• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy DotD: Some Animal Crossing Amiibo on sale. Tom Nook, Mabel, Resetti only $2

It's been over a year but they're still trying to get rid of the Animal Crossing Amiibo.

Tom Nook, Mabel, Resetti: $1.99 (1.59 GCU)

Blathers, Celeste, Rover, Kapp'n: $3.99 (3.19 GCU)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-amiibo-20170224

I feel like Tom Nook and Resetti for $2 are something a lot of Animal Crossing fans would take advantage of.

The whole line:

animal-crossing-amiibo.png

I remember when I bought everything at target when stuff was like $4-$5 last April or so and the electronics girl talked about how they had tons of tons in back. What a mistake.

jph139

I really like Animal Crossing and plastic crap but even at $2, I'm just not gonna buy a Tom Nook amiibo.

Definitely a bridge too far.

Richie

Isabelle, K.K., Tom Nook, Resetti, Female and Male Villager.
BAM they'd have been good to go.

I mean I'm glad they did this for those who wanted amiibo of all these NPC (I love Kappn', personally); but they really went overboard with these and released too many too soon to boot.

They showed more restraint with the freaking Mario line.

Im going to buy them all to collect them. Great prices.

Ifeel like nintendo will eventually make a switch animal crossing game that will use these amiibos, i dont want them to be expensive then.

bluehat9

I mean, what could they even be used for? Just that bad party game?

I bought nook for under $10 at some point though.

Would these ever be relevant on the Switch?

Im going to buy them all to collect them. Great prices.

Ifeel like nintendo will eventually make a switch animal crossing game that will use these amiibos, i dont want them to be expensive then.

Isabelle, K.K., Tom Nook, Resetti, Female and Male Villager.
BAM they'd have been good to go.

I mean I'm glad they did this for those who wanted amiibo of all these NPC (I love Kappn', personally); but they really went overboard with these and released too many too soon to boot.

They showed more restraint with the freaking Mario line.

With Animal Crossing most likely this year I definitely see a new Animal Crossing game before June of next year.

Considering since this holiday to Breath of the Wild they've several Amiibo released I'm sure it will have some form of Amiibo support.

If they do make release a new Amiibo line it will probably be max 6 figures and only the most recognizable characters like Isabelle, Nook, Resetti.

Did Nintendo seriously think that party shovelware game was going to take off that much? The disparity in availability between the AC amiibos and every other amiibo is ridiculous.

Anywho, took advantage of this sale to add to my collection.

Better change that guy's tag to the Two Dollar Tanuki.

tom_nook_cheap.jpg

FUCK IT! Just give me away for free!

and change my tag.

Seriously a Mod needs to do this.

Your tag actually takes you to a thread I made on 01/07/16 when Tom Nook was $6. Over a year later and they're still trying to sell them.

Hmmm, don't really like any of these ones. Can wait.

Wait...for what? They ain't getting any cheaper.

This. They're all not going past $2.

You may get lucky and one survives long enough for $2. This is coming from someone that was buying Infinity stuff when Best Buy was clearing them out.

Fact is that they came out way too early and with likely the worst game to tie these with (amiibo Festival).

Had these been released alongside Animal Crossing Switch, I think these could've been done pretty damn decently. Didn't help that Nintendo horrendously overshipped them (one reason why I think NES Classic and now likely Switch are heavily undershipped, to avoid this again).

Also doesn't help that one, Tom Nook does NOT have his trademark blue apron, and two, WHY is KK Slider not a standalone figure?

The cards were a brilliant idea and executed really well IMO, the figures, not so much.

kIdMuScLe

Goddamn Nintendo and their damn artificial shortages!!!! Oh wait...

I remember having my brother buy the rare amiibos before the scalpers snatched them all

Koomaster

Already have the whole collection (Toys R Us had a buy 1 get 1 free on all amiibo about a month back) but good for those who are looking for the last ones they need.

Sad these weren't more popular, I would have loved a Dr. Shrunk, and the other Able sisters, also a version of DJ KK. Well, I would probably buy the whole crew of NPCs if they released them. Maybe they will revive the line in the future. :(

Already have the whole collection (Toys R Us had a buy 1 get 1 free on all amiibo about a month back) but good for those who are looking for the last ones they need.

Sad these weren't more popular, I would have loved a Dr. Shrunk, and the other Able sisters, also a version of DJ KK. Well, I would probably buy the whole crew of NPCs if they released them. Maybe they will revive the line in the future. :(

FWIW you can get them all as amiibo cards.

XanaviF30

Saw this last night whilst online shopping at Best Buy. The prices are a steal and I was about to purchase them all, but the animal crossing amiibos feels worthless to me. I like the other Nintendo amiibos , but these, they're just meh.

The fact they did one for Mabel, but left out Sable really stinks.

ngower

I bought these all for like $7-8 a pop when they first went on clearance. Oops.

I'm only missing the new Isabelle to have a complete collection. I don't think I've ever used them other than for the hour of my life I wasted with amiibo festival. They're just aesthetically pleasing and I love AC so happy to support the franchise any time they give it a push.

wvan13

I wish Resetti didn't look so terrible, I've been a fan of him since I was a kid. But I'll bite for Tom Nook. No way he'll come to life and break my kneecaps in my sleep. Nope. I don't even owe him any money across four different games for loans I never paid back.

Top Bottom