• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyblade (anime where they cursed and had blood and partial nudity, mofos!) is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrricky

Banned
So, ah, whats going on here? Why is this on the front page of the gaming discussion section?

And how the hell is beyblading fun if there is no skill in this thing....all u do is watch the blade spin?

:lol :lol :lol
ah, i need to lighten up....

tehbear

JudgeN said:
Well I didn't want to do it but I am an undercover Beyblade player brandon. Been playing since the game game out in the early 2000's. Don't let GAF get your down, they always make fun of something they don't understand or if you against the flow of GAF. Been training for the next up in coming season, because beyblade isn't about the beyblade itself. Its takes muscle training, ive been doing curls with 50lb weights for months to increase my ripping ability. And my custom beyblade nickname "Trinity" has some kick ass attachments on it. Shit if your ever in the Boston area i'm up for a battle.

You gotta work on your wrist too, cause that's what I been doing. Muscle training is a bit overrated imo but I respect what ur doing. Have you tried visualization training also? I am thinking about getting into that.

Haunted

ShockingAlberto said:
I think the sad thing is we'll never know the real motivation behind this.
and why it's in Gaming Discussion.

Maybe there's a new Beyblade (I had to google it) game coming out and the viral marketer OP wanted to prepare GAF, hype it up? Who the hell knows.

JudgeN

tehbear said:
You gotta work on your wrist too, cause that's what I been doing. Muscle training is a bit overrated imo but I respect what ur doing. Have you tried visualization training also? I am thinking about getting into that.

Yea my wrist get plenty of exercise because of all the fa ....... Er piano playing I do. But GAF don't tell anyone, I'm black and if my friends knew I was playing beyblade insteading of cheering on the celtics they kill me.

Branduil

vagabondarts said:
This is the first I've heard of these.... but when I was a kid there was a similar product called Spinjas.... but the tops were small and shot out of a little gun type thing and on top of the tops were little warriors or ninjas and stuff...

I thought they were the bomb in elementary school... so I can understand how kids love these things.

spinjas.png

spinjas.jpg

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCR-SF2pIaU
Spinjas were awesome.

jrricky said:
And how the hell is beyblading fun if there is no skill in this thing....all u do is watch the blade spin?
No! You need to believe in the power of the monster insid-

yeah its bollocks

I remember Beyblades. It used to come on before or after Dragonball Z in the mornings a couple years ago on Cheez TV (only Australians need apply on that note); used to have it on in the background mostly as I got ready for school. Decent first season which lead into a horrific second season that revealed to me that the only things holding the show up was the somewhat enjoyable aesthetics found in the battle scenes. Much like how I'd watch a Fast and Furious flick for the car scenes. Once that was gone, the terrible characters, setting and plotting just came to the fore way too much.

JudgeN said:
Well I didn't want to do it but I am an undercover Beyblade player brandon. Been playing since the game game out in the early 2000's. Don't let GAF get your down, they always make fun of something they don't understand or if you against the flow of GAF. Been training for the next up in coming season, because beyblade isn't about the beyblade itself. Its takes muscle training, ive been doing curls with 50lb weights for months to increase my ripping ability. And my custom beyblade nickname "Trinity" has some kick ass attachments on it. Shit if your ever in the Boston area i'm up for a battle.

Literally laughing out loud on this one. Bravo.

etiolate

Banned
Himuro said:
I'm pretty sure the same people hating on Beyblade in this thread like breakfast cereal mascot fighting games like Super Smash Bros.

Oh well.

I think we found another Beyblade champion! Poor Himu.. is this what the DBZ leads to?

wow guys this thread really prospered into something i didnt expect. actually the rip does determine how the battle goes but OD muscle workouts really wont do anything. and whos the genius that changed the title of my thread?

G-Fex

brandonk129 said:
wow guys this thread really prospered into something i didnt expect. actually the rip does determine how the battle goes but OD muscle workouts really wont do anything. and whos the genius that changed the title of my thread?

You know what Brandon? Jacks are infinately better and they were back way before your blader game. So QQ cause I bet you'll never get a twosies in your life.

vagabondarts said:
This is the first I've heard of these.... but when I was a kid there was a similar product called Spinjas.... but the tops were small and shot out of a little gun type thing and on top of the tops were little warriors or ninjas and stuff...

I thought they were the bomb in elementary school... so I can understand how kids love these things.

spinjas.png

spinjas.jpg

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCR-SF2pIaU

<3 Spinjas.. I still have my set.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
brandonk129 said:
so whos pumped up for new metal beyblades? whos got the pre orders down already?
I'm pretty excited for the new Metallica model. Already preordered, but the older version had more metal.

I'm also about to complete my unstoppable BeySTriple (it's BAAALLINNNN'!):
2uq12r4.jpg

The monsters are holding the (METAL!!!) wires with their teeth

This is the year of the BeySTriple :lol

Stitch

Gold Member
I knew what Beyblade is before i clicked on this thread

watched 1 or 2 episodes on tv and
saw some commercials for it

Ydahs

:lol

I remember Beyblades. The anime was pretty good and was pretty popular in Australia. Had tazos in chip packs and stuff.

I reckon I might still have a beyblade stashed away somewhere. Used to be good fun when I was like ten.

batbeg

Mr. Pointy said:
So in conclusion, Beyblades are spinning tops with a massive price premium on them.

Made of REAL metal!

I had a friend who went to a Beyblade tournament. He beat a bunch of 8 year old kids and asked the girl who was working the store to give him a kiss for winning.

She told him to get out.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Mr. Pointy said:
So in conclusion, Beyblades are spinning tops with a massive price premium on them.
And monsters, because everything needs monsters.

Walshicus

Alien Bob said:
No, we are too busy having sex with our girlfriends while making wagers and drinking alcoholic beverages with our homeboys
Sometimes I file my taxes and pay into my pension while doing all of the above.

brandonk129 said:
so whos pumped up for new metal beyblades? whos got the pre orders down already?
I can't find anywhere to pre-order, man!

Target reclassified it as a weapon thanks to the metal part and won't sell it to me without a waiting period.

ElyrionX

Mr. Pointy said:

Price premium? Get out of here!

You get what you pay for! Beyblades are made of REAL metal and considering what you're getting, they're a bargain!

Sounds like Crossfire to me - that arena board game with spinning tops, and the absurd commercial with the kids on tops. Wow, that was about 10 years ago now that I think about it...

ShockingAlberto said:
I can't find anywhere to pre-order, man!

Target reclassified it as a weapon thanks to the metal part and won't sell it to me without a waiting period.
thats only true for one beyblade, Leo. for some reason both sites (toywiz and ideal) are sold out. people must really like the design because to be honest it doesnt look like that good of a blade. who am i to say that, it could be great. so which blades specifically are we getting?

brandonk129 said:
thats only true for one beyblade, Leo. for some reason both sites (toywiz and ideal) are sold out. people must really like the design because to be honest it doesnt look like that good of a blade. who am i to say that, it could be great. so which blades specifically are we getting?
Shit! What do you recommend?

Atomspike

:lol
i thought this thread was about sharp cutting knives , daggers , swords and that kind of stuff . fucking LoL

also , beyblade , pokemon , yu yu goh and all that shit is for babies.

YOU MOTAHFUCKAS AINT NO SHIT BOUT BEYBLADE, ON THA EASTSIDE US BRAHS ROLLIN IN OUR ESCALADES BEY POPPIN A BEYBLADE UP YOUR ASS BOY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom