• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Take Out Bandit said:
Go play Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution to see training mode done right.

Get back to me.
I don't think anyone said that BB's tutorial mode was better than that, but its the only thing thats come close in years. Compared to other fighting games of this gen, nothing else comes close.

Not sure what story mode has to do with it either... or how Tager's somehow gimped by it.

QisTopTier said:
Then challenge mode that gets you used to how that character does their combos.

This is what I was looking for. Way to not put this in the training menu. :|

LOL at blaming that you cant use tager cause they teach you the system mechanics with ragna LOL

I use Tager well enough to win matches. Just want to learn to use him more effectively since this is the only fighting game I give a shit about until SF3:3SO and VF5FS come out.

DY_nasty said:
Not sure what story mode has to do with it either... or how Tager's somehow gimped by it.

Problem is I thought TRAINING MODE was for learning shit about the game characters. Not jerking off Dante clones. CHALLENGE mode is what I want out of a training mode.

Complete misunderstanding on my part.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GGS Kiunch and gundamkyoukai.

Kiunch, I'm still in utter disbelief that I beat you. You must have been going easy on me. :lol

Of course you totally stomped me the next match, so it all evens out. :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It will be aglorious day when I finally get the timing down in this game. I have been tying Hakumen's challenge 4 for hours.

zlatko

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
It will be aglorious day when I finally get the timing down in this game. I have been tying Hakumen's challenge 4 for hours.

I got that yesterday. The last part I think is the hardest with the down A into C, because the damn down A often won't connect or you might botch up execution to get a neutral A jab.

Other things to point out about this challenge is you want to experiment on the timing of your down D at the start, because I found if I do it at a certain range that I more often not only got the dash into B, but that the jump A B would connect. If you get the dash B to connect though you just need to go fast as hell is what worked for me. I probably spent like 2 hours on it total and then finally got it.

If all else fails do what my buddy did and turn on turbo. :p

DY_nasty

_tetsuo_ said:
My entire Hakumen strategy revolves around waiting until I get a full 8 count then stylin on fools with Challenge #10

Any more Makoto advice? I'm just picking her up and I can't get her parry timing down at all. Gonna polish up some BnB and D-timing too... Whats the best way to build meter with her?

Nobody playing Makoto on XBL. :lol

Sent out some invites to the Tager face punching party.

Tager's favorite ice cream undae? TURTLE!

HAW!

Nah, I'm just trying real hard to play smarter and I turtled the pants off a crazy Hazama player who was playing keep away into combo with me.

Having troubles w/ Tekkaman (nothing new here) and Robololi (nothing new here). Tsubaki is kind of tough too. Well, then again the whole screwball ranking thing leaves you unprepared for a level 12 Tsubaki in scrub hands, versus a level 6 in competent hands. :lol

Still, good fun so far. Must practice! Practice! Practice!

Novid

Banned
I go up 6 levels on ranked. Great day for me. :lol I think i could do a lot better with Hakuman if i wasnt so scared of pushing the issue.

Ill ask Protoype if i can join one of the gaf rooms soon...

Problem is I thought TRAINING MODE was for learning shit about the game characters. Not jerking off Dante clones. CHALLENGE mode is what I want out of a training mode.

Yeah, and training mode does that pretty damn well.

Do not want. Challenge mode is for learning basic combos. Training mode is for using the knowledge you gain from challenge mode/the tutorials to learn your own combos, testing what move beats what, and for testing out various other things.

Also you can use any character in Training Mode. I don't get why Ragna is making you hate on Training mode.

edit: You probably meant Tutorial Mode.... in which case it doesn't matter which character you use. It serves to teach you basic mechanics and tactics (spacing, airdashing...) Which character you use to learn that shit is irrelevant.

DY_nasty

Nobody playing Makoto on XBL. :lol

Sent out some invites to the Tager face punching party.

Tager's favorite ice cream undae? TURTLE!

HAW!

Nah, I'm just trying real hard to play smarter and I turtled the pants off a crazy Hazama player who was playing keep away into combo with me.

Having troubles w/ Tekkaman (nothing new here) and Robololi (nothing new here). Tsubaki is kind of tough too. Well, then again the whole screwball ranking thing leaves you unprepared for a level 12 Tsubaki in scrub hands, versus a level 6 in competent hands. :lol

Still, good fun so far. Must practice! Practice! Practice!
Tager should dominate Tsubaki. He crap reach and predictability makes her damn near free against Tager... She'll charge all day and night, but even then you should still be able to dictate how the match plays out with good defense and smart play.

Obsessed said:
edit: You probably meant Tutorial Mode.... in which case it doesn't matter which character you use. It serves to teach you basic mechanics and tactics (spacing, airdashing...) Which character you use to learn that shit is irrelevant.

Actually it is very relevant if you play Tager.

The game should have not had a heavily scripted tutorial and let you choose the character to learn with. Learning by doing is always superior for me.

Which is why I don't get involved in theory fighter threads. Play game. Figure shit out. That's the one of the awesome things that I loved about arcades, learning from other players rather than running to the Internet and awaiting a reply for some shit.

Hopefully the remaining DLC characters are slightly less Weabootastic so I can pick up a character that's not Tager.

Tager should dominate Tsubaki. He crap reach and predictability makes her damn near free against Tager... She'll charge all day and night, but even then you should still be able to dictate how the match plays out with good defense and smart play.

Yeah, it's the good defense and smart play part I'm working on. :D

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Seraphis Cain said:
GGS Kiunch and gundamkyoukai.

Kiunch, I'm still in utter disbelief that I beat you. You must have been going easy on me. :lol

Of course you totally stomped me the next match, so it all evens out. :D

GGs

Trust me you did lol, it took me 1 and half round to figure out that you have to use barrier to air block Lambda's 236C. Doesn't help that Noel has nothing to punish or stop 236B/C.

I am sure you will do a lot better once you know how to link 236C into a 3.8k combo, the second part is pretty hard tho.

I need to remember that the furry's block string has overhead on it, I keep blocking low after the first CC.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Actually it is very relevant if you play Tager.

The game should have not had a heavily scripted tutorial and let you choose the character to learn with. Learning by doing is always superior for me.

Which is why I don't get involved in theory fighter threads. Play game. Figure shit out. That's the one of the awesome things that I loved about arcades, learning from other players rather than running to the Internet and awaiting a reply for some shit.

Hopefully the remaining DLC characters are slightly less Weabootastic so I can pick up a character that's not Tager.

Yeah, it's the good defense and smart play part I'm working on. :D

I think you're playing the wrong game. :lol

(Valkenhayn will probably be right up your alley though.)

Coeliacus

Shut up and play the game. :lol
Arc games were popularised during the internet age, even without any online features, I guarantee you these games run off the back of message boards, especially in Japan. They're chock full of theory fighter.

I still haven't gotten my PS3 copy yet, so thankfully I didn't have to play a Mu or Makoto yesterday. Local ranbat had a tournament for it, it got 21 players (not bad consider the entire community is lost to SC2). I made top 8 which is a first for me, beat quite a good Rachel player (I feel so sorry for him) and then lost to the Carl that came first. Carl block strings are like... what. I can block the high low mixup but I couldn't find any gaps to jump out or 2a... need to find the right move to instant block or uppercut through.

Had a crack session afterwards with the Arakune that came third. I still have massive problems, I find it really difficult to stay on the offensive. If I meet him in the air his normals beat my (Ragna) j.c, and j.a/j.b I can't nail a combo down to let me keep momentum. So many times he'd air throw my j.c or hades and get doom combo. At very least I had a lot of time to learn how to block bugs. Fuck the cross under-mixup, and the high low garbage after 5d.

I really like zoning with Ragna, I'm patient and he has really good limbs (lol). My pressure game isn't that great, but chasing Arakune down is the worst. Considering my playstyle I might switch to Hakumen eventually.

Shoutouts to arc for putting the button select in plain view on the character select screen. My fucking heroes. Game is worth price of entry just for that improvement for a tournament organiser. :lol

I have top 8 recorded on wonky cam, I'll upload them later.

Seraphis Cain said:
I think you're playing the wrong game. :lol

(Valkenhayn will probably be right up your alley though.)

I am, but I'm not!

I like that ASW isn't overly dumbing down their game design in a feeble attempt to reinvigorate fighting games. Also their netcode and online options were superior in the last release and continues to provide the superior online experience.

Oh, and sprites! :D

Nice. Both Arakune players I ran into were not very good. One was incompetent, the other was good; but I kept up the pressure with Tager's slashes.

Any suggestions for beating Robololi? I keep getting distanced and pwned by projectiles. :|

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I am, but I'm not!

I like that ASW isn't overly dumbing down their game design in a feeble attempt to reinvigorate fighting games. Also their netcode and online options were superior in the last release and continues to provide the superior online experience.

Oh, and sprites! :D

Nice. Both Arakune players I ran into were not very good. One was incompetent, the other was good; but I kept up the pressure with Tager's slashes.

Any suggestions for beating Robololi? I keep getting distanced and pwned by projectiles. :|

Robololi? Er...do you mean Lambda-11? 'Cause she isn't really loli at all...

Either way, if you DO mean Lambda, then as someone who plays her nearly exclusively, I can say that in my case at least, I most often lose to rushdowns from characters like Ragna and Makoto. But that could just mean that I suck under pressure. Really, Tager's one of my best matchups, so I can't help at lot in your specific case.

(Plus I've been playing BB for a grand total of like three days...not sure you want to be taking advice from me anyway. :lol )

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lamba is still played like the Nu matchup, boring and slow, but you don't get punished nearly as hard for slipping up. Some good stuff to look for is act pulsr, you can 720 it on instant block if they get predictable with it(C version).

Her backdash is annoying, Gadget Finger is pretty useless since it literally avoids all of your moves except a held 720 or a sparkbolt, so it's good to hold on to spark since once you get close you can stop her from just backing away.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Papercuts said:
Lamba is still played like the Nu matchup, boring and slow, but you don't get punished nearly as hard for slipping up. Some good stuff to look for is act pulsr, you can 720 it on instant block if they get predictable with it(C version).

Her backdash is annoying, Gadget Finger is pretty useless since it literally avoids all of your moves except a held 720 or a sparkbolt, so it's good to hold on to spark since once you get close you can stop her from just backing away.

One day I'll learn to not rush into throws using that. Shame since it's basically the foundation of all my combos. :lol

I love Litchi even more this go-around :D I thought I was going to main Hazama for sure but his style is rather limited (for me) so I went back to her <3 I still suffer from nerves online, though D: I mess up my inputs sometimes, especially 623 and sometimes half-circles :lol

I know this is weird, but...

Has anyone messed around with the Unlimited versions of characters? I wanted to see the Unlimited Distortion Drives. After seeing Unlimited Makoto's Ducking Straight, Ducking Upper, and Ducking Dash command normals and her Abare Tosanami Kaisen/Rolling Thunder Distortion Drives (not to mention her acorn and command taunts), I wonder what the other Unlimited Characters have hidden.

Unfortunately, there are no guides for their movesets, and there are no videos for their distortions.

I wish ArcSys would just publish the information.

DY_nasty

FlightOfHeaven said:
I know this is weird, but...

Has anyone messed around with the Unlimited versions of characters? I wanted to see the Unlimited Distortion Drives. After seeing Unlimited Makoto's Ducking Straight, Ducking Upper, and Ducking Dash command normals and her Abare Tosanami Kaisen/Rolling Thunder Distortion Drives (not to mention her acorn and command taunts), I wonder what the other Unlimited Characters have hidden.

Unfortunately, there are no guides for their movesets, and there are no videos for their distortions.

I wish ArcSys would just publish the information.
Unlimited Mu is basically unlimited Dizzy from GG. Give her 2 seconds and the entire screen will be filled with more lazers than Ikaruga game.

DY_nasty said:
Unlimited Mu is basically unlimited Dizzy from GG. Give her 2 seconds and the entire screen will be filled with more lazers than Ikaruga game.

Yeah, her standard drive is easy to figure out, but I was curious about other things. In particular, her Unlimited Distortions.

If I had a capture card, I might actually take the time to compile a full moveset for the Unlimited cast, just for fun.

Seraphis Cain said:
So which Unlimited character is this game's Super Gold Sol? You know, completely unbeatable and cheap as hell? :lol

I got a bit of a taste in Legion Mode, and I'd say Unlimited Arakune, Hakuman, and Taokaka take the cake sometimes.

I tried to figure out Rachel, she can be absolutely busted.

DY_nasty

Seraphis Cain said:
So which Unlimited character is this game's Super Gold Sol? You know, completely unbeatable and cheap as hell? :lol
Noel and Jin can get retarded in the right hands.

Arakune is crazy though... instant kill ftw

Papercuts

FlightOfHeaven said:
I got a bit of a taste in Legion Mode, and I'd say Unlimited Arakune, Hakuman, and Taokaka take the cake sometimes.

I tried to figure out Rachel, she can be absolutely busted.

Arakune is fucking ridiculous. He gets a shortened fever mode but gets there with anything, and makes like 5x the amount of bugs on screen. He can also drop a bag that kills you instantly if you hit it.

Some things I noticed are Ragna having 2 extra followups for Dead Spike, Hazama has an attack that hits you a bunch of times and makes those snakes from his distortion come out as a normal combo, it seems like they actually put a good effort into them. Too bad it's hard to see them outside of Legion mode, beating Score Attack for them is ridiculous. I legitimately got U. Tager but he seems pretty shitty anyway. :lol

I do wish they had inputs for the unlimited only stuff. Makoto has a lot, like this bullshit.

tcWCe.jpg

Valkenhayn was finally officially announced!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/08/blazblue_character_and_arcade/

no release date yet :(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wonder if the community for this will ever get bigger. I know it hasn't even been out for two weeks yet, but I honestly thought there would be more players online than there currently are.

Coeliacus

Seraphis Cain said:
You mean gold Faust right?
Na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~nani ga deru kana (Only ends because you screwed up the input).

For those that haven't seen it, basically permanent meteors all over the screen. :lol

Seraphis Cain said:
I wonder if the community for this will ever get bigger. I know it hasn't even been out for two weeks yet, but I honestly thought there would be more players online than there currently are.
See if there is a local tournament in your area if you're willing to leave the house to play the game. At very least you'll meet people to practice with online when you can't make it.

Papercuts

_dementia said:
http://imgur.com/tcWCe.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/08/blazblue_character_and_arcade/[/url]

no release date yet :([/QUOTE]

If you look at the bottom, you can see he's fighting Hazama and has a meter for something.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Zanken said:
You mean gold Faust right?
Na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~na~nani ga deru kana (Only ends because you screwed up the input).

For those that haven't seen it, basically permanent meteors all over the screen. :lol

See if there is a local tournament in your area if you're willing to leave the house to play the game. At very least you'll meet people to practice with online when you can't make it.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in a 50 mile radius who even owns this game. :lol Big Madden/Call of Duty area around here.

Kuugrr

_dementia said:
http://imgur.com/tcWCe.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/08/blazblue_character_and_arcade/[/url]

no release date yet :([/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping that's the "Badass Werewolf Awesomeness" meter down there. :lol

zlatko

Banned
This games online is such a crap fiesta. Matched me up with the same guy 3 times in a row who's level 59 and I'm level 23.

Fight 3 I just put my damn stick down and went to get water. It was fucking pointless to try I'm not even near that level. With no back out option I was just forced to take the hits to my PSR points and dip my win loss ratio more.

/rage

Wow this has gotta be some kinda fucking joke. Right after him is a red named Tager with beginner mode on mashing sledge and 360's for the win. No surprise I lost because he turned on that sick standby when I was getting close to a win.

=/

DY_nasty

Okay, as much as I like Makoto's playstyle, it just isn't working. Her approaches just feel so unnatural to me. Every rushdown attempt is like running buttnaked into a blizzard.

I guess after all this, I'm just going to be playing with Lamdba and Tscrubaki seriously. :(

Yay! Old guy is slightly less shitty character. Will keep an eye out.

As for robololi, sorry dude - character doesn't look older than. . . 15? Something around there. Damned new anime characters all look alike.

Let's get some Tetsuo Hara / Buichi Terasawa style character designs plz! :D

So i can do mak loop about 80% now also even after the F+B , C which great .
I have some nice mix up with that but doing it online is whole another story :lol .
As Q said even with 3 bars my timing off still great for offline play when playing with friends.
Lag in this game is worst than first BB game to me and i even have a faster connection than then .Mak feels like super slug with lag .
Wonder if it because less people buy the game so less people to play VS with .

Okay, managed to keep some Tager style pressure on <RANDOM GREEK CHARACTER + NUMBER> and I was running into a situation where she would be hovering at about shoulder height to Tager. Will his vacuum grab move snatch her out of the air here?

Anyhow, fun times; but right now it's taking around two minutes to find a match. :(

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I had a chance to really delve into the story mode yesterday, I like way more than the original one. Instead of being a hodgepodge of different storylines that make no sense, the main story in CS is a cohesive storyline with different viewpoints. It really does make the storyline in CS much much better than CT.

Rachel's Gag ending was funny as hell, so was Taokaka's. Lambda's storyline was depressing, period. The gag ending and the serious ending were too serious, and she is such a good character :(

vocab

Let's get some Tetsuo Hara / Buichi Terasawa style character designs plz! :D

Heh. I wish, but sadly that would never happen. I think you need to get over the fact that BB is an anime fighter, with stereotypical anime designs.

vocab said:
Heh. I wish, but sadly that would never happen. I think you need to get over the fact that BB is an anime fighter, with stereotypical anime designs.

It's not just BB really. There was a time when I enjoyed anime, but somewhere around the 90's they started to kill it; then the V-Tec kicked in and everything recently has been complete shit. :lol

Fun with generalization!

Just more incentive for Tager to punch jerks in the face. :D

Go play Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution to see training mode done right.

Get back to me.

Amen, my man. Amen. No other fighting game has the best training mode than VF4E who I consider is the father of everything.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
gundamkyoukai said:
So i can do mak loop about 80% now also even after the F+B , C which great .
I have some nice mix up with that but doing it online is whole another story :lol .
As Q said even with 3 bars my timing off still great for offline play when playing with friends.
Lag in this game is worst than first BB game to me and i even have a faster connection than then .Mak feels like super slug with lag .
Wonder if it because less people buy the game so less people to play VS with .

the trick to doing it on pad is to never let your thumb leave the top of the dpad... that is all

Okay I need a good strategy guide for tactics against FUCKING HAZAMA PLAYERS! >:|

IN MY FACE! IN MY FACE! IN MY FACE!

There has to be a way to avoid this shit that isn't barrier burst. Yes, my Tager sucks. I MUST GET STRONGER! >:|

El Sloth

Banned
Just picked this game up the other day. Despite almost completely forgetting how to play, I had good fun with friends. The story is still kinda over my head though. Plan on maining Tager, they couldn't handle dat science. Can anyone help me out and link me to some Tager strategy guides?

Actually a link for an Arakune guide would be cool too. I had no clue what I was doing with him, but damn if it didn't piss my friends off.

Top Bottom