Beings
For Without Them There Would Be No Place To Learn What I'm Seeing
There's Nothing Here That's Not Been Said Before
But I Put It Down Now So I'll Be Sure
To Solidify My Own Views And I'll Be Glad If It Helps
Anyone Else Out Too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64lWVE3Tg2A

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Fuck cancer! He died way to young! I loved the Beastie Boys, and he was great. Will be missed by millions no doubt. RIP Adam.

Tobor

I haven't been a fan for a lot of years, but they were definitely a large part of my childhood, all the way through high school. I saw them at Madison Square Garden in '94, and it was a glorious show.

I'll be blasting some Paul's Boutique this weekend for sure.

Guzim

Holy shit. I was listening to them today too. Aren't they getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Above all... the dude had balls. What a god damned bummer.

tumblr_kpz7rdTiEX1qz9m0ho1_500.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
RIP. Growing up I really enjoyed the Beastie Boys.

Rule of 3, Junior Seau, MCA, ???

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
DAMNIT SO MUCH.

RIP.

Holy shit. I was listening to them today too. Aren't they getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Sunday?

Yeah... fuck, well, I guess that's another act that isn't turning up to that.

Ugh, this fucking blows. Someone else said it too, this is the first real death of a talent that hits deep. At least MCA managed to put out one final (pretty damn good) album- no bum note here.

the chris

Damn this sucks, I grew up with the Beastie Boys' music due to my brothers always playing their music and became a fan from there.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know he was sick...this is a huge shock to me...RIP

He's been battling cancer for quite some time... he'd bounce back, then go have to get additional treatments. Seemed very aggressive.

Every time they got closer to releasing new material, it would get delayed because they were all focused on his health.

izakq

Yeah, and they're showing the Hall of Fame tomorrow on HBO, but it was taped from April 14th(???) I think? Don't know for sure.

EDIT:RS Article

Yauch wasn't present at the ceremonies. :(

Anyway RIP. Sad news. Loved their Sabotoge video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom