• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey, Source Says

Tovarisc

President Donald Trump doesn't have recordings of his conversations with then-FBI Director James Comey, according to a person familiar with the matter, capping weeks of speculation about whether such tapes exist.

Trump himself raised the question of whether he was taping his Oval Office conversations when, days after firing Comey on May 9, he blasted out a series of tweets suggesting the existence of tapes as a way to try to deter the ousted FBI chief from talking to reporters.

”James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!" Trump wrote. He concluded with a tweet calling the investigation into Russian interference in the election and his campaign's possible involvement a ”witch hunt," asking, ”when does it end?"

Trump raised the possibility of tapes in a strategic fashion to ensure that Comey told the truth, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-have-recordings-of-conversations-with-comey

Shocking. I'm shocked by this revelation.

HikdOyL.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/877932907137966080

Cred to hEist for screengrab, I was too lazy to make my own: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241536261&postcount=42

Lo-Volt

Trump raised the possibility of tapes in a strategic fashion to ensure that Comey told the truth, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Well, that worked out pretty well considering.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This is sixth-dimensional chess designed to lure Trump into dropping the tapes online in an 'I-told-you-so!' manner.

DOWN

Banned
I thought this was likely all along. What were the odds Trump thought ahead enough to record his colleagues and trusted his staff to set up recordings that wouldn't hurt him despite how leaky they all are at the White House?

He talks bullshit from nowhere all the time

But his lawyer is saying Comey didn't tell the truth.

So in reality what Trump was trying to do is undermine Comey, which you can extrapolate from the sum total of everything he's done related to Comey.

RPGCrazied

No shit. It was just like his voter fraud and Obama wiretapping his tower nonsense. All he said was, wait a couple weeks and you will hear some interesting things!

Nothing came, nothing will.

Same thing here. Just lies all the time.

If Trump were to actually say "I used the word 'hope' in this case as a way of threatening Comey to tell the truth!" That sort of makes the Obstruction of Justice charge easier to nail down.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A special prosecutor was appointed because of his tape tweet which caused Comey to release his Trump conversation memo via a friend.

"Strategic" :/

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
OMG Trump is a lair?!?

SHOCKING

Hahahhaa @ this tweet being strategic. NOTHING the man does is ever strategic. It's all verbal diarrhea

Jackpot

Banned
Newt Gingrich came out with:

"I think [Mr Trump] was in his way instinctively trying to rattle Comey," Mr Gingrich told the Associated Press. "He's not a professional politician. He doesn't come back and think about Nixon and Watergate. His instinct is: 'I'll outbluff you'."

It's ok everyone, he wasn't secretly taping officials, he was just trying to intimidate a witness before they testified!

Loudninja

Guys guys Onion news has the scoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump Accidentally Records Over Comey Meeting Tape With Idea For Candy Hotel
WASHINGTON—Brainstorming the wondrous features and amenities as they came to him in a flash of inspiration, President Donald Trump on Wednesday accidentally recorded over the tape containing his meetings with fired FBI Director James Comey with an idea for a candy hotel. ”There could be a revolving door made out of peppermint swirl, and then you walk in, and there's a giant lobby with chocolate fountains, peanut brittle columns, and beautiful rock candy chandeliers," said Trump into a handheld cassette recorder, replacing over 90 minutes of crucially important conversations that could be used as key evidence in determining whether obstruction of justice occurred with musings about a gumdrop garden and olympic-sized pudding pool. ”The ballroom could have a hard caramel floor with ornate wall designs carved into stucco made from nougat, and then red taffy curtains and a Jolly Rancher piano—oh, and all the beds would be made out of marshmallow, and the sheets could be cotton candy." After realizing his mistake, Trump reportedly became paranoid that if the FBI got access to the tapes, they could steal his idea.
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-accidentally-records-over-comey-meeting-tape-56302

Jenov

He's such an asshole, there were never tapes, it was just Trump trying to bully and intimidate Comey. Fuck off, Trump.

Top Bottom