• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nose Master said:
any tips on dash cancelling whateverscissors with ragna to his forward a? I can't really get the timing down :(
You can dash cancel carnage scissors? Thats weird.... you shouldn't even need to, that shit flies 3/4 across the screen and has an insane hitbox.

Volcynika

Yesterday I was doing well, but today, lost like 9 ranked matches in a row of varying leveled opponents. Today is just not my day!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
DY_nasty said:
You can dash cancel carnage scissors? Thats weird.... you shouldn't even need to, that shit flies 3/4 across the screen and has an insane hitbox.

He means AFTER...

I'm pretty sure its not dash cancelable.. just learn the time that the move ends then dash soon as it ends, that's all there is to it

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Volcynika said:
Yesterday I was doing well, but today, lost like 9 ranked matches in a row of varying leveled opponents. Today is just not my day!

I got the corner combo off on seph today before lunch... his words where... "look at that damage.... fuck"

Nose Master

QisTopTier said:
He means AFTER...

I'm pretty sure its not dash cancelable.. just learn the time that the move ends then dash soon as it ends, that's all there is to it

Yeah, I didn't mean cancel. It's just, strict timing it seems. You have to dash then immediately ->A, but, they always recover before I can land it :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nose Master said:
Yeah, I didn't mean cancel. It's just, strict timing it seems. You have to dash then immediately ->A, but, they always recover before I can land it :(
watch the cpu do it mimic it perfectly :D

DY_nasty

Nose Master said:
lol oh okay, i was confused as hell when i read it the first time

is Tek on yet? I'd like to see how he's dealing with Lambda now

Volcynika

DY_nasty said:
lol oh okay, i was confused as hell when i read it the first time

is Tek on yet? I'd like to see how he's dealing with Lambda now

I asked him about a week or so ago about it, he said he wasn't getting the game.

Blah. Litchi corner combo. 30 hits. 75% health. True combo. Could get me into it from most anywhere on screen. The hell kinda balance is that.

A glut of Ragnas and Litchis. They're the only ones I ever lose to (plus Bang, but I didn't play any of them tonight).

Add me to XBL guys, Taiga Koutaroh

Had some good matches today and got to play against new internet friends. Don't be discouraged if I Tage you bro. I'm getting Hazama pwned plenty. Stick with it if you're new.

sca2511

I meant that I wanted to know if there is a chatroom to discuss and play with people that are sort of new to the game. I mean, SSF4 has one so I assumed that BB:CS might have one too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FreedomFrisbee said:
Blah. Litchi corner combo. 30 hits. 75% health. True combo. Could get me into it from most anywhere on screen. The hell kinda balance is that.

A glut of Ragnas and Litchis. They're the only ones I ever lose to (plus Bang, but I didn't play any of them tonight).

Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands. J.B comes out almost instantly hits 180 degrees below her has good range, 6c hits all the way from the ground in front of her all the way past the life bars, 5b comes out quick Jc not as bad as j.b but almost as bad hits far as hell in front of her and can combo off counter hit.

All these lead to half life or plus combos into the corner into her oki game where you have to guess guess wrong and you lost the match

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands.
Seriously.

At least in CT, all I had to do was run that little skank down and grab her by the ponytail.

Sucks Tek isn't playing, I always wanted a mirror match.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
"Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands."

Fact: Nu wasn't broken to begin with!

I never said she was I always made fun of the people taht bitched about her remember :D personally I thought she was fun as fuck to fight. bbcs litchi... brain dead :lol

The only characters I thought where near broken in ct was arakune(easy curse unblockables hit set ups into 60% life shit) and a pro carl(dat easy to start loop!). rachel was just annoying, nu was well learn to fucking block

"Sucks Tek isn't playing, I always wanted a mirror match."

I'd be interested in Valkenhayn but fuck DLC Characters (And they nerfed my main :////).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Teknopathetic said:
"Sucks Tek isn't playing, I always wanted a mirror match."

I'd be interested in Valkenhayn but fuck DLC Characters (And they nerfed my main :////).

Lambda isnt that nerfed haha she just plays a bit differently now. She can still molest you for 50% plus life off a fuck up. Her over head special is even better now, and her new move is safe on block. She is the best in the entire cast at breaking primers too so you almost always get free combos off. instead of teleporting in now you do a dashing hit or you just jump back and iad back into a d move still a safe little whore :lol Oh she actually has a DP move now too

DY_nasty

I'm just kinda tight that I went and spent the last week trying to work with new characters only to find out that I'm only good with Lambda. Spent tons of time with Tsubaki in training and I'm still a scrub with her for the most part. I played Legion for the first time and the moment I pick Lambda its like warm apple pie.

I hear Plat is supposed to a long range/zoning type of character, if I can get past all the loli I might give her a try, but its looking like Lambda is my main for good. TK loop ftw

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL I don't care if anyone uses her, use who you enjoy playing as that's the point of the game xD I don't shun people for picking a character. Im just saying the things I hate :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Take Out Bandit said:
Add me to XBL guys, Taiga Koutaroh

Had some good matches today and got to play against new internet friends. Don't be discouraged if I Tage you bro. I'm getting Hazama pwned plenty. Stick with it if you're new.

Hazama is a rough match. ;_;

I just fought a beginner Tager on ranked. Gadget finger into 720? Even though I can SEE IT CHARGING? :lol

DY_nasty

QisTopTier said:
What? Blanka sucks, ehonda has always been the better of the two. All blanka makes you do is play a slower game its like geif but differnt
Honda can't chip you out of a match though. :p

Dreavus

QisTopTier said:
Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands. J.B comes out almost instantly hits 180 degrees below her has good range, 6c hits all the way from the ground in front of her all the way past the life bars, 5b comes out quick Jc not as bad as j.b but almost as bad hits far as hell in front of her and can combo off counter hit.

All these lead to half life or plus combos into the corner into her oki game where you have to guess guess wrong and you lost the match

I still don't know what the fuck is going on once litchi is comboing me in the corner. Honestly, I try to watch for consistency but it seems like its a different combo every time and they all end at different times. D:

Blue beats EVERYWHERE.

See, theres a difference between enjoying getting beat and being bored and irritated by it. Litchi's comboes are long and you just sit there and watch them for forever. And then they kill you. Boring and irritating. Which is odd, considering its a busty lady.

At least with Nu it was like BAM BAM BAM done. Next (combo) please.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FreedomFrisbee said:
See, theres a difference between enjoying getting beat and being bored and irritated by it. Litchi's comboes are long and you just sit there and watch them for forever. And then they kill you. Boring and irritating. Which is odd, considering its a busty lady.

At least with Nu it was like BAM BAM BAM done. Next (combo) please.

actually it wasnt that, its the fact it ends in a 50/50 guessing game. for a repeat which is something nu didnt really have. Lamada kinda does though :lol

Nose Master

Rag's gag ending wasn't bad, dragged a bit though. I realllly don't know if I'm going to grind out the story on the rest of the characters and actually pay attention.

Kune is a son of a bitch, might I add.

Nose Master said:
Rag's gag ending wasn't bad, dragged a bit though. I realllly don't know if I'm going to grind out the story on the rest of the characters and actually pay attention.

Kune is a son of a bitch, might I add.
It's hard, but I've sat through every bit of dialog in the story (besides Hakumen's, Hazama's and the True ending), including the gag reels. I don't know why though since completing everyone's story takes about an hour each because I get distracted easily. :lol

zlatko

Banned
Papercuts said:
Hazama is a rough match. ;_;

I just fought a beginner Tager on ranked. Gadget finger into 720? Even though I can SEE IT CHARGING? :lol

Wait a second. You main Tager and think the Hazama match is hard!? :lol

Check out dustloop.com good sir, because as a Hazama main Tager is THE worst match up I can think of. You just need to read that match up thread on there and once you do you will destroy 90% of us.

Cronox

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands."

Fact: Nu wasn't broken to begin with!
You obviously didn't play as Tager then. It was bad...

Papercuts

zlatko said:
Wait a second. You main Tager and think the Hazama match is hard!? :lol

Check out dustloop.com good sir, because as a Hazama main Tager is THE worst match up I can think of. You just need to read that match up thread on there and once you do you will destroy 90% of us.

Most of them are all saying the same thing, I read the tager side of it too. Hazama plays keep away, once he gets a hit in he just stays away and you can't do much aside from spark. He can also IB all of tager's slow ass stuff to further help his meter gain to reversal distortion you into a huge combo.

DY_nasty

Hazama wouldn't be that bad if his meter didn't build through photosynthesis. Playing as Hakumen, I caught dat kick 3 times in one match. (3rd time I tried to DD counter it)

It seems like it beats damn near everything too.

zlatko

Banned
Papercuts said:
Most of them are all saying the same thing, I read the tager side of it too. Hazama plays keep away, once he gets a hit in he just stays away and you can't do much aside from spark. He can also IB all of tager's slow ass stuff to further help his meter gain to reversal distortion you into a huge combo.

Well here's my tips to you on what screws the fight up for me against Tager.

Try a steady use of sledges and 2D's to start an approach, but don't get over zealaous because a miss timed of either on you part could get you to eat a chain. Another thing to try and work in is good use of atomic coliders to punish the air game Hazama uses.

If you knock him down ride him hard. One magnetize on your part can screw this whole fight up for him since trying to use chains after that makes you go in all the wrong places. Also try to maintain him in the corner if you get him near it. I know I personally try to jump and chain out but if you can predict it you can punish it easily.

Also, not sure what your skill level is, but if you are fighting Hazama's who are constantly instant guarding you perfectly online then my advice is pretty much pointless. I have yet to fight someone who is god like at doing that nor am I myself that proficient in it. My meter gain comes from beating people up and less from defending. Another good tip is to put the training dummy on hell difficulty and practice up there to see what stuff works there and try it out on people online.

Hope that helps. :)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
akachan ningen said:
There's gonna be a rebalance by the time valkenhayn is out.

Really they said that? Or you mean it will be balance because everyone will use Valken, and nothing else? :lol

Papercuts

zlatko said:
Well here's my tips to you on what screws the fight up for me against Tager.

Try a steady use of sledges and 2D's to start an approach, but don't get over zealaous because a miss timed of either on you part could get you to eat a chain. Another thing to try and work in is good use of atomic coliders to punish the air game Hazama uses.

If you knock him down ride him hard. One magnetize on your part can screw this whole fight up for him since trying to use chains after that makes you go in all the wrong places. Also try to maintain him in the corner if you get him near it. I know I personally try to jump and chain out but if you can predict it you can punish it easily.

Also, not sure what your skill level is, but if you are fighting Hazama's who are constantly instant guarding you perfectly online then my advice is pretty much pointless. I have yet to fight someone who is god like at doing that nor am I myself that proficient in it. My meter gain comes from beating people up and less from defending. Another good tip is to put the training dummy on hell difficulty and practice up there to see what stuff works there and try it out on people online.

Hope that helps. :)

Are you on 360? Maybe we could fight sometime. I'm not really sure how magnetism with him works, it seems like Hazama stops getting pulled when he does a j.D. My biggest issue is just trying to watch his heat, I always fall for reversal JAYOKU, lol.

DY_nasty

chriskun said:
So are people slowly coming to the realization that this game is as broken as CT was??? Kinda bums me out.
lol, cs is nowhere near broken.

zlatko

Banned
Papercuts said:
Are you on 360? Maybe we could fight sometime. I'm not really sure how magnetism with him works, it seems like Hazama stops getting pulled when he does a j.D. My biggest issue is just trying to watch his heat, I always fall for reversal JAYOKU, lol.

Yeah I'm on 360. GT is Outlaw Slevin

I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow as I'm playing through Alan Wake since I rented it from boredom. I'm not a master Hazama, but I think I should still be able to show you where the cracks are in his game for you to exploit.

When you magnetize Hazama it makes it so the only thing he can really do with his jump D is go sailing past you. It's at that point you wanna try to use atomic coliders to catch him as he goes flying by.

Just send a message with your friend request saying you are from Gaf and I'll make sure to add ya. :)

Top Bottom